Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I believe if you're going to complain about bugs and do nothing to help fix them then you are just being a nuisance.

Those that put in the work to submit detailed bug reports and works along side someone from the Q&A testers to help identify bugs or whatever. Those people I think can then complain about bugs but those who actually take the effort to help, will not complain.

If you take the time to complain, damn take the time and write up a bug report, know what I'm sayin'? :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm offended. Why you picking on bald men for?

Because I was forced into the balding club without choice damnit! lol :( *looks to the sky "why me god why"*

:)

Well, I'm offended that you're offended. You should be offended because that offense is very offensive!

I'm offended that your offended that he got offended and I'm offended at the thought of being offended or offending anyone else that is not offended but would like to be offended..... :rapture:

I'm offended that your offended that he got offended and I'm offended at the thought of being offended or offending anyone else that is not offended but would like to be offended..... :rapture:

lFgeEiu.gif

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

Its still not as efficient as a shovel, but doable. Imagine turning the pick sideways and raking out of the way.

There are different pickaxes and having a ranch I have several. some have a flat side. although the artwork does not reflect it, a standard pickaxe, similar to a "pick mattock", has a pointed end on one side of its head and a broad flat "axe" blade opposite. A gradual curve spans the length of the head. The next most common configuration features two spikes, one slightly longer than the other. this seems to be the one the TFP Art team chose to display and is the wrong type to be using for digging.

this is what I was I think TFP should design as art as it plays well into MM's description of multi-use.

Pickaxe_Standard.jpg.bdbc8ff656fd97a38a4bb60ad1c2aebd.jpg

I'm not sure how to end this mini rant, my point is this: No one cares about some guy on the steam forums.

In other words, you're impatient and want the release right away.

In other words, you're impatient and want the release right away.

Well no, I wouldn't want the game released if the MFs are so severe that it's in no state to be released. Not everything is black and white. Yes, I am impatient as many of us are. I'm not sure if that's a valid argument against mine though.

I've added an addendum to the post you've quoted, I'll add it here too just in case:

"Alright, I'm gonna clarify before people take me for some kind of fool. I understand that bugs are bad, and that TFP wants to have a "soft landing". I will not dispute that, they can have a soft landing if they want it. In fact, I hope for the same. My stipulation, however, is what constitutes a soft landing and what will cause a rough one. My argument is that a vocal minority complaining about some bugs will not determine that, not at all. Their opinion is quickly overshadowed by the majority who are going to judge the content itself, not the state of the bugs. They will have a much greater influence on whether this release will land softly or not. "

Edited by CannedSmeef (see edit history)

There are different pickaxes and having a ranch I have several. some have a flat side. although the artwork does not reflect it, a standard pickaxe, similar to a "pick mattock", has a pointed end on one side of its head and a broad flat "axe" blade opposite. A gradual curve spans the length of the head. The next most common configuration features two spikes, one slightly longer than the other. this seems to be the one the TFP Art team chose to display and is the wrong type to be using for digging.

this is what I was I think TFP should design as art as it plays well into MM's description of multi-use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29118[/ATTACH]

yeppers used in construction. or better known as demolition. And ranching. spent 3 summers using one of these during my teen years

I'm offended that your offended that he got offended and I'm offended at the thought of being offended or offending anyone else that is not offended but would like to be offended.....

you lost me, somewhere between the third and fourth layer of being offended

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

Point noted, one alpha at a time. We LBD that looting sucked in 17, thats fixed, now if lack of survival elements truly is a thing, we'll fix that next. I'm starting to feel some food crunch from pedaling my bike. Was it a huge food hog in 17 or is something broken? Does the cardio perk work with bicycles? If someone can test, let me know your results!

Hey, It took me awhile to test this and I found the following:

From start Day 1, no points spent. Alpha 17.4

Biome: snow

Food consumption in five minute test.

150-136 Food, Hard pedaling. (5 minutes)

136-136 normal movement. (5 minutes)

136-135 normal movement but got attacked by a vulture and had to dismount.

Test 2, same settings but added cardio level one.

150-131 Food consumption, hard pedaling (5 minutes)

131-131 normal movement (5 minutes)

131-131 another 5 minutes, got attacked twice but no change in food as I didn't move around while dismounted much.

Sprinting test.

Both beginner and level one test seemed about the same. My avatar could petal hard for around 20 seconds before becoming exhausted.

Traveling over rough ground took about a second away from this making it an average of 19 seconds.

All sprint test were done on level ground.

I did find that each level of agility boosted both food and stamina 10 points per level.

I can test the next level to if you want. Do you want that to?

Edited by sillls (see edit history)

Hey.

Please check out the idea for Volcanic biom and Exoskeleton with separate Respiratory System. Sounds like cliche but may fit 7dtd.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?125951-New-Biom-Exoskleteton-with-Respiratory-System-Scythe!

Nice ;)

Mods will certainly offer us a lot of new biomes : 7 days to die on Mars, 7 days to die in Amazonia before deforestation, 7 days to die in Amazonia after deforestation (very similar to 7 days to die on Mars, but with brazilian music), 7 Days to die under the ground (fights against angry mad moles will be epic), 7 days to die in Manhattan, 7 days to die in a giant spaceship, 7 days to die in Arizona, err, wait, no, it's so 2013, forget it ^^.

This game is promised to a long life through many places and times :)

Spelling error found! :p ("Nobody will disrespects a warrior...") It's Sexual Tyrannosaurus 4/5.

Edit: Second spelling error found. ("Wolves are common predator...")

pPQsVhe.png

950PRsz.png

Fixed, thanks!

This is the kind of video I wanted to see - mining is what I love.

Question - While in the nitrate/lead mine you mentioned "I guess I could use nitrate for farming" what do you mean? Nitrate had nothing to do with farming in A17.x

PS: I love the new nodes and how minerals look - kudos to the Art/Graphics team on making things look so much better!

Are you trolling here, trying to reignite the farming gate?

Thanks, I designed and tasked the entire system, it needed to be intuitive. I love mining now for the first time since the old gravel mines were removed.

Because it's the same game throughout but with different weapons.

Level 1, kill easy zombies with a bow. Takes 5 shots. Loot is crap.

Level 50, kill medium zombies with a modded crossbow. Takes 5 shots. Loot is medium.

Level 100, kill harder zombies with a rifle. Takes 5 shots. Loot is better.

...there is no valid *reason* to "succeed" in this game.

Well there is survival, and feeling of progress. And of course my favorite Texas Diner's sign on the wall that says "It ain't braggin' if ya done it".

@MM/TFP - what is the logic behind Master chef inside the General Strength Perks? it use to be in INT and that kinda made sense.

INT guys have medical expertise to heal their wounds, bodybuilders I mean strength guys use food to heal. The fort guy uses natural healing to heal. Agility and perception avoid damage with ranged/bombs and stealth/bows so they don't need a way to heal.

Oh, I've said I suck at this game from the very beginning, and have never pretended to know it all; I leave that to the professional quake players. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you had a constitution variable, and "good" food fed into that? That way eating healthy could help stave off all sorts of illnesses?

All food except canned has a risk of food poisoning now, unless you buy the metabolism perk, so "good food" is kinda debatable. Canned foods don't fill you up and are safe, the best foods are the cooked recipes like 17, but that wasteland grown post war foods carries its risks and benefits.

With regard to a change of experience gain in settings, a pop up window would be a good thing: "It's not going to be easier, on the contrary, are you sure you want to increase the difficulty? (you idiot)"? Or just a tooltip when mouse is over.

I play with 200% xp waiting for A18 : it's easy for 4 days then it becomes very nasty. Love it. Short runs are good too, don't remove this feature, please. (my nephew thinks the game is called "Day One" because that's what he reads at the top of the screen every time he watches me play. Survivalist, always sprint, dead is dead : enjoy the map, the next will be worse...)

Edited by Hek Harris (see edit history)

I do get amazed people say "It's taking you 5 years and it only took 1 for <insert AAA game here> to come out!" when that's only because they don't see the 10 years prior to any kind of announcement...

Hahah yeah even Bethesda has turned into a ♥♥♥♥ show lately taking over 10 years to get us another Elder Scrolls. They used to create a masterpiece every 3 to 4 years max with 1/4 the size team they have now, so I'm not sure what the delay is all about. Probably because consoles are piles of crap and hold devs back from making great next gen games. They are developing on 2019 pcs and current gen consoles are like 10 year old pcs.

I really miss the wellness system and how eating good homecooked food was rewarded by directly making you healthier. Honestly that's probably the reason why farming became fruitless in the first place, many of the dishes that awarded wellness also needed fresh crops. When wellness was removed, so did the incentive to grow your own food. There absolutely needs to be a benefit to eating prepared dishes, maybe chili dogs up your fortitude for 10 minutes or something like that. Or just bring back the wellness system in some format, it was pretty good.

Yes, food isn't done, I have plans for it.

@madmole,

In the video, you stated you did not want your ladder to fall. Can you tell me if the mines can still collapse on you?

I know I had one collapse on me when I was playing the console version, but did not experience that in the updated Stream version.

Yet.

Thanks in advance.

Semper Fi