Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The plan is we are going to start on it at some point in the future.

Oh. For some reason I was under the impression that they were planned for introduction in A19... and since dev is already underway, I assumed there was a timeline/workflow established.

I believe in incremental changes where they can be done, instead of ripping everything apart and having a bunch of down time for a system. The first bandits will probably be zombies with a new mesh, then add melee weapons, ranged weapons, new behaviors and so on until they are good enough.

Sounds like it's basically a blank slate at the moment. A get them working, see where it goes, and see what works kind of thing.

I may have jumped the gun on thinking about bandits.

Oh. For some reason I was under the impression that they were planned for introduction in A19... and since dev is already underway, I assumed there was a timeline/workflow established.

Sounds like it's basically a blank slate at the moment. A get them working, see where it goes, and see what works kind of thing.

I may have jumped the gun on thinking about bandits.

A18 has plenty of work left. Dev is not underway for A19 other than probably some of the art they are working on now.

Madmole,

Might want to update the store page. This tidbit is particularly outdated:

Improve – Increase your skills in a multitude of active and passive disciplines. 7 Days to Die is the only true survival RPG with over 60 multi-tiered skill and perk groups.

Also, I can't wait for Alpha 18! :D Going to be back to my home country in Friday just in time to watch the streams. Thank you TFP for wanting to make this game as good as possible. I got this game when it was A12, I was gifted it by a friend to play with him. Since then, I got 5 people to buy the game (one of them I gifted it). I'm hoping A18 will be the best version yet.

also we need to get this at 2000 pages before A18 comes out! lol

No, we really don’t. This is still not a place to ‘fill time’, raise one’s post count, or otherwise post for the sake of posting. There’s going to be enough catchup in the coming days. I urge us all not to spam the thread.

I really hope this isn't as horrible as it sounds...it's bad enough that a lot of games cause anyone with motion sickness to be nauseous, but adding in noises...Ugh

Yeah I'm going to have to figure out a way to turn this off immediately. I have to live with frequent bouts of nausea, never usually leads to anything more than that but hearing vomit sounds definitely will make me feel even more uncomfortable at the very least.

Everything else is sounding pretty great though. I can't wait to finally play this.

No, we really don’t. This is still not a place to ‘fill time’, raise one’s post count, or otherwise post for the sake of posting. There’s going to be enough catchup in the coming days. I urge us all not to spam the thread.

He's joking. Don't take it so seriously

Has everybody received their "Alpha 18 Complaints" Bingo card? We're playing blackout, but I still think that the winner will complete their card very quickly.

(I love the patch notes, and especially the way that TFP has been responsive to the player feedback. I still expect that people will not be satisfied...they never are.)

Edit: I'm particularly looking at "Gameplay Changes, sub.cat. Item Changes." No doubt there will be howls about "parts?!?" and "moar time in the inventory is not playing the game. raaaage!!!!"

Archived