Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Whatcha got regarding A18? I'll discuss.

ooo let us talk about how in A18 I heard there was a drop from Demolition zombies that if you hit them in the sweet spot with a rock they explode into diamonds you can pick up?

This could be factual to the point that MM secretly calls them " alchemists" and not demolishers thus making rock into diamond realistic

20 MF's its not looking too good. We'll make the official decision tomorrow. MP and RWG stuff mostly. Junk turrets disappear of a dead body dies by it, which really sucks. Thrown spears against rage zombies goes right through them, another can't ship bug. Good thing I'm doing INT Perception build. RWG 8k won't work on radeon. Some RWG maps have no trader at all, towns spawning in rad zones. We'll get it, but its too much on one guy right now. 15% this Friday chance IMO, 90% chance for Oct 4.

I sure could use a couple more weeks to polish perception/intellect too. As much as I am having fun I'd like those builds to have my stamp of approval too. No idea if they are horde viable.

As you have said before "it takes as long as it takes". I say take as much time as needed, sure I would like it to be released this friday, but what ever you decide I will be happy with it.

ooo let us talk about how in A18 I heard there was a drop from Demolition zombies that if you hit them in the sweet spot with a rock they explode into diamonds you can pick up?

This could be factual to the point that MM secretly calls them " alchemists" and not demolishers thus making rock into diamond realistic

Demolishers drop the same bright yellow bags the rest of the zombies do. The only difference might be a higher percent chance to drop one. It might be interesting to have them drop a different type of bag with its own loot group so that diamonds could be part of the drop.

Demolishers drop the same bright yellow bags the rest of the zombies do. The only difference might be a higher percent chance to drop one. It might be interesting to have them drop a different type of bag with its own loot group so that diamonds could be part of the drop.

does make some since. I would love to have zombies each have their own loot table. yes redundant fluff but demos could have a chance to drops dynamite or something, football dudes football helms and cops could drop magnums etc etc.

Whatcha got regarding A18? I'll discuss.

I for one am eager to play with the new electric drawbridges and doors, finally having them in the right proportion is also exciting, a true gift to base design. Think we're just stretching thin now while we wait, we have covered so many things in depth already. Glad the MF list keeps shrinking, Friday may be a long shot, but merely being that close is exciting.

20 MF's its not looking too good. We'll make the official decision tomorrow. MP and RWG stuff mostly. Junk turrets disappear of a dead body dies by it, which really sucks. Thrown spears against rage zombies goes right through them, another can't ship bug. Good thing I'm doing INT Perception build. RWG 8k won't work on radeon. Some RWG maps have no trader at all, towns spawning in rad zones. We'll get it, but its too much on one guy right now. 15% this Friday chance IMO, 90% chance for Oct 4.

I sure could use a couple more weeks to polish perception/intellect too. As much as I am having fun I'd like those builds to have my stamp of approval too. No idea if they are horde viable.

Ok, so the only things that matter to me really, keep it cooking until its good then, I can wait.

does make some since. I would love to have zombies each have their own loot table. yes redundant fluff but demos could have a chance to drops dynamite or something, football dudes football helms and cops could drop magnums etc etc.

They did that in A16, military zombos usually had mil armor and high tier weapons etc. The punk zombies always had mech parts on them for some reason, and so on. So it was in place at some point. I hope they not only bring that back but also increase the ratio of bag drops, one of the mods I played did that and it greatly eased the pain of losing Z loot from A16.

sure. where i live its rained so much crop insurance pay outs are through the roof and yields for soybeans are down 10% due to the fact that the prices are not even reflecting it so being a farmer atm kind of sucks.

OH but everything would be solved if the farmers in my area still had hoes to use....was a bad idea for the farmers almanac to get rid of hoes and go to a grid like system where we dont use a hoe anymore...

I for one am eager to play with the new electric drawbridges and doors, finally having them in the right proportion is also exciting, a true gift to base design. Think we're just stretching thin now while we wait, we have covered so many things in depth already. Glad the MF list keeps shrinking, Friday may be a long shot, but merely being that close is exciting.

I foresee a cheesy horde base design that toggles between two easy routes causing the zombies to just move back and forth like a shooting gallery.

They did that in A16, military zombos usually had mil armor and high tier weapons etc. The punk zombies always had mech parts on them for some reason, and so on. So it was in place at some point. I hope they not only bring that back but also increase the ratio of bag drops, one of the mods I played did that and it greatly eased the pain of losing Z loot from A16.

When they stopped doing that I stopped looking for certain zombies and choosing to stop what I was doing for certain types whilst mostly avoiding others. I miss that.

Perhaps the new encounters can reinstate increased chance of certain loot types from certain zombies...we can hope.

I foresee a cheesy horde base design that toggles between two easy routes causing the zombies to just move back and forth like a shooting gallery.

Ah, yes I imagine we are going to see all kinds of new and elaborate dynamic tower defense style setups being tried out, especially by youtubers like JaWoodle and Cap00. They both make tons of vids experimenting with game mechanics like this.

I'll need real game play footage to get on that hype train. Like most sci fi game resort to some vibrant mushroom world (Morrowind), Outer Worlds, and that crap just turns me off. I prefer a nasty scary desolate universe like Aliens. Even doom 3 had a good vibe and art style there. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably play outer worlds, but all the neon color I don't care for, feels artificial.

I didn't have any idea what fallout was about though and previews of it looked kinda corny to me, but once I played the familiar Bethesda game mechanics I liked it a lot, so I expect the same with Starfield.

Half life 2 had pretty good alien design too, I liked how grounded it felt. Most space games go nuts with color. Like if they are inspired by Star Wars I'd be pretty happy too.

Ok Madmole, Todd Howard calls you up and says, "Hey Joel, I love your zumbie game and would love for you to design the next Fallout! Can you give me something right now to pitch to the guys?"

If you got the reins how would design the next Fallout?

The randomness Faatal has introduced into a18 AI pathing is, if I understand correctly directly intended to counter this. Some zombies will ignore easy and simply pound their way through instead. Others will try to figure out how you got to where you are (breadcrumbs) and attempt to follow. With some being leapers now that might just mess with the cheesers enough...nah...

Ah, yes I imagine we are going to see all kinds of new and elaborate dynamic tower defense style setups being tried out, especially by youtubers like JaWoodle and Cap00. They both make tons of vids experimenting with game mechanics like this.

Oh, I'm not hating on cheesy tactics; it was just a prediction. I have my own set of tricks I use, especially on my suspended box design. I love the cheese as much as my fellow red-(cholesterol-)blooded Americans.

Edit: I became curious after this post and started researching annual cheese consumption per capita. Boy did I think we'd be much closer to the top! Round of cheese to the room on me for making asses out of us!

Madmole,

any news on this ? Did the team make a responce why we havent this ?

Hi Sam_Neil,

This well is known in the prefabbing world. We have this stuff and easy to do only with the in-game tools. Just ask a prefabber on Guppycur Discord how to do it. No magic behind it.

Nevertheless I’d love to see a proper documentation for the game.

I am really hoping that this is MM downplaying the hype and that the team pulls it off for this weekend.

But seriously I know you all will present the best game possible for the release of A18. Keep up the good work.

Archived