Bone, bone, give me BONES!

Alphado-Jaki

After an arrival of A17, I'm suffering at lack of bones, badly.

Paper for shotgun shell, Glue for Blunderbuss/mods, Duct tape for Splint/Repair kit/FAK.

More and more use than A16, but Less and less place to acquire.

Archery has been buffed by retrievable arrow from zombies.

Guns other than shotgun has been buffed by alternate ammo using steel.

But play style using shotgun is... really harder than A16 because of lack of paper/bones.

When I see paper milling factory, I feel as I find an oasis in desert. =D

My aim to make this thread is, I wanna know how others think about current bones.

Also, what will fix current lack of bones?

(Well, I know Don't use BONES! is one of solution, apparently.)

I think A16 had too many bones, so bones from zombie carcass is bad.

(I know there are Hantsman perk, but Lv5 Hantsman is not enough bone for me.)

How do you think? let me know.

But you have plenty of bones from random carcasses by the road and if you need even more, perk up "more stuff from carving animals" perk and visit that one pig poi, you won't run out of bones for a long time after that.

Trip to vendors also gets all the needed duct tape and soon they will sell glue as well.

Destroyed biome with all the dogs and vultures also got surplus of bones.

But you have plenty of bones from random carcasses by the road and if you need even more, perk up "more stuff from carving animals" perk and visit that one pig poi, you won't run out of bones for a long time after that.

Trip to vendors also gets all the needed duct tape and soon they will sell glue as well.

They sell glue now, found 2 traders last night, both had glue. Small amounts, but still had it.

I don't get what that fix is? It was always 1 bone in the chem station? Or is it now 1 bone in the campfire as well?

I assume so, I haven't got around to take a look at it ingame myself

edit: checked it quickly, that is indeed the case, you only need one bone to make glue at the campfire

But you have plenty of bones from random carcasses by the road

Well, I sometimes do journey just for breaking this carcass.

and if you need even more, perk up "more stuff from carving animals" perk and visit that one pig poi, you won't run out of bones for a long time after that.Trip to vendors also gets all the needed duct tape and soon they will sell glue as well.

They sell glue now, found 2 traders last night, both had glue. Small amounts, but still had it.

Yep, that pig poi helps us a lot. For trader, the problem is that we can't have many as they used to be in A16. Not enough to fullfill demand of 8 people.

I gonna go wasteland to acquire bones, thanks. =)

Too many bones, glue and tape everywhere. Loot trashbags.

Are you playing Navezgane ? If yes, try RWG.

Have you tried 200% loot ?

Paper : scrap bank notes, break cardboards.

RWG. Yep, 200% loot will helps, no doubt.

Also, I haven't notice about cardboard give paper. thanks =)

Also, according to 17.1 patch notes you only need one bone to make glue now instead of two, I guess that'll help a little too.

Yep, A17.1 changed Campfire recipe as 1 bone to glue. It definitely helps early game, but no difference on late game, where I use shotgun shell / Repair kit a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd think those bodybags would be full of them, what with them having you know, bodies in them...

Lol, yeah there should be.

Too many bones, glue and tape everywhere. Loot trashbags.

Are you playing Navezgane ? If yes, try RWG.

Have you tried 200% loot ?

Paper : scrap bank notes, break cardboards.

I've had to abandon my usage of exploding crossbow bolts because of the lack of glue. Used to used hundreds of horde bones to make glue and just crank out some exploding CBB, but alas now they are a novelty which is fine, they change things and we adapt. No complaints, but do miss blowing zombies in the air.

According to the patchnotes the trader now sell glue. This might help a little.

Someone suggested that it would be nice to introduce something like pine tree sap as replacement for bones to craft glue. It should not be hard to add it to the game.

I think I create a little modlet to test if it reasonable.

Thats a good idea. In 17.1 its 1 bone for 1 glue, so there should be enough.

I'm not sure what that really solves though? It was always 1:1 in the chem station? Not sure how many used the campfire in the first place for glue? Do we not need the beaker in the campfire for the recipe? <--- honest question, not sarcasm

I'm not sure what that really solves though? It was always 1:1 in the chem station? Not sure how many used the campfire in the first place for glue? Do we not need the beaker in the campfire for the recipe? <--- honest question, not sarcasm

You only need the cooking pot

Someone suggested that it would be nice to introduce something like pine tree sap as replacement for bones to craft glue. It should not be hard to add it to the game.

I'm not a fan of multiple ways to craft the same thing, it clutters up the recipe menu and why? If unbalanced then add more bones, not make some weird way to achieve the same thing. Then its like hey how do you get glue and the noob gets 2 different answers. Confusing.

I'm swimming in glue but I kill every animal I see with my sniper build. I changed it to 1 bone for 1 glue in 17.1 so you guys will have twice the glue as before, it should be plenty.

I harvest every carcass on the roads starting Day 1. I stay on the roads so I can harvest as many bones as possible, even though I will not need them for a while. Because when I do need them, I need a lot! :)

It reminds me of the quote from the movie Dune: "Whoever controls the glue, controls the universe... the glue must flow".

I think that's what the emperor said. :)

Now that fertilizer doesn't spawn in coffins, why not put a bunch of bones in there to help with the balance? I've looted a bunch of funeral homes and desecrated many cemeteries expecting to find the bone motherload and I don't think I've found as much as a finger.

I guess you could say the bodies rose from the dead, which is sort of implied by the spawns in the open graves, but since I'm not fighting skeletons there must still be bones in the old graves.

That would be a cool way to make flaming ammo.

I'm not a fan of multiple ways to craft the same thing, it clutters up the recipe menu and why? If unbalanced then add more bones, not make some weird way to achieve the same thing. Then its like hey how do you get glue and the noob gets 2 different answers. Confusing.

I'm swimming in glue but I kill every animal I see with my sniper build. I changed it to 1 bone for 1 glue in 17.1 so you guys will have twice the glue as before, it should be plenty.

I suggested it... but as a mod.

Just wanted to comment here on this though. I fully understand not adding multiple recipes to craft the same thing because it makes balancing things more difficult. It should just end right there. It is the reason why I even suggested it as a mod and not a game feature. I don't agree with the noob comment as a reason to not add things in the game though. If something so trivial as an item having two possible recipes is confusing to someone, they wouldn't have the intelligence to even know what a recipe is. If that person got 2 different answers, and not the real one stating two recipes, then we now have three morons. So now, we have a stupid noob, and apparently people who aren't noobs are still stupid. I sure hope this isn't the basis behind simplifying things in game because it is and has been an ongoing trend lately to hold the hands of gamers... and then we wonder why games are feeling so flat and guided lately.

2 + 2 = 4 and the day I found out that 1 + 3 ALSO equals 4... man, that blew my mind. I was never the same.

Archived