Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

47 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

Yeah, those bandit models were unreal, to think that they've come from this image.png.de5373f3e93a45530123aa4913cc685b.png

Every time TFP drop a new alpha I go on Youtube and watch this video. Just to see how far we have come. I'm not sure what alpha this is from. Alpha 4 oder 5? That brings back so many good memories. 👌

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

In other news, if you missed the announcement.  The level design dev stream is tomorrow.  Tune in for some POI reveals and other level design tidbits.  Maybe even some updates on what is going on with RWG and tiles....😎

I hope we see at least one POI with bookshelves. In A20 they are pretty empty. I'm curious to see what that looks like in A21.

10 minutes ago, LordMiG said:

Every time TFP drop a new alpha I go on Youtube and watch this video. Just to see how far we have come. I'm not sure what alpha this is from. Alpha 4 oder 5? That brings back so many good memories. 👌

Uhh that's a classic man, I do the same thing from time to time 😁

On 4/22/2023 at 6:00 AM, DuHast_Play said:

I wanted to clarify a long time ago. Are you planning to localize the voice acting for different regions? in Russia, for example, there is one video blogger (and he is present on the forum) who has a pleasant and rich voice apparatus. I think many players would be pleased to hear their native language in the game)

I would love to be able to easily mod the trader and drone dialog.  It would go great with my translation modlet.

22 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

@Jost Amman 

I like that episode most, where that one guy munches down the health potion including the glass flask 😆

But that one about "gender armor" is also great. These people really got that sense of humor I love!

I wish they did a new series titled "7D2D Logic"... imagine that! :lol:

4 hours ago, Trankitas said:

Aw man, new armor was the only thing that excited me of A21. I might just skip this one at this point and tune in on A22 again. Everything that I wanted got delayed :( Bandits, armor, new UI.

I think A21 is still getting the commando armor and the new iron armor, though I could be wrong on that.

I know that since this is a vowel game it is very cpu intensive. With all of the high res textures of a21 and memory requirements, that come with it, would the game benefit more from a processor with higher clock speeds or a greater amount of cache? 

2 hours ago, Old Crow said:

I think A21 is still getting the commando armor and the new iron armor, though I could be wrong on that.

Those were removed from the A21 list. They were put on the list early last year when the artists completed them and the plan was to have those things be ready for A21 but since all new outfits, armors, characters, and bandits have been put off until A22 they were removed. None of the new armor and outfit sets are going to be compatible with what we have now so adding in a few at a time won't work. They will be all added in with the overhaul of that system. That also means that in A21, clothing and armor still work exactly the same as you are used to them working. There has been no change whatsoever to that system for A21.

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

Those were removed from the A21 list. They were put on the list early last year when the artists completed them and the plan was to have those things be ready for A21 but since all new outfits, armors, characters, and bandits have been put off until A22 they were removed. None of the new armor and outfit sets are going to be compatible with what we have now so adding in a few at a time won't work. They will be all added in with the overhaul of that system. That also means that in A21, clothing and armor still work exactly the same as you are used to them working. There has been no change whatsoever to that system for A21.

Aww darn, I was looking forward to the commando armor as a replacement for the military armor. Does this mean those two will be new sets in the same vein as the wasteland assassin, hoarder, and TF2 Scout/Lara Croft desert survivor?

9 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, in that case, I suggest TFP remove vowels from every POI name in the map.

That should gain us 20 to 30 FPS off the bat! :caked:

I love looting the Shtgn Mssh Fctry.

14 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

Extra rotations on the No Parking signs and the like would be a nice addition. laying the signs down on the ground is a +

Speaking of rotations, you used to be able to use the powered garage door as an automatic open/close protection screen over solar panels at night.

Tried this recently, and you can't do that any more.  Sad.  Or it could be the War of Walkers mod.  Bring back the sliding armor (strangely rotated slide up garage), bulletproof glass don't work either.  

7 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Does this mean those two will be new sets in the same vein as the wasteland assassin, hoarder, and TF2 Scout/Lara Croft desert survivor?

I'm not sure. The exact mechanics and details of the new outfit/armor system are still a mystery to me. I'm sure we will learn more details in coming months. Once A21 is out the door and A22 development is back in full swing.

24 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, in that case, I suggest TFP remove vowels from every POI name in the map.

That should gain us 20 to 30 FPS off the bat! :caked:

Ha! Yea I meant voxels. But then again I'll take frame rates over pronunciation any day😂

8 hours ago, Trankitas said:

I see why you have an Owl as profile picture, you are wise my friend.

I mean, the job done is amazing don't get me wrong! But bandits is something I'm waiting since I started playing around A4 i think, I always wanted bandits even when they were not announced yet, so the wait since they announced they were coming at some point has been unbearable. Even in A15 we had some bandits on the entity spawn menu.

Even so, TFP and 7 days to die don't owe me ANYTHING, I've been playing for years, and I have thousand of hours in the game, I had a lot of fun, and surely if I decide not to skip A21 I will still have fun with friends and family.

Yeah, those bandit models were unreal, to think that they've come from this image.png.de5373f3e93a45530123aa4913cc685b.png

To this image.png.69f90448a32bdaad1b435de00df7fba7.png

is truly amazing, I can't wait!

what do you mean

this is bursed

3 hours ago, Roland said:

I'm not sure. The exact mechanics and details of the new outfit/armor system are still a mystery to me. I'm sure we will learn more details in coming months. Once A21 is out the door and A22 development is back in full swing.

It does bring up the interesting idea of having normal armor and actual sets together. I'd be down for that if it were to happen.

1 hour ago, Survager said:

My viewers ask me in the comments under my videos if you plan to make Steam cloud saves for the game?

I don't think that would work as they would have to have the generated world map on the cloud as well and that thing is sizeable.

14 hours ago, LordMiG said:

Thanks for posting that video!  That was actually pretty cool to see.  To be fair though... I 100% would love to go back to how the flashlight worked in the video - the helmet light mod and weapon light mods are too much and whitewash everything.

10 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

Has the drop chance for a pot increased, decreased or stayed the same?

It seems that once you find a water source and have a pot, that challenge is over.

Am I missing something?

You cannot carry water back to drink by using a pot.  Or use anything else to bring water back to drink or boil to drink.  If you find a jar of murky water, you can boil it.  But you can't fill anything with water from a water source in order to boil water or carry murky water around with you from the water source.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You cannot carry water back to drink by using a pot.  Or use anything else to bring water back to drink or boil to drink.  If you find a jar of murky water, you can boil it.  But you can't fill anything with water from a water source in order to boil water or carry murky water around with you from the water source.

It feels a bit too contrived.   Maybe this forwards my theory that the player is in a coma during 7D2D and will wake up for 7D2D part 2 where things are not so dream-like.