Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

MM, I was thinking about the "spawn of something really scary at night" what about a really creepy Priest? You hear him in the dark whispering some creepy chant. [ATTACH=CONFIG]29226[/ATTACH]

Remember the old whispering sound effect? Lol that scared the ♥♥♥♥ out of me the first 100 times I heard it.

Something tells me that zombie nuns would have the same uproar in the forums as zombie children.

And of course, I would love it... religiously.

Something tells me that zombie nuns would have the same uproar in the forums as zombie children.

And of course, I would love it... religiously.

You think? Maybe it's playing with fire a little bit...But what is more despairing than seeing the hands of god turned into zombies?

The new A17 path system does not make paths along walls, because it would be slower and use more memory, which AI would need to climb walls. Jumping was added to compensate.

cool but iv been wondering about that

also..what is a spider zombie?

like was i just a person?

a athlete?

a crazy person?

me?

Criticizing current pop music is one of the signs you are getting old. Most pop music is trash regardless of when it was released. You only remember the good music from your childhood and not all the other garbage that was on the radio.

i only listen to music like from the 70's 80's and 90's

because that's the music iv been listing too my whole life lol

Gas is balanced now and you'll have to go out harvesting cars now to keep your gas supply up until you find a gas schematic and chem station to make shale into fuel.

Do schematics (like a gas recipe) allow you to learn the skill permanently or is it one use and go find another one?

And the chairs :) with 2 colors, one for the wood, another for the seat. Always found that very nice.

All the colors of the rainbow :p I actually did this on my IZEA build, which was inspired from comments here on the forum. Hopefully to be updated with more cool stuff from A18.

IZEA_Chairs.thumb.jpg.3320c3c4e4cb9f04b2393d44ed280cff.jpg

Criticizing current pop music is one of the signs you are getting old. Most pop music is trash regardless of when it was released. You only remember the good music from your childhood and not all the other garbage that was on the radio.

The music back in our day was much better and none of it sucked...that I remember. Now, get off my lawn!

I want something like the demolisher throwing smaller zombies at you. =P

Fastball Special.

Don't make it so he pulls the throwing zombies out of his ass, make him grab zombies around him to throw them. No zombies around him, no throwing.

Lets put them in loot, imagine hearing that noise when you open a chest?

Funny I modded that some time ago as a test and it was fun to see all the zombies come for you and get an actual screamer called just for opening the airdrop crate. Just did not find a way to let it fire just for that so it was every container and that was to much :)

I've felt strongly that there should be more variety in zombie appearance, a bit of a shot to immersion to have a horde of octuplet bikers sauntering your way in perfect unison.

In an ideal world, there would be variance in clothing, hair styles/color, height, even body/facial structures. (basically, as if each zombie walked out of a random character creator session). I'm sure that would be as expensive as hell, and would result in fewer zombies to balance performance, which of course no one wants.

Love the voxel world and the freedom it gives, but gosh darn it the price is high sometimes :)

Were you around when uma zombies were a thing? Back then this gave the flexibility to have alot more variation but it had its limitations. The HD zombies we have now are much better.

I think a poi screamer type would be cool. A puppeteer tangled in his own strings and porcelain dolls. The creepy clattering wakes every zombie in the poi. Throw in the child laughter from the wasteland.

what child laugh in the wasteland!??

all i hear is screams , wind , and a old banjo

and maybe there could be a male screamer

cuz those could be the child zombies people want!

and that wound be cool if they rarely spawned in POIs

maybe they would be more heavy sleepers

what child laugh in the wasteland!??

all i hear is screams , wind , and a old banjo

and maybe there could be a male screamer

cuz those could be the child zombies people want!

and that wound be cool if they rarely spawned in POIs

maybe they would be more heavy sleepers

when you get into a18exp go directly to the wastelands in navezgane... do not pass Go and do not collect $200... stay there until you think you have heard enough.. lets us know... also turn volume up on the headphones. :)

Archived