what's your pet peeve about the game?

ElCabong

22 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

As came up last night while playing with friends.

Mining helmet schematic makes no sense typical scenario is like this:

we need lights while exploring and mining, we have flashlights & duct tape. Nobody can figure out what to do....

Until one day someone finds a chart telling them to tape a flashlight to a helmet and he says “GENIUS!”, then destroys the schematic so nobody else can copy what he does.

Funny concept to explain, fun game mechanic.

While it is too late for this, I would prefer skills & progression based on how many days you survive.

Something like every day you survive you get 3 or whatever experience points. Every day you die you get 1 experience point, die more than one time in a day you get zero. 

Did you know that our super moderator Roland created a 0xp mod where you gain skill points based on days survived? 😎

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

But it doesn't work with A19. Not so super now.

Did you not know that once you make a mod for 7D2D, you are now legally required to update it for each and every update from that point on?  Every single update!!!!

It's in the EULA if you don't believe me....super fine print that you can't read at all, but trust me, it's there  😉

Just now, BFT2020 said:

Did you not know that once you make a mod for 7D2D, you are now legally required to update it for each and every update from that point on?  Every single update!!!!

It's in the EULA if you don't believe me....super fine print that you can't read at all, but trust me, it's there  😉

yeah, I'm scum. I know.

4 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Wow very nice idea! 1 day = 1 point?

It builds up. If you survive 1 day you get 1 point after 2 days you get 2 points and after 3 days you get 3 points per day. If you die you have to wait a full 24 hr cycle to earn 1 point and it will slowly build up again. The costs of perks and attributes are increased quite a bit as well.

13 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Just haven't had the time to update or did something change where it cannot work anymore?

Something changed that broke it. The skillpoint timer worked fine but the daily level up stopped working and without that the gamestage didn't progress fast enough. The daily level up code was something I was helped with so I couldn't fix it on my own.

Pet Peeve: Nature blocks (sand/dirt/asphalt) don't connect to building blocks. There's that terrible looking slope between the two that is impossible to hide sometimes, or possible to hide but only if you weaken your walls by keeping dirt undeath.

41 minutes ago, Lemmers said:

Pet Peeve: Nature blocks (sand/dirt/asphalt) don't connect to building blocks. There's that terrible looking slope between the two that is impossible to hide sometimes, or possible to hide but only if you weaken your walls by keeping dirt undeath.

Yeah, that's a "side effect" of the diamond voxel terrain I suppose.

On 5/26/2021 at 3:59 AM, Jost Amman said:

Yeah, that's a "side effect" of the diamond voxel terrain I suppose.

I've been playing Terraria lately, and it made we wish that 7DTD had a "hammer" mechanic that could shape dirt to fix this kind of stuff.

But I'm guessing all these natural blocks have very small block IDs to keep performance reasonable in a world made out of 99.9% of them, so maybe it's not that simple of a feature to add.

3 hours ago, Lemmers said:

I've been playing Terraria lately, and it made we wish that 7DTD had a "hammer" mechanic that could shape dirt to fix this kind of stuff.

But I'm guessing all these natural blocks have very small block IDs to keep performance reasonable in a world made out of 99.9% of them, so maybe it's not that simple of a feature to add.

Since A20 is introducing "landscaping" as a way to improve maps, it might be possible to make a hammer that just converts an AOE of the top layer to match some template.  Just a thought.

I originally thought I didn't have one, but realized in my latest playthrough I do.  When using a knife and attacking / backing up  against zombies, I hate it when they do the stumble forward into an attack after I do my attack.  No matter how much I try, I always get caught into one of those situations at least every playthrough, no matter how smart i am playing. Sometimes I see it and able to react, but there is always at least once I get tagged because I didn't react fast enough or thought I could take them down before they can hit me.

The "Alpha" label.

DISCLAIMER - I realize it's just a title, and that we have been graced with updated content for nearly 8 years for a relatively small initial purchase price, and I fully appreciate that.  Love me some 7d2d... But for some reason, even with all that said, it still bugs me to no end to hear the word alpha associated with a project that's been in development for so long :) 

Keep 'em coming though, it's been a fun ride.  I've never had any other game give me this much entertainment for this small of an investment.  I'll buy the next game(s) the day they drop just because I want to support this dev team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 3:37 PM, Roland said:

Something changed that broke it. The skillpoint timer worked fine but the daily level up stopped working and without that the gamestage didn't progress fast enough. The daily level up code was something I was helped with so I couldn't fix it on my own.

my biggest pet peeve in game ATM roland is the broken ass random world generator it looks like someone shook up a scrabble game and then left it

My biggest peeve is that sleepers don't have any foot step noise until they've either taken damage, or they've attacked you. Even with the addition of the sleepers making occasional snarls when awake, it's not enough and I've had way too many close calls to unfair deaths because you can't hear a feral/radiated behind you

On 5/27/2021 at 6:18 AM, Lemmers said:

That's actually not a bad idea if they have a limit on how much can be placed in the world. Griefers would abuse it to lag worlds, but it would be such a great implementation.

It would make up for about 200-500 blocks total depending on how much people build, so i don't think it would be too impactful if proper optimizations can get added

On 5/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, Roland said:

It builds up. If you survive 1 day you get 1 point after 2 days you get 2 points and after 3 days you get 3 points per day. If you die you have to wait a full 24 hr cycle to earn 1 point and it will slowly build up again. The costs of perks and attributes are increased quite a bit as well.

If you wouldn't mind linking that mod to me, I'd try the hell out of it. I feel like it would be a lot easier to do stuff provided you can loot enough stuff for the first 7 days.

Are levels still a thing? I assume you can still level but you get no skill points from it since everything is tied to gamestage.

4 hours ago, FranticDan said:

My biggest peeve is that sleepers don't have any foot step noise until they've either taken damage, or they've attacked you. Even with the addition of the sleepers making occasional snarls when awake, it's not enough and I've had way too many close calls to unfair deaths because you can't hear a feral/radiated behind you

Says the guy who makes a mod where you can run into a feral on Day 1 before noon  😉

Loving your mod if you can't tell

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Says the guy who makes a mod where you can run into a feral on Day 1 before noon  😉

Loving your mod if you can't tell

What can I say, I love a challenge, when it's a FAIR challenge :D

Makes me happy knowing people are enjoying themselves!

9 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

It would make up for about 200-500 blocks total depending on how much people build, so i don't think it would be too impactful if proper optimizations can get added

If you wouldn't mind linking that mod to me, I'd try the hell out of it. I feel like it would be a lot easier to do stuff provided you can loot enough stuff for the first 7 days.

Are levels still a thing? I assume you can still level but you get no skill points from it since everything is tied to gamestage.

It doesn't work in A19. I might try and update it for A20...

On 5/25/2021 at 7:15 PM, Roland said:

OMG!  How did I miss this!  So simple yet EXACTLY what is needed!

Now just some reorganizing of the skill trees and Boom! Perfect Game!

Not "Dead is Dead", but you will try VERY hard not to die!

Roland, you got something S.P.E.C.I.A.L. going on there!  :)

**Edit: Wait, I would change the point progression, incrementing it up 1 point all the way up to 10 points a day.   Now, how badly do you want to live?  :D

**Edit-2:  Maybe up to 7 points a day to align with the games' title.  Cost of perks should all be based on 7 points a day game play.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

On 5/25/2021 at 10:15 AM, Roland said:

I always knew you were the true evil one roland 😛

I know it's balance and all but my pet peeve is shambling, brainless zombies being able to burrow through reinforced concrete and steel plate with their bare @%$#ing hands in seconds or minutes. That thing should be almost indestructible. I'm all in for making it either super expensive or super time-consuming or both but when I finally get to the point when I can improve my base with that stuff, I expect it to easily last an entire horde night, even on the highest difficulty/highest block damage setting.

As it is right now, end-game base building materials are just so inadequate and flimsy.

Edited by Blasphemous (see edit history)