Idiotic reaction limit per day

Spatch

So who makes a discussion board that limits how many reactions you can post in a day?  I'm reading posts and reacting positively or negatively.  WTF is wrong with that?   I'm limited after x number?  Jeezus H Christ!

Sorry. This came up when we first migrated over and we looked to see if we could increase or remove the limit but we can’t. 

There was a limit on daily reputation in our old forums as well and that was a completely different platform. 

So there’s at least two providers who do it and we can’t have lucked into the only two who do.

”First World Problem” if you ask me...

19 minutes ago, Roland said:

Sorry. This came up when we first migrated over and we looked to see if we could increase or remove the limit but we can’t. 

There was a limit on daily reputation in our old forums as well and that was a completely different platform. 

So there’s at least two providers who do it and we can’t have lucked into the only two who do.

Is there a limit to how many posts per day?  I'll just start quoting the post and adding "like" or "dislike"

19 minutes ago, Roland said:

Dislike

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/oct/02/why-phrase-first-world-problem-is-condescending-to-everyone

(conspiracy hat on) It's because with fewer reactionas allowed more posts are made, so likely more $$$ for provider

(thinking cap on) Maybe it's so each reaction will become a bit more important; so instead of some folks simply 'liking' everything (as I've seen on some forums) only the 'good' posts will get a large number of likes.

(suspisious hat on) Simple. Roland has a bot checking for certain numbers of x reactions, and he only reads those and he wanted to keep the number down... 0_o

)you know I'm just teasing you Roland!( :biggrin1:

3 minutes ago, FileMachete said:

(conspiracy hat on) It's because with fewer reactionas allowed more posts are made, so likely more $$$ for provider

(thinking cap on) Maybe it's so each reaction will become a bit more important; so instead of some folks simply 'liking' everything (as I've seen on some forums) only the 'good' posts will get a large number of likes.

(suspisious hat on) Simple. Roland has a bot checking for certain numbers of x reactions, and he only reads those and he wanted to keep the number down... 0_o

)you know I'm just teasing you Roland!( :biggrin1:

I would "like" your post, but it's too early in the day to use up one of my allottment. Maybe several better posts will come along. I'll try to remember to come back to it later tonight if there are not many quality posts throughout the day.

2 minutes ago, Spatch said:

Is there a limit to how many posts per day?  I'll just start quoting the post and adding "like" or "dislike"

Dislike

Uh...there will be for you if such passive aggressive behavior noticeably begins to disrupt the flow and readability of threads.

People do that naturally from time to time but if you are going to spam the forum with a ton of quotes followed by a one word reaction as a protest to something we can’t change anyway then we will just limit you completely.

That’s MY dislike button. 

13 minutes ago, katarynna said:

I would "like" your post, but it's too early in the day to use up one of my allottment. Maybe several better posts will come along. I'll try to remember to come back to it later tonight if there are not many quality posts throughout the day.

Honestly made me laugh there, good post @katarynna ! :pound:

And to be fair to the OP I too run out of reactions pretty quickly :) but I also overuse emoticons so I've not a good yardstick... though a teacher used to bonk me with her yardstick for being disruptive in class.. Hey! Maybe you should get a special reaction/emoticon Roland, yardstick bonk, kinda like this one but with a stick.. or a Club since this is 7dtd after all >:party::fish:

Yeah, i was absolutely not intending to poke fun at the op. If it was something easily changed, it should be. apparently it is out of tfp's control, so that is fine as well.

The topic just seemed to set up the comment. I would have liked Roland's post as well, but i am pretty sure it is forbidden to like anything about roland and i would have been run off the forums by sharp stick-wielding old timers.

7 minutes ago, katarynna said:

The topic just seemed to set up the comment. I would have liked Roland's post as well, but i am pretty sure it is forbidden to like anything about roland and i would have been run off the forums by sharp stick-wielding old timers.

Stop it! I have a side cramp now damnit!! 🤣

And we luvvvs our Roland Trolland! Your stock with all the... well vast major... err.. a _lot_ of us oldtimers will only rise if you come to like him too.

(and that was a -most- excellent reverse pysch out there, kudos!)

[ just noticed your join date... faker! no wonder you're schooling here lol ]

9 minutes ago, Kattla said:

Do the limit stack though? I seemed to have a lots to give after my 6 months forum vacation.

Sry, no idea here. Heck, I haven't even counted how many we're allowed every day. Or how the "day" is handled.

Though I could see the rationale for some banking of reactions.

17 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

Are you assuming the post's tone now?

I’d say less assuming and more interpreting the signs:

1) “idiotic” in the title

2) The rhetorical irony of the first question

3) WTF...

4) Jeezus H. Christ!

These uses don’t point to a simple light query. They broadcast a different more outraged tone than simply wanting to get to the bottom of a mystery. 

Link that with his later threat to quote every post he reads and respond with a one word reaction and I feel pretty comfortable in my interpretation.

3 hours ago, Spatch said:

So who makes a discussion board that limits how many reactions you can post in a day?  I'm reading posts and reacting positively or negatively.  WTF is wrong with that?   I'm limited after x number?  Jeezus H Christ!

My guess is that it's a bit of a bulwark against posters who overreact to things. But there aren't any of those here, so...

1 hour ago, RestInPieces said:

Seriously though, what is this new age heart fluffy colorful icon stuff that we can spam. Bleh. I suggest we go back to the previous clearly more prestigious reputation system.

I agree, although I'm a bit fond of the little "poop" pile, looks like a little Hershey Kiss

Let's be honest if reactions were unlimited a handful of users would create threads and then just poop react anyone that disagreed with them.  I've certainly felt limited by the reacts on this board and I'm usually only short by 1-2 reacts a day, but I can see how quickly it would spiral out of control.  As amusing as it would be to see half of the devs and Roland covered in poop reacts at all times it just wouldn't be very productive or conducive to good conversational exchanges.  People already get emotionally involved in their feelings on game balance and design changes as it is. 

I'm not a fan of incentivizing negative spirals.  We already have Facebook/Twitter/Reddit for that lol, so we know people are not to be trusted with such meager powah 😀

I'd dislike Roland's posts but I'm out for the day.  :(  And that was because I liked and disliked 5 or 10 posts, not pooped on a bunch of them.  I just didn't understand why there would be a limit and it seemed idiotic to me.

2 hours ago, Spatch said:

I'd dislike Roland's posts but I'm out for the day. 

What’s not to like? See? The limit saved you from making some serious mistakes in judgement... ;) 

2 hours ago, Spatch said:

I liked and disliked 5 or 10 posts,

Here’s your workaround. It’s how I do it. I only give positive reactions or poop when it’s funny to do so. Instead of giving a dislike I instead post a response about why I dislike it. Dislikes are just a waste when you can spell out exactly what it is you dislike. 

You got no dislike reaction on your OP from me. Instead, you got all of THIS. 

Sooooooo much better....lol

Archived