Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

10 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Did you notice that at 480p? :heh:

It's ok to look at. I was so pleased with those smartphone's settings that I played a couple of game days for funsies.

7 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I bet once they add the window tint system stuff will be so much smother

And skeletons. We shall let them smother those too.

24 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

So... seriously, we gonna get A22 dev diary any time soon? Has there been any news somewhere I'm not aware of? It's been almost 6 months since the official release notes from A21 came out. It's aggravating how the development process seems to get slower and slower each update.

Plenty of news, you must indeed not be aware. Just not in an official thread, but social media. And that gets put in a fan diary. Yet another thing to get aggravated about, for sure. 

3 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

So... seriously, we gonna get A22 dev diary any time soon? Has there been any news somewhere I'm not aware of? It's been almost 6 months since the official release notes from A21 came out. It's aggravating how the development process seems to get slower and slower each update.

They did this, in Aug 2023,

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F7DaysToDie%2Fposts%2Fpfbid02rd3uzz1cM4UyRkfwYxyLiYarXf6qkb8Lgu1ZxYLCp5FtsGxPEcKCn3gv3p8hyJxGl&

after they did this: (see second last picture in the linked post), in July 2022

...sooo....what news exactly are you expecting? 

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

2 hours ago, BananaCustard said:

I just really want to loot some mannequins and freak out my husband by placing them in random places around home base.

You could try this for real...at home, to see if it's worth it!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.7aec35bea73001e53e19cd291f492d7e.jpg

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

I know Im a little late to finally be trying out the the new Alpha but just wanted to say the Learn By looting and magazine change is amazing.   Looting was many times pointless before, feels so much better.  Great Job.   Just need to add some adult nudie magazines to increase my glue production.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

On 11/16/2023 at 9:11 AM, Blake_ said:

There's another issue that needs to be tweaked: The thing about looting small objects and have them dissappearing is awesome, but why is it that I can still use my stone axe or wrench to take away some hitpoints from a bird's nest and get feathers or wrench a water collector with items inside before taking them so it doesn't dissappear? same with plastic from trash, paper, etc. I believe that is not intended since the change?

If I understand correctly, are you saying small loot containers are not disappearing as expected if the container itself is damaged before emptying out the container? They were disappearing for me on A21.2 b30

https://i.imgur.com/sNS7fLc.mp4

2 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

If I understand correctly, are you saying small loot containers are not disappearing as expected if the container itself is damaged before emptying out the container? They were disappearing for me on A21.2 b30

https://i.imgur.com/sNS7fLc.mp4

No. Not a bug. Balance. I'm saying that you can always hit a nest with an axe and get 1 or 2 feathers (like you are doing in that video) until your output damage for stone axes is too big. You can do the same for any of the containers that vanish that way. 

Let me be specific, the vanishing fact is awesome, but by doing that change you guys left the ability to get resources on hit, but that feature is now convoluted and niche, not only that, if a player has 25% loot and wants scarcity, that trick makes feathers a non issue, generating the balance issue. The problematic containers with that issue are ALL that vanish, so deleting the ability to get resources for them is a must. They give easy-to-obtain clutter anyway, except for the nests and water collector and the like.

12 hours ago, Morloc said:

You could try this for real...at home, to see if it's worth it!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.7aec35bea73001e53e19cd291f492d7e.jpg

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Already have moveable mannequins (kids) at home that like to appear in stupid places and scare the crap out of you. 

They are ones we made though, I can promise they weren't looted. Personally would have chosen quieter ones.

20 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Just need to add some adult nudie magazines to increase my glue production.

Oh my god.

What a great profile pic!

17 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

You know what's disappearing for me? Street decals. On the road that has Bob's Boars on Navezgane, there's that big dip. In that dip I noticed that the newspaper pages disappear when I get close to them. It could be happening elsewhere too; it just hasn't grabbed my attention.

BTW, I just gave birth to page 398!

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Arez said:

You know what's disappearing for me? Street decals. On the road that has Bob's Boars on Navezgane, there's that big dip. In that dip I noticed that the newspaper pages disappear when I get close to them. It could be happening elsewhere too; it just hasn't grabbed my attention.

Yup, that one's already on the known issue list "Road decals disappear as you walk towards them (garbage deco)", been around for a while it seems.