Performance of A17.

fragtzack

Tried playing A17 again, last time was late nov. This time, I updated nvidia driver first. Please to announce that a17 is playable now, no longer get ill from low frame rate . While I can tell frame rate does still drop, not terrible as before.

-thanks for optimizations!

Yeah but sadly once you get further into your game- the quarter-half second freezes start happening more and more. While this happens everything is still going on too, so keep trying to move if next to a zombie or get hit!

(edit- at least to me this happens)

Frame-loss is not lag. Also, the pauses which begin happening the longer you play are garbage clean-up unless I am mistaken. I believe everybody starts getting occasional pauses after playing so long without a break.

Yeah didn't Gazz say something about the garbage collector not working as intended?

It's a frame freeze I think is the best way to describe it? You cannot look around while it's going on, if you try to- once it unfreezes you will warp to however much you tried to look during it.

It's about a quarter to half second freeze and it happens a lot later on. Restarting the game helps a little for a time.

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect those freezes are related to AI pathing just being ... well... not optimized at all.

The more zombies on screen (especially in POI with features like ladders) causes those for me. At first I suspected it was just the new POI but when I spawned a few screamer to power level at game stage 400+ I quickly realized that the game simply ... well ... Froze and I couldn't do anything other than die on the spot tbh.

Got saved by a partner that aggroed them and the fact I had a huge base next to me ... as soon as I moved out of them while freezing ... it stopped ... then move closer and got them on screen ... then it started freezing again.

Until this is sorted out, I won't play the game anymore. It ruins the whole experience at later game stages.

Game runs fine and always has on 1080p with nvidia 1080 founders. Why do people play on POS boxes. Lmao

Hey there buddy :3 im running a 1080

And im having the same damned problem he is, on a beautiful Ryzen 7 1800x.

Dismissive attitudes to peoples hardware with a superiority complex is uncalled for mate, nobody wants that behavior here.

Dont behave like this:

Hey there buddy :3 im running a 1080

And im having the same damned problem he is, on a beautiful Ryzen 7 1800x.

Dismissive attitudes to peoples hardware with a superiority complex is uncalled for mate, nobody wants that behavior here.

Dont behave like this:

+1

Having a POS computer is better than having a POS attitude.

Can't remember the post that I found this workaround in that took me from 50fps to 100+

1. Right click 7 days to die in Steam and choose “Show Game Launcher”

2.Make sure these boxes are checked

2.1 Show unity screen selector

2.2 Exclusive Fullscreen Mode

3. Run and save as default

4. Unity window will pop up and make sure “Windowed” is unchecked and select your desired resolution and press “Play”

5. When in the main menu choose Options -> Video -> make sure V-sync is turned off.

6. Profit!

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated to a17 after being forced against my will (my a16 save file was corrupted) lol, Im honestly having LESS issues with lag/ frame drops than i was in a16. Im only on day 4 now though, and ive seen the comments saying its much worse on hoarde nights and the further you get. We shall see how it is as i progress

This isn't an FPS issue. There's a lag every x-amount of seconds happening regardless of your computer setup. I made 500 wooden frames on Sunday, had nothing but the craft menu up, and watched the frames ting-ting-tinging. And every 1-20 seconds there was a pause ... nothing would get built ... then the building would start again. Every 10-20 seconds, for the entire 500 frames. The game was doing something else every x-seconds and it was jarring everything to a standstill for a micro second. Continually.

(although there is also an FPS issue ... the issue however goes well beyond that and what system you are running)

Yeah but sadly once you get further into your game- the quarter-half second freezes start happening more and more. While this happens everything is still going on too, so keep trying to move if next to a zombie or get hit!

(edit- at least to me this happens)

I have that freezes from solar banks, triggered from sunrise. But it's gone if I switch them off.

yeah they redid the zombie spawns, now when i lat played around 2 patches ago and nothing mmuch changed, they made it so on days 7 they spawn in a wave of hordes walking right? to roam towards you until night time. to reduce the lagg from spawnining in at day 7 night instead all at once.. am not sure tho.

This isn't an FPS issue. There's a lag every x-amount of seconds happening regardless of your computer setup. I made 500 wooden frames on Sunday, had nothing but the craft menu up, and watched the frames ting-ting-tinging. And every 1-20 seconds there was a pause ... nothing would get built ... then the building would start again. Every 10-20 seconds, for the entire 500 frames. The game was doing something else every x-seconds and it was jarring everything to a standstill for a micro second. Continually.

(although there is also an FPS issue ... the issue however goes well beyond that and what system you are running)

Probably something to do with the Windows 10 architecture I believe, it still has the "OS Message Pump" but I don't think that is the problem. It could be the Service message pump that C# uses and that's crap (good for a business app, not for games).

Tried playing A17 again, last time was late nov. This time, I updated nvidia driver first. Please to announce that a17 is playable now, no longer get ill from low frame rate . While I can tell frame rate does still drop, not terrible as before.

-thanks for optimizations!

For me (i5, 16gig RAM, 1050 ti, latest driver, Win7), A17's performance is worse than ever. Particularly in prefabs, feels like 15 FPS, there don't even have to be a lot of zombies. Unplayable. The framerate, there is zero doubt, has nothing to do with the voxels, previous versions run fantastic on my machine, 100 zombies on screen, still 40 - 50 frames and settings well above lowest.

Archived