Alpha 17.2 B27 bug reporting thread

The Fun Pimp

a query why can not I run and jump at the same time? I am in the stable 17.2 b27

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

hi Ayrton,

here's my video that shows i can run and jump at same time:

as i show in my video i can run and jump as long as i have stamina... do you have any mods that may affect this or in game ailments or items that may cause an issue?

any and all info can help but you offered none.

problem solved, it was my keyboard, I changed it last week because I did not work the S key and then I changed my keyboard gamer for another

Thanks for the help

thanks for confirming your fix.

:)

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=gunHuntingRifle]/property[@class=Action0]/property[@name=Sound_start' and @value='sniperrifle_fire]/@value">hunting_rifle_fire</set>

I think you accidentally have Sound Start for Sniper Rifle at the Hunting Rifle. I changed it to the original soundnode again for myself.

Summary: Orientation changes strutural integrity

Version: 17.2 b27

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode:sp NAV

Did you wipe old saves?

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files?

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off ?

Bug Description: For a metal beam with wood attached, orientation changes strutural integrity. In one direction it supports less than a wood beam. In the other, it supports more than a wall.

Reproduce steps:

1) Build a pillar w/wood, build another pillar 5 blocks N/S and a beam over them w/ metal.

2) Attach wood to the beam, it collapses with 8 blocks.

3) Same construction, but with pillars in direction E/W.

4) Attach wood to the beam, it supports +45 blocks.

5) Same as 1, but all wood. It supports 11 additional blocks, regardless direction. Result as expected (weight 16·5=80, capacity 2·40=80).

6) Same as 1, but with a wall (no holes below metal). It supports 40 additional blocks, regardless direction. Result as expected (weight 40·5=200, capacity 5·40=200).

Actual result: Structural integrity depends of the orientation

Expected result:

1) Structural integrity should not be controlled by orientation.

2) A beam should not have more structural capacity than a wall.

If you logout with encumbrance penalty, the next login you must empty your inv to where you do not have enc penalty, and then reconnect.

When playing on a server, reproduction:

1. Logout with full inventory (enc penalty)

2. login, empty your inventory (empty to where you should not have enc penalty)

3. notice encumbrance error occurs

4. reconnect and encumbrance error is gone because of step 2

Summary: Upgrade path on Flagstone arch

Version: 17.2 b27

Platform: (PC)

Game mode: Single

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

EAC on

For some reason, I can't upgrade the flagstone arch block. Other blocks seems fine. Can anyone test this?

Summary: upon crash vehicals became frozen to anyone.

Version 17.1 stable and 17.2 stable

Platform: (pc)

Os/Version:Windows

Game mode: Pve Dedicated server?

Did you wipe old saves? no

Did you start a new game? no

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? no

EAC on

member in our group has been locked out of two motorcycles in 17.1 and a 4x4 in 17.2 after being kicked back to desk top. Upon relog no one can interact with his vehicles. We have even dug under them and they float in the air, as pictured below.20190310175409_1.jpg.b827d3e6ceb5769975b8badbd176994b.jpg

20190310175443_1.jpg.dc8682158370ca271ceb4e6a2a4363f2.jpg

20190310175427_1.jpg.b2f5ceca0c27212adff5ce62c7b6aad4.jpg

Summary: Horde Night Sound plays on 7th day, with random bloodmoon setting.

Version: 17.2

Game mode: MP Dedi Client RWG

Did you wipe old saves? y

Did you start a new game? y

Did you validate your files? y

Are you using any mods? CPM - For server management only

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: With random bloodmoon setting turned on, the bloodmoon night music/sound effect still plays on 7*days, even tho it's no longer bloodmoon night.

verified and reported

Summary: upon crash vehicals became frozen to anyone.

Version 17.1 stable and 17.2 stable

Platform: (pc)

Os/Version:Windows

Game mode: Pve Dedicated server?

Did you wipe old saves? no

Did you start a new game? no

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? no

EAC on

member in our group has been locked out of two motorcycles in 17.1 and a 4x4 in 17.2 after being kicked back to desk top. Upon relog no one can interact with his vehicles. We have even dug under them and they float in the air, as pictured below.[ATTACH=CONFIG]27946[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27948[/ATTACH]

Anytime we had something like this happen on our servers (prior to 17.2, so far we haven't had this problem with a fresh map), we would have an admin teleport the vehicle, and it would be accessible again.

I take it back, we've recently had this happen a few times. The teleport worked almost every time. (so far only once hasn't worked)

Every 7 Days plays Red Moon sound even if it isnt adjusted red night

Summary: (Music Plays Every Red 7th Night even if it isnt Red Moon with adjuster)

Version: A17 b27

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on

Bug Description: Red Moon music plays even if adjusted red night isnt a 7th night

Reproduce steps: Blood Moon Frequency adjustment of 7

Blood Moon Frequency adjustment of 7 days to add a possible 0 to 7 days for new random blood moon night.

Regardless of which new night the red moon comes on, every 7th night it plays the blood moon music.

known issue and already reported

Summary: (Killed by Zombies, hunger at 65 (stamina) rebirth persists with same hunger meter)

EAC on

Bug Description: Killed by Zombies, hunger at 65 (stamina) rebirth persists with same hunger meter

Reproduce steps: Any amount of hunger less than 100 stamina when you die via zombies and re spawn, your,meter does not go back to 100

my test on getting killed while stamina is low does come back to 99% when i respawn... i showed this twice on the video.

your stamina will not go back to 100% it will/suppose to go to 99% (i cant explain why but maybe a dev will explain).

you specified your stamina was low and on respawn it was still low.

are you using any found in game mod items or have any perks. you did not specify any info as level of character... in game mods used

(i/we need more info please)

Summary: (Climb ladder to tight space attic (2 squares tall) close hatch lid while standing on it causes player to be wedged into roof and non mobile)

EAC on

Bug Description: Climb ladder to tight space attic, place hatch lid on ladder top, close hatch lid while standing on hatch causes player to be wedged into roof and non mobile

Reproduce steps: Climb ladder with hatch capping the top of ladder while standing on hatch lid wedges player into roof.

Only way out is to bust roof holding you.

verified and reported

Summary: Insta-complete queue in concrete mixer

Version: A17.2 B27

Platform: (PC or Mac) PC

OS/Version: Windows 7 Ultimate

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV) RWG mp client

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) No

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) No

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes

Are you using any mods? (yes/No) No

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description:

Accidentally found out how to insta-complete concrete mixer crafting

Reproduce steps:

Queued up several stacks, in my case I had ~200 concrete mix left in 3 mixers each. Queued another 999 twice in each mixer. Had cement left over and decided to re-balance the load and cancelled the first order in each queue and distributed what I had left between all mixers. When I opened each mixer a few seconds later (probably after the first item in the next stack had been made) all mixers had completed all stacks, ~2.5k in each mixer. Haven't tested yet if that works in other queues.

Update: Ok, verified that this works for workbenches too:

Queued 5 iron spikes and then 50 iron spikes. Cancelled the order of 5. Closed workbench. Waited until craft time for one spike had passed, opened workbench, all 50 spikes completed.

This also works with the forge. This does *not* work when crafting stuff in your personal inventory. If you want to cheat-craft something fast, just use a workbench instead of your personal inventory.

The Silencer should NOT reduce dmg, if anything it should be a slight increase with a noise reduction. my son is a Military Armorer and lots of data supports this. in the old days a silencer used a rubber wipe to reduce noise and that did reduce accuracy and velocity but that is not the case with modern silencers

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/05/foghorn/ask-foghorn-does-a-silencer-effect-the-velocity-of-the-bullet/

Perhaps this is known and part of the overall RWG / terrain generation overhaul but I couldn't find a specific reference...

Summary: Trees, resource rocks, cacti and possibly other terrain decorations are not being processed in sub-biomes when terrain is generated

Version: A17.2 b27

OS/Version: Windows 7 Pro x64

Game mode: Single player (Navezgane and RWG)

Bug Description: Whenever the terrain is being generated for a new map, whether it is NAV or RWG, subbiomes with tree, cacti, resource rock decorations and possibly others are not being processed as part of the subbiome. (Some subbiome decorations such as grasses are being placed) These (missing) types of decorations are only being processed as part of the main biome decoration pass. These decorations are, in fact, overlaying into the subbiomes as well.

Reproduce steps: Generate any new map RWG or NAV. Inspect areas of subbiomes to discover missing decorations.

Actual result: several decorations (trees, resource rocks, cacti) are not being placed into the terrain subbiomes. Main biome decorations are also overlaying into all subbiome areas

Expected result: subbiomes generating with the decorations defined within the subbiome definitions.

Anytime we had something like this happen on our servers (prior to 17.2, so far we haven't had this problem with a fresh map), we would have an admin teleport the vehicle, and it would be accessible again.

unknown if he knows how to teleport vehicle, if he doesn't how would he do this? and thank you PurgatoryWolf and thank you all in advanced

Summary: Salvage Operations Speed Description is Incorrect

Game mode, sp NAV

Did you wipe old saves? No

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: Salvage Operations descriptions says it increases speed from 20% to 100%, but it actually increases from 10% to 50%.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) Start a new game, get a wrench

2) Increase Salvage Operations to 5

3) Check wrench stats (using Modify)

Actual result: Wrench does 27 modified damage

Expected result: Wrench does 36 modified damage

A17.2_2019-03-13_11-30-47.thumb.jpg.20208fcd22d7c91fb11bd616ff3a18f9.jpg

Bug Description: Whenever the terrain is being generated for a new map, whether it is NAV or RWG, subbiomes with tree, cacti, resource rock decorations and possibly others are not being processed as part of the subbiome. (Some subbiome decorations such as grasses are being placed) These (missing) types of decorations are only being processed as part of the main biome decoration pass. These decorations are, in fact, overlaying into the subbiomes as well.

I'm curious, how are you checking what subbiome you are at?

I'm curious, how are you checking what subbiome you are at?

The grasses and small decorations do get populated, so you can usually tell based on that. Also, you could swap out the surface terrain in the subbiome and it will have a different map colour.

You can tell the larger decorations are only done in a separate pass because sometimes a decoration will get placed into a subbiome even though it is not listed in the subbiome decoration list. I’ve even seen a tree and a dead shrub occupy the same voxel space when this happens.

My guess is that it is because the larger decorations may need distant terrain considerations.

Summary: No buying price is shown when item cannot be sold to trader

Version: 17.2 (but present at least since alpha 16)

Game mode, all

Did you wipe old saves? No

Are you using any mods? Yes (bug conditions not present unmodded)

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: If the property "SellableToTrader" is "false", no price will be shown for the item while *buying* that item from the trader. Individual item prices are still shown, but total buy price for selected quantity is not. This cannot be reproduced in vanilla because none of the items sold by trader has that property.

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

1)

2)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Summary: Perception 6, Hammer & Forge 3, No Workbench)

Game mode Solo RWG

Did you validate your files? No

EAC on or off ? No

Bug Description: cant access workbench w/ perception 6 and H/F 3

Reproduce steps: waited till rezsick was gone.. still nothing, logged out/in still nothing

once done click ok

1) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122123185/screenshot/1005898314626629199

2) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122123185/screenshot/1005898314626629535

3) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122123185/screenshot/1005898314626629800

Actual result: Failing

Expected result: make a workbench...

Summary: Dynamite does not have any effect in a land claim area.

Game mode, Multiplayer tested only.

Are you using any mods? Yes (bug conditions not present unmodded)

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Dynamite has no effect within a land claim area.

Reproduce steps:

1) Move to area on the map not land claim protected - throw dynamite on ground and ground blows up

2) Place land claim down next to blown up area.

3) Throw dynamite on ground after land claim has been placed, has no damage effect after it explodes.

unknown if he knows how to teleport vehicle, if he doesn't how would he do this? and thank you PurgatoryWolf and thank you all in advanced

Oh I'm sorry. You cannot currently teleport non-player entities without a mod like CPM or BM. (i don't know why, wish TFP would add this into the base game.) These two mods are purely server management tools, nothing a player would need to install.

Quest Spawned Entities Killed by Buffs Fail to Reward Kills

Summary: Quest Spawned Entities Killed by Buffs Fail to Reward Kills

Version: 17.2 (b27)

Game mode: SP, NAV (occurs on all)

Did you wipe old saves? YES

Did you start a new game? YES

Did you validate your files? YES

Are you using any mods? NO

EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: Quests/Challenges involving the killing of entities spawned by that quest/challenge do not count any kills by "Buff". This bug occurs with all buff kills. In the screenshot, the Molotov Cocktail is used to produce the example. Added second example using Torch (torch fire buff).

Reproduce steps: Start any quest/challenge requiring the killing of entities spawned by that quest/challenge then subdue the entities using any damage Buff weapon/item (Molotov Cocktail is straightforward).

Actual result: Buff Kills are not counted toward Quest Entity Kill Counter, resulting in failed/impossible to complete quests/challenges using any kind of damage Buff.

Expected result: The ability for a player to kill a quest spawned entity by any means they prefer, unless specifically required otherwise by that quest.

A17-2-2019-03-14-17-30-29.jpg

A17-2-2019-03-14-18-00-25.jpg

Summary: Perception 6, Hammer & Forge 3, No Workbench)

Game mode Solo RWG

Did you validate your files? No

EAC on or off ? No

Bug Description: cant access workbench w/ perception 6 and H/F 3

Reproduce steps: waited till rezsick was gone.. still nothing, logged out/in still nothing

once done click ok

1) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122123185/screenshot/1005898314626629199

2) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122123185/screenshot/1005898314626629535

3) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122123185/screenshot/1005898314626629800

Actual result: Failing

Expected result: make a workbench...

HF 3 states that you can make those items AT a workbench - not that you can make a workbench. in order to craft a work bench you need Advanced Engineering - your second picture indicates you are missing this perk.

Archived