Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

55 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I'm honestly expecting an A23.

A21 to get new features in.
A22 to expand on them.
A23 for the last few bits of polish and optimization.

Schwanz told that "their finished " with zmbie so probably A21- armors, water , bandits part 1 , A22 bandits part 2 , New Pois props etc but nothing big

6 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

^ that's sort of what I was thinking. Maybe with an A23 for final progression/loot/recipe tweaks, maybe more block overhauls, etc.

So stuff that's "new" but new enough for it to NOT be beta, if that makes sense.

Well - changes like rarity of loot , changes in recipe is nothing big because this is just balancing . I don't except nothing big for A22 - just bandits part 2 and maybe something with armor

Back in A19, when the fat haiwaan zombie first got his HD model, there was talk of him being giving some sort of "gasser" special ability. Is this still planned? And if so will it be coming to A21? Or are bandits the hard focus for A21?

1 hour ago, Blackcort said:

Back in A19, when the fat haiwaan zombie first got his HD model, there was talk of him being giving some sort of "gasser" special ability. Is this still planned? And if so will it be coming to A21? 

Another question on your question the fun pimps talk too about the bubble zombie was not supposed to be in alpha 20 because he don't do all his things. I have understand by that the zombie bubble is supposed to do something else or be more powerful is it coming too ??

6 hours ago, Blackcort said:

Back in A19, when the fat haiwaan zombie first got his HD model, there was talk of him being giving some sort of "gasser" special ability. Is this still planned? And if so will it be coming to A21? Or are bandits the hard focus for A21?

There is a gasser zombie already in the game, in A20. And according to Schwanz9000 there will be no new zombies.

1 hour ago, Stubbze said:

please implement the Vulkan API mode, with it the performance will be several times better than direct x 11, on the Valkan API I now have pink textures

or directx 12 ?

They've already implemented that, as far as I know, but there are some bugs and limitations that need to be fixed by Unity.

They even opened a ticket with them and are waiting for the next patch, hopefully.

8 hours ago, Blackcort said:

Back in A19, when the fat Hawaiian zombie first got his HD model, there was talk of him being giving some sort of "gasser" special ability. Is this still planned? And if so will it be coming to A21? Or are bandits the hard focus for A21?

6 hours ago, maxousara said:

Another question on your question the fun pimps talk too about the bubble zombie was not supposed to be in alpha 20 because he don't do all his things. I have understand by that the zombie bubble is supposed to do something else or be more powerful is it coming too ??

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

There is a gasser zombie already in the game, in A20. And according to Schwanz9000 there will be no new zombies.

Correct! No new zombie models are planned right now that I know of, however, their special abilities will need another pass before Gold. No changes so far for A21.

Can someone tell me how many programming developers does the game currently have?? Because from what it seems to me, it looks like there are more graphic designers than GamePlay developers. Maybe i could volunteer :D I was really hoping the bandits would come to A21.... :(

1 hour ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

Can someone tell me how many programming developers does the game currently have?? Because from what it seems to me, it looks like there are more graphic designers than GamePlay developers. Maybe i could volunteer :D I was really hoping the bandits would come to A21.... :(

Oh! I see... you're one of those who think that more cooks will cook your meal faster, am I right? ;)

1 hour ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

It seems to me that this should be discussed not on the forum, but on the studio's mail. Send them a resume😉

https://thefunpimps.com/jobs/

2 hours ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

I don't have a clue how many they might have. You might be able to land a job with TFP though.

If you've been on any development team regardless of the product type, you'd probably be aware 'the new hire' will require extensive mentoring to get them 'up to speed', and in the interim contributions to the end goal would most likely be minimal. Not ideas (most everyone has at least a few), but being able to build what's been roadmapped.  If you think there's a significant enough of a gap to be filled by your exceptional talent, regardless of the number of current developers within TFP, then I say go for it. 

Isn't a 'crowstorm' referred to as a 'murder'? As in 'a murder of crows'? Might want to keep that off of your resume, imho. They might get the wrong idea.

😁

Edited by Melange
oops (see edit history)