A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

I'm getting errors with maps I generate with this tool. They do not happen on the pre-generated maps.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Happens as soon as I put the firepit down in the starting tutorial and just repeats forever. Exiting and starting up again does not help. Deleted the save and started over, it happened again. Play on the pre-generated maps and I get no errors.

I am playing on stable version. Is this generator just for experimental and that is why? Or is there another reason for the generated maps bugging out for me?

*Edit* Tried starting a new game on experimental version and still getting the error when I place the fireplace.

Edited by Izuela
new info (see edit history)

I'm getting errors with maps I generate with this tool. They do not happen on the pre-generated maps.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Happens as soon as I put the firepit down in the starting tutorial and just repeats forever. Exiting and starting up again does not help. Deleted the save and started over, it happened again. Play on the pre-generated maps and I get no errors.

I am playing on stable version. Is this generator just for experimental and that is why? Or is there another reason for the generated maps bugging out for me?

*Edit* Tried starting a new game on experimental version and still getting the error when I place the fireplace.

By some chance are you running "Ravenhearst or Darkness Falls" or is this a Vanilla A 18.2b5 game .. If Vanilla .. check your file on Steam.

Just a couple of thoughts

- - - Updated - - -

No, I have those set to off. This is a fresh 1 day old game installation. I downloaded nitrogen (and java) today. Checking file integrity found nothing to fix. Ihave not crashed, yet. I can still exit the game normally, even when the errors happen. Screenshot of the nitrogen settings I am using:

Nitrogen1.thumb.jpg.28f5316e1a3b7efb44ed257570a076dc.jpg

EDIT! I tried generating an entirely new map, same settings, using nitrogen. Same errors. I placed the firepit before the tutorial asked me to, no errors. Place a second one when the tutorial asks, errors all day. So it seems finishing the second to last part of the tutorial triggers it. So might be trader related? Since that comes next.

EDITx2! Looking at the screenshot of the error I can confirm it seems to be trader related. "Locate trader 0.0 m". Don't need to understand metric to know that's wrong.

210032710_tradercrepe.jpg.753c95be779d2bab13d0ea48d607af88.jpg

EDITx3! After clicking "reset selections to default" under Advanced in Nitrogen I do NOT get this error on the last step of the tutorial. So it seems to be some non default settings in the top screenshot that might be the culprit. Or some other hidden settings problem that the reset fixed. I'll see if I can narrow it down.

EDITx4! It seems to be caused by City Size: Mega. Possibly in combination with Traders: Many and/or Prefab List: Compo Pack 42. I have not tried Mega Cities by itself as the only default alteration. But using just Compo Pack 42 and Many Traders together did not cause problems.

I'm assuming this is not something that happens to everyone so this is My Computer:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: X570 AORUS ELITE

BIOS: F11 (type: UEFI)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16336MB RAM

Page File: 8877MB used, 10401MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DirectX Database Version: Unknown

DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 960

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_36AC1458&REV_A1

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 12220 MB

Dedicated Memory: 4053 MB

Shared Memory: 8167 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Topology: Internal

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Color Primaries: Red(0.638672,0.338867), Green(0.308594,0.619141), Blue(0.156250,0.058594), White Point(0.313477,0.329102)

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: 2752H

Monitor Id: AOC2752

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP

Advanced Color: Not Supported

Driver Name: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\nvldumdx.dll

Driver File Version: 26.21.0014.4187 (English)

Driver Version: 26.21.14.4187

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1

Driver Model: WDDM 2.6

Graphics Preemption: DMA

Compute Preemption: DMA

Miracast: Not Supported

Detachable GPU: No

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported

Power P-states: Not Supported

Virtualization: Paravirtualization

Block List: No Blocks

Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:True

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 12/23/2019 7:00:00 PM, 961952 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5741-11CF-B367-A2161BC2D735}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x1401

SubSys ID: 0x36AC1458

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Driver Strong Name: oem13.inf:0f066de3d2368449:Section032:26.21.14.4187:pci\ven_10de&dev_1401

Rank Of Driver: 00CF2001

I will be getting a new graphics card in a week or so. Will report back on any changes, if I remember

EDITx5! Error seems be caused by Prefab List: Compo Pack 42. With just that selected and everything else default, I still got the error.

Edited by Izuela
NEW new info (see edit history)

I'm not sure if this is a Nitrogen-specific problem, but I'm encountering it on the first Nitrogen-created map we've played, so...

We're finding that occasionally POIs will have like...two POIs somehow clipping on top of one another. So we'll see a blue metal door, but when we hit it, the sound and effect is breaking a glass window, let's say. And once we break the window, we receive the broken glass and can move through the space, but visually we're still seeing the POI with the blue metal door. It makes it impossible to loot or even enter certain buildings, since we don't see what is actually there. Has anyone encountered this and know how to fix it? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

No, I have those set to off. This is a fresh 1 day old game installation. I downloaded nitrogen (and java) today. Checking file integrity found nothing to fix. Ihave not crashed, yet. I can still exit the game normally, even when the errors happen. Screenshot of the nitrogen settings I am using:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31212[/ATTACH]

EDIT! I tried generating an entirely new map, same settings, using nitrogen. Same errors. I placed the firepit before the tutorial asked me to, no errors. Place a second one when the tutorial asks, errors all day. So it seems finishing the second to last part of the tutorial triggers it. So might be trader related? Since that comes next.

EDITx2! Looking at the screenshot of the error I can confirm it seems to be trader related. "Locate trader 0.0 m". Don't need to understand metric to know that's wrong.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31213[/ATTACH]

EDITx3! After clicking "reset selections to default" under Advanced in Nitrogen I do NOT get this error on the last step of the tutorial. So it seems to be some non default settings in the top screenshot that might be the culprit. Or some other hidden settings problem that the reset fixed. I'll see if I can narrow it down.

EDITx4! It seems to be caused by City Size: Mega. Possibly in combination with Traders: Many and/or Prefab List: Compo Pack 42. I have not tried Mega Cities by itself as the only default alteration. But using just Compo Pack 42 and Many Traders together did not cause problems.

I'm assuming this is not something that happens to everyone so this is My Computer:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: X570 AORUS ELITE

BIOS: F11 (type: UEFI)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16336MB RAM

Page File: 8877MB used, 10401MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DirectX Database Version: Unknown

DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 960

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_36AC1458&REV_A1

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 12220 MB

Dedicated Memory: 4053 MB

Shared Memory: 8167 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Topology: Internal

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Color Primaries: Red(0.638672,0.338867), Green(0.308594,0.619141), Blue(0.156250,0.058594), White Point(0.313477,0.329102)

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: 2752H

Monitor Id: AOC2752

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP

Advanced Color: Not Supported

Driver Name: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\nvldumdx.dll

Driver File Version: 26.21.0014.4187 (English)

Driver Version: 26.21.14.4187

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1

Driver Model: WDDM 2.6

Graphics Preemption: DMA

Compute Preemption: DMA

Miracast: Not Supported

Detachable GPU: No

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported

Power P-states: Not Supported

Virtualization: Paravirtualization

Block List: No Blocks

Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:True

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 12/23/2019 7:00:00 PM, 961952 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5741-11CF-B367-A2161BC2D735}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x1401

SubSys ID: 0x36AC1458

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Driver Strong Name: oem13.inf:0f066de3d2368449:Section032:26.21.14.4187:pci\ven_10de&dev_1401

Rank Of Driver: 00CF2001

I will be getting a new graphics card in a week or so. Will report back on any changes, if I remember

Таже самая проблема!

Делал различные варианты, настроек!

Так же как автор топика.

Тогрговцев нет- 0.0 И теже самые красные ошибки!

Что делать?

Делал карту для Darkness Falls- Тоже самое!

Что посоветуете??

The same problem!

Made various options, settings!

As well as the author of the topic.

Togrgovtsev no- 0.0 And the same red mistakes!

What to do?

Made a card for Darkness Falls- Same thing!

What do you advise??

Edited by user2010 (see edit history)

The same problem!

Made various options, settings!

As well as the author of the topic.

Togrgovtsev no- 0.0 And the same red mistakes!

What to do?

Made a card for Darkness Falls- Same thing!

What do you advise??

I seem get the error on the last "Locate trader" part of tutorial if I selected Prefab: Compo Pack 42.

I don't think my husbands computer have a problem generating maps with that selected. But not 100% sure. But it may just be an issue on some computers.

Edited by Izuela (see edit history)

@ Izuela

Mega city on a 8k map with Combo 42 will cause issues .. just a heads up on that .. suggestion never go over large on 8k, something to do with not enough room overall for map to place correctly.

If using Balance .. you do not need to add .. burnt and wasteland, I don't think .. that is auto on balance.

Why you are getting errors .. I'm not able to figure out ..

there are so many thing in game that can cause an error .. bad downloads .. corrupt files .. mods not working in A18.2 …. TFP changed a lot of coding in A18 ..

I personally have made many 10K and 12K maps with no issues with Combo42 .. hopefully Damocles will see it and be able to help.

PS: Try using .. Import from .. Resource folder and not existing output folder .. Just a thought

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

@ Izuela

Mega city on a 8k map with Combo 42 will cause issues .. just a heads up on that .. suggestion never go over large on 8k, something to do with not enough room overall for map to place correctly.

If using Balance .. you do not need to add .. burnt and wasteland, I don't think .. that is auto on balance.

Why you are getting errors .. I'm not able to figure out ..

there are so many thing in game that can cause an error .. bad downloads .. corrupt files .. mods not working in A18.2 …. TFP changed a lot of coding in A18 ..

I personally have made many 10K and 12K maps with no issues with Combo42 .. hopefully Damocles will see it and be able to help.

PS: Try using .. Import from .. Resource folder and not existing output folder .. Just a thought

Sure, I'll add that to my list of things to try. I've become an expert on the tutorial by now so it goes very fast provided I can find a birds nest.

Next thing I am going to try is running experimental patch, THEN run nitrogen with Compo pack 42 and generate a new map. Don't think I did that, yesterday. While I played around in experimental patch, I think I may have generated all the maps in Nitrogen before I patched. So want to check if it just something outdated that's pulled from the game installation files when it created the map.

EDIT! Nope, generating the map after updating to experimental still produces errors with Compo Pack 42 selected. Import from resource folder made no difference. Still got errors. Compo Pack 42 just doesn't seem to want to work on my computer, for whatever reason. For map generation, anyway. I can still play multiplayer with hubby when he generates the map.

Edited by Izuela
new info (see edit history)

@ Izuela

Silly question, but I have ask .. You did put the CompoPack 42 in the Vanilla _ Data _ Prefab folder .. also. I know a couple of people that didn't and without it being in the vanilla folder .. the game doesn't see it and that can cause an error.

Just a thought and I have run out of thought at the moment. Hopefully you get it straightened out soon

As I always say .. even if you are down .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity: … But cursing is alright

Confused.

I'd like to experience the new "CompoPack 43" on a new Nitrogen map.

- Copied the new prefabs to my 7DaysToDie folder

- Replaced the "rwgmixer" file … per "Farket" YouTube tutorial

- Found and Replaced the "configUI" and "prefablist" in the Nitrogen "resources" folder

Run Nitrogen:

… but in the Advanced section in the top right-hand corner … the "Prefab list" still only offers "Vanilla" / "CompoPack 42" / "Custom"

If I click on "CompoPack 42" … will I actually get "CompoPack 43" content?

Thanks.

Confused.

I'd like to experience the new "CompoPack 43" on a new Nitrogen map.

- Copied the new prefabs to my 7DaysToDie folder

- Replaced the "rwgmixer" file … per "Farket" YouTube tutorial

- Found and Replaced the "configUI" and "prefablist" in the Nitrogen "resources" folder

Run Nitrogen:

… but in the Advanced section in the top right-hand corner … the "Prefab list" still only offers "Vanilla" / "CompoPack 42" / "Custom"

If I click on "CompoPack 42" … will I actually get "CompoPack 43" content?

Thanks.

open your configPrefablist.txt in the resources folder and add a line with your compopack 43 prefablist for it to show up as an option in Nitrogen

I don't know how your map looks like, but i could imagine that "mega cities" and "traders near cities" may cause that there is no space left between cities where the traders could be placed.

Look at the generated preview image (or even post a size reduzed version of it. I would be interested in it)... my guess is, there are NO traders on the map.

Is Damacoles ok? I don't see any posts from him since around Dec 10th.

He works on other (none-7d) projects atm - thats what he told me a while ago

I think he is fine, because I see him often online on steam

I dont know what he is working on, but Iam sure it will be great !!! ;)

I have a suggestion that may help. I just uploaded my

Nitrogen builder folder. Named 4sheetz_resources.

Rename the nitrogen Resources folder

extract my resources folder to NitroGen_WorldGenerator.

In settings use import from resources

heightmap use import_HM.png do not use the mask

The rest of the settings you can use personal choice.

Once its completed copy my Biomes 3.0 to the world folder you

just built. I edited with PS and tested with Indexed color then

fixed the discrepencies using Nitrogen tool.

Has the five color biome layout.

Create some mountain huts. The general height of my pois range

from 50 to 135. With peaks that are higher.

I included my gen 2 config. Forgot to do it with gen 3.

If you want streets to be there but look like terrain

after you make your world, just open the 2 processed splat

files and paint them black.

Biomes 3.0 5 color verified

https://mega.nz/#!1CQVkAgL!2RayGBePYjBvzNiAQwSfsnDVEmUnJOGW7UtVLCzFP9g

4Sheetz_resources My nitrogen resources folder with edited heightmap

https://mega.nz/#!ATwhlYqR!wvh-JTuefoOc0AfBaePJdP2hKEtwLprBXJo3zuShwpY

Hello and just to say I really LOVE your program for generating great maps....

I started making maps for 18.3 stable today and I believe your small lake option is broken. I have tried few and now i had it on many and still there are zero lakes. I am going to try a large lake now just too see if any lakes are made at all. The rivers do show up ok just no lakes are on the map sadly.

Thank You though I still love it. :)

READ My Lips ALL : …….NitroGen for Alpha 18 v0.474 ……… IF YOU Read the " Read ME's " At this time .. it is only for up to A 18.2 b5

He will have to Update it for A18.3 .. because the Fun Pimps did some more code changing in game .. and some of v.0.474 will not work correctly until it is updated.

A 18.3 stable … Broke a lot of Games that were running fine in A 18.2 b5

Thank You.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

What happens, I mean how do you know that it's broken for A18.3? I have been playing on A18.2 for a while using a map I generated with 0.474 NitroGen, so if I update my game/server will the map have issues? Or is it just the map generator itself and the generation process that doesn't work?

Edit: I did load into my MP server and I only saw a message that the map was not generated with the latest version of the game but I was able to load into the world at my base. Didn't do anything really and I downgraded back to A18.2 just in case there are problems.