Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

..Oh, and just watched a video where Neebs Gaming confirmed a new episodes of 7dtd, starting soon. Very soon. Friday.

Haha you made me look, and many will take the post wrong.

Original Dawn of the Dead was the best zombie movie ever... the one set at the shopping mall. Its the one that got me thinking about how I would build MY base in a zombie outbreak. Now with this game I can actually build it.

Agree. It's the one that got me thinking about how I would take over my local mall. Shout out to Lucio Fulci's Zombie.

Hang glider is the only thing that made sense for jumping off buildings other than a wingsuit, which would be difficult to make into a "vehicle". A para sail would look weird sitting there fully fluffed up as you place it.

What about a zipline or bungie cord? *rolls eyes*

Yeah, I was reading too much into your and the OPs reply, sorry. But I already know there is massive destructive power in that zombie. I think I even mentioned it myself in some earlier post.

My point is this: You don't need a crystal ball to know that that zombie is spelling trouble. But the OP is sure " how quickly they will wreck all your hard work if ..." And sure, if you get 3 of them into a small room of a base like MM's that surely sounds like it might be the end. But why allow them into your base? Why assume that 20 of them will be spawned. Why assume that you won't run out and try your luck by drawing them out again before trying to explode them.

MM got 1 or 2 demolishers in his horde night and found a way to deal with them. I don't know if I find a way but I will not give up before even trying it out or ask TFP to tell me how to deal with them. Maybe I need to build a ring of walls, maybe have a drawn out base with multiple points of defense. Maybe have enough movement space on stilts so no two demolishers can hit the same spot.

Wouldn't reinforced concrete after 5000 HP damage downgrade to concrete and still have 2500 HP? So one demolisher is not an automatic breach into whatever is behind there.

500 rounds is clearly hyperbole, by the way.

Does he only destroy blocks? If 3 of them are in a room and one explodes, with such a high HP will he take the other 2 out so they don't explode I wonder?

But that is his purpose in life, he's is a designated "endboss", he isn't supposed to be easy.

It is a pity that many players will never see them because they start over when they have reached a certain level or when they die.

- - - Updated - - -

Does he only destroy blocks? If 3 of them are in a room and one explodes, with such a high HP will he take the other 2 out so they don't explode I wonder?

I was wondering too. In A16 I sometimes had a chain reaction with cops when one of them exploded.

Would you use a firearm to trigger the explosion?

I would take the sniper rifle, but I'd never base my defense solely on firearms.

Always when I see players standing on rooftops shooting zombies instead of building a base from scratch, it always saddens me. I think building should get a lot more attention than just replacing a few blocks in a POI.

A melee base player will have to move temporarily when the demolisher is coming and deal with him before returning to melee. Or have more than one space from which to melee. Redundancy always helps.

I don't know if a melee player would have the time to move and deal with the demolisher.

However, there are hardly any designs for melee bases left in A17. It's probably the high block damage caused by the zombies that makes it difficult to build a melee base that lasts longer. Glock 9 has tried this a few times and always had to retreat to its alternate position after a few minutes.

It is a pity that many players will never see them because they start over when they have reached a certain level or when they die.

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering too. In A16 I sometimes had a chain reaction with cops when one of them exploded.

to me I have the same feeling of success if I run away and survive a creature that would kill me the same as beating a creature in a fight..I think demolishers should be a random spawn in pois...

@Beerfly

Dont really have 1 set way, but im a stickler for having as many zeds as possible so, 64 max alive. I usually end up dying to something completely stupid and preventable anyway, never on horde night really.

I found more frequent bloodmoons on a lower difficulty very interesting lately.

Constant pressure..

to me I have the same feeling of success if I run away and survive a creature that would kill me the same as beating a creature in a fight..I think demolishers should be a random spawn in pois...

The cops do a lot of damage in these wooden houses when they explode. I don't want to know what a demolisher would do. Probably the whole house would collapse.

Archived