Idiotic reaction limit per day

Spatch

23 minutes ago, Roland said:

What’s not to like? See? The limit saved you from making some serious mistakes in judgement... ;) 

Here’s your workaround. It’s how I do it. I only give positive reactions or poop when it’s funny to do so. Instead of giving a dislike I instead post a response about why I dislike it. Dislikes are just a waste when you can spell out exactly what it is you dislike. 

You got no dislike reaction on your OP from me. Instead, you got all of THIS. 

Sooooooo much better....lol

Because they are limited I make sure to make them count.  Funny memes/jokes take precedence over dislikes there is already so much disagreement and hate in out there.  Why bring it in here when I dont have to? 🤣

With that said  I use the dislike reaction when I strongly disagree with something.  There is the "report" reaction for those that really go off the rails...🤣

1 hour ago, Roland said:

What’s not to like? See? The limit saved you from making some serious mistakes in judgement... ;) 

Here’s your workaround. It’s how I do it. I only give positive reactions or poop when it’s funny to do so. Instead of giving a dislike I instead post a response about why I dislike it. Dislikes are just a waste when you can spell out exactly what it is you dislike. 

Thanks for all the clarifications.  No, I won't lose sleep over not having dislikes and likes unlimited :) 

On 7/19/2020 at 4:31 PM, Spatch said:

So who makes a discussion board that limits how many reactions you can post in a day?  I'm reading posts and reacting positively or negatively.  WTF is wrong with that?   I'm limited after x number?  Jeezus H Christ!

I'm out of reactions for today, but would have given you a thumbs up. lol

@Spatch, just wanted to thank you for starting this thread, I was chuckling about the various back n forth bits, outside the core of your op, all day. :)

11 hours ago, Roland said:

ohh... nooo! make it stop make it stop!

(I read this and my brain imaged a large man in a red sequined cocktail dress & heels with a feather boa bursting out from behind the curtain..eep!)

(now I need to inject Lysol into me brain to make it go away!!) :biggrin1:

On 7/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, Roland said:

”First World Problem” if you ask me...

Seriously what kinda reply is this from a company to a customer who really was not rude to you. It very condescending you smacks at that you and TFP don't care about issues people have with your product cause people in Somalia live in a poor violence stricken country.

2 hours ago, gwhit said:

Seriously what kinda reply is this from a company to a customer who really was not rude to you. It very condescending you smacks at that you and TFP don't care about issues people have with your product cause people in Somalia live in a poor violence stricken country.

It's called a joke...😅

Maybe if he only responded with that joke id be with you but he did answer the question...

If people really have nothing better to do then express their concerns about emojis and likes/dislike I'm truly worried about them lol...

Sings:  "I don't wanna blow up because I'm a (insert race in a country ravaged by war), kid, there's tanks and planes, and hand grenades!  It's the biggest war zone there is!"

/wears fireproof suit while waiting for a potential edit from a mod.

21 hours ago, Laz Man said:

It's called a joke...😅

Maybe if he only responded with that joke id be with you but he did answer the question...

If people really have nothing better to do then express their concerns about emojis and likes/dislike I'm truly worried about them lol...

if people really have nothing better to do then express their concerns about simple replies and likes/dislike I'm truly worried about them lol...

4 minutes ago, gwhit said:

if people really have nothing better to do then express their concerns about simple replies and likes/dislike I'm truly worried about them lol...

Iswydt...😁 

if people really have nothing better to do then express their concerns about replies of replies about likes/dislike I'm truly worried about them lol...

On 7/19/2020 at 11:49 PM, Roland said:

What about knuckle rubs, what do they signify?  Asking for a friend...  :D

On 7/19/2020 at 7:39 AM, Roland said:

Sorry. This came up when we first migrated over and we looked to see if we could increase or remove the limit but we can’t. 

My first reaction: That's a pretty bizarre limitation.

My second reaction, after looking into things: Sure enough, there is an option.

Note: Within each member group,  you can also set whether that group can see who has given reputation and the amount of reputation they can give in any one day.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:13 PM, Kattla said:

Do the limit stack though? I seemed to have a lots to give after my 6 months forum vacation.

Untested, but unlikely. I assume it’s intended as an anti-flooding measure, and old timers/lurkers being able to accumulate a backlog and ‘spend’ it all at once would make it ineffective at that.

You’ll recall that on the old forum, you had to ‘spread around’ reputation before you could give it to the same user again.  Now, at least it’s possible to shower attention on the same user again and again.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, Junuxx said:

My first reaction: That's a pretty bizarre limitation.

My second reaction, after looking into things: Sure enough, there is an option.

Thanks for doing that research. I just scoured my AdminCP looking for the option you mentioned and it doesn’t exist just like it didn’t the last time I looked. 

I’ll mention it again to our site admin to see if he can enable the option like I asked when we first migrated over and see if his answer will be any different. 

Hey @Roland , I just noticed something that may be goofed. When I went into my profile and clicked on the small text, "See reputation activity" right below the upper left sides large "Community Reputation" box, the main field on the new page, "Reputation Activity", where it looks like you'd be able to see when & who reacted to which one of your posts, that entire area is empty. Just says "There's nothing here yet."

The upper left side shows how many of each reaction you've given, and how many of each you've recieved. So it seems like things are somewhat working, just not populating the 'details' field.

Though it literally could just be me. I'm the one that can't see youtube vids unless the poster intentionally puts a link.

7dtd_forums_Reputation Activity details are blank.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2020 at 8:16 AM, FileMachete said:

Honestly made me laugh there, good post @katarynna ! :pound:

And to be fair to the OP I too run out of reactions pretty quickly :) but I also overuse emoticons so I've not a good yardstick... though a teacher used to bonk me with her yardstick for being disruptive in class.. Hey! Maybe you should get a special reaction/emoticon Roland, yardstick bonk, kinda like this one but with a stick.. or a Club since this is 7dtd after all >:party::fish:

My kindergarten teacher Mrs Wong used to crack my knuckles in class with a ruler. You must be over 40 because that would be abuse this day and age. I really liked Mrs Wong or maybe her knuckle wacking was intended to MAKE me like her, who knows, but at the very least I definitely respected her.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, Spatch said:

Is there a limit to how many posts per day?  I'll just start quoting the post and adding "like" or "dislike"

On 7/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, Roland said:

”First World Problem” if you ask me...

Dislike

HA!!! I see what you did there, clever boy.

Archived