Pimps: please leave us some basic POIs

Feycat

It seems that the few that don't like 17 will not be happy until they get 16 again. sigh

Dude, I love 17. The way we've been backsliding back to 16 is super annoying.

But I want some old POIs left alone. That's not going backwards.

"Practical objects" as in objects that have uses? If so, list for me the practical uses of basic A16 POI's that A17 designed houses can't fill. What is it you want to do for quick and amazing fun in the basic houses that you cannot do in the time dragging and insufferable level designed houses?

Seriously? I listed them in the OP.

I want some small, simple POIs that you can quickly loot when you're underequipped, and turn into a base if you want.

Can you use one of the big dungeon bases, sure.

I don't like a base with a large footprint. Those buildings are either very large, or (in the case of that one workshop/garage thing? I can't think of other small ones) very flimsy.

Is it really SO BAD for you if there are a few of those houses left in the world? If you hate them, bypass them. I certainly don't loot them past the first week of the game, but I will often settle in one and build a wall around it. They're the perfect size for a base when you're low on resources at the beginning of the game.

And they don't have to stand up to a BMH. If I don't have a base ready for day 7, I go up on the roof of any one of the brick POIs and it's fine.

I don't see how asking for BOTH to exist is such a hardship.

The OP is pleading with the devs to reduce the ratio of dungeon to basic POI's in the game. I guess you are too.

I'm not. I like the current mix and wouldn't want to see more basic houses and less level designed houses. I disagree with the hyperbole being spouted that every house is a dungeon and every dungeon has zeds in the rafters and behind false panels. Sorry, but I'm not seeing it. It does happen a lot but for me it is a good mix. I'm fine with my opinion being unpopular in this thread but I'm giving it and it is solely mine.

I literally am not. Please re-read the OP. What I said was please LEAVE US some of the pre-existing POIs. I didn't say a single thing about reducing the new POIs. I love the new POIs. I do quests specifically because I love them, I don't give a crap about the rewards being worth the time or anything like that.

People brought in the "it's ruining my immersion to have zombies in every closet" discussion, and it has NOTHING to do with what I said in the OP. I have seen several "converted cabin 07" notes and seen Pimps say they're still "converting" the old POIs and I'm asking them not to convert ALL of them. I want both types available.

Seriously? I listed them in the OP.

I want some small, simple POIs that you can quickly loot when you're underequipped, and turn into a base if you want.

Can you use one of the big dungeon bases, sure.

I don't like a base with a large footprint. Those buildings are either very large, or (in the case of that one workshop/garage thing? I can't think of other small ones) very flimsy.

Is it really SO BAD for you if there are a few of those houses left in the world? If you hate them, bypass them. I certainly don't loot them past the first week of the game, but I will often settle in one and build a wall around it. They're the perfect size for a base when you're low on resources at the beginning of the game.

And they don't have to stand up to a BMH. If I don't have a base ready for day 7, I go up on the roof of any one of the brick POIs and it's fine.

I don't see how asking for BOTH to exist is such a hardship.

Its not a hardship. They both DO exist. I'm not having a hard time with it at all and am very pleased with the current mix. If you must have a an empty small house at the start of every game them play Navezgane because you always start next to one. Random is random. You get what you get but I am still finding plenty of simple houses.

The dungeon houses can be partially looted without needing to have full gear. A club and a bow with 20-30 arrows will easily get you to the kitchen of most houses whether they are dungeon style or not. There is no rule that you must continue to the innermost chamber once you enter a POI.

So I completely agree with you that there should be a mix of simple houses and dungeon houses and I like the current mix very well and speaking for myself wouldn't like to see the mix slide to more simple houses.

I literally am not. Please re-read the OP. What I said was please LEAVE US some of the pre-existing POIs. I didn't say a single thing about reducing the new POIs. I love the new POIs. I do quests specifically because I love them, I don't give a crap about the rewards being worth the time or anything like that.

People brought in the "it's ruining my immersion to have zombies in every closet" discussion, and it has NOTHING to do with what I said in the OP. I have seen several "converted cabin 07" notes and seen Pimps say they're still "converting" the old POIs and I'm asking them not to convert ALL of them. I want both types available.

Then apologies. :)

I guess I took all the comments and merged them in my mind. Just so you know, "converting" hasn't meant "turning into a dungeon crawl". I have seen several old POI's converted using the new blocks and textures but still largely empty homes. So I don't think you need to worry about all the houses turning into dungeon crawls. They just have so many new ways to make buildings look better that many of the older buildings look really bad by comparison.

I guess the thing to do is to go into the new POI editor and search for cabin 07 and take a look to see if it is now a dungeon crawl or not.

Not a problem for me, but if I were developing the game, I wouldn't make that my catchphrase for the vanilla version when it goes gold. Might hurt the ol' wallet.

Why? Did you not know that they are developing this game to be modded? I'll never understand the negativity some people have towards modding. smh

Why? Did you not know that they are developing this game to be modded? I'll never understand the negativity some people have towards modding. smh

Modding is fine, but the Basic game should have a good balance that can be played by casuals veteran player and pro gamer without edits.

Or not ? (at least thats the reason why i now fine with the vanilla stamina system, i still dont like it for myself, but i need not longer to lie if someone ask me if its playable)

Same for Pois, the standart answer for new players is currently "Dont go in dungeon style pois at start. Start by equip in normal Pois".

And as i allready said, some seeds look as if they have no normal pois.

Maybe a other sollution (partially allready implemented) is the best. High danger Pois, but with low danger areas you can loot early game. (like many garages)

Modding is fine, but the Basic game should have a good balance that can be played by casuals veteran player and pro gamer without edits.

Or not ? (at least thats the reason why i now fine with the vanilla stamina system, i still dont like it for myself, but i need not longer to lie if someone ask me if its playable)

Balanced according to whom?

I mean, the ability to mod the game is THE single most important asset any game could I have, and THE first one I look for in deciding whether to buy a game. There's absolutely zero chance that TFP could make the base game satisfy even a cross-section of the player base I reckon, so all they can do is make the base game play how they want it, and make it as utterly moddable as possible so the rest of us can mod it to our own particular tastes.

And I say this as someone who never plays the base game. I literally have not played an unmodded game of 7d2d since A9 I think.

Same for Pois, the standart answer for new players is currently "Dont go in dungeon style pois at start. Start by equip in normal Pois".

And as i allready said, some seeds look as if they have no normal pois.

Maybe a other sollution (partially allready implemented) is the best. High danger Pois, but with low danger areas you can loot early game. (like many garages)

Did I really have to say it? Okay, I'll revise...

They are developing this game to have a balanced and playable default experience but that can also be modded if your personal preferences run contrary to their own vision.

Do I believe modding should have to be used to fix bugs and glitches in the final gold version? No. Irresponsible of the devs.

Do I believe modding should have to be used to alter the experience from default in the final gold version? Yes. Fabulous of the devs.

Do I believe that people will unfairly label "altering the experience because of their preferences" as "fixing the game because it's broken"? Absolutely. No helping that.

agreed. Should be a good mix.

Personally I think the Dungeon POI's should be on the more rare side and even more elaborate if possible. The big factories should for sure be dungeon style. Diersville is a great example of overboard. Every POI there is a dungeon type. Every single one. There's not a normal POI in that whole town. Which... is both a pain and a blessing.... to a degree. Almost too much loot to start out with.

I spawned in my play through near the town and setup a base in the playground on the west side.

I haven't had to explore more than the 8ish POI's directly around me. Not much of a need.

The basic A16 POI's lent to making a player travel and explore more. Now... You can kind of hit one town and be good forever.

Early game it was a bit more annoying. No "easy" in and outs to find just a few water bottles and maybe a cooking pot.

FYI-- I just checked out Cabin 07 in the prefab editor and it is a basic house. It is updated with newest textures and decorations but it is definitely just a plain straightforward building. If this is an example of the kind of "updating all old buildings" that TFP is doing then there is zero reason to fear that they are planning to make every single structure a dungeon crawl.

I even looked at all the possible sleeper positions and most of them are just lying in the middle of the floor or sitting in the easily visible corners of the mostly empty rooms.... <yawn>

The definition of boring is "not interesting; tedious."

...that pretty much nails the dungeon crawls at this point.

You said it yourself... walk in, shoot the drapes, shoot the cupboards, tap the floor for traps, look up in the ceiling, repeat.

In. Every. Room.

Yeah, this and what someone else said about headcrabs in HL2. I admit I got thrills from the things what guppy said, but now I'm more shocked at the rare occasion I don't see a zombie in the closets doors/etc that I instinctivly one-shot to see the sleeper behind it. I understnad getting good at the game/learning leads to anticipating surprises, but I picked up on it within an hour and a half. The AI sneaking on you still gets me, so does the random drop from inside the ceilings, but that's because they're rare. Not saying the large pois should be empty, but the trap mechanic is done in EVERY one of them almost. See a closet/cubbard next to TVs? Pull out the arrow and shoot em for the zombies inside. Floors? Can spot the trap tiles instantly. The designs are top-notch and creative, but they are just so common it ruins the idea lol.

It's like well-crafted and creative surprises that are placed every square foot in a 200 yard radius -- a pleasent, "oh man I didn't expect that, creative!" surprise to a "Oh, one of these again..oh anothe.. oh ano.. another one.. another one.. another one... oh.. 6 more.."

Yeah, I may not agree with indestructible bases with you but I agree with ya on that one lol. It's like HL jump scares, you turn a corner in a vent and a headcrab scares you by suddenly lunging at your face. You turn another corner, nervous and anticipating another one and nothing. Turn another corner, nothing. Leave the vent, and sometimes a zombie drops from the damn ceiling on top of you mid-combat or after combat. See a vent, hop in. Turn a corner, nothing. Okay -- maybe the headcrab was a rare thing whatever. *Barrels around a corner, headcrap lunges at your face, scaring you*. You turn another corner more cautious, nothing. Exit and not see the ceiling trap for a while, then when you get comfortable, 5 headcrabs fall from the ceiling!

Be less surprising if every 15-30 seconds this all happened.

And all new houses plastered with those annoying picture frames... (supporters?)

Way overdone.. Not even Kim Jong Un has that many images hanging about.

The idea is right. It is just overdone. Less places for them to spawn (especially in cabins in the woods). Definitely more images. More art pictures (from cheesy flowers to abstract art), sceneries, posters of music groups. Definitely one with a rabbit with vampire teeth. And another one showing a cabin in the woods (which should be hanging in exactly this cabin). :cocksure:

I really love the new dungeons POIS but in my games they are everywhere, I am playing on the seed Pontypool and I cam across a huge town every house is dungeon poi's I have not found a single simple house and sometimes it's nice to get those, we just need to balance the simple and the dungeon ones because I do miss them too.

I really love the new dungeons POIS but in my games they are everywhere, I am playing on the seed Pontypool and I cam across a huge town every house is dungeon poi's I have not found a single simple house and sometimes it's nice to get those, we just need to balance the simple and the dungeon ones because I do miss them too.

I know that feel, it seems that way in a lot of seeds. I'm just glad the Watchtower and Forge House POIs are still around. In MP it seems like a risky prospect to make a first base out of a dungeon. I didn't quite trust that it wouldn't get reset by a quest and some of those dungeons have dangerous zeds in them at all game stages.

Archived