Pvpers quitting, save pvp, get rid of drugs

First off I have to say I love the game.

The fun pimps have done a great job overall.

About the drugs...

I can see what TFP are trying to do by putting in drugs like recog and fortbites. It reminds me of games like fallout and red dead redemption. Drugs are killing pvp though. You become a damn near invincible superhero with fortbites. With a recog I can easily take out a high level crew and 1 to 2 shot anyone. It's ridiculous.

Big groups can easily either loot the drugs or farm the mats to make them. Smaller groups don't stand a chance.

7dtd is meant to be hardcore and not a goofy superhero game like fallout is in my opinion.

I have played 7dtd pvp servers for around 4 years now and have over 4k hours and when the drugs came out I have seen more pvpers quit then ever before.

Drugs have to go to stem the tide of pvpers quitting I think.

I play on the pvp server Ragnarok if anyone wants to throw down :p

Thanks for a great game pimps!!

First off I have to say I love the game.

The fun pimps have done a great job overall.

About the drugs...

I can see what TFP are trying to do by putting in drugs like recog and fortbites. It reminds me of games like fallout and red dead redemption. Drugs are killing pvp though. You become a damn near invincible superhero with fortbites. With a recog I can easily take out a high level crew and 1 to 2 shot anyone. It's ridiculous.

Big groups can easily either loot the drugs or farm the mats to make them. Smaller groups don't stand a chance.

7dtd is meant to be hardcore and not a goofy superhero game like fallout is in my opinion.

I have played 7dtd pvp servers for around 4 years now and have over 4k hours and when the drugs came out I have seen more pvpers quit then ever before.

Drugs have to go to stem the tide of pvpers quitting I think.

I play on the pvp server Ragnarok if anyone wants to throw down :p

Thanks for a great game pimps!!

Is it really the drugs? or is it the whole direction A17 took the game?

Does anyone use these drugs in single player ?

I have tried both recog and fortbites in a single player game. They were absolutely useless to me. The effect is far too short and the side effects too long to be useful in combat. That's why I don't use them.

I have tried both recog and fortbites in a single player game. They were absolutely useless to me. The effect is far too short and the side effects too long to be useful in combat. That's why I don't use them.

No. I stock them up for some crisis that never comes. Most of the buffs in 7d2d should be lasting 15 min+ Frankly I'd like to see something like coffee be a 1 hr+ (real time) buff. For balance purposes, sure, make me use 20? beans to brew the coffee, but buffs that are too short are also too short to be bothered with.

Some of the more powerful combat oriented buffs can be shorter...5 min buffs (the kind of thing you take right before taking on a room full of irradiated), but something like Vitamins should last like half a day.

-Morloc

I have tried both recog and fortbites in a single player game.

I had no idea. I thought coffee and beer where the only ones currently in vanilla. They should just have a PVP specific options section that removes certain aspects like this. Or you can mod it out of the recipes xml to hard remove it from game.

I had no idea. I thought coffee and beer where the only ones currently in vanilla. They should just have a PVP specific options section that removes certain aspects like this. Or you can mod it out of the recipes xml to hard remove it from game.

The problem is developing something for merely 3-5% of the player base, and not having a negative impact on the other 94-97% of the players.

By its core nature, this isn't a PvP game. It may get some work done on PvP later, after the core features and optimization is done. Maybe.

The problem is developing something for merely 3-5% of the player base, and not having a negative impact on the other 94-97% of the players.

By its core nature, this isn't a PvP game. It may get some work done on PvP later, after the core features and optimization is done. Maybe.

Yep this about sums it up, TFP have never said the game plans to focus on pvp, sure it may get some new stufff added for pvp; but the main focus is on a pve survival experence. What I don't get is why can't these people get it thru their heads? As for those drugs being so short duration, pvp is probally why. That said if you want a open world gankfest. Which btw is what they mean by "pvp", not actual pvp where 2 people meet up for a fight starting at the same point. There are many other titles out there that offer it. People like 7dtd because its not a pvp focused gankfest like most of these "Survival" games.

Don't get me wrong I love pvp, just not in these types of games where it pretty much becomes people just trolling each other as there is no real way to do fair fights.

They may not have created the game with pvp in mind but this game is a gem for pvp enthusiasts and would give them access to a huge player base.

Some items and design elements are clearly geared towards pvp and as far as I know the devs never said they didn't want to include pvp balancing.

It does make sense to focus on the pvp elements once they are happy with the core of the game.

Can confirm that on PVP servers the drugs are power.

In real life they don't really work as well.

Tell that to the Nazis who used drugs to be able to outlast all people in warfare, less fatigue and more strength bringing fear to the enemies that helped them win many, many battles.

I have maybe tried one or two drugs... BUT DIDN'T Swallow! lol

I generally don't ever use them because of the addictability noted in their description. I've used maybe one or two and apparently got lucky.

Just mod them in or out...

No drug exists that I'm aware that will drastically increase the potential damage of any ranged weapon I pick up.

As far as damage reduction if anything it can mask how much pain you can endure but once again won't change actual physical damage you have taken.

Archived