Junk shotgun - worst that blunderrbuss?

Matt115

I think junk shotgun is the worst junk gun- low accuracy and dmg , 1 bullet magasine and sloooooooooooooow reload. Junk pistol is fast and can "slow down" zombies, machine gune is very good against dogs and vulutures, rifle good for hunting. Blunderbuss was good because it allows safe ammo and it was easy to repair. Rest junks guns are good because are cheap to repair and doing good job but junk shotguns is just underpowered. I think reload speed should be faster or dmg much bigger

I kinda like it... but only because it is usually an instakill or at least knockdown if you aim it at the head.
Early stage only thing that does that is the sledge and not that reliably with a heavy stamina penalty.

But yeah I agree that it should use blunderbuss ammo again or get its damage increase so that it actually always is a 1 hit kill.

Also am I the only one sho really liked the blunderbuss for just storming in buildings like rambo? :D Block damage was (at least in certain alphas) REALLY a highlight :D

13 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

I think junk shotgun is the worst junk gun- low accuracy and dmg , 1 bullet magasine and sloooooooooooooow reload. Junk pistol is fast and can "slow down" zombies, machine gune is very good against dogs and vulutures, rifle good for hunting. Blunderbuss was good because it allows safe ammo and it was easy to repair. Rest junks guns are good because are cheap to repair and doing good job but junk shotguns is just underpowered. I think reload speed should be faster or dmg much bigger

Why do you need cheap ammo when the slow reload speed makes sure you never can use up all your ammo anyway?  😁

8 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

I kinda like it... but only because it is usually an instakill or at least knockdown if you aim it at the head.
Early stage only thing that does that is the sledge and not that reliably with a heavy stamina penalty.

But yeah I agree that it should use blunderbuss ammo again or get its damage increase so that it actually always is a 1 hit kill.

Says the one who posted elsewhere that stealth was useless because storming buildings like rambo was so easy in comparison ??? 😉

Seriously, isn't every STR player having at least two shotguns in the belt to make sure he always can finish the job?

8 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Also am I the only one sho really liked the blunderbuss for just storming in buildings like rambo? :D Block damage was (at least in certain alphas) REALLY a highlight :D

i mean the blunderbuss was better as it was able to do the same damage as all the other shotguns but at the cost of only having one shot but in return the new pipe shotgun doesn't have the same damage values and the ammo is harder to craft rather than it being relatively simple sure the range was worse on the blunderbuss but when using a shotgun you arent really going to be sniping zombies

Hey, don't judge it too harshly; you just haven't figured out its true purpose yet. It seems to be the .. sheesh.

It seems to be The Quietest weapon in game. Less noise than a pistol... both silenced, of course.

(Based on the testing by More2me4life / Liz Labs )

As with any weapon the more you use it and figure out  in's and out's of it the better you'll get.  I had major problems with the bow, especially early game because of it's drop. It wasn't until I started using the night spawns as target practice with it that I understood how great it is. Personally I'm not a fan of any gun with only one shot, especially in an oh @%$# moment, but this is because my aim sucks salty donkey ballz. I know its me and how I'm using it, not the weapon itself. I've been forcing myself to use it and to learn when Not to use it, ie Count on It to save me.  No one shot weapon is going to save you from a pack of dogs. Just as it won't save you from multiple zeds coming at you in confined spaces. Situational awareness and a bit of pre planning (knowing where a "safer" spot is) goes a long way. That pipe shotgun just saved my life about an hour ago when I was playing. It's still not my fav but  I also know that if I die, it's the actions or inactions I take that caused it.  

It's the same as Blunderbuss, just not the same ammo. The very slight and forgettable differences aren't having any considerable impact and I don't get why people are giving the Blunderbuss a godly status now... Wtf lol?

Iron pipes can be found everywhere, either from sinks or simply by searching trash or cars. And the fact that it's a bit more challenging to find the parts to craft one is better and if not, you'll find one while looting.

Don't like the long reload time? Do like we all did with the also slow-reloading Blunderbuss : carry more than one on you. Easy.

5 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Don't like the long reload time? Do like we all did with the also slow-reloading Blunderbuss : carry more than one on you. Easy.

<sarcasm>
What!  I totally will not adopt tactics and strategies to counter weaknesses in the game.  TFP must bring back the OP blunderbuss!
</sarcasm>

Can't believe I was able to type that up without cracking up before I finished.

The blunderbuss was actually a bit too powerful.  If they had kept it along with the new pipe weapons, I would expect it would have seen a nerf for balancing purposes.  If you chart the entity damage of each weapon and take into account the ammo and any offset that the weapon applies to the damage, you get the below chart (average values and Q1):

Weapon Class T0 Damage T1 Damage Delta
Shotguns (pipe) 7.86 10.1 2.24
Shotguns(blunderbuss) 9.6 10.1 0.5
Pistol 25.6 32 6.4
Rifle 44 53 9
Machine Guns 30.4 36 5.6

I have been fine with the blunderbuss being removed and replaced with the pipe shotgun.   Also means the ammo I find is always usable.  After awhile, the blunderbuss ammo I would find was virtually worthless.

Said it on the first day of the A20  

On 12/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, bachgaman said:

2. Poor balance of new pipe weapons. What is one reason to use a pipe shotgun or pipe rifle instead of a pipe machinegun? Why is a pipe baton worse than a wooden one in terms of characteristics?

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

The reload time is so huge, and crafting price is so free, that the game essentially forces you to have 5-6 of these shotguns on the panel if you decide to use it for any reason. Very good game design.

Basically what we were already doing with 5-6 Blunderbusses.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, BFT2020 said:
<sarcasm>
What!  I totally will not adopt tactics and strategies to counter weaknesses in the game.  TFP must bring back the OP blunderbuss!
</sarcasm>

Can't believe I was able to type that up without cracking up before I finished.

The blunderbuss was actually a bit too powerful.  If they had kept it along with the new pipe weapons, I would expect it would have seen a nerf for balancing purposes.  If you chart the entity damage of each weapon and take into account the ammo and any offset that the weapon applies to the damage, you get the below chart (average values and Q1):

Weapon Class T0 Damage T1 Damage Delta
Shotguns (pipe) 7.86 10.1 2.24
Shotguns(blunderbuss) 9.6 10.1 0.5
Pistol 25.6 32 6.4
Rifle 44 53 9
Machine Guns 30.4 36 5.6

I have been fine with the blunderbuss being removed and replaced with the pipe shotgun.   Also means the ammo I find is always usable.  After awhile, the blunderbuss ammo I would find was virtually worthless.

Well that's why i don't like pipe weapons. Well this idea is good but it would be better if this would be : black powder pistol, black powder rifle and maybe black powder  assult rifle ( this can be done even in real life).  all  of them with this same ammo type. Blunderbuss was like anti dog gun or shock gun and change into melee weapon

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

The reload time is so huge, and crafting price is so free, that the game essentially forces you to have 5-6 of these shotguns on the panel if you decide to use it for any reason. Very good game design.

4-6 shotguns = less space in eq

4 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Basically what we were already doing with 5-6 Blunderbusses.

Nope. i 3 blunderbuss were like 5 pipe shotguns + diffrent ammo

On 3/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, BFT2020 said:

The blunderbuss was actually a bit too powerful.  If they had kept it along with the new pipe weapons, I would expect it would have seen a nerf for balancing purposes.

But it also had a much longer load time, did it not?
Damage was great, but you had an animation that (at least in my memory) was twice as long as reload of the pipeshotgun.

11 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Nope. i 3 blunderbuss were like 5 pipe shotguns + diffrent ammo

3, 5-6, 12, 68, that's not the point. I mentioned the same numbers Bachgaman said to show that whatever you do with the Blunderbuss, you'll most probably repeat the same with the Pipe Shotty. People get concerned over this for nothing.

57 minutes ago, Kyonshi said:

3, 5-6, 12, 68, that's not the point. I mentioned the same numbers Bachgaman said to show that whatever you do with the Blunderbuss, you'll most probably repeat the same with the Pipe Shotty. People get concerned over this for nothing.

Well - do you played in cod or cs? people complaining there about how much it will change if gun dmg will change from 45 into 44. But about Blunderbuss- it allowed to do enough dmg to kiling dog after using blunderessbuss + strong attack with stone sledgehammer without getting dmg . it is much harder now and... well  1 attack can in some situations kills you

13 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

But it also had a much longer load time, did it not?
Damage was great, but you had an animation that (at least in my memory) was twice as long as reload of the pipeshotgun.

Blunder was 3.9 seconds, pipe shotgun is 2.6 seconds

So with the pipe shotgun you can reload it faster......but I feel that is a nonfactor as both are slow to reload and really just a last ditch effort to save oneself.