Summary: Unfocused view through bars

Version: A17.2 b27

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV): RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes, only small qty and recipe changes in the xml.

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: Whenever you look through wood bars, iron bars, or the fencing the view slowly goes out of focus. This happens with textures only a few meters away. Scoped in or not this still happens.

Reproduce steps: Walk up to any set of bars and look through. Wait about 5 seconds and it will happen.

Actual result: Textures within view will go out of focus and blur vision.

Expected result: At least textures within a given distance should stay in focus. Textures that are far off should slowly go out of focus but textures within 10 meters never should go out of focus.

I had a look at this and I think I know what the problem might be for you. Please check your depth of field settings. I've attached a photo to show what the difference is between depth of field being on/off. If this isn't the case here, please let me know. -Wretched Dollie, QA Tester TFP

w-wo-dof.jpg.88f370c897950f7b3e8eab495c4511a7.jpg

Summary: Dye mod doesn't affect vehicle appearance when placed down

Version: a17.2 b27

Game mode: MP Client - Dedi - RWG

Are you using any mods? CPM (only impacts server management)

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: When I put in a dye mod on my bicycle, the tint of it in the inventory does change in this case to blue, however when I actually place down in the world. The bicycle color is still the default yellow.

Reproduce steps:

1) Have a bicycle and a dye mod blue

2) Modify bicycle and put in the dye mod blue

3) Notice that the in the INVENTORY, the color of the vehicle is what it has been changed to blue

4) Place down vehicle in world

5) Notice that the color of the bicycle is still the default of yellow

Actual result: Color of vehicle not changing when placed in world with a dye mod installed

Expected result: Color of vehicle to have been changed in world when a dye mod installed

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/TPBa5VAd

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/uLd64wC

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

i just asked about this... not a bug and is being investigated/discussed further.

Summary: 1. invisible bodies & 2. upgrading poi roofs issues & 3. invisible block issues

Version:

Platform: (PC )

Game mode mphost

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (NO)

EAC on or off (either way)

Bug Description:

1. when wearing the white jacket the torso is completely invisible and you can see the backpack through the front of the jacket.

2. upgrading the roof of pois with metal roofs makes them turn into facing metal sheets and allows you to slip in from the roof

3. some pyramid blocks cause transparencies on buildings.

Reproduce steps:

1. if you put the white jacket on all stuff on your characters torso becomes invisible and you can see right through to the backpack on the back of your character.

2. if you climb onto the inclined roofs of pois with metal roofs you can upgrade he corregated metal from an incline to a 90 degree angle and access the building.

3. some pyramid blocks such as wedge tips, have one side thats transparent and when viewed through, the entire block is transparent.

a. technically it isnt a bug from my side of the game. so i'm unsure how my reports will help you fix either issue.

b. i'd get you screenshots, but i just wiped my game again.

c. yes i wiped my game, i'm making mods and between these mods i actually delete entire game files everywhere on my pc and reload the game from scratch. these bugs were in a brand new copy of the game on a singleplayer world with a completely unmodded game that was 100% brand new..

Actual result:

1. invisible torso

2. upgrade inclined roof to next tier flat metal panel roof

3. rotating wedge and tips causes flat side to become transparent

Expected result:

1. see literally anything on my characters torso, her bra, a tshirt.. no bra, anything)

2. upgrade to next tier incline roof

3. wedges and tips should not become transparent after rotating them.

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

NO, its there, in the vanilla game and is brought to you by your design team

actually we need far more then this... we do need screen shots of the block(s) in question and also a view of the poi where you find these issues.

we have to know where to look and at what to look and then hopefully we can repro the issue and get it reported. DBS screen shots are best if this is in navezgane for location reference.

#1 repro'd and reported

#2 repro'd and reported

#3 investigating still

thanks, hope you can help :)

Summary: Game freeze

Version: Latest

Game mode: SP

Are you using any mods? No

EAC On

Bug Description: Game freeze during blood moon

Reproduce steps: Game crashes on BM. Happens every time on this save. No issues during first BM night. Attached last 2 freezes.

https://pastebin.com/HhtrkFzc

https://pastebin.com/hS7AEyWm

Can you try with 16 zombies instead of 32 and let me know what happens? _Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

- late reply - did not see you guys respond. Problem persisted after reducing down to 12 zombies.

Summary: buff buffInjuryKnockdown1, buffInjuryKnockdown2 allow to see through terrain

Version:

Platform: PC, Mac

OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)

Are you using any mods? (yes/No)

EAC on

Reproduce steps:

1) dig underground

2) apply buffs buffInjuryKnockdown1, buffInjuryKnockdown2

Actual result: camera is out of terrain border

repro'd and reported

Summary: 1. invisible bodies & 2. upgrading poi roofs issues & 3. invisible block issues

Version:

Platform: (PC )

Game mode mphost

Are you using any mods? (NO)

EAC on or off (either way)

Bug Description:

1. when wearing the white jacket the torso is completely invisible and you can see the backpack through the front of the jacket.

2. upgrading the roof of pois with metal roofs makes them turn into facing metal sheets and allows you to slip in from the roof

3. some pyramid blocks cause transparencies on buildings.

Reproduce steps:

1. if you put the white jacket on all stuff on your characters torso becomes invisible and you can see right through to the backpack on the back of your character.

2. if you climb onto the inclined roofs of pois with metal roofs you can upgrade he corregated metal from an incline to a 90 degree angle and access the building.

3. some pyramid blocks such as wedge tips, have one side thats transparent and when viewed through, the entire block is transparent.

a. technically it isnt a bug from my side of the game. so i'm unsure how my reports will help you fix either issue.

b. i'd get you screenshots, but i just wiped my game again.

c. yes i wiped my game, i'm making mods and between these mods i actually delete entire game files everywhere on my pc and reload the game from scratch. these bugs were in a brand new copy of the game on a singleplayer world with a completely unmodded game that was 100% brand new..

Actual result:

1. invisible torso

2. upgrade inclined roof to next tier flat metal panel roof

3. rotating wedge and tips causes flat side to become transparent

Expected result:

1. see literally anything on my characters torso, her bra, a tshirt.. no bra, anything)

2. upgrade to next tier incline roof

3. wedges and tips should not become transparent after rotating them.

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

NO, its there, in the vanilla game and is brought to you by your design team

actually we need far more then this... we do need screen shots of the block(s) in question and also a view of the poi where you find these issues.

we have to know where to look and at what to look and then hopefully we can repro the issue and get it reported. DBS screen shots are best if this is in navezgane for location reference.

thanks, hope you can help :)

i am actually blocked and banned from posting images or links to images on the forums. I have no idea why. so I hope this video will work instead.

you can actually see the glitches right from the items pulled from the creative menu. so whichever pois have the blocks that are glitched have the glitch.

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=OeoYi2MhTqs&feature=share

yes the video does help a lot. i will investigate these issues and report them.

Summary: Learning points for attributes are miscalculated

Version: A17.2 b27

OS/Version: Windows 10 64Bit

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV): MP/RWG

Are you using any mods? NO

EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: The costs for buying strength attribute is miscalculated when you wear a cigar (which makes you look damn cool)

Reproduce steps: Get a cigar, get strength to level 3. The next level costs 1 point, wear the cigar, suddenly the next level costs 2 points.

Actual result: Points are calculated on your current strength level, instead of your base level. Not tested with other things like the googles. But likely to occur then, too

Expected result: Costs be the same, as your learned level isn't increased by smoking a cigar.

A17.2_2019-03-18_21-22-13.thumb.jpg.cb810399aabcbdb2f6a6a8b14fbd9533.jpg

A17.2_2019-03-18_21-22-30.thumb.jpg.d145444dbe58ebe5375150fc49711e66.jpg

Thanks for reporting this. What is happening here is the two costs are not matching. It actually only charged me 1 point even tho it says 2 at the top. I'll work on this and get a bug reported, but not sure a fix will be implemented for 17 since that buy area will change in 18. -Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

Summary: Mouse/aim latency increases with increasing armor penalty stats.

Version: 17.2 stable (probably started with a17.0)

OS/Version: Windows 7

Game mode: SP/client on dedi (RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? No (17.1 RWG)

Did you start a new game? No (17.1 RWG with a map reset)

EAC on or off? EAC Off

Input method: Mouse & Keyboard Input

Mouse input: Raw

Bug Description:

Mouse aim latency increases with armor penalty stats.

It feels like some form of a non-linear deceleration was added with armor penalty stats.

Zero armor penalty gives the lowest mouse aim latency while a high armor penalty gives the most noticeable latency added.

Reproduction steps:

1) Find and use a low latency gaming mouse (i.e. Logitech G900).

2) Turn off all mouse acceleration in windows.

3) Turn off all mouse acceleration for the gaming mouse (i.e. Logitech drivers)

4) Connect the mouse directly (wired) to a "native" USB2 port (avoid USB 3 to reduce chances of interference/driver issues).

5) Turn on raw mouse input for 7days.

6) Do (fast) mouse aiming tests with all armor removed.

7) Wear the heaviest and highest armor penalty armor set you can get ingame (I tested with unmodded military armor, didn't try heavy).

8) Do (fast) mouse aiming tests with the armor set equipped.

9) Repeat between aiming with and without armor (steps 6-8).

Actual result:

Mouse aiming has increased latency, or some sort of a weird acceleration/deceleration added when armor penalty stats is added.

It almost feels like mouse input was treated the same as console controller thumbsticks for armor penalty calculations where acceleration/deceleration was added/altered.

Expected result:

Mouse aim latency should NOT be affected by armor penalty stats (zero acceleration/deceleration added).

Turning and aiming should not be affected by armor penalty stats, at least not acceleration/deceleration as that defeats the purpose of having "raw input" & no acceleration options available.

Note:

I am unsure if weapon penalty stats also causes the same acceleration/deceleration/latency.

Summary: Random game frame freeze (every few minutes) & partial workaround

Version: 17.2 stable

OS/Version: Windows 7 and Windows 10

Game mode: SP/client on dedi (RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? No (17.1 RWG)

Did you start a new game? No (17.1 RWG with a map reset)

EAC on or off? EAC Off

Bug Description:

During gameplay as well as prefab editor modes, the game will occasionally freeze for 1-2 frames irrespective of FPS, hardware (nVidia/AMD GPUs) and OS (Win7, Win10), RAM etc.

Reproduction steps & Actual result:

Play the game in any of the game modes or start the prefab editor. The game will freeze for 1-2 frames every few minutes.

Expected result:

The game should not freeze during any of the gameplay modes.

!! Workaround: !!

Turning off texture streaming will remove the random game freezes.

We tested and confirmed this fix with four different PCs/setups.

Known bug for workaround:

Unfortunately turning off texture streaming will lead to game crashes after extended game-play sessions (1-3 hours?).

I am unable to figure out what causes these freezes; however system RAM / video RAM free space may be related.

Crashes due to this change can range from a simple game freeze/crash (terminate-able) to whole system hangs.

Edit/update:

The above fix (texture streaming off) works most of the time. Unfortunately the random freezing comes back if the game runs for a while (around an hour) and if the game did not crash. A restart of the game keeps the freezing away for a while.

Summary: Structural collapse due to incompletely loaded map chunks/regions (rare and very annoying).

Version: 17.2 stable (bug since a17.0)

OS/Version: Windows 7 and Windows 10

Game mode: SP as well as client on dedi (RWG and NAV)

EAC on or off? EAC On or Off, doesn't matter.

Bug Description:

"Overhang" structures crossing two map chunks (or even regions) may collapse/destabilize if chunk loading was incomplete when physics/weight calculations initiate.

This bug could be responsible for some of the previously reported unusual structure collapse/integrity issues by other players.

Reproduction steps:

1) Start a single-player game. This makes it easier to backup and run the test as well as repeat the test.

2) Turn on the in-game information popup which shows the current map chunk (I think the key was F8 or F9?).

3) Create an obvious and long overhang structure such that the overhang is predominantly in a different chunk from the support.

Example: a metal based rotated "L" shape. This structure must be stable upon completion.

4) Recreate the same structure nearby, however, keeping all blocks of the structure within the same map chunk.

5) Save and backup the game/map.

6) Log in-game, move far away so that the structures disappears from view. Ideally double the distance so the structure is unloaded from memory.

7) Return to the structures until they are in view and all details loaded. The return direction needs to be positioned to see the overhang containing chunk before the support chunk.

8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the overhang structure crossing the two map chunks collapses.

The overhang structure crossing two map chunks WILL collapse when the game loads the chunk containing the overhang before loading the chunk containing the support, while physics recalculations for weight starts and finishes before the support chunk is loaded.

Actual result:

The collapse will happen eventually and will require multiple tries.

This is down to luck which chunk (support or overhang) is loaded first, then requires the physics/weight calculations to start and finish before the support chunk is loaded.

If the overhang containing chunk is loaded before the support containing chunk, AND the physics/weight calculations are redone before the support structure has been loaded, the overhang will collapse.

Environmental complexity around these two chunks will play a role in increasing / decreasing the chances of witnessing this bug. Unfortunately I am unable to dedicate the time needed to test this extra variable.

Expected result:

Overhangs properly supported by supports within weight limits should not collapse due to an incompletely loaded map, whether it be chunks or regions.

The physics calculations should not initiate until chunk loading has been completed.

Devs, item modifiers are missing an critical features that prevents mod from stacking

While you can xpath into item_modifiers.xml and @name the stacknumber and change the value, the modifiers and dyes WILL and DO stack.

The issue, is these items do not have the quantity indicator in the lower right corner, like A16 schematics, or today's engines and so on. So while mods and dyes do stack, the amount is not displayed, so you dont know how many there are without separating them one by one.

Not to mention, I heard someone could place an entire stack into one mod slot, and lose the remaining. I have not confirmed that..

So hopefully that can be addressed in the next patch. Those items really do need to be stacked.

Thank you

I put in a request for new feature for this. -Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

Summary: no connection MP servers

Version: 17.2 (b27) or even Stable

Platform: (PC)

Game mode, mp client (RWG or NAV)

Are you using any mods? (/No)

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: when i try to connect to public servers, all i get is a "connecting to..." message stuck permanently, it doesnt change in any way. the files wont load, even i tried removing SteamNetWorking as a disabled function, but the problem remains. this bug apply to Navezgane servers and RWG.

the only way i can connect to MP is in peer to peer servers.

Reproduction steps:

1. enter Multiplayer Lobby.

2. choose a Public Server.

3. Join the server.

Expected result:

Unstuck message, Files loading properly. game starting normally.

Actual result:

"Connecting to..." message stuck. Files dont load. the game doesnt start, or even throws me to the main menu.

There is a ticket for this one. Thanks! -Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

Summary: the health is drop in down after using a splint

Version: 17.2 (b27)

Platform: (PC)

Game mode, mp client

Are you using any mods? (/No)

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: when i use a splint after i broke my leg or i use it when i am ok still my health go down. fyi...i dont have bleed,infection or death trauma. I try to use some normal bandages after the split and the health go up.

hi op...

here is my steps to test this.

1. new character and new map seed in a17.2b27

2. no mods/attachments found or used

3. all vanilla settings except zombies off for this test

4. climbed to top of barn and jumped

5. recieved broken leg (hp dropped to 84 and stayed there)

6. applied splint and got the leg cast buff

7. my hp does not continue to drop as you described

part 2 test

1. new map seed

2. applied splint and nothing happened (no cast buff and drop in hp)

do you have a video showing your issue in a17.2b27?

Summary: Quest Spawned Entities Killed by Buffs Fail to Reward Kills

Game mode: SP, NAV (occurs on all)

Did you wipe old saves? YES

Did you start a new game? YES

Did you validate your files? YES

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: Quests/Challenges involving the killing of entities spawned by that quest/challenge do not count any kills by "Buff". This bug occurs with all buff kills. In the screenshot, the Molotov Cocktail is used to produce the example. Added second example using Torch (torch fire buff).

Reproduce steps: Start any quest/challenge requiring the killing of entities spawned by that quest/challenge then subdue the entities using any damage Buff weapon/item (Molotov Cocktail is straightforward).

Actual result: Buff Kills are not counted toward Quest Entity Kill Counter, resulting in failed/impossible to complete quests/challenges using any kind of damage Buff.

Expected result: The ability for a player to kill a quest spawned entity by any means they prefer, unless specifically required otherwise by that quest.

A17-2-2019-03-14-17-30-29.jpg

A17-2-2019-03-14-18-00-25.jpg

tested and repro'd and reported

All non-host players become immune to zombie damage whenever changing their appearance

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? yes

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? yes

EAC on or off ? Tested BOTH

This bug keeps popping up on other sites and FB, but is not being addressed here. The host of a game is immune to this bug, and it does not apply to Servers, only normally hosted games. All non-host players become immune to zombie damage whenever changing their appearance or using a headlight or flashlight (which also changes the avatar appearance). The player remains immune to damage until the host comes within 100 meter range (which is the max visibility of the character) or until the player quits out and reenters the game. Any player within 100 meters of the host is immune to this bug, but all players outside of this range DO become immune to damage after changing their armor/clothing/light-- basically anything that changes the avatar's physical appearance.

I have discovered several things that may help TFPs solve the problem of players becoming immune to damage. This is an ongoing issue since the latest a17 update which makes the game unplayable...

THIS IS TESTING FOR A BUG THAT MAKES A PLAYER IMMUNE TO ZOMBIE DAMAGE AFTER CHANGING THEIR APPEARANCE:

1) The bug triggers immediately upon your character's physical appearance changing. (i.e. When donning new armor/clothing or activating a headlamp).

2) The bug "pauses" when the host comes within VIEWING distance of the player which appears to be about 100 meters. The instant the player leaves the render range of the host (100+ meters), the player immediately becomes immune to damage again. The host returning to rendering range of the player again "pauses" the bug and makes the player vulnerable to damage.

3) It happens on all computers, regardless of who is hosting.

4) It happens on both LAN and P2P games (including non-friends who are hosting from other states).

5) I have no interest on playing on a server, but I have tested it, and since there is technically NO HOST, I have not been able to trigger the bug at all. But, again, my family is not interested in playing on a server when our game worked perfectly without this problem for 16+ other alpha installations. so I've not tested this.

6) The IMMUNITY BUG does not happen to the host... ever.

CONCLUSION >>> We've had 5 people testing this every which way possible to narrow this down and cannot find a solution. The problem is definitely somehow related to character appearance change within render distance of the host.

I've been playing on 5 copies for me, wife, and kids, since Alpha 4 and we have never had this issue until the last update! So... FFS PLEASE address this game-breaking problem already.

Normally we don't check anything someone has tested with mods so this might be why noone ever looked at your reports before. I was curious though, and I thought this was a really nice report until I got to the end. -Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

Summary: collapsing buildings in the coastal area of the forest biome

Version: Latest

Game mode: SP Navezgane

EAC Off

Tested on two systems: 1060 6gb, i5-7400, 16gb and 2070 8gb, i7-8700, 16gb. Last time i died in Jimbo's Ice, a two-storey building near the shore in the forest biome, collapsed when a zombie started hitting the wall and i was buried under rubble. I decided to test the same buildings on different systems and the bug is still there, also every second boat just selfdestructs when i touch anything. Could someone tell me which places i should avoid in Navezgane that are known to be bugged, as I always play with one life and dying again to random structural integrity bug would be very frustrating. Thank you

I was curious, so I did have a look at this one even though the report form wasn't used and proper repro steps were missing. The only thing that collapsed for me was the boat (reported already). I am not sure how you got this to happen. I used the super digger and went all around the outside walls and foundation, but no collapse. -Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

OS/Version: Windows7

Game mode: prefab editor

EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: textures on all offset plates do a funny on the north and souths, is worse on the underside. persists through paint.

Reproduce steps: pick any offset plate block. placement preview is fine, but not placement.

84d9870605.jpg

4f34371d98.jpg

Claim Block Allows Zombies to Still Spawn Solved?

Summary: (When claim block is placed and bldg is cleared, sleepers or birds still spawn)

Version: A17 B27

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off ? On

Reproduce steps: Clear desired bldg, place claim block, check for sleepers after 3 days.

Problem is only after you activate the claim block to check green coverage area and then turn it off once again.

OS/Version: Windows7

Game mode: prefab editor

EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: wood window trim top and wood window trim top fancy defy paint.

b8d4a7a798.jpg

Summary: Metal Catwalk Rails Un paintable In Certain Rotations

Version: A17.2 B27

Game mode, client on dedi RWG

Are you using any mods? yes Simple UI Modlets

EAC off

Bug Description:Metal Catwalk Rails cannot be painted in certain rotations

Reproduce steps:Place down catwalk rail then paint place another but rotate 1. Rince repeat until you find all the rotations that are unpaintable.

Actual result: Can't Paint Metal Catwalk Rails in every rotation

Expected result: Able to paint from any rotation.

Version: A17.2 (b27)

Game mode: SP/RWG

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Hidden Strike -> Sneak Attacks not working properly

Reproduce steps: Go out in the night, sneak on a zombie, shoot an arrow to it and Sneak Attack works, then sneak backwards for some seconds without letting the zombie see you, shoot another arrow and Sneak Attack does not work anymore even when you haven't been spoted by that zombie.

Actual result: Hidden Strike -> Sneak Attack only works for the first shot, making that perk a bit useless.

Expected result: Hidden Strike -> Sneak Attack should work for every shot on an entity that has not spotted you.

Version: A17.2 (b27)

Game mode: SP/RWG

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Traders closed on day time.

Reproduce steps: Not sure how to reproduce this, is something that just happens.

Actual result: Went to a trader and it was closed at day time. I started a different game with a different seed and got the same thing but this time the trader had the OPEN sign on but the door was closed.

Expected result: Traders to be open on day time.

1st seed: https://imgur.com/blsawPz

2nd seed: https://imgur.com/5ZkrxHw

Summary: Cable vertical rotations are horizontal

Version: 17.2 B29

Game mode, sp

Did you start a new game? yes

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? no

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: The "cable" block can only be placed horizontally, even when showing vertical rotations.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) Get cable from creative

2) Use advanced rotations and rotate until you get a vertical rotation

3) Place it

Actual result: Placed cable is horizontal

Expected result: Placed cable is vertical

A17.2_2019-04-01_16-09-09.jpg.496fb18b1db29dba6aec9db00a6bbb5e.jpg

Archived