A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

“Modders shouldn’t be relied upon to....” simply means that you think your idea is so critical and fundamental to the success of the vanilla version of the game that the developers should do it themselves, and to just leave it for the modders to do is a huge dereliction of their duty. 

To that I’d say that if it really is hot stuff the devs already thought of it, discussed it, and rejected it. Most likely, it isn’t very hot at all...

I haven’t read anything new or groundbreaking as far as ideas that weren’t already suggested by someone six years ago. Everything cycles in these forums...

2 hours ago, bachgaman said:

And a similar question regarding Treasure Maps. Maybe Treasure Hunter should be given a chance to find a treasure map in the loot. Maybe add tiers for treasure, etc...

Or maybe just make the perk work with Buried Supplies quests.

Honestly imo separating this tree from Lucky Looter was somewhat of a mistake. Perhaps if TFP just removed the loot bonus from Lucky Looter and then merged these two perks again it would create the best of both worlds raveled into one. Increased items found in treasures, reduced treasure radius, and a gradual decrease of the loot timer.

34 minutes ago, Roland said:

“Modders shouldn’t be relied upon to....” simply means that you think your idea is so critical and fundamental to the success of the vanilla version of the game that the developers should do it themselves, and to just leave it for the modders to do is a huge dereliction of their duty. 

To that I’d say that if it really is hot stuff the devs already thought of it, discussed it, and rejected it. Most likely, it isn’t very hot at all...

I haven’t read anything new or groundbreaking as far as ideas that weren’t already suggested by someone six years ago. Everything cycles in these forums...

Don’t get me wrong, this is absolutely not criticism of TFP i think they’ve been doing an amazing job.

i was speaking in broad terms about developing with modding in mind and the potential dangers of such, i do not believe that TFP has fallen into any of those pitfalls and have been in fact handling it admirably.

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

WHO CARES ABOUT THAT!... Ok i do ill make a base their. BUT!

SEWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GOING TO LIVE IN THEIR AND BECOME THE SEWER MAN!

WHO CARES ABOUT SERWERS  I LOVES BUS STOPES AND NEWSSTANDS. YEEZ  IF THEY PUTTED NEWSSTANDS I WOULD MAKE A POEM FOR THEM!

22 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Faatal: Yo lads, imma show you bag physics. Cool stuff !

Everyone: SEWEERS! GATORS!! SPOONGUNS!! YAY.

yeah thats cool but....

COME ON! SEWERS!!!!!!!!!

idk about gators though

22 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Zombie Shark dammit. Zombie. Shark.

gators would fit in a bit better but sharks would be cool too....

37 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Nope sorry think its faatal. not expiations 

39 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, not exactly him... one of his many clones, ya know (Madmole's faatal cloning project).

Jost , Okay now me must make clones of  adam and snowdog for.... memes ofc

25 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

3. A while ago you totally promised to look at the new game settings and improve things like days with 240,480 etc mins, more finer/varied range for things like horde settings, loot and xp amount (1000% YAY), airdrop frequency or even newer stuff regarding Zd hp and mystical things like that (extremely made-up feature, lol) BUT you also said that it needs UI changes. So.... the question is: are some of those "more option" tweaks going to make it into a20 or is it just the one and only "feral sense option" for now ?

I recall (but I can be wrong) that Faatal talked about looking into those settings, but never promised that they were going to change.  They would have to look at changing the UI in order to add / change more settings, but that was never promised; just something he was hoping they could do prior to Gold.

31 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

@faatal I've got a couple of sexy questions about mods and settings:

1. Is there a storage mod for vehicles planned for a20 (or later)?

2. Are there any other mods planned (or designed) specifically for tools ? Like improved tool speed or more "wrenching" damage (scavenging).

3. A while ago you totally promised to look at the new game settings and improve things like days with 240,480 etc mins, more finer/varied range for things like horde settings, loot and xp amount (1000% YAY), airdrop frequency or even newer stuff regarding Zd hp and mystical things like that (extremely made-up feature, lol) BUT you also said that it needs UI changes. So.... the question is: are some of those "more option" tweaks going to make it into a20 or is it just the one and only "feral sense option" for now ?

Well this sound like small change but  horde settting to set options can be a mess

Dear devs.

Just a minor issue...I don't even know if this belongs here, but I notice that the Quick marker (red flag) that we place on the map hides behind all the other icons on the compass. Surely this should be in front?  Should I submit a bug report or is this working as intended? 

Also what are the chances of getting some different map icons more appropriate for the different shops? Like a book icon we can use to mark off crackabook, pistol icon for shotgun messiah, hammer icon for working stiff tools. We already have the tower icon to mark off the skyscrapers, so would be nice to have the others.

17 minutes ago, hotpoon said:

Dear devs.

Just a minor issue...I don't even know if this belongs here, but I notice that the Quick marker (red flag) that we place on the map hides behind all the other icons on the compass. Surely this should be in front?  Should I submit a bug report or is this working as intended? 

Also what are the chances of getting some different map icons more appropriate for the different shops? Like a book icon we can use to mark off crackabook, pistol icon for shotgun messiah, hammer icon for working stiff tools. We already have the tower icon to mark off the skyscrapers, so would be nice to have the others.

Your first issue should just be submitted as a bug report. The QA guys will vet it as either an actual bug or an intended feature.

Your last question to the devs should be asked in the A20 dev diary in the Announcements forum. This is where I move discussions and posts that are not directly addressed to the developers.