Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Seems that Water physics is finally catching up. While it still looks cubed, the water is greatly improved.

Voxel Engine Water Physics #1

Another video with water that doesn't looks so blocky. Well the water anyway. :)

Water Physics Voxel World

No, my dear Liutenant Sills, 7dtd HAD those water physics, even better looking than those of course (a10 ish? I don't remember). They dropped fps badly with brutal fps spikes if you just digged a block because every water voxel needed to calculate the volume and elevation of the body voxel by voxel -among other things.

After some trial and error, TFP brought back block-friendly static water, which works just fine and as a placeholder doesn't suck as much.

That said, you are cute, no homo.

@MADMOLE there is a book called urban combat on the notes wasn't that a book that was removed in like a12? or lower

Urban combat , sounds like wear i live

Florida

more like crack head combat

SPEAKING OF CRACK HEAD!

this guy today killed someone because he burnt his food and his friend was laughing at him, he killed the guy and was arrested

"We changed encumbrance so players start with a full extra in new games so your penalized so quickly when you inventory is fills up."

"We’ve added a new compound crossbow which is a top tier crossbow that is loot or schematic craft only. Both bows and crossbows alike, can use flaming and exploding ammunition. Bows are governed by Agility now."

I NEED IT!!!!!!!!

You will be my human General my friend, we will accomplish a lot in this dimension.

TINY????? SOFT???? Oh man...you're in for it... (I use Dove soap btw)

Oh sorry man. Must have confused you with someone else. Tiny and soft.. must be SnowDog.

I'm really interested in watching the development of the bandits. AI was my area of focus in college and I may even go back soon for a master's degree.

Is there any plan of attack established yet? Will the bandits start out roaming the world, or will they be introduced along with bandit camps? Will bandit camps just randomly appear out of nowhere or will they actually be (behind the scenes) building them, or will they take over existing POIs? (by the way, this might be a good way to recycle POIs trashed from quests without them abruptly resetting to their original state)

Will bandits set up road blocks? What kind of events are likely to be implemented involving the bandits?

The plan is we are going to start on it at some point in the future.

I believe in incremental changes where they can be done, instead of ripping everything apart and having a bunch of down time for a system. The first bandits will probably be zombies with a new mesh, then add melee weapons, ranged weapons, new behaviors and so on until they are good enough.

Ummm sorry to burst your bubble but its not my first rodeo :)

I was referring to you having starting to think about how to make good use of automated defenses. I did castles and other boxes-bases in A10-12, since block building lends themself very well for that task. Castles can look very good and impressive, your's no exception, but when they start to be as defensive as a real castle would be, that's when it gets actually intresting. :smile-new:

In my opinion, and plays, i am not happy with a base before it is a place i would consider safe enough for living with a family in the zombie apocalypse.

What do you mean?

It's magic!! Or it's the mushrooms on the pizza I've been having.

BUT on a serious note

Thank you fun pimps for making the game and being dedicated to it!

seconded

also Joel you put m60 in the patch notes twice

He was reloading.

I noticed the last paragraph in the release notes under Stamina Balance looks like it may have been typed on a phone. Still gets the message across, I think...