Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

13 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I don't understand why some people have to demean others in regards to what they find as entertaining or what they want to do with their time.  I sometimes wonder if demeaning others is their way of putting some value in their lives.

Reminds me of the time one of my former teachers in high school many years ago claimed she banned YouTube from her home because content creators make money off of their videos/streams. *Shrug*

17 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I don't understand why some people have to demean others in regards to what they find as entertaining or what they want to do with their time.  I sometimes wonder if demeaning others is their way of putting some value in their lives.

It's not demeaning I just don't understand why people like watching someone else do something they are very capable of doing, if someone wants to sit around watching paint dry by all means do it but seems a little boring. 

3 minutes ago, nielm269 said:

It's not demeaning I just don't understand why people like watching someone else do something they are very capable of doing, if someone wants to sit around watching paint dry by all means do it but seems a little boring. 

This is simply a perspective that you will probably never share. I could make the same argument about sports. Taking soccer as an example, in my opinion it's just a childish game about two teams kicking a ball around and sometimes including some immature, violent fans starting fires and riots if their favorite team doesn't win. It's ridiculous in my eyes but that doesn't make it any less valid of a form of entertainment (excluding the last bit I mentioned). If someone can find purpose in an activity, then that activity is worth pursuing, so long as they are not harming themselves or anyone else. Not everyone has to "get it" to make it worthy of existing.

2 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Very. There's probably less than like 50 people who regularly post in this thread, and even on the Subreddit, which is still a tiny fraction of the fanbase, they barely know what's going on with A20. Only the most dedicated fans actually go to forums and follow games

I wouldn't be too sure about that, I think there's plenty of people like me who never post, but actively monitor here. 😛

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

This is simply a perspective that you will probably never share. I could make the same argument about sports. Taking soccer as an example, in my opinion it's just a childish game about two teams kicking a ball around and sometimes including some immature, violent fans starting fires and riots if their favorite team doesn't win. It's ridiculous in my eyes but that doesn't make it any less valid of a form of entertainment (excluding the last bit I mentioned). If someone can find purpose in an activity, then that activity is worth pursuing, so long as they are not harming themselves or anyone else. Not everyone has to "get it" to make it worthy of existing.

Again I said I personally don't understand but if it makes them happy whatever. 

Some streamers are really entertaining and some are really funny which makes it fun to watch them for example play a game with a friend and they comment on random things or for example you are curious when your favourite streamer plays your favourite game for the first time and you are hoping that they will like it too just as much as you do :) 

10 minutes ago, nielm269 said:

It's also because people like to watch other people be entertaining. Maybe they are funny, maybe that have a very relaxing personality, maybe they can do things in a game that a viewer cannot.

It's not just "watching someone play a game". It's more for the person playing it and the entertainment they provide.

Just now, Capp00 said:

It's also because people like to watch other people be entertaining. Maybe they are funny, maybe that have a very relaxing personality, maybe they can do things in a game that a viewer cannot.

It's not just "watching someone play a game". It's more for the person playing it and the entertainment they provide.

I don't speak for everyone here, but as further evidence for this, I would never be interested in watching a gaming-focused channel that provides zero commentary, outside of tutorial videos.

Just now, Capp00 said:

That is a valid argument and counter point I applaud you Sir.  

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

We need T Shirts now

"I survived the 2021 Streamer Weekend Controversy!"

😁

You are making the assumption that it will get out this weekend or the next 3 weekends after that. In any case I would make it...

"I survived the A20 Streamer Weekend Controversy!"

And while we are at it, we might as well add the following for veterans:

"I survived the A19 Streamer Weekend Controversy!"

"I survived the A18 Streamer Weekend Controversy!"

"I survived the A17 Streamer Weekend Controversy!"

Its not like previous releases were much different. Everyone is excited to get it.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I know these type of people from the steamforums. They will blame TFP for poor communication and marketing skill and they already did it a lot.

It seems my english isn´t good enough, people don´t get the point here. TFP will be blamed. Not the streamers. Can´t say it more shortly.

yeah but.....who cares?

Are people gonna not play 7DTD cause a game wasnt released on time? lol? cause you know, that never happens.  Is TFP gonna crumble cause they have some disgruntled fans? maybe but there's always gonna be the whiners so how is this different.

sorry, maybe i missed it....what was the point? of your rant?

33 minutes ago, Capp00 said:

THIS: When I initially heard of Twitch and the idea of watching someone else play a video game, it was mind-boggling. How on earth could that be entertaining? And for the most part this was likely true: it was just people playing video games. But pretty quickly, people realized that the real value is in the streamer's ability to be entertaining, whether that was by the way they interacted with their community or simply by playing a character (WWE, anyone?). The point is, as others have stated already, I think the vast majority of people watch video game streamers for the entertainment they get out of the person in front of the camera/mic, not just for the gameplay.

1 hour ago, nielm269 said:

It's not demeaning 

You may have not meant it, but this jumped out at me when I read your response

and if they really need a reputation for being able to make Mario jump on the turtle to validate their life it maybe a good time to re-evaluate it

1 minute ago, Orclover said:

Ahhh the streamers get it first to generate the hype of course.

Awww, they didnt include the flying drone :(  I was actually looking forward to that one.

I'm guessing it kept getting stuck on things.

They did "We have added a Robotic Drone Companion to carry your extra gear, heal you and more"

Archived