Who loves 7 days to die?

I gotta say I have had 7DTD since the beginning and thru all it's iterations, it's transformed into an amazing game.  I remember playing a 1st person shooter on the Playstation called Black.  Love the mechanics and the weapons and that you could destroy alot of the surroundings.  The Fun Pimps have given us that world with 7DTD and so much more.

Sure there are a gonna be bugs and issues with alpha lauches, but this whole team is kicking @%$*#! and taking names and losing sleep.  Give these guys, all of them, the respect they deserve for being the great game developers that they are.

And I absolutely love that EVERYTHING is destroyable or harvestable.

Make mine 7 Days to Die!

ZombieWhisperer

Considering this game is still in alpha and I and I'm sure many others have put hundreds of hours into it already - i'd say it's a pretty incredible game. Really curious what this game will look like when it's done for the most part. I feel like there's still a decent amount that could be done. 

Agreed, this game is awesome. I love how the world, crafting/building and shooter elements combine with rpg elements of progression. The game is awesome, and I can't wait to see it get even better. 

I even mostly agree with their gameplan. 

Special zombies (hopefully this will lead to different behavior, instead of the current iteration of specials).
Legendary loot
Gamestage based on area and poi
Bandits & survivors

Really excited to see where this game goes. 

I love this F'ing game. I can't remember a game in my 38 years of being on this earth that I've put more time in & have had more fun with. 

Most of these hours have been on console so I can only imagine the hours I'll be logging into the PC version. 

I am kinda on the edge tbh, they keep making stupid decisions about certain things, like the poi's almost every poi having a loot room is @%$*#!ed in a survival game, as is the dungeon style poi's being pretty much every poi that exists. The swimming zombies was also pretty stupid, as was zombies being smart enough to dig and being structural engineers.

Other than the questionable decisions with stuff like above, I rather love the game.

28 minutes ago, Scyris said:

I am kinda on the edge tbh, they keep making stupid decisions about certain things, like the poi's almost every poi having a loot room is @%$*#!ed in a survival game, as is the dungeon style poi's being pretty much every poi that exists. The swimming zombies was also pretty stupid, as was zombies being smart enough to dig and being structural engineers.

Other than the questionable decisions with stuff like above, I rather love the game.

Have you played A19 yet? There are a ton of remnant non quest POIs...

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Have you played A19 yet? There are a ton of remnant non quest POIs...

A bit, I find the new loot system ruined the game, its much to easy to get quality 5/6 items now that it takes away a ton of the fun. 1-3 should be very common 4-6 super rare no matter how high GS is. Like it was in A18. The tiering from primitive->iron->steel thou is nice, but it also sort of makes each game play the same way pretty much, since at so and so GS you know your never going to find x item anywhere. I just wish I could get night vision goggles without needing better barter. I've never found a pair in a17/18 or 19 yet in loot.

22 minutes ago, Scyris said:

A bit, I find the new loot system ruined the game, its much to easy to get quality 5/6 items now that it takes away a ton of the fun. 1-3 should be very common 4-6 super rare no matter how high GS is. Like it was in A18. The tiering from primitive->iron->steel thou is nice, but it also sort of makes each game play the same way pretty much, since at so and so GS you know your never going to find x item anywhere. I just wish I could get night vision goggles without needing better barter. I've never found a pair in a17/18 or 19 yet in loot.

Yeah I hear yah...hopefully when they have the higher risk areas with better loot that will make things better.  People been asking for that for ages and based on some of the dev responses, it sounds like it's coming.  Just not in A19.

On the flip side getting a high quality  RNG loot drop super early in the game felt cheesy and rushed progression way to fast to the point it was game breaking.  Yes it felt good to get the lucky drop but soon after it was like so what do I do now?  Guess I'll go decorate my base or start over....

At least this way, getting that high quality item feels more rewarding because it was earned.  (E.g. higher gs attained)

5 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Yeah I hear yah...hopefully when they have the higher risk areas with better loot that will make things better.  People been asking for that for ages and based on some of the dev responses, it sounds like it's coming.  Just not in A19.

On the flip side getting a high quality  RNG loot drop super early in the game felt cheesy and rushed progression way to fast to the point it was game breaking.  Yes it felt good to get the lucky drop but soon after it was like so what do I do now?  Guess I'll go decorate my base or start over....

At least this way, getting that high quality item feels more rewarding because it was earned.  (E.g. higher gs attained)

True but at the same time it removed some of the randomness which for me made the game fun, now it feels too.. linear back like a17 did.

10 minutes ago, Scyris said:

True but at the same time it removed some of the randomness which for me made the game fun, now it feels too.. linear back like a17 did.

I suppose someone could mod the RNG back in but the only way it would be balanced imo is if upkeep on higher quality items was....higher as well.  That way, one lucky RNG drop doesnt automatically invalidate the entire progression of the game in one fell swoop...Easier said then done of course.

36 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I suppose someone could mod the RNG back in but the only way it would be balanced imo is if upkeep on higher quality items was....higher as well.  That way, one lucky RNG drop doesnt automatically invalidate the entire progression of the game in one fell swoop...Easier said then done of course.

So the number of repair kits needed = the tier of the item with some modifiers/multipliers. 

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Its not just drops that are the problem, the trader even in A19 can completly break the intended progression as well. Hell mine had a wuality 4 auto shotgun in it on day 1, had no way to get the dukes in time, but it did have it. This will be fixed in a20 though, the devs know about it, the trader needs to level up with the player's gamestage kinda how vendors level up in elder scrolls/fallout games, higher level you are=better stuff npcs have when they reset daily.

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

So the number of repair kits needed = the tier of the item with some modifiers/multipliers. 

Could also do a dying light, where things have a limited number of repairs before they become "broken" where they are only good to scrap and have 0 vendor value. This would make crafting have real value later. When things with Mods "break" though you can pull the mods out of it before scrapping it. Maybe have a skill thats based on the level of the perk for that item that has a chance to not use up a repair time, or that adds more times you can repair it.

1 hour ago, Scyris said:

........Could also do a dying light, where things have a limited number of repairs before they become "broken" where they are only good to scrap and have 0 vendor value. This would make crafting have real value later. When things with Mods "break" though you can pull the mods out of it before scrapping it. Maybe have a skill thats based on the level of the perk for that item that has a chance to not use up a repair time, or that adds more times you can repair it.

Man this is a cool idea! Would be a pain in the azz but cool nonetheless.

7 hours ago, Scyris said:

Could also do a dying light, where things have a limited number of repairs before they become "broken" where they are only good to scrap and have 0 vendor value. This would make crafting have real value later. When things with Mods "break" though you can pull the mods out of it before scrapping it. Maybe have a skill thats based on the level of the perk for that item that has a chance to not use up a repair time, or that adds more times you can repair it.

This is the answer to "Late game blues".  

(That moment when their isn't a real reason to explore another POI, except for maybe brass.)

Best game in my library, hands down. With close to 7000 hours in game, I still look forward to the improvements brought by each alpha. My wife and I play together until there is nothing left to do on a map, and then start over. Different builds, different bases, every game is a little different.

Recently started putting our horde base (we build it a good distance away from where we live the rest of the week) inside the chain link fence out in the back of the "Flavless Academy" and turning the playground equipment into zombie traps :)

I stumbled upon 7Days2Die  while watching the Game Society Pimps on Youtube. I ended up getting the Xbox and PC versions of the game and enjoy both immensely. One of the reasons I enjoy the game is the hunt for supplies to make sure you have what you need to survive the horde night. Being I have a new upgraded PC I am getting back into the swing of the PC version and thinking of changing the horde frequency a bit so that I can have some surprises come my way. 

Archived