When is 7 Days going on sale???

lalythia

5 hours ago, lalythia said:

I have a couple people I would like to buy the game for. I've been holding out for a sale but have yet to catch one. I guess a spring sale is not gonna happen. Any ideas when the next sale might be? 

Just be sure that before you buy the game that you at least meet the minimum requirements and expect minimum results if that's all you have because this game isn't like any other game. It's a real pig on resources, but if you can get passed that with decent / good hardware, then you're in for a good time with this game... even at full price.

9 hours ago, Fox said:

Just be sure that before you buy the game that you at least meet the minimum requirements and expect minimum results if that's all you have because this game isn't like any other game. It's a real pig on resources, but if you can get passed that with decent / good hardware, then you're in for a good time with this game... even at full price.

As a 2nd option there is also Geforce Now which only requires a good internet connection if folks have crappy PCs.  Last I checked it's free for 1 hour gaming sessions.

One down side is you wont be able to do any modding through them.

Also please be aware that the bundle option for buying two copies is ONLY for buying a copy for yourself and another for a friend which you must specify at time of purchase and then it automatically goes to your friend. You do not get a steam key to be used later. So be sure to purchase the individual copies.  If you already have the game installed you won't even get the option of buying the 2 game bundle. You'll see it in the store but won't be able to purchase it.

I've had bigger restaurant and bar tabs for a 30 minute get-together than the price of this game. I've bought copies at full price for multiple people I know. It's thousands of hours of entertainment for less than the price of a tank of gas. Just buy it and support the developers. Just saying...

22 hours ago, Scyris said:

I'd say just buy it, its already pretty cheap and you can possibly gets hundreds if not thousands of hours out of it. Its worth every penny.

If I got what I paid for per hour, I am looking at $0.06 an hour of fun, SO FAR. :) Honestly, if you like the idea of Roleplaying in the Walking Dead, there is NOTHING close to this in terms of flexibility. It is WELL worth the asking price is you like the genre simply due to it being the best in it's class by miles.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, lalythia said:

I have a couple people I would like to buy the game for. I've been holding out for a sale but have yet to catch one. I guess a spring sale is not gonna happen. Any ideas when the next sale might be? 

use https://isthereanydeal.com if you add 7 days to die it will let you know when there is a sale if you let it send you and email so you know when it goes on sale next time

I do hope the experimental drops before the Summer Sale. Path of Exile is also releasing their new league on the 19th, and it would be painful to juggle my favorite games.  If Streamer weekend is the 12th, then I can still play 7 Days for 7 days without sleep before PoE drops. :D League starts are as awesome as new Alphas on 7 Days.... big conundrum.  

3 hours ago, Marinxar said:

I do hope the experimental drops before the Summer Sale. Path of Exile is also releasing their new league on the 19th, and it would be painful to juggle my favorite games.  If Streamer weekend is the 12th, then I can still play 7 Days for 7 days without sleep before PoE drops. :D League starts are as awesome as new Alphas on 7 Days.... big conundrum.  

I wont be playing path of exile this league for the first time in 6 years, instead i'm buying 3 copies of 7D2D for me and my friends, we will be starting tomorrow and I can't wait!!!

8 minutes ago, diegodgo87 said:

I wont be playing path of exile this league for the first time in 6 years, instead i'm buying 3 copies of 7D2D for me and my friends, we will be starting tomorrow and I can't wait!!!

Well, you can't go wrong with the 7DTD option. 

Thanks for the replies all. 

I paid full price for myself for the game. 

I just can't justify spending $75-$100 outfitting my friends with it - even though I'd really like them to try it and agree that it's a great game and totally worth the money. So I'll just wait for the summer sale. 👍

2 hours ago, lalythia said:

Thanks for the replies all. 

I paid full price for myself for the game. 

I just can't justify spending $75-$100 outfitting my friends with it - even though I'd really like them to try it and agree that it's a great game and totally worth the money. So I'll just wait for the summer sale. 👍

Yep, I did this a few years ago.  Got half of two service desks at the office playing the game when it went on sale for $10.

I wonder why Steam doesn't have a "loan" program for games. So you could loan a license copy to up to 3 (or whatever) Steam IDs for 7 days, while also keeping your own. Play a little co-op, hook some new fish. Once you've loaned a particular game the max # of times, you can't loan it any more. Maybe charge a couple of bucks for the feature and give a small spiff from that to the publisher. The Steam infrastructure can definitely handle this type of thing. Word of mouth is great, but actually trying the game - especially a game as unique as 7D2D - is worth a million words.

Steam could pay a few hundred K to TFP and call the feature "7 Days to Buy". Win-win.

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

I wonder why Steam doesn't have a "loan" program for games. So you could loan a license copy to up to 3 (or whatever) Steam IDs for 7 days, while also keeping your own. Play a little co-op, hook some new fish. Once you've loaned a particular game the max # of times, you can't loan it any more. Maybe charge a couple of bucks for the feature and give a small spiff from that to the publisher. The Steam infrastructure can definitely handle this type of thing. Word of mouth is great, but actually trying the game - especially a game as unique as 7D2D - is worth a million words.

Steam could pay a few hundred K to TFP and call the feature "7 Days to Buy". Win-win.

They have something similar, the weekends where specific games can be played for free.

Making their whole catalogue open up for the loan program you are suggesting would immediately lead to the creation of "loan sharks" that lend out games for a fee to anyone (fee would be ( price divided by # ) + 20% profit).

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Making their whole catalogue open up for the loan program you are suggesting would immediately lead to the creation of "loan sharks" that lend out games for a fee to anyone (fee would be ( price divided by # ) + 20% profit).

Well, maybe not the one *I* am suggesting. I suggested that it be limited to 7 days (or maybe 1 or 2 or whatever) and only 3 times (or 1 or 2 or whatever) per owned game. So loan sharks (good name) would I guess be able to loan to three people for a couple of days and then...? That's the end of it. I don't see a way to make any significant profit.

Say the game costs $30, the loan period is 3 days, and maximum of 3 loans per game. Who would pay 30/3 + 20% = $12 to play the game for 3 days? And after the shark has loaned 3 times he's made $6 profit. Not worth it? Perhaps a per-account maximum of 6 loans per month should apply as well.

Anywho, the infrastructure is there to enable the feature and limit opportunity for gaming it, IMO. Just enough to let people like OP hook their friends on the game, but not enough to be loaning out the entire catalogue in order to buy a speedboat. 🙂

ETA: and it could be opt-in for publishers. Some games probably wouldn't really benefit. I think a unique game in alpha like 7D2D could benefit quite a bit. I think a lot of people would buy the full game if they got a little sample for free, especially if a skilled friend like OP was there to show them the ropes for a few in-game days.

Look, it was all crystal clear in my head; not my fault you can't read minds! 😃

I should also clarify that the "charge a couple bucks" idea would be Steam charging us a couple of bucks to be able to share 7D2D with a friend, with some of that (piddling) revenue flowing to TFP. So if I want to hook my friends on it, maybe it costs me $2 to share the license for a week and TFP gets $1. And then presumably a full sale after my friends are addicted.

Archived