OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: mp host

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off Off

Bug Description: Gyrocopter freezes after client exits vehicle

Reproduce steps: Let player that joined my game fly around in the gyrocopter. Whenever they exit the gyrocopter it freezes in place. When they accidentally exited the copter 40 blocks off the ground it just stuck there. You can still pick it up or hop in to fly - you just have to nerd pole to get to it. Copter works exactly as it should if I am plying it (both host and 'owner' of the vehicle). This was not the case with the 4x4 - either player could drive it without said side effect.

Actual result: Gyro-copter freezes when client exits.

Expected result: Gyrocopter to obey physics no matter who flys it.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

known issue and already reported

Summary: Catwalk at trader leads to player "invisible" wall when trying to exit

Version: a17.2 b27

Game mode: MP Client - Dedi - RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Are you using any mods? CPM (for server admin moderation only)

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: When exiting the trader, the catwalk and low overhang of the trader door causes an "invisible" wall effect

Reproduce steps:

1) Find a trader

2) Enter the actual trader trailer

3) Look carefully at where the block painted like a duct and the catwalk meet

4) Exit the trader

5) Continuously having to press "W" key to exit trader due to an "invisible" wall effect

Actual result: Due to the way of the placement of the catwalk and block, an "invisible" wall effect can happen when attempting to exit the trailer in which the trader is in.

Expected result: No "invisible" wall effect.

Pastebin output: https://pastebin.com/7h02bfJ9

Video: https://youtu.be/-I98DDAyLIY

known issue and already reported

Small non-game breaking bug - I keep getting an encumbered message when I am not encumbered. The encumbered symbol comes up too. No idea how to replicate.

That happens occasionally, but I found (for me) it disappears after a reconnect.

Be sure not to have a freezing buff that affects encumbering.

Summary: Player can glitch through terrain and see through sometimes

Version: a17.2 b27

Game mode: MP Client - Dedi - RWG

Are you using any mods? CPM (for server admin moderation only)

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: Player can glitch through terrain if manage to dig in a certain way.

Reproduce steps:

1) Dig a straight line about 6 meters

2) Dig down 3 blocks in a straight line

3) Crouch and dig the bottom block/terrain

4) Get up close to dug terrain you should be able to get inside while still crouched

5) Dig out terrain directly facing you again while still crouched

6) While still crouched you can again be able to move inside, wiggle around and eventually you'll be able to glitch

Pastebin output: https://pastebin.com/UXs2G5yj

Video: https://youtu.be/O0MOBKW5uCk

Unsure if this still exists, last I noticed was in 17. Can't remember what version specifically..

No mods.

PC

RWG

But if you rotate a door upside down (To get double doors), it's out one block, and sinks through the ground.

Also if you have a chainsaw 6 with all mod slots filled, you don't get the bonus yield from trees when destroying them.

Summary: Control of the character stops occasionally and you stand there motionless

Version: 17.1 and 17.2 B27

Plattform: PC

OS / Version: Windows

Map: RWG

My group has been having this issue as well.

Version: 17.2 B27

Plattform: PC

OS / Version: Windows

Map: NAV

Dedi server

wiped saves and started new game

That happens occasionally, but I found (for me) it disappears after a reconnect.

Be sure not to have a freezing buff that affects encumbering.

Yes, many of us in our group of 9 also noted this. Didn't know how to proceed with BR. Can't find any 'common denominator' at all, except that its intermittent.

Summary: Wooden Window Bug

Version: 17.2

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10 x64

Game mode: SP RWG and NAV

Did you validate your files? Yes

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description:

When you create a Wooden Window it requires "4 Wood Units".

But, when you place it, you hit the window and the glass breaks. (Go to the "Destroyed Window" block), so you get glass.

You break the window again, (switch to the "Wooden Window Frame" block), and again you get glass.

When you definitely destroy the "Window Frame", only then do you get wood.

Reproduce steps:

1_ Create Wood Window

2_ Place Wooden Window

3_ Hit the Wooden Window

4_ Hit the Window Again

5_ Completely Destroy Window

Screenshots:

1_ https://imgur.com/jekaZNX

2_ https://imgur.com/EnMguUx

3_ https://imgur.com/E4UDDFc

4_ https://imgur.com/V1DF88Q

Resulting Objects:

8-10 "Destroyed Glass" Units

Expected result:

Fix the recipe to ask for "Wood" and "Glass" in requirements.

confirmed and reported

twice yesterday when playing and using wooden frames to get to a loot bag on top of something, i ended up inside the wooden frame and could not move. was able to mouse around until i got "press e to pick up " message and was able to pick up block.

Also crashed again. alt tab to the game window and a small windows style header bar with "7 days to die" . no response and have to end task and restart game. have previously linked log file. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?110709-Alpha-17-2-Experimental-B27-bug-reporting-thread&p=952893&viewfull=1#post952893

Hey all, sorry if this has been reported. I tried looking but couldn't see anything referring to it.

Summary: When smelting in a forge, you can put something with a low melting point and once the timer starts, swap it for something with a high melting point for the low melting point time.

Version: 17.2(b27)

OS/Version: Windows 10 Pro

Game mode MP Client (Was by myself when discovered)

Are you using any mods? Yes

Bug Description: When smelting in the forge. I discovered that if you put raw iron ore in (melt time of 00:10) and wait until it ticks down to 9 seconds. Quickly take something with a high melting point (I used a level 1 Wrench which has a melt time of 04:00) and place it in the slot which held the low melting point item (in this case, the slot which previously held the iron), you will now smelt whatever you want for only 00:10.

Reproduce steps:

1) Turn on a forge and place raw iron ore in a smelting slot

2) Once the 00:10 timer starts, place anything else in the slot which can be smelted (Do not remove the item, place the new item on top of the old item)

3) After 00:10, whatever the item was or however long it should take, the item will be smelted in 00:10

Hey all, sorry if this has been reported. I tried looking but couldn't see anything referring to it.

Summary: When smelting in a forge, you can put something with a low melting point and once the timer starts, swap it for something with a high melting point for the low melting point time.

Version: 17.2(b27)

OS/Version: Windows 10 Pro

Game mode MP Client (Was by myself when discovered)

Bug Description: When smelting in the forge. I discovered that if you put raw iron ore in (melt time of 00:10) and wait until it ticks down to 9 seconds. Quickly take something with a high melting point (I used a level 1 Wrench which has a melt time of 04:00) and place it in the slot which held the low melting point item (in this case, the slot which previously held the iron), you will now smelt whatever you want for only 00:10.

Reproduce steps:

1) Turn on a forge and place raw iron ore in a smelting slot

2) Once the 00:10 timer starts, place anything else in the slot which can be smelted (Do not remove the item, place the new item on top of the old item)

3) After 00:10, whatever the item was or however long it should take, the item will be smelted in 00:10

This is, AFAIK, an old and known bug. Forge and mixer carfting/smelting times are basically broken. The bug/feature you mentioned is rather handy when, for example, I want to smelt a radiator in just a few seconds. Put something in that only takes a few seconds, and before the time is up stick in the radiator (or whatever). Two seconds later it's done.

I've also noticed that when I put stuff in the forge or a mixer, it sometimes runs at what seems to be 10x speed. If I close the interface to the forge/mixer, and open it up again, the smelting/crafting/mixing speed is greatly reduced. Sometimes I'll start a huge forge job and just leave the interface open because it smelts/crafts ten times faster. (did any of that make sense?). I go get a sandwich or something, and when I return my 45 minute crafting job is done in five minutes.

Summary: Chunks stop loading when riding bicycle (perhaps other vehicles) into them

Version:

Game mode: MP Dedicated RWG mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV)

EAC is on

Bug Description: While riding bicycle, sometimes the area head will stop loading stuff, such as grass, trees, other vegetation, rocks, boulders, etc. and will not let me move forward any further, if not bouncing me backwards. Getting off the bike causes the area ahead to begin loading. Not sure if other vehicles do this.

Reproduce steps: Get on a bicycle, ride until stuff stops loading on terrain and you can't go forward any further. Get off bike to get it to load and allow you to proceed.

Actual result: Stuff stops loading in while riding bicycle

Expected result: Stuff should load in without having to get off bicycle

We are getting this on the majority of servers. Some are running existing worlds and some created new worlds. After update they initially loaded/created worlds and the loaded and could be joined. Then they would get this error after a crsah

https://gyazo.com/46ac187a5a4ed20cc3f749da53772eb8

https://gyazo.com/8f9366574bd0c3b428aee0302f65e8c6

The error code 112 means that there is no more space left on the device.

Check if there is enough space on the server hard disk.

Summary: Exact Damage Not Triggering Resource 'Explosion'

Version: 17.2 b27

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi: Single Player, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? No, I have some old saves but I did wipe the save I used for testing this in between tests.

Did you validate your files? Unsure

EAC on or off ? Unsure

Bug Description: I discovered that when harvesting resources, if the tool being used reduces the hit points of the block to exactly zero, the 'bonus' resources obtained via destroying the block are not credited.

Reproduce steps: Use any combination of Strength points and Miner 69'r levels to make block damage into a multiple of block health, then harvest block. Examples include:

~Iron Pickaxe on stone with +20% damage or +140% damage (resulting in block damage of 50 or 100, respectively)

~Iron Fireaxe on wood with +0%, +50%, +100%, +150% (damage will be 60/90/120/150, and tree health is always a multiple of 300)

Actual result: (With Mother Lode level 5) Using an iron pickaxe with Strength 8 and Miner 69'r level 5 results in block damage of 98 and harvesting a stone block (HP: 500) yields 109 small stones and 4 raw iron after 6 swings. Upgrading Strength to 9 increases block damage to exactly 100 (technically 100.8 rounded, but 100 as the game tracks). Harvesting a block of stone now yields 55 small stones and 2 raw iron in 5 swings, with no additional resources being given upon block destruction. Increasing Strength to 10 results in block damage of 105 and a harvest yield of 101 small stones and 4 raw iron. As a separate, but related, issue: this creates a game state wherein leveling up actually reduces your resource yield and mining experience.

Expected result: The amount of resources gained from harvesting a block should be independent of the rate the block is harvested. Whether it takes 12 swings or 5 to destroy, a stone block should always yield the same amount of resources.

QA Tester-unholyjoe The lighting from the headlights of vehicles is disgusting. It’s hard to see at night. Add this to Known Issues, let the developer fix it.

on my vanilla game in our latest test builds i am seeing it rather dark (but it is still do-able), maybe there will be mods later to compensate (like high beams low beams type or clear glass mod for light).

i submitted a report for dev's investigation.

The lighting from the headlights of vehicles is disgusting. It’s hard to see at night. Add this to Known Issues, let the developer fix it.

Have a play of A14 / A15, that light was nice, but it was nerfed. Same with head lamps.

Not sure if this is known as well.

When playing solo, if you deal with your horde on the blood moon (no more spawn after the initial rush) then leave the game. Enter your game again the blood moon horde appears to reset and acts as if you didn't just do your horde. Easy XP and loot farming if intended.

Another is how glass works with a light source behind it.

Here is an image of what the scene looks like at night...

2wp2jgx.jpg

Here is the same viewpoint from inside my base, looking through glass with a torch in the background...

2elfbzq.jpg

I shouldn't be able to see better through the glass as I do. My gamma is set to 52.

Summary: Broken textures on offset blocks.

Platform: (PC)

Game mode, mp host (NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

EAC off

Bug Description:All the offset type blocks in game have broken textures. The texture remains broken after painting it as well.

Reproduce steps:

1 - Take out some offset blocks from the creative menu.

2 - Adjust it so that the block lays flat on the ground.

3 - See that the texture looks normal in the preview, but when you actually set the block down, the texture look broken.

Actual result: Broken textures on offset blocks.

Expected result: Expected normal textured blocks.

Video of me showing what I mean.

Summary: Favorite servers are shy

Version: 16.4, 17, 17.1, 17.2 (and maybe other versions)

Game mode, mp client (RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? yes

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? no

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: "Favorite" servers sometimes don't show up in the favorite server list. Going back to the main menu and clicking Join A Game again will eventually fix it (usually right away).

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) Favorite a server that is online;

2) Start 7d2d

3) Click Join a Server

4) Switch to favorites tab

Actual result: *sometimes* the favorited server will not show up

Expected result: favorited server will always show up

Summary: game crashes to a gray screen forcing me to restart my pc after playing for around 30 minutes

Version: all versions after A17E

Game mode, sp both RWG and NAV

Did you wipe old saves? yes

EAC on

Bug Description:

after about 30 minutes of playing my game will crash towards a gray screen forcing me to restart my entire pc. this happends on any map.

Summary: Helmet light broken by water purifier on iron and steel helmet

Platform: (PC)

Game mode, MP dedi server(NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

EAC on

Bug Description: When using the iron or steel helmet with a helmet light and then add the water purifier the helmet light no longer functions.

Reproduce steps:

1 - Take a iron or steel helmet with a helmet light mod and verify that when wearing you can turn the light on and off.

2 - install water purifier mod on to the helmet

3 - wear the helmet and turning the light on or off has no effect

4 - remove the water purifier mod and the light now works again

Actual result: helmet light gets disabled by water purifier

Expected result: helmet light should work with all helmet mods

a query why can not I run and jump at the same time? I am in the stable 17.2 b27

hi Ayrton,

here's my video that shows i can run and jump at same time:

as i show in my video i can run and jump as long as i have stamina... do you have any mods that may affect this or in game ailments or items that may cause an issue?

any and all info can help but you offered none.

Summary: Insta-complete queue in concrete mixer

Version: A17.2 B27

Platform: (PC or Mac) PC

OS/Version: Windows 7 Ultimate

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV) RWG mp client

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) No

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) No

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes

Are you using any mods? (yes/No) No

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description:

Accidentally found out how to insta-complete concrete mixer crafting

Reproduce steps:

Queued up several stacks, in my case I had ~200 concrete mix left in 3 mixers each. Queued another 999 twice in each mixer. Had cement left over and decided to re-balance the load and cancelled the first order in each queue and distributed what I had left between all mixers. When I opened each mixer a few seconds later (probably after the first item in the next stack had been made) all mixers had completed all stacks, ~2.5k in each mixer. Haven't tested yet if that works in other queues.

Update: Ok, verified that this works for workbenches too:

Queued 5 iron spikes and then 50 iron spikes. Cancelled the order of 5. Closed workbench. Waited until craft time for one spike had passed, opened workbench, all 50 spikes completed.

a query why can not I run and jump at the same time? I am in the stable 17.2 b27

hi Ayrton,

here's my video that shows i can run and jump at same time:

as i show in my video i can run and jump as long as i have stamina... do you have any mods that may affect this or in game ailments or items that may cause an issue?

any and all info can help but you offered none.

it's very strange that I can run but not jump and when I stop if I can jump

Archived