1. 1. Poll....Player Age?

• 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • > 70

EDIT

Oh snap! I just noticed I could've chosen the lower bracket! For the record I want everyone to know that I am DEFINITELY 40-50 years old and not 50-60 years old!

Argh...I believe I just failed a math word problem. I'm going to need to wait like at least a year to do the poll again correctly now.

Bah!

Oh, and 53 here for the record.

The first computer game I owned was Rescue at Rigel which needed to be loaded off of audio cassete tape (it came JUST before Morloc's Tower)

The first computer game I played was Lunar Lander (from like 1969) on a DEC minicomputer.

-Morloc

I think web based vs Steam based forums automatically grab a higher percentage of user that have experienced the BBS of old.

Who else remember dialing up your modem to play "Trade Wars, The Pit, or Usurper" only to curse your family members for picking up the phone while playing!?

TXT based MUDs... Those were the good old days.

Ahh a time before ads...

Oooo, text based muds. They had the best graphic one could imagine, since we had to imagine it. :)

Think my last login on DSL (dark and shattered lands) was in 2011 but i am not entirely sure.

Liked their sailing "mechanics" a lot.

I had Commodore PET's and early Apple Mac's (they were called MacIntosh's back then) in school. When I grew up my first computer I ever owned and bought with my own money was a Tandy 1000. I remember a rich friend of mine got a Baxter, and my Uncle had a Commodore 64 and I was super jealous of both of them growing up.

I furiously devoured books about BASIC programming and I would do it in big department stores that had computer models available to the public for practice.

I would do it in big department stores that had computer models available to the public for practice.

PCs displaying inappropriate text scrolling on the screen which the salesmen had no clue how to stop....ahhhh...the good old days! :)

-Morloc

I had a TRS-80. The day I upgraded to a cassette drive so I didn't have to type in the programs every time was sweet.

Fifty-nine here. My first computer was a 4k Radio Shack Color Computer which I used to program using binary. Set me back $649.00. Wrote several games on it. Thought I was really doing something when I could upgrade to 16K. LOL!

My first computers were also various models of the CoCo. I remember having to type in the program from magazines and then losing them when I shut off the machine. Upgraded to the cassette. Seemed like I always had to use a teeny screwdriver to adjust the head on it to get the program to load. Then Finally I upgraded to the 5 1/4 floppy. I later found out I could punch a hole in the disk to make the other sided writable. After that I started on the Tandy 1000...not sure which one. After that was on to IBM compatibles.

I still have a CoCo around the house somewhere. I have a few years of "Rainbow Magazine" up in the attic. I have games on cassettes. Boxes of games in original packages stored away. I have bits and pieces of computer parts and peripherals hidden around the house. I am such a pack rat.

Archived