Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

I dont believe this is an entirely accurate picture of this value as I know for a fact I dont have 80 loot boxes in my Prefab. I'll toy around with this tonight, but this does seem to be out-of-scope for Compo Pack as Magoli has already stated he has no intention of censoring, limiting, or modifying other people's work. Maybe someone could consider creating a "balanced" version of COMPOPACK that examines the loot in the prefabs selected to be part of it to ensure a more balaned gameplay without discovering fort knox beneath someone's garage prefab. :)

I just wanted to draw attention to the actual meaning of the loot value of the ingame editor and to its relative inappropriateness for evaluating the loot balance of prefabs. If you use my editor and count the blocks that have the class 'loot', you'll get similar (but not perfectly identical) values and they increase with the size of the considered prefab (for instance dishong tower has a loot of 450). That why I think the value is associated with those loot blocks.

Ofc I agree with you. Prefabs that have too much loot can heavily compromise the survival experience. Magoli is aware of this issue (he asked me to implement a feature which can be used to evaluate the loot balance)...

The bigger the prefab the bigger the loot.

My prefabs are untouched your always the first to visit them lol. A lot of the blocks are random versions.

If you read the story behind the village it was a testing site in regards to a military camp has tonnes more loot then mine lol.... But yeh not worried bout the loot size. Then you got to look in those loot containers and half or more times they are empty so just cause there are alot of loot containers does not necessarily mean you are gonna walk away with everything. It also depends on your loot settings 25%, 50%, 100 150 200 etc. I play on 100% sometimes 150% and most are either empty or have 1 or 2 things in them at most.

a true and proper loot count document would not be ever accurate because of the many different outcomes, chances and randomness of loot that there is. SO you may see 8 gun safes (which in a govt testing lab would be way under what would actually be in there in real life but how much loot did you get from it.

Did you open each safe and check or just saw 8 gun safes and went oh thats to much lol... My point is you could have 100 containers yet only get 3 items from the whole lot. or you could have 100 containers and get 80 things etc. all depends on all the variables in the game you have set and the chances the game gives of loot and each time it is different.

I just wanted to draw attention to the actual meaning of the loot value of the ingame editor and to its relative inappropriateness for evaluating the loot balance of prefabs. If you use my editor and count the blocks that have the class 'loot', you'll get similar (but not perfectly identical) values and they increase with the size of the considered prefab (for instance dishong tower has a loot of 450). That why I think the value is associated with those loot blocks.

Ofc I agree with you. Prefabs that have too much loot can heavily compromise the survival experience. Magoli is aware of this issue (he asked me to implement a feature which can be used to evaluate the loot balance)...

but how would you work that on ll the variables in a game. there be way to many for it to be any where near accurate. as i have mentioned in the above comment i did.

you could work it out and works fine in one game but joe bloes game ends up completely different to yours even tho the same settings have been used. it be a impossible loop never ending so to speak.

To be fair, the value 'loot' in the ingame editor doesn't take the sizes of the prefabs into account. Imo it doesn't make sense to talk about the loot value without considering the size... 1300 loot means ~1300 loot boxes (afaik the ingame editor is slightly inaccurate btw.).

I don't know what the "loot values" are but I think even in a HUGE prefab that 8 safes and 30 boxes in just one area is too much. There were more. I am not complaining about the prefab itself, Its really an amazing build and I hope Stallion isn't upset with me. But If I can figure out a way to remove half the loot from those buildings I'm going to

I not worried lol. Use my prefabs don't use my prefabs lol edit my prefabs lol I won't change we have a different view of things.

And pille I will disagree even those same values 2 players will get differing results.

Yes but that doesn't matter. You can eliminate the random factors, as I suggested before.

Yes but that doesn't matter. You can eliminate the random factors, as I suggested before.

lol agree to disagree. vanilla prefabs are smallish lol and still have the same random containers and you still get uncalculated variables.

How would you set a container when one player has 100% loot another has 200% loot. it is near impossible to carry these factors to a decimal point let alone exact.

Magoli does edit the loot cos he stated he Balanced my loot in 1 of my prefabs lol... The underground carpark I believe... If you think a prefab is as you say over looted just remove it or limit it, simples... The Village is an OLD prefab re edited many many times... Finding that is like finding a 17 century Musket lol...

- - - Updated - - -

The bigger the prefab the bigger the loot.

My prefabs are untouched your always the first to visit them lol. A lot of the blocks are random versions.

If you read the story behind the village it was a testing site in regards to a military camp has tonnes more loot then mine lol.... But yeh not worried bout the loot size. Then you got to look in those loot containers and half or more times they are empty so just cause there are alot of loot containers does not necessarily mean you are gonna walk away with everything. It also depends on your loot settings 25%, 50%, 100 150 200 etc. I play on 100% sometimes 150% and most are either empty or have 1 or 2 things in them at most.

a true and proper loot count document would not be ever accurate because of the many different outcomes, chances and randomness of loot that there is. SO you may see 8 gun safes (which in a govt testing lab would be way under what would actually be in there in real life but how much loot did you get from it.

Did you open each safe and check or just saw 8 gun safes and went oh thats to much lol... My point is you could have 100 containers yet only get 3 items from the whole lot. or you could have 100 containers and get 80 things etc. all depends on all the variables in the game you have set and the chances the game gives of loot and each time it is different.

My loot is set at 150% and one of my players opened every box they had to port out 8 times to transfer all the loot. I've been in others of yours and it was the same.

- - - Updated - - -

My loot is set at 150% and one of my players opened every box they had to port out 8 times to transfer all the loot. I've been in others of yours and it was the same.

Then don't use my prefab. Edit it how you like. But at 150% you get more loot maybe try 100%. Maybe next play thru you only get 3 items.

Hopefully tfp create random containers for everything.

lol agree to disagree. vanilla prefabs are smallish lol and still have the same random containers and you still get uncalculated variables.

How would you set a container when one player has 100% loot another has 200% loot. it is near impossible to carry these factors to a decimal point let alone exact.

That's kind of the thing though. When building a prefab, I kinda shoot for a vanila level of loot. I actually nerfed loot in both of the prefabs I put out because I watched a play through and saw how nearly game breaking the amount of loot these people pulled out of especially my paintball facility.

It was like... They went in, had a ton of fun killing loads of zombies. And had to make two trips out, between two people, while scrapping and eating, to clear the POI of loot. They walked out with weapons, advanced tools, etc. In fairness, they got some lucky rolls. But there were a number of opportunities for those lucky rolls.

For valuing the "lootiness" of a POI, to me, it's actually pretty simple.

Containers have a loot table.

Containers drop X number of lootable items.

So...

I take the total contents of the loot container, take the top X number of the highest value lootable items it can drop, and give you a High Value.

I take the total contents of the loot container, take the top X number of the lowest value lootable items it can drop, and give you a Low Value.

Then I take all items of the container, average out the values of all possible items, and take X number of the avg value, and give you an Avg number.

Now...

I don't care what the Game Stage is.

I don't care what the players perks are.

What I do compare against is...

I want my loot to be similarly looty to this POI. So what's this other POI's High, Low, and Avg values? Okay, am I in the ball park?

I know this POI over here is freaking barren of loot. I don't want that. SO what's it's High, Low, Avg values compared to my POI?

There's no need to worry yourself over Game Stage or Perks. That's TFP's job when it comes to scaling loot. All we would need to deal with is how close does the loot of my POI match others that I've actually experienced in game?

Tadaaaaa... Loot values, with meaning, geared towards balance.

You can add to that whole calc list some really cool stuff too.

Food Loot Value: Do counts of just food available item drops from a container. Total them up. How food looty is the place?

Weapon Loot Value: Do counts of just weapon item drops from a container. Total them up. How weapon looty is the place?

Some loot tables have probability factors. Nerf or boost the value of an item by that probability factor.

The biggest challenge I have with the whole calculating of things is understanding exactly how 7 Days rolls loot.

* Does it go down the list, roll a % value, and if that item wins, it's made available to loot? If so, then one would have to assume it goes up to the max available loot for that container (i.e. if only 2 lootable items are allowed, then you actually have a higher chance in getting items at the top of the list). Is the list rolled as is, top down? Is the list sorted?

* is there a calc created based on total number of items available in a loot table, maybe taking those with probability specified out of the equation and the remaining items get split up into ranges of a single percentile roll? then the roll is done X number of times?

That stuff is the hard part to figure out. But just pulling out High/Low/Avg, you could get away without using a real probability and using a temp/fake probability or no probability.

To me, loot value, is really a value to use as a comparison against other POIs. Not as a monitoring/live tracking value that adjusts based on a players Perks or Game Stage.

That's kind of the thing though. When building a prefab, I kinda shoot for a vanila level of loot. I actually nerfed loot in both of the prefabs I put out because I watched a play through and saw how nearly game breaking the amount of loot these people pulled out of especially my paintball facility.

It was like... They went in, had a ton of fun killing loads of zombies. And had to make two trips out, between two people, while scrapping and eating, to clear the POI of loot. They walked out with weapons, advanced tools, etc. In fairness, they got some lucky rolls. But there were a number of opportunities for those lucky rolls.

For valuing the "lootiness" of a POI, to me, it's actually pretty simple.

Containers have a loot table.

Containers drop X number of lootable items.

So...

I take the total contents of the loot container, take the top X number of the highest value lootable items it can drop, and give you a High Value.

I take the total contents of the loot container, take the top X number of the lowest value lootable items it can drop, and give you a Low Value.

Then I take all items of the container, average out the values of all possible items, and take X number of the avg value, and give you an Avg number.

Now...

I don't care what the Game Stage is.

I don't care what the players perks are.

What I do compare against is...

I want my loot to be similarly looty to this POI. So what's this other POI's High, Low, and Avg values? Okay, am I in the ball park?

I know this POI over here is freaking barren of loot. I don't want that. SO what's it's High, Low, Avg values compared to my POI?

There's no need to worry yourself over Game Stage or Perks. That's TFP's job when it comes to scaling loot. All we would need to deal with is how close does the loot of my POI match others that I've actually experienced in game?

Tadaaaaa... Loot values, with meaning, geared towards balance.

You can add to that whole calc list some really cool stuff too.

Food Loot Value: Do counts of just food available item drops from a container. Total them up. How food looty is the place?

Weapon Loot Value: Do counts of just weapon item drops from a container. Total them up. How weapon looty is the place?

Some loot tables have probability factors. Nerf or boost the value of an item by that probability factor.

The biggest challenge I have with the whole calculating of things is understanding exactly how 7 Days rolls loot.

* Does it go down the list, roll a % value, and if that item wins, it's made available to loot? If so, then one would have to assume it goes up to the max available loot for that container (i.e. if only 2 lootable items are allowed, then you actually have a higher chance in getting items at the top of the list). Is the list rolled as is, top down? Is the list sorted?

* is there a calc created based on total number of items available in a loot table, maybe taking those with probability specified out of the equation and the remaining items get split up into ranges of a single percentile roll? then the roll is done X number of times?

That stuff is the hard part to figure out. But just pulling out High/Low/Avg, you could get away without using a real probability and using a temp/fake probability or no probability.

To me, loot value, is really a value to use as a comparison against other POIs. Not as a monitoring/live tracking value that adjusts based on a players Perks or Game Stage.

Lol do you compare against a similar size prefab ie my hotel which according to pille is 1.9 million blocks. No other prefab in game is that big to compare. Fine if you make small or similar size pois to vanilla. Simple logic and science is bigger prefab bigger loot. Lots a zs you get rewarded for your effort.

One would not walk into a army base and find 1 gun safe lol. Well maybe they would but guarantee that base lost big time lol.

You can throw these equations and ratios and values etc around as much as you like but in the end you play 1 game it have 10 loot you play another exact copy of it you get 2 loot.

The village has weapon rooms since we can't have a actual weapon room we have to simulate. See some loot is actually simulating something bigger also. Not just oh let's given to much.

If you cut off the bottom and just leave the retirement village itself is a prefab in itself.

Maybe I didn't put enough gun cases in the bottom bit because then maybe the scientists could a protected themselves better. But i did sacrifice their lives to reduce a bit of loot lol.

But anyways I not real worried as I said the bigger the prefab the bigger the loot also the bigger the risk. If it were a house by itself I would not have the loot amount. Or there be no reason for it to look the way it is and require the loot. Short story some people don't like it others do. It's very simple to remove even a monkey can remove it. Might need a trained monkey tho to edit it how you guys like and remove and ruin the look and end result lol :-P

I build big prefabs and won't conform to specific "loot values" I go for looks and feels of how i am trying to make a prefab feel. And bigger prefab = ***** . If it were a mere house it just have like vanilla. And my prefabs i base on is untouched. Ie: the village people tried to get in but no one made it out are you different. Read the story. Realise my prefabs have not had any successful raids or visits so when you get In you are the first there If you survive. I jam pack my prefabs also with zs. My belief is also the z apocalypse just occurred not 10 years after or 150 yrs a half a day ago from when you spawned into the world. My prefabs haven't had a chance much to be looted. People were in disarray panicking not thinking. You were the only 1 prepared and knew what to do. Since we can't habe npcs 1 has to simply imagine the going one that occurred.

If no one uses them I not upset if someone edits them I disappointed they looked past the features but it's their game they do as they wish.

stallion what I take from your couple posts on this is that looking at a loot value alone is not a complete enough picture for someone to determine if a prefab is abundant in loot opportunities. You seem to be suggesting that in order to get a more complete picture we should also examine prefab size and number of sleepers. I think you make some good arguments to situations where it would be okay to have abundant loot. However, there seems to be some people that would prefer to have prefabs without abundant loot. There are plenty of modlets out there already as evidence that many people prefer a more complex or tough survival experience than is even provided in vanilla.

What convinced me to scale back the loot in my Underground Prepper's Cache prefab was playing it through on 100% loot and collecting all the items from all the loot containers in my prefab. The realization that it took me nearly two in-game days just to loot everything, and then realizing that with the loot I received I probably shaved off 14-21 in-game days off the early-game experience. Now.. in a normal game you'd have to get lucky in the prefab spawning and then also lucky in you finding it in-game randomly. But for me personally, this was just too much loot to give for a single structure. While in a real-world situation a rich prepper would likely have far more stocked-away food, guns, refrigerators, generator, solar bank, etc...just giving all of that away to a player at once completely sets them at a different point in the game. In an MMO it would be similar to having your character power leveled up to a high level with little to no work from you. Some people are okay with this approach and some people aren't. There needs to be some way for people to judge this..

Another question would be should a prefab that is highly lootable have the same probability to spawn in a game or should the probably be set lower to make it more of a rare spawn? And is that even a good approach as that may mean some of the best prefabs there are would be seen more infrequently.

stallion what I take from your couple posts on this is that looking at a loot value alone is not a complete enough picture for someone to determine if a prefab is abundant in loot opportunities. You seem to be suggesting that in order to get a more complete picture we should also examine prefab size and number of sleepers. I think you make some good arguments to situations where it would be okay to have abundant loot. However, there seems to be some people that would prefer to have prefabs without abundant loot. There are plenty of modlets out there already as evidence that many people prefer a more complex or tough survival experience than is even provided in vanilla.

What convinced me to scale back the loot in my Underground Prepper's Cache prefab was playing it through on 100% loot and collecting all the items from all the loot containers in my prefab. The realization that it took me nearly two in-game days just to loot everything, and then realizing that with the loot I received I probably shaved off 14-21 in-game days off the early-game experience. Now.. in a normal game you'd have to get lucky in the prefab spawning and then also lucky in you finding it in-game randomly. But for me personally, this was just too much loot to give for a single structure. While in a real-world situation a rich prepper would likely have far more stocked-away food, guns, refrigerators, generator, solar bank, etc...just giving all of that away to a player at once completely sets them at a different point in the game. In an MMO it would be similar to having your character power leveled up to a high level with little to no work from you. Some people are okay with this approach and some people aren't. There needs to be some way for people to judge this..

Another question would be should a prefab that is highly lootable have the same probability to spawn in a game or should the probably be set lower to make it more of a rare spawn? And is that even a good approach as that may mean some of the best prefabs there are would be seen more infrequently.

its always been that way. the bigger the prefab the more loot. its pretty obvious why. but you get different results from me i went thru on 100% loot i got very little loot. next game play i might get lots and you vice versus.

My prefabs should be on low spawn cause they are only meant to be one off prefabs not 2 or 3 or 4 but due to the mixer and its issues occassionaly could spawn more.

we all play differently not everyone hates lots a loot but I wont change lol i create simulated rooms. could i reduce loot yes. could i use other things in place of them no cause it ruins the feel. All the random block containers i have used rather then the nope this is def gonna be a loot container even tho you open it up and it has zilch in it nothing. so is another point one can not exact a true loot volume due to the to many equations and events and chances it would appear. Sorry not sorry but enjoy my prefabs dont enjoy em lol or edit them and remove the ones you dont like etc its your game I do understand you guys saying but til tfp set a true way of loot probs and being able to make it so the chances are rarer for said container to have loot or alot of loot then it is pointless because yes you can remove 99% of containers but the 1% you have left could spawn everything.

set your loot at 100% if 150 is giving you to big a loot I found 100% was good 150 i was walking out at times from vanilla prefabs with a bag full (375 slots 30k each item carry capacity).

play 5 or 6 games with my prefab and tell me you get the same results exactly. I doubt one would at times yes you walk out with everything other times you walk out with a bit and then other times those 8 gun safes have 1 item in it. def need random versions of every container tho. gun safes wall safes ovens beer fridges etc. make the randomness even more.

even if i put 1 container in every room per prefab you could still walk out with everything pending the luck of the chance roll for loot as well. so saying big prefabs need to match vanilla smaller prefabs is silly and not looking at the whole picture and case.

unless tfp solve the many issues with the probability and the min counts and max counts etc as i had shown in my mega city thread that the probs and all were not working and once they were removed you got full cities not half baked or half filled ones with lots of the same prefab. removing the probs and max counts on all rwgmixer solved empty towns cities etc. I am not 100% convinced tfp has solve this issue or whether they can at all cause a prob is a prob and one chance is as big as the others to occur.

The loot system needs a overhaul and a better calculation path i also believe and this would solve alot of issues such as a prefab you could set on the whole prefab to have 5% chance of loot or 50% chance of loot (I talking another menu option) not the loot one we have now a seperate on that says hey each prefab (can also pend it on size of the prefab) so you could say a house should only have 5% chance of loot (so you walk in and near every container is open or empty) a shopping centre should have 15 to 20% or even set it on whole towns chance of loot in town 45% or something.

but the loot system needs to be more clearer and the ability to hit the exact spot for loot imho can never occur due to the so many different random chances and events that get pulled into the dice roll.

Don't get me wrong loot amounts are important I understand. However at present til a exact spot on to the t can be done and set and perfected within the game so one can feel comfortable going into a poi and all. But one can not say how many loot containers can be in a prefab. You use the random ones you don't know how many of them will spawn loot or spawn already looted and open. Thus removing them from the equation you have so many loot containers that are def gonna spawn loot because unfort no random version is available but already you have at least halved the loot chances bu usong the random in one game. The next game you could have 90% lootable and only 10% looted already.

Best one can do is use common sense (unless a Pacific look is trying to be achieved.)

Also remembering the game in game prefab editor counts near everything as entities one can not pertain to the exact loot containers or chances.

Lol do you compare against a similar size prefab ie my hotel which according to pille is 1.9 million blocks. No other prefab in game is that big to compare. Fine if you make small or similar size pois to vanilla. Simple logic and science is bigger prefab bigger loot. Lots a zs you get rewarded for your effort.

One would not walk into a army base and find 1 gun safe lol. Well maybe they would but guarantee that base lost big time lol.

You can throw these equations and ratios and values etc around as much as you like but in the end you play 1 game it have 10 loot you play another exact copy of it you get 2 loot.

The village has weapon rooms since we can't have a actual weapon room we have to simulate. See some loot is actually simulating something bigger also. Not just oh let's given to much.

If you cut off the bottom and just leave the retirement village itself is a prefab in itself.

Maybe I didn't put enough gun cases in the bottom bit because then maybe the scientists could a protected themselves better. But i did sacrifice their lives to reduce a bit of loot lol.

But anyways I not real worried as I said the bigger the prefab the bigger the loot also the bigger the risk. If it were a house by itself I would not have the loot amount. Or there be no reason for it to look the way it is and require the loot. Short story some people don't like it others do. It's very simple to remove even a monkey can remove it. Might need a trained monkey tho to edit it how you guys like and remove and ruin the look and end result lol :-P

I build big prefabs and won't conform to specific "loot values" I go for looks and feels of how i am trying to make a prefab feel. And bigger prefab = ***** . If it were a mere house it just have like vanilla. And my prefabs i base on is untouched. Ie: the village people tried to get in but no one made it out are you different. Read the story. Realise my prefabs have not had any successful raids or visits so when you get In you are the first there If you survive. I jam pack my prefabs also with zs. My belief is also the z apocalypse just occurred not 10 years after or 150 yrs a half a day ago from when you spawned into the world. My prefabs haven't had a chance much to be looted. People were in disarray panicking not thinking. You were the only 1 prepared and knew what to do. Since we can't habe npcs 1 has to simply imagine the going one that occurred.

If no one uses them I not upset if someone edits them I disappointed they looked past the features but it's their game they do as they wish.

Yeah, I would compare against another prefab. Regardless the size. But with size as a consideration. And the intention of the prefab taken into account.

Put this way.

Raiding a house sized POI pet store should probably have e slightly different loot than a house POI, scaled by the difficulty I've built into the pet store POI. If I throw in 6 dogs into that pet store, probably be a box of loot above the house. If I throw in a zombie bear, throw in a few extra loot boxes above the house.

If I build a junk yard that I made more as a base build site as opposed to a loot site, and the site is 10 House POI's in size, I may actually have less loot than that comparable house POI.

If I'm building Disney Land, it's going to be huge. It's going to be tough. It's going to have all kinds of crazy stuff built in. And it's going to have a crap ton of loot. Where basically you can make a game of just that POI.

Those super large scale POIs are going to likely have a larger Loot Value score. Absolutely.

On the flip side. Try watching some video content of people going through some of these custom super loot heavy POIs. I watched a couple of ladies go through both of mine and felt that I almost ruined their game. They came out with so much loot that it almost seemed like they didn't need to go anywhere else for much other loot. To me, that felt game breaking. And these were POI's of roughly 2 house POI's in size. Some notably added difficulty. But still... The loot was much. So I scaled them back a little for A17.

I don't think the intention of the loot value would be to say "Every POI must have a score of 500!".

Rather, the scoring used to help a builder build in one of the hardest parts of a POI. Solid balance. Even if the balance you're looking for is super high. You may find you're coming in higher or lower than you anticipated overall.

To me, I'd probably drop any POI that seemed like it had a game breakingly high loot value. Unless, I could literally spend a game week working through it.

Loot Value is a balancing aide. Not a hard rule. And it helps not just prefabbers, but world builders too. I've talked to several people about using the CompoPack. And some won't use it because there's too much loot in the average POI.

I may go back through my POI's in the next refresh and break them out into High, Avg, and Low loot variants. Would be amazing if there was an XML setting on a prefab that could nerf loot chance. So in Prefab packs, loot heavy POIs, we could just include a few different XML files.

Ill just say this. Stallion has an immeasurable talent at prefab making. The amusement park is probably the best thing i have ever witnessed in terms of a prefab. Its a blast to explore and fight through.

That said, a lot of poi makers don't see the bigger picture. It's not about how big the poi is, but about balanced vs all the other pois. If one poi is enough to make you not have to go anywhere else to find things, especially rare things, its a bad balance for the overall gameplay.

I desperately would have loved to use the amusement park for Ravenhearst because of its connections to zombieland. We have twinkies! But i was asked to NOT put it in. We had the Hotel in at one point too and we actually had players saying it needed to go because it threw off the balance of the rest of the world.

Everyone has their preferences. Even in Magolis pack we see pois with 6 gun safes in a house with NO sleepers and things like that. I'm not one to tell anyone how to design anything. As a modder I wouldn't like it either. But i think its important to keep in mind the world around you, because its a shame that more people can't enjoy something as beautiful as the amusement park because even the min maxers thinks its OP.

But this issue is not Stallions alone. Like Jackelmeyer said I had to go in and edit dozens of POIs in the Pack just to make them balanced with the world around them. How a dungeon POI can have LESS loot than a bank with 4 sleepers is just...wrong.

Ill just say this. Stallion has an immeasurable talent at prefab making. The amusement park is probably the best thing i have ever witnessed in terms of a prefab. Its a blast to explore and fight through.

That said, a lot of poi makers don't see the bigger picture. It's not about how big the poi is, but about balanced vs all the other pois. If one poi is enough to make you not have to go anywhere else to find things, especially rare things, its a bad balance for the overall gameplay.

I desperately would have loved to use the amusement park for Ravenhearst because of its connections to zombieland. We have twinkies! But i was asked to NOT put it in. We had the Hotel in at one point too and we actually had players saying it needed to go because it threw off the balance of the rest of the world.

Everyone has their preferences. Even in Magolis pack we see pois with 6 gun safes in a house with NO sleepers and things like that. I'm not one to tell anyone how to design anything. As a modder I wouldn't like it either. But i think its important to keep in mind the world around you, because its a shame that more people can't enjoy something as beautiful as the amusement park because even the min maxers thinks its OP.

But this issue is not Stallions alone. Like Jackelmeyer said I had to go in and edit dozens of POIs in the Pack just to make them balanced with the world around them. How a dungeon POI can have LESS loot than a bank with 4 sleepers is just...wrong.

This is one of the reasons why I wish the XML of a prefab had a "Loot Chance" modifier. Where the odds of getting loot at all from a container either go up or go down based on the setting.

So for the park, you could have simply nerfed how likely the loot would pop in a container. And in the Dungeon POI maybe boost it.

Maybe two settings...

LootPercentChanceAdjustment

LootAbundanceMultiplier

And these are added/calced after applying the base game settings and player perks. So you get a real adjustment of the POI and can fine tune the POI specifically.

I would imagine Mag would probably then be able to just fix busted POI's and then have XML collections by loot quantity/quality. So you drop in the Prefab files minus the XML. Then drop in the XML files from a folder named after the type of settings you're looking for. I... wouldn't be even slightly surprised to see Pille's tool and Mag's Compo-Pack to enter a collaborated work effort. :p

And agreed. This isn't persay an issue with Stallion or his Prefabs. I think that lots of loot in POI's is something some people drool over. Where some people... Want a splash of loot. And others... Want something in the middle.

Archived