I want to complain too !

Hek Harris

- The Poi's are too easy and really not very diversified.

- I hate the system of guns parts that must be assembled. It's boring and counter-immersive.

- There are missing options for the speed of movement of zombies (for example, zombies running during the day and walking at night, is it so hard to add to the settings ??!!!).

- The graphics are not immersive at all, most textures are in low resolution, do something !

- AI zombies is zero. Does TFP know the term "pathfinding"?

- When I repair a tool, why not replace it in the same slot ???

- Learning by doing is hell. I have to rub in cactuses to increase armor skills, run everywhere for athletic skills, mine like a mole and cut wood like a beaver to learn how to use my tools, kill 1000 zombies with a shotgun for it to be finally effective, etc ...) TFP, have you ever played a RPG ?

- Only one vehicle, seriously ?!!!

- We still can not create our own maps or easily integrate our POIs !

- There are missing so many options for choosing a server.

- I'm fed up with moldy quests. I want quests where you have to enter buildings and fight !

- Why not use a mods system for weapons, too much work maybe ?

- We are talking about buffs for almost 8 years, where are they ??

- Game is too hard. No, I mean too easy. Well we need settings.

Of course, I'm talking about alpha 16. That said, I return to play.

PS: I miss learning books too ^^.

WHEWEWEWEWEWEWEWW!!!!! FREEEZE! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!!

I am the MOTHER FREAKING INTERNET POLICE!

And you are under arrest for OVERT sarcasm and wantonness nostalgia!

SHAME ON YOU! There are children who use this forum! What kind of life lessons are you trying to teach them you SICKO! Oh you are going downtown for a LONG TIME... And what kind of name is Hek Harris anyways!? That sounds completely perverted!

My goodness, I have to set my internet doughnut down, I haven't been this outraged and triggered in a LONG time! Makes me almost feel alive again...

For this crime I set your bribe, er I mean bail at 1000 brass. I would also accept gunpowder. Yeah... Some chems would do nicely too if you want "evidence" to go mysteriously missing... you have no idea how many pain pills I gotta take as a zombie just to feel even a slight buzz! And I need that buzz, cause being a cop in this town is MURDER!

(edit- and your PROFILE PIC is of you smoking, you have the criminal look about you! I am keeping an eye on you! Seriously it comes out and I am sticking it to you for a while!)

You really should have checked the changes in A17. Basically most of your list. Congrats you just wasted your time. :p

And you really should have read to the end, he is making fun of all the A17 REEEEEE crowd pretending A16 was better in any way other then finding resources underground.

I will respond to some points in the spirit of the original post....

Are POIs meant to be hard? Aren't they hard enough for you when GS hits 2000+? A dozen Ferals can be quite the challenge. Anything heavier and they'd take too long to explore and get boring fast. Plus people will soon learn the layouts if they were any more complex and just go straight to the loot room. This would mean all that precious development time designing a hundred complicated POIs would be wasted when it could be spent making real end-game content.

I hate the system of guns parts that must be assembled. It's boring and counter-immersive.

I like it because it offers character progression in a somewhat RNG way, making every playthrough different. If you took this away there would be no end-game and players would be maxed out by day 30.

There are missing options for the speed of movement of zombies (for example, zombies running during the day and walking at night, is it so hard to add to the settings ??!!!).

Meh. Random might be cool but walking during the day and running at night is fine by me and gives the zombies character. Plus once your GS hits a decent number, everything will be running anyway.

AI zombies is zero. Does TFP know the term "pathfinding"?

They are zombies, they are supposed to be dumb. Their menace comes from their sheer number and relentlessness not intelligence. Introducing pathfinding would be dreadful and a real step back for the game. It would be super easy to exploit for one thing while also negating a lot of base designs that players enjoy.

When I repair a tool, why not replace it in the same slot ???

This actually bothers you? First world problems.

Learning by doing is hell. I have to rub in cactuses to increase armor skills, run everywhere for athletic skills, mine like a mole and cut wood like a beaver to learn how to use my tools, kill 1000 zombies with a shotgun for it to be finally effective, etc ...)

I love it. It's immersive and makes sense. Mining all day and becoming a better swimmer as a consequence is dumb as hell, and creates a disconnect between me and my character. A combination might be good. But for the love of God as long as they don't change the perks so that I can craft everything in the game at top tier at the same level, every game. That would make every playthough the same and greatly reduce replayability. You are already complaining about gun parts; if they remove those and also let us craft everything - jeezuz, why would we ever explore? That would completely ruin the mid- to end-game.

I'm fed up with moldy quests. I want quests where you have to enter buildings and fight !

Only if the rewards are worth it, otherwise it'll be a waste of time except as a pretend endgame where you can pretend you are still progressing in a meaningful way.

Why not use a mods system for weapons, too much work maybe ?

Why not incorporate that idea with gun parts so you retain a decent end-game? If you replace gun parts with these "mods" you will greatly reduce the game's length.

Game is too hard. No, I mean too easy. Well we need settings.

A16 has a balance issue in that GS does not rise quickly enough so the difficulty keeps pace with player firepower. However A16 gets pretty hard at GS 2000+ (day 100+). I actually lost a Steel fortress base to the sheer power of a day 150 horde in an amazing battle that lasted well into the next day. Sadly few people experience this in A16 because they declare the map "won" long before they are facing end-game strength zombies. At least let's not change the game so it becomes too easy no matter the difficulty setting. I mean your pathfinding suggestion above....ugh....would destroy all challenge the game had.

using sarcasm doesnt make you right. Quite the opposite actually.

99% of the complaints about a17 still say they like many things about it. So, listing the good parts of the update (in your stupidly sarcastic way), doesnt prove the other half of the update upsets many players.

- I hate the system of guns parts that must be assembled. It's boring and counter-immersive.

- There are missing options for the speed of movement of zombies (for example, zombies running during the day and walking at night, is it so hard to add to the settings ??!!!).

- The graphics are not immersive at all, most textures are in low resolution, do something !

- Learning by doing is hell. I have to rub in cactuses to increase armor skills, run everywhere for athletic skills, mine like a mole and cut wood like a beaver to learn how to use my tools, kill 1000 zombies with a shotgun for it to be finally effective, etc ...) TFP, have you ever played a RPG ?

- I'm fed up with moldy quests. I want quests where you have to enter buildings and fight !

Yeah..... good post.

SGRQGsl.gif

Everybody likes the new POIs. Some of us just complain that theres just too many of them. We would like normal houses/bussiness existing in the world too, not everything be a dungeon maze. That would make them more special and fun, instead of getting old so quick.

Who has complained about that? This is a clear proof you are just trolling. You are worse than most of the ppl you complain about.

The AI is worse, not better. They changed the zombies from dumb to smart wannabe, yes. And they added a lot of code, which sure took a lot of effort, to the AI. But, the result is that the AI is dumber, since it is more easy to exploit now.

They should have left the behaivioiur zombies had, but improved the AI into making them less exploitable and less prone to getting stuck. Not change their behaviour.

Again, nobody complained about this, you just use it to fill your sarcasm.

Disagree here, but this one is a subjective topic. I love rpgs, I love a17 system in other games, but not in this one. Learning by doing was better. Still, it's just a subjective preference.

Another thing everybody likes about a17 and you just use to make your point more valid and achieving the opposite.

Another thing nobody complained about. You see, if there are indeed a lot of complains like you say, you must list the things ppl complain about, not invent other ones.

Nooobody complained about more options

Almost everybody likes the new quests

Everybody likes the mods (not what they lost in their place tho. Why not both)

The only complain about the buffs is that they are too weak to use 1 inventory space.

The only confusion about the game beeing to hard or too easy there is, is when we say we dont like a new mechanic, and the funpimps instantly reply explaining how we just want the game easier and we need to adapt. Even when telling them that what we are complaining about is about how easy it is to exploit the AI

OFC you are, the toxicity of your post as well as the 0 constructiveness of it is clear from the start, dont worry.

Wouldnt you like a17 but with them back? Same as most of the players trying to change things about a17. They still want many things of a17, but dont like some changes or removed from it, so they explain it.

But no, seems trying to make the game better deserves to be asnwered with sarcasm posts like this.

snip for place

Dude, you made my day. Thank you for this good time ;)

Ghostlight, you don't have to come to each topic to repeat the same litany. Sometimes it's good to breathe a little. You have to accept the fact that a lot of players enjoy this alpha. I know it's hard for you to admit it, but try a little. Like two or three other members of the forum, you seem to have gone on a crusade against TFP and I don't think it's very healthy. But after all, what do I know?

Thanks to the others, even to Kalarro who need to eat a clown sometimes.

-----------------

After reading the various reviews about the A17, I launched a game in standard mode. I'm a former player (+3500 hours) and of course the vanilla settings make the game easy for me. However, I died 4 times thanks to the new POIs :).

RWG, difficulty Nomad, no loot respawn, no air drop.

I bought at the merchant only ammunition and a little decoration. I have sold a lot. I did a lot of quests and a lot of exploration. Look at the content of the safes, you'll see everything can be found in quantity, as soon as you go out.

I built a base from day 30 (before, I squatted an old shack). It is an unpretentious base, rather basic, with some turrets, some traps, and a boundary wall.

Here is a video of day 77 (red moon) with stock status and a fight night :

The purpose is to show new players that, once the mechanisms are well assimilated, the game is perfectly balanced or even easy. Then, they will be able, like me in the next game, to increase the difficulty, decrease the loot rate and, why not, learn to fiddle the xml files to make the game more "survivalist".

To be honnest, I play A17 exactly like A16. I don't see no major difference, except for all the new features. But, you know, I'm a simple dude : I don't feel obliged to moan at the slightest change and I just play and have fun adapting myself to new things. I know: it sucks.

@Kalarro

It's a weird place.

Some players apparently assume that you have to be on "a side" and that somehow one side can win and elect the President of the 7th Day or something. I don't know.

It can end up being involuntarily funny, too, like in this topic. ;)

Getting serious about games to the point of being rude is material for a sit-com.

But getting rude at someone trying to get people to relax a bit, is pure internet. :)

Thanks for being a normal human being :)

Some people have trouble discerning humor and sarcasm. And that sometimes makes them extremely nervous.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c470e556c57305349abfc1a

Some people have trouble discerning humor and sarcasm.

Your post is the very definition of sarcasm. Humor too, sure, you are using sarcasm to make fun of players raising concerns about some changes.

But if this post cant be called sarcasm, nothing can.

Your post is the very definition of sarcasm. Humor too, sure, you are using sarcasm to make fun of players raising concerns about some changes.

But if this post cant be called sarcasm, nothing can.

It was humor but if you take it as sarcasm, I have to bow : it was sarcastic. But in no way it was a personal attack, so don't take it that way.

@Ghostlight STAHP being bad at reading obvious sarcasm, which is even signed up!

lol you didn't spot my post was 100% sarcastic. I even told you in the first sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghostlight, you don't have to come to each topic to repeat the same litany. Sometimes it's good to breathe a little.

omg dude, You made a comedy sarcastic OP. I responded in the same vein.

Well crap, I don't even know what is going on anymore. My head is spinning... Yeah yeah, I'mma zombie so that is normal, darn thing doesn't stay put when I get hit with a shovel from you criminal survivors.

So I'll be JUDGE JURY N FRICKIN EXECUTIONER and say FUDGE IT! IT'S A FIELD GOAL!

Now disperse with the lot of ya! Yer all driving me off my pisscal cliff... It's like the fiscal cliff only pissier.

Archived