Alpha 17.2 B27 bug reporting thread

The Fun Pimp

Summary: Vehicle Issues

Version: current stable

Game mode: MP client - RWG - Dedi

Did you wipe old saves? y

Did you start a new game? y

Did you validate your files? y

Are you using any mods? y - CPM (for server moderation only)

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: We are having problems with vehicles still.

*Very rarely do we have one stuck in the ground, it's maybe 1% of the issues for them.

*About 10% of the problem is a vehicle floating into the air. If left unchecked they will be thousands of blocks into the air, according to entity list. Admins can teleport the vehicle back to the ground (using the CPM mod because the default game commands don't allow for non-player teleporting!!) so players can get on them or pick them up. If the vehicle isn't interacted with after teleporting, then it often begins to float back up again.

*The largest problem we are having is the vehicles becoming un-interactable. Sometimes it happens when a player logs back in and tries to use their vehicle, other times they get off for a moment, and when they try to get back on they can't interact with it. 99% of the time, if an admin teleports the vehicle, it will become intractable again. (I say 99% because I've had this fail once, and had to destroy it.)

We've tried to replicate it, but it just seems to happen randomly, and we haven't seen any error codes related to whatever is going on. This can happen to any of the vehicles. I'd say it's mostly Jeeps, Motorcycles, and Gyros, but it happens to Bikes & minibikes too, just not as often (which is likely because not many people bother with using them.)

Stamina keeps dropping after aiming with bow

Version: 17.2 B27 Stable

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode, MP client on dedicated server

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? ??

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off? On

Status: Old - Reported on 17.1 B9 as well when no mods were on server

Bug Description: When right clicking to stop aiming with a bow the screen will show that I'm no longer aiming but the game treats it like I am still aiming with bow drawn and stamina keeps dropping. I can regain stamina by switching to another item and then back.

Reproduce steps: Equip a bow, right click to aim, and then draw the bow and either shoot or press R to release and right click to stop aiming. Stamina keeps dropping until you switch to another item and let it fully equip then stamina will start to increase and you can switch back to the bow.

Link to log file: [https://pastebin.com/55pHuLjk

Link to video: https://streamable.com/krrh6

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

known issue and already reported. have faith and patience

Bow Ammo Duplication / Fail to Switch Ammo

Summary: Bow Ammo Duplication / Fail to Switch Ammo

Version: 17.2 (b27)

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: SP, NAV (occurs on all)

Did you wipe old saves? YES

Did you start a new game? YES

Did you validate your files? YES

Are you using any mods? NO

EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: Using a Bow (Catapult / Launcher Class) and switching Ammo (Projectile) the previously loaded Projectile is fired from the Bow instead of the newly loaded Projectile. This applied to all three bows: Wooden Bow, Compound Bow, Crossbow.

This results in duplication of the Projectile (sticky retrieval) and unintended Damage + Effects, as the proper Ammo isn't being fired.

**Pretty certain the Rocket Launcher is affected too, being a Launcher class with Projectiles.

Reproduce steps: Load a Projectile into any of the Bows then switch to a different Projectile. Upon firing the bow, the previously loaded Projectile Ammo will be fired instead of the newly loaded. Switching off and back onto the Bow within the Toolbar results in the proper ammo firing.

Actual result: The previously loaded Projectile Ammo is fired instead of the newly loaded.

Expected result: The correct Projectile is fired from the bow instead of the previously loaded.

SHORT VIDEO DEMO:

Summary: NullReferenceException spammed in console during horde night with electric fences turned on and active

Version: a17.2 b27

Game mode: MP Client - Dedi - RWG

Are you using any mods? CPM (only impacts server management)

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: When electric fences were on and shocking the zombies, the console was spammed with NullReferenceException.

Reproduce steps:

1) Set-up electric fences at a horde base

2) Turn on in preparation for horde night

3) Wait for zombies to enter and be shocked by the electric fences

4) Become possibly spammed with the NullReferenceException error

Actual result: NullReferenceException error being spammed in console during horde night

Expected result: Console not to be spammed

Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/dkv5ir2H

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/AV2HJ9T

Video: https://youtu.be/tES30t4RlmM

Summary: Healing fall damage

Version: Latest

Win 10

Game mode SP

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off On

Bug Description: Character heals after falling

Reproduce steps:

Take damage

Fall from height of exactly 15 blocks

land on hay bail

Character heals about 8 hp

A fall from 16 blocks seems to heal 1 or 2 hp still but the effect is much smaller. Any other height and the effect is not detectable. Status does not seem to matter - tested and confirmed on 2 games with splinted and broken legs as well. Fall still heals. I have no points in agility or parkour and do not know if that effects the outcome here.

Actual result: Falling healing

Expected result: No damage from that height

Thanks for the report. Put in a ticket for this. -Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

Summary: Large memory use, crash when quitting

Version: A17.2 b27

OS/Version: Windows 7

Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you validate your files? No

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description:

This started happening recently with a RWG save that I have been playing for weeks. It did not happen in the past.

After a couple of hours play time, the game starts using a very high amount of memory. Usually it is around 9G or more, out of 12G total system memory. It seems to happen when I am riding the minibike through areas with many POIs that I have not visited.

When this starts happening, the game becomes unplayable, likely due to disk thrashing from memory swapping. At this point I just quit the game for the night.

But, when I quit the game, it crashes, with Windows popping up an alert box. Unfortunately I didn't get the exact crash message in the alert box, but I'm attaching the latest logs.

Update: Here is the error message from the last time it crashed on exiting:

The instruction at 0xe9bf23d3 referenced memory at 0xd9e1a9c8. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program

Reproduce steps:

Play game for a while, enter an area with lots of POIs that are unvisited. When memory use goes high enough to cause swapping quit the game.

Actual result:

The game uses 9G of memory or more.

Quitting the game results in a crash.

Expected result:

The game should use far less than 9G of memory (Joel claimed his never goes above 2-3G, I assume that's what is expected).

Quitting the game should not result in a crash.

[ATTACH]28138[/ATTACH]

output_log__2019-04-06__00-24-29.txt

Summary: Bow Ammo Duplication / Fail to Switch Ammo

Version: 17.2 (b27)

Game mode: SP, NAV (occurs on all)

Did you validate your files? YES

EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: Using a Bow (Catapult / Launcher Class) and switching Ammo (Projectile) the previously loaded Projectile is fired from the Bow instead of the newly loaded Projectile. This applied to all three bows: Wooden Bow, Compound Bow, Crossbow.

This results in duplication of the Projectile (sticky retrieval) and unintended Damage + Effects, as the proper Ammo isn't being fired.

**Pretty certain the Rocket Launcher is affected too, being a Launcher class with Projectiles.

Reproduce steps: Load a Projectile into any of the Bows then switch to a different Projectile. Upon firing the bow, the previously loaded Projectile Ammo will be fired instead of the newly loaded. Switching off and back onto the Bow within the Toolbar results in the proper ammo firing.

Actual result: The previously loaded Projectile Ammo is fired instead of the newly loaded.

Expected result: The correct Projectile is fired from the bow instead of the previously loaded.

SHORT VIDEO DEMO:

I had reported it before, and it went ignored: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109536-Alpha-17-2-Experimental-B20-bug-reporting-thread&p=948846&viewfull=1#post948846

- - - Updated - - -

Summary: Switching Arrows Has A Delayed Effect

Version: 17.2 B29

Game mode, sp NAV (seen on MP RWG too)

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? yes

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? no

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: When you switch arrows type in a bow, the first arrow fired will be of the same type as of the _last_ arrow fire, even though the arrow _spent_ will be of the type you have switched to. Displayed arrow will be of the same type as of the last arrow fired, and, if it gets stuck, it will be of the same type as the last fired arrow. Switching arrows multiple times without firing them has no effect on this. For example, if I had fired a flaming arrow, and then switch to steel arrows, the display will show a fire arrow loaded in the bow, but the ammunition count will be shown for the steel arrows. When I fire, a flaming arrow will be fired (which can and will set zombies on fire), and, if it sticks and you retrieve it, it will be a flaming arrow. However, the number of flaming arrows you had will not go down, and the number of steel arrows will go down, as you fire it.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) Get a bow, flaming and steel arrows;

2) Fire a flaming arrow;

3) Switch ammunition to steel arrows;

4) Check model displayed and loaded ammunition on HUD;

5) Check ammunition count for both arrow types (and remember to count the one loaded);

6) Fire arrow at a zombie;

7) Repeat 2 through 5 until you get an arrow stuck on step 6;

8) Check ammunition counts again;

9) Retrieve stuck arrow.

Actual result: On step 5 you'll see a flaming arrow loaded on the bow (see dbs). On step 8 you'll see that the steel arrow count, not the flaming arrow count, went down. On step 9 you'll get a flaming arrow instead of a steel arrow. On step 6 you might have set the zombie on fire.

Expected result: On step 5 you'd see a steel arrow loaded. On step 9 you'd retrieve a steel arrow. You'd never set the zombie on fire on step 6. Step 8 remains the same, as that's as expected. Alternatively, all _other_ steps remain the same (can't switch loaded arrow), but on step 8, the flaming arrow count goes down, and the steel arrows count stays the same.

Click image for larger version.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28141[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the reports. What is happening here is a visual glitch where the previously loaded arrow always shows even though it fires from the stack of arrows that you loaded. Reported on JIRA. _Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

A17.2_2019-02-15_14-17-49.jpg.96a41cd9586c7d20f73463c49236f954.jpg

Summary: (short description of bug)

Version: 17.2

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode dedicated

Did you validate your files? yES

EAC on

Bug Description: After game crash on vehicles , load causes player still mounted, sometimes still driving the vehicle, closing game and reopening causes player to loose all items stored on main 0-10 toolbar

Reproduce steps: Crash the game when driving any vehicle

Summary: Getting on a vehicle right after consuming an consumable item gives you the effect without consuming the item.

Version:

Platform: (PC)

Game mode, client/sp RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC off ?

Bug Description:In the known bugs list, it says that there is a bug where you consume an item on the vehicle without having the effect, but this is almost the opposite. If you consume an item and go on a vehicle right afterwards, you are able to get the effect of the item without actually consuming it. There was a similar bug, where you open your inventory right after consuming an item that had the same effect that was fixed.

Reproduce steps:

1 - Put some food in your toolbelt and consume it.

2 - Before the item is consumed, go on a mount.

3 - See your food status go up.

4 - Get off your mount and check to see if you'd consumed the item.

Actual result: Got the effect of the item without consuming it.

Expected result: I expected to consume the item.

Thanks for the reports. What is happening here is a visual glitch where the previously loaded arrow always shows even though it fires from the stack of arrows that you loaded. Reported on JIRA. _Wretched Dollie, TFP QA Tester

It is NOT a visual glitch. If it were a visual glitch, then the arrow that got stuck would be from the stack I loaded, and not from what I had fired before. If it were a visual glitch, then I wouldn't set zombies on fire after switching from flaming arrows to steel arrows. Both things happen.

That's why I was very specific with my reproduce steps: steps 2 to 5 are to be repeated until you get an arrow stuck, so that it can be verified the arrow that was fired was not from the stack that was loaded.

Summary: (Crashes to desktop, and half-hangs system)

Version:17.2

Game mode,client on dedi RWG

Are you using any mods? (yes)

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Game crashes to desktop after 10-15minutes of gaming, and closes its process as if it was never running, and half hangs my system, I can browse webpages that are already open, but i cannot load new webpages or launch new things, although PC responds to pings in cmd prompt. Not sure whats going on here, but a16 didn't do it.

Since you are using mods, please try this without any mods first. -- OzHawkeye

Are you using any mods? (yes)

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Game crashes to desktop after 10-15minutes of gaming, and closes its process as if it was never running, and half hangs my system, I can browse webpages that are already open, but i cannot load new webpages or launch new things, although PC responds to pings in cmd prompt. Not sure whats going on here, but a16 didn't do it.

Sorry, was running a 102 fever when i wrote this; Not using mods, tried the usual suspects too and still doing the same; Turned graphics all the way down, fresh DX11 install, fresh and clean graphics drivers, complete refresh 7dtd install, with clearing %appdata% area. Single player does the same as dedicated server.

System specs for relevancy.

FX-8150 [octa core; 3.9ghz]

Radeon 7870 8gb ram

16 gb ddr1333

Rest is similarly on point.

Crash Totals Minibike

Summary: Game crashes while riding minibike - minibike missing on restart - Steam Auth kick?

Version: Alpha 17.2 b27

host/mp (NAV)

(Dedicated host running on the same machine as my client.)

Did you wipe old saves? no

EAC on

Bug Description: Game crashes instantly while player riding minibike - minibike missing on restart - no crash file in temp directory

Reproduce steps: Simply ride minibike due west, location in screenshot

Looking at my server log, it appears I was actually kicked from my own server due to Steam authentication failure?!

2019-04-10T21:00:19 261570.416 INF [steamworks.NET] Authentication callback. ID: 76561198014271850, owner: 76561198014271850, result: k_EAuthSessionResponseAuthTicketCanceled

2019-04-10T21:00:19 261570.417 INF [steamworks.NET] Kick player for invalid login: 76561198014271850 EricMick

2019-04-10T21:00:19 261570.422 INF Kicking player (Steam auth failed: k_EAuthSessionResponseAuthTicketCanceled): EntityID=171, PlayerID='76561198014271850', OwnerID='76561198014271850', PlayerName='EricMick'

bcRcsTa.jpg

Log: https://pastebin.com/QqmCGR3L

Server Log Snippet: https://pastebin.com/RHgTchc8

Are you using any mods? (NO)

EAC on or off ? on

Been tweaking past two days, running system checks, no hardware failures, new radeon driver just came out today so that MIGHT help maybe? but its still crashing in manner described above.

These are, I'd think, the very hardest issues to diagnose, and I really sincerely feel for the problem you're having. Unless a QA tester wants to offer more suggestions, best I could suggest is to try running it with your system as "clean 'n green" as possible, like all the AV/tuning software/overclocking etc turned off (disconnect yourself from the Net if you're turning your security off), everything you can think of turned off and running on an absolutely brand new install of the game. Hopefully, you'll find something.

If you don't post as full as spec of your rig as you can so it can be picked through. -- OzHawkeye.

*update* Unplayable. CTD / Half system hang continues to persist.

Full system specs for looking into.

AMD FX8150

16gb Ripjaws gskill series

hitachi 1000C 1tb HD

m5a99x EVO r1 mobo

Radeon RX580 8gb

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

1000 Watt Gold standard efficiency PSU.

Drivers fully up to date, including hardware ones; fresh and clean installs of the game, all drivers, everything. Did check disks / ram stress /gfx stress testing to confirm no hardware failures. Nothing. I suppose I'll try again at A18.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

absolutely no crash logs, no dxdiag report info about the computer in use. please help by providing updated reports and diagnostic report.

1st and foremost (most dont want to hear it...),

uninstall the video driver (i use nvidia and have an rtx2080), roll drivers to windows drivers (reboot) and then reinstall ONLY the up to date video drivers with no other suggested content such as the GeForce Experience stuff that does slow down SOME computers. see if that doesnt help... at least supply the requested info.

Summary: Nightvision still not working

Version:since alpha17.0

Did you validate your files? (Yes) reinstalled the whole game

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off On

Bug Description: Nightvision turns colors to green but the brightness is dark

Reproduce steps: equip Nightvisin at night

I switch to night vision at night and the colors become green, and the brightness is even darker than without nightvision!

The devs told multiple times they fixed it but they dont. I even reinstalled 7 days because i thought its my problem but it didnt work. Nightvision is useless atm.

Summary: Zombies pursue me, but can't attack me

Version: a17 newest build

Game mode: Mp (p2p with friend, my friend is host)

EAC on

Bug Description: Zombies can't hit me, they jump on me and try to attack, but I don't get damaged, cheat mode is off, god mode is turned off also

Reproduce steps: don't have any idea

Actual result: Zombies hit me and I get no damage

Expected result: Zombies hit me and I get damaged

Summary: Large memory use, crash when quitting

Version: A17.2 b27

OS/Version: Windows 7

Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you validate your files? No

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description:

This started happening recently with a RWG save that I have been playing for weeks. It did not happen in the past.

After a couple of hours play time, the game starts using a very high amount of memory. Usually it is around 9G or more, out of 12G total system memory. It seems to happen when I am riding the minibike through areas with many POIs that I have not visited.

When this starts happening, the game becomes unplayable, likely due to disk thrashing from memory swapping. At this point I just quit the game for the night.

But, when I quit the game, it crashes, with Windows popping up an alert box. Unfortunately I didn't get the exact crash message in the alert box, but I'm attaching the latest logs.

Reproduce steps:

Play game for a while, enter an area with lots of POIs that are unvisited. When memory use goes high enough to cause swapping quit the game.

Actual result:

The game uses 9G of memory or more.

Quitting the game results in a crash.

Expected result:

The game should use far less than 9G of memory (Joel claimed his never goes above 2-3G, I assume that's what is expected).

Quitting the game should not result in a crash.

[ATTACH]28138[/ATTACH]

The client will consume 2-3 GB ONLY when you first load it and before you load a map or join a server. A brand new 4K RWG map will eat up about 4.5GB just on load. an 8K RWG eats up about 7GB or so.

Edit: I just tried a 16K map and it peaks at about settled down at about 8GB memory consumption. That is a clean new map before running around or doing anything. I usually play on 10K maps, and IIRC it peaks at about 12G or so.

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 4/15/2019, 15:52:52

Machine name: RIPJAWS

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.180810-0600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.

System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/20/10 09:47:36 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16346MB RAM

Page File: 4583MB used, 43760MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

output log.

https://pastebin.com/gJnxWEti

I've already tried the usual suspects. Been gaming since ultima online.

Summary: Archery perk gives chance of Stun/Cripple, but it's not documented

Game mode, sp (RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? no

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: The Archery Perk gives 50% chance of buffInjuryStunned1 at level 3, 75% at level 4, 100% chance of buffinjuryStunned2 at level 5, and 100% chance of buffInjuryCrippled1 at level 5, but there's no mention of any of that in the description.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) Check perkArchery on progression.xml

2) Check archery description in-game

3)

Actual result: No mention of buffs for levels 3, 4 and 5, but present as triggered effects on progression.

Expected result: Buffs stun, crippled mentioned in description, or buffs removed from progression.

Thank you, reported.

-Hated

Random Crash to Desktop

Summary: Random crash to desktop

Version: 17.2 B27

Game mode: MP, Navezgane

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Game just randomly closes and goes to the desktop, no messages. Attached dxdiag and output logs.

Reproduce steps: Seems random, so not sure how to reproduce.

Actual result: Crashes to desktop

Expected result: Not to crash

[ATTACH]28179[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28180[/ATTACH]

output_log__2019-04-16__21-07-46.txt

DxDiag.txt

Summary: White Pickett Fence upgrading into a reinforced wood block

Game mode: MP Client; Dedi - RWG

Are you using any mods? y

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description:

1a: Place a White Picket Fence, upgrade it. It turns into a stage two wood block.

1b: The Description of the WPF says that it can be upgraded.

2a: The Wood Farm Fence also upgrades into a stage two block.

2b: Farm Fence says it can be upgraded.

3a: Wood Fence can be upgraded but description does not say it can.

--- White Picket Fence & Farm Fence should not be upgradeable, and should have the description that the Wood Fence has. Wood Fence should have the description that the other two have.

Thank you, verified and reported.

-Hated

Summary: Seeding a Container in a Quest House ruins the loot.

Game mode: MP Client; Dedi - RWG

Are you using any mods? y

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: If someone seeds a loot container inside a quest building, the containers loot will NOT reset when the quest is started (and the prefab is reset). The loot inside that seeded container will remain unchanged with the seed inside.

Seeding is when a player loots a container of its contents, then places an item inside (typically grass or wood), to cause the container to ignore player presence, so that it will respawn loot faster. The goal is to seed, wait 30 ingame days then remove the seed, and wait 2 seconds, and the container will respawn fresh loot. Players started doing this many Alpha's ago to bypass the fact that having players near a container would make it respawn loot slower than 30 ingame days.

Normally seeding isn't a big deal, you just had to remember to check the loot again after opening a container that was seeded. But now, it's messing up loot for quest prefabs. If you open a container but dont take all the loot, the quest reset will clear it and refresh the loot, but if you loot it and place an item in, it breaks that container until the seed it removed.

Summary: A wood farm fence can be upgraded into a wood block

Version: a17.2 b27

Game mode: MP Client - Dedi - RWG

Are you using any mods? CPM (only impacts server management)

EAC on or off? On

Status: New (It could just a be a feature though) But I consider this a bug.

Bug Description: Wood farm fence can be upgraded into a wood block

Reproduce steps:

1) Have wood in your inventory

2) Craft a WOOD FARM FENCE

3) Use a tool to upgrade it

4) See that it becomes a wood block magically.

Actual result: Wood farm fence ends up turning into a wood block

Expected result: Not for it to be upgradeble or turn into a wood block if upgraded

Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/ynbpfp3g

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/LpaO4Hs

Video: https://youtu.be/duOR33CgVz4

Thank you, verified and reported. I had my eyes white open when trying this, I expected it to happen, still somewhat got the jump on me.

-Hated

ummary: The battery cancel bug

Game mode, sp (RWG)

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: I gathering the resources to craft an minibike. I had an battery lvl1 and i put all the workbench and start the craft. I realize i can craft only lvl 4 items and i cancel the crafting and i put some points in the intelligence to make lvl 5 items. I see my battery level 1 turn out to level 4 after the cancel craft.

Archived