Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I bet the 5 dollars that the base would collapse. Demolishers failed me !!!

Well, I thought so too, and the Zds did a great job all things considered. But they just dont have enough dps to take that structure down with MM shooting constantly. Not with 12 alive at least.

I'm still waiting for MM to man up and raise the Zd alive count for his gameplay, but I'm pretty sure that HE doesn't have the ballz ahaha :fat: .

7 Days to Die, Day 91 horde night, Alpha 18. Sorry no demolishers spawned but Madmole had another epic blunder!

#7daystodie

Thank you for the video!

Lol, you fall through the one hole you had on the floor:biggrin-new: And, that was funny that you lost your turret, just when you were about to reload it. Probably not funny for you, but it made me giggle:joyous:

Congratulations on surviving:applause:

Really too bad about the demolishers, hopefully next horde, we'll be able to see how much damage they do when they explode.

Thank you for the video!

Lol, you fall through the one hole you had on the floor:biggrin-new: And, that was funny that you lost your turret, just when you were about to reload it. Probably not funny for you, but it made me giggle:joyous:

Congratulations on surviving:applause:

Really too bad about the demolishers, hopefully next horde, we'll be able to see how much damage they do when they explode.

I fell right into my blade traps. I needed that hole to wire them up (I wish wires could clip through anything when placing) and was going to put bars in before the horde started but I forgot lol.

7 Days to Die, Day 91 horde night, Alpha 18. Sorry no demolishers spawned but Madmole had another epic blunder!

#7daystodie

No spider zombies and no vultures as well. A free pass this time. You got pretty lucky. Just a couple Demolishers and I think that structure would be gone.

When I do pillar designs, I normally add an extra layer of protection using sheets rotated flat against the pillars. This quadruples the integrity with minimal loss of space.

May I advise you invest in some fully upgraded iron hatches (not steel) above the blade traps and steel block supports in case you ever find the time to repair them during horde night?

Awesome start though! Lol

Edit: Also, if you have the time, resources, and the space, you could place blade traps on the inside area of the base, attached to the sides of the steel block supports.

Oh you mean so I can open the hatch and the nailgun raycast could repair it? Good idea.

I'm not to keen on the dart traps, a lot of work putting them together and I just don't think they do enough damage. If I made a gauntlet with them on the sides at my old base and I opened the door and shot them but the dart traps flanked them as they walked on pressure plates I think they would be a lot better.

Oh you mean so I can open the hatch and the nailgun raycast could repair it? Good idea.

I'm not to keen on the dart traps, a lot of work putting them together and I just don't think they do enough damage. If I made a gauntlet with them on the sides at my old base and I opened the door and shot them but the dart traps flanked them as they walked on pressure plates I think they would be a lot better.

Darts do their best work in chokepoints/corridors.

If you're within reach, yes. Assuming nothing has changed, you should be well within reach.

Yeah, dart traps are best suited when you have the zombies funneled in a line. Not to mention that when it comes to dart traps, it doesn't matter what part of the zombies they hit; it always does equal damage, as far as I know.

I set them up so that a pair of them face each other. I use arrow slits to protect the front. Then I use 2 wires in between them. One wire is a tripwire to trigger the darts... the other is electric fence so that they stop for a moment to get hit by the darts. The darts won't hit crawlers and dogs most of the time, but they will still get zapped. Eventually, I set this up on all 4 sides.

Edit: It's best that each side has a separate input from the generator instead of daisy chaining so that if one side breaks, you're still covered on 3 sides.

#7daystodie

Well, it looks like some... MILK DRINKER, turned off the Demo guys... yeah...

But the design, surprisingly, showed itself to be good enough without the demos. :)

No spider zombies and no vultures as well. A free pass this time. You got pretty lucky. Just a couple Demolishers and I think that structure would be gone.

When I do pillar designs, I normally add an extra layer of protection using sheets rotated flat against the pillars. This quadruples the integrity with minimal loss of space.

Yeah it was a major rush to get it 80% done. I'm going to try a gauntlet trap at my old base next horde.

Well, it looks like some... MILK DRINKER, turned off the Demo guys... yeah...

But the design, surprisingly, showed itself to be good enough without the demos. :)

I didn't care for it, a lot of work and materials down the drain. Oh well back to the drawing board, I have some other ideas :)

Archived