Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

11 hours ago, n2n1 said:

In this case, they can fix a lot of bugs in a month, and bring the polishing to a good level...

Yeah, they usually give it a bump with the .1 to .3 and then it's all hands on deck for a22, yet they still port back some hotfixes or tiny tweaks here and there along the next alpha's dev process. It's been like that for a few years now. 

These garden decors, on the second screenshot, the two around the red walking area in the center, that look like a farming plots, are we getting rounded ones or it is just a prefab ?

I am not gonna build The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis, from Babylon, of course, but it would be cool. 

Also, ..niiiiice POI, can`t wait to spread zombie blood all over it. 

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)

8 hours ago, beerfly said:

These garden decors, on the second screenshot, the two around the red walking area in the center, that look like a farming plots, are we getting rounded ones or it is just a prefab ?

You can already select a farming plot shape with a rounded corner.

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

It does give me some dead island 2 vibs 

Put some acid in the pool, a angry 6ft thicc bride , and some zombies with explosives and we are good 

Yup. Haven/Halperin Hotel, restricted access parking lot, covered/trellised area behind the pool, and there's the hazardous waste barrel by the pool...

It's obviously not the same building, but it's nodding repeatedly to Halperin.

7 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

But….but….

Reddit says A22 will arrive in December with the console update.

And reddit also told me that the moon is made of cheese and I'm a alt account of madmole but only 1 is a lie

AND WHERE IS DEV DIARY AND OVERLORD ARMOR 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

And reddit also told me that the moon is made of cheese and I'm a alt account of madmole but only 1 is a lie

AND WHERE IS DEV DIARY AND OVERLORD ARMOR 

The overlord armor is inside the zip-line crate. There usually is a skeleton inside the crate too.

8 hours ago, Jugginator said:

The overlord armor is inside the zip-line crate. There usually is a skeleton inside the crate too.

Don`t tell them about the random chance this crate is being hidden underground, somewhere in the world.

Or about the legendary stone shovel. 

I love how RandomGen is getting just better. 

On 10/13/2023 at 12:25 AM, Fanatical_Meat said:

But….but….

Reddit says A22 will arrive in December with the console update.

I am pretty sure it won't be coming this year.. they are good some new addition as of now.. which are great .. so it take time to cook.. 

Dear TFP
I like your system of reading and learning.
We have about 10 people running an active server, and there are some things we liked about it.
Collecting and learning books, this was a great system.
Also, players who are mainly active in looting and players who learn to make by reading books can get equipment of equal rarity at almost the same time.
This is a very nice balance.

One area I was concerned about is that players who had read the book would also have no advantage when they eventually get grade 6 equipment.
After talking to the server participants, I felt that for those players who worked hard to collect the books, their efforts should be rewarded.

In fact, once someone gets grade 6 equipment, there is basically very little lost.
Despite not having read the book, they have a knack for repairing it.

For example, what about players who can't make that grade of equipment because they haven't read the book, but need additional materials to repair it?

I have a somewhat old car in real life, but I have no knowledge of repairing it. If this car breaks down, can I fix it? Even if I could, I would need a lot of time, tools, and extra parts.

1 minute ago, Yukkie said:

TFP 様

Sorry about the not-so-great translation!