what's your pet peeve about the game?

ElCabong

On 6/8/2021 at 7:56 AM, Darklegend222 said:

That's actually not a bad idea if they have a limit on how much can be placed in the world. Griefers would abuse it to lag worlds, but it would be such a great implementation.

It would make up for about 200-500 blocks total depending on how much people build, so i don't think it would be too impactful if proper optimizations can get added

If you wouldn't mind linking that mod to me, I'd try the hell out of it. I feel like it would be a lot easier to do stuff provided you can loot enough stuff for the first 7 days.

Are levels still a thing? I assume you can still level but you get no skill points from it since everything is tied to gamestage.

Could it be done by some kind of paint brush type thing.

The hammer or hoe or whatever being the “brush” to texture it differently?

3 hours ago, Blasphemous said:

I know it's balance and all but my pet peeve is shambling, brainless zombies being able to burrow through reinforced concrete and steel plate with their bare @%$#ing hands in seconds or minutes. That thing should be almost indestructible. I'm all in for making it either super expensive or super time-consuming or both but when I finally get to the point when I can improve my base with that stuff, I expect it to easily last an entire horde night, even on the highest difficulty/highest block damage setting.

As it is right now, end-game base building materials are just so inadequate and flimsy.

So turn zombie block damage down. It's in the options for a reason. Use the tools given to you by the game.

My pet peeve is seeing the oceans and streams they created in "Valheim"  and not having them in 7 Days.

7 days is my fav , all time game but I think its the water blocks and the weirdness of them that gets me frowning. :(

7 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Could it be done by some kind of paint brush type thing.

The hammer or hoe or whatever being the “brush” to texture it differently?

It would have to be very specific and ignore the edges of the block.

There are different textures for grass, so you'd have to find the proper one

10 hours ago, Pendral said:

My pet peeve is seeing the oceans and streams they created in "Valheim"  and not having them in 7 Days.

7 days is my fav , all time game but I think its the water blocks and the weirdness of them that gets me frowning. :(

The devs played quite a bit of Valheim so they are aware of how the water works in that game. Whether they are able to replicate that tech for this game or not is another matter. I believe that Valheim water is probably beyond the scope of what they plan for water in this game and I think that the voxel worlds are handled differently in both games. Valheim's voxel terrain seems to a pretty thin layer before you hit the water level whereas in this game you can dig down much deeper and never hit a water table that prevents you from digging further. I think Valheim's trade off of not having so many voxel layers in their world helps them with the performance necessary to have the water physics they have. But that is appropriate for that game because you are building ships and sailing to new islands. That is a core bit of gameplay for that game that our game does not have.

20 hours ago, Blasphemous said:

I know it's balance and all but my pet peeve is shambling, brainless zombies being able to burrow through reinforced concrete and steel plate with their bare @%$#ing hands in seconds or minutes. That thing should be almost indestructible. I'm all in for making it either super expensive or super time-consuming or both but when I finally get to the point when I can improve my base with that stuff, I expect it to easily last an entire horde night, even on the highest difficulty/highest block damage setting.

As it is right now, end-game base building materials are just so inadequate and flimsy.

So steel almost indestructible in insane difficulty? How can that mode be called insane then? 😁

If you have problems designing a base that can hold up through a horde night I would suggest to copy designs from streamers, some of them have refined their bases to withstand anything. And as JCrook1028 said, use the option.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:08 AM, Roland said:

I think Valheim's trade off of not having so many voxel layers in their world helps them with the performance necessary to have the water physics they have. But that is appropriate for that game because you are building ships and sailing to new islands. That is a core bit of gameplay for that game that our game does not have.

That makes total sense.    It must be incredibly complex to have such a sophisticated voxel system and have to "layer" a different model for water physics/graphics etc.   

I'm over 5K in play hours ... so 7 Days "water" is a fine compensation for the years of enjoyment.  Cheers. 

7 hours ago, cronus19 said:

How about a record of how you died, or how many kills of what?

The more specific the better.  You died 87 times from a broken leg after falling off a building while trying to avoid a zombie vulture.

Edited by Maharin
Two froms don't make a to. (see edit history)

Its been a while since I played, but I have a few pet peeves:

1.  The clockwork timing of screamers shambling by and summoning more zombies, the screamers really need more randomization.

2.  Zombies spawning directly behind me.  Super annoying.

3.  No Elvis impersonator zombie

- P

Edited by pahbi (see edit history)

14 hours ago, pahbi said:

The clockwork timing of screamers shambling by and summoning more zombies, the screamers really need more randomization.

Screamers are not in any way timed. They are summoned forth by YOUR activity. Time of day or elapsed time have zero bearing.

5 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Screamers are not in any way timed. They are summoned forth by YOUR activity. Time of day or elapsed time have zero bearing.

Oh FFS thank you mr obvious.

Of course they aren't on a timer, but when I was playing, they showed up just about every 15 minutes, which is the whole point of the peeve.

- P

1 hour ago, pahbi said:

Oh FFS thank you mr obvious.

Of course they aren't on a timer, but when I was playing, they showed up just about every 15 minutes, which is the whole point of the peeve.

- P

You probably were running your forges consistently which was causing your heat to increase consistently. So what you want is for the heat map to randomly increase in response to consistent input. 

I just hope you won’t find this response too obvious…

6 hours ago, Roland said:

@Blake_ is my captain. "Oh Captain, my Captain!!" - Roland Keating

Probably my favorite movie of all time.  Well, starring Robin Williams, not Roland Keating.

But the poem is pretty much what would happen if ships were added to 7DTD:

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
                         But O heart! heart! heart!
                            O the bleeding drops of red,
                               Where on the deck my Captain lies,
                                  Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
                         Here Captain! dear father!
                            This arm beneath your head!
                               It is some dream that on the deck,
                                 You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
                         Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
                            But I with mournful tread,
                               Walk the deck my Captain lies,
                                  Fallen cold and dead.

I have the zombie block damage turned down, no so much because of what ONE zed will do, it's when a bunch of them all stack into the same

place ALL hitting 1 block. That's just wrong IMHO.

Also, when doing a POI we always get wandering zeds coming by, so it just slows down how long it takes before they bash their way in.

They can still DO it, but takes time. Enough that I can get there and dispose of them.

(ok, and I can chop the doors and get the doorknobs before they destroy it. usually)  :)

I agree, regular zeds should not be able to beat through steel block with their bare hands.

(the acid spitting cop, ok, acid on steel, then zeds bashing, that makes sense)

Not a whole bunch of them all in the same block. (which does happen if there isn't enough free vertical space for them to do the pyramid thing)

I do like that one.  Molotovs or PipeBombs for them.  hee-hee.

Hearing the new patch is NOT even close to content lock or being considered for a release yet. (means i may be right x mas launch for A20)

I am feeling salty BUT SO WHAT!!!  using this area as it was intended.

to me it means another $920 possible spent just waiting and being prepared for A20. (four more months is my guess)

a while back they were aiming for summer late summer.

seriously we are now treading to over 1 year per major patch, this is so insane the possible 18 month release from here on out is really possible. A16.4 all over again and continuously. and yeah i am doing this every single year don't give a dam and i am venting and will do so because i been supporting the game for ages now.

All the stuff i ever posted before.... yada yada yada bleh bleh bleh!!! @%$#!!!

There i feel better.

1 atozZkMRCkAzaJHtSrM6zw.png

On 6/10/2021 at 5:22 AM, meganoth said:

So steel almost indestructible in insane difficulty? How can that mode be called insane then? 😁

If you have problems designing a base that can hold up through a horde night I would suggest to copy designs from streamers, some of them have refined their bases to withstand anything. And as JCrook1028 said, use the option.

then i guess its time to revamp the zombies :D

4 hours ago, 7daystodierocks said:

then i guess its time to revamp the zombies :D

Don't think so. Any redesign would face the same problem, a section of players always wouldn't like it, for this or that reason. There is a group of people on the forum who complain the game is too hard and a group of people who complain the game is too easy. Seems that makes it a good balance.

Technical reason why basic zombies should be able to penetrate steel:

Because the game spawns them even in end game. That is good for variety (otherwise you would only see glowies making combat very uniform and repetitive).

But if those basic zombies then could not penetrate steel or even concrete then you would have the perfect easy mode strategy built into the horde night: Kill only glowies and ferals until only basic zombies are left. And then let them hit ineffectively on steel blocks and just wait. Even if you don't do this what would be the use of them even spawning if they don't represent any danger at all? This is not a pony farm simulator, this is supposed to be a horror game!

So this change would not be good from a game design perspective, even if a few players may actually want that. And reality is broken in so many ways in this game (for gameplay reasons) that one more or less will not make a dent.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Don't think so. Any redesign would face the same problem, a section of players always wouldn't like it, for this or that reason. There is a group of people on the forum who complain the game is too hard and a group of people who complain the game is too easy. Seems that makes it a good balance.

That's the most "generic" <insert argument here> comment I've ever read! Congrats! :lol:

I'll up. Why make any design choice about anything anyway... there'll always be people pro and people versus whatever you choose... :blah: :decision:

22 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

That's the most "generic" <insert argument here> comment I've ever read! Congrats! :lol:

I'll up. Why make any design choice about anything anyway... there'll always be people pro and people versus whatever you choose... :blah: :decision:

Yes, very generic. But I continue with more specific arguments. Which can't be said for the also very generic post I'm replying to