Steam reviews - I kinda figured

hillbilly

Fixed.

Mods. I really don't understand why a lot of players say that quality item doesn't really matter. It's the same thing than before, but better.

Not better - neither the weapons nor the mods permanently degrade with use and repair. Thus, once you have it - you have it and never have to look for another. Before - you'd need to continually find more parts to improve quality. There was an incentive to go out and get things there.

That's not the core of the problem though. The core of the problem has been in this game since the crafting was made more simple and the harvesting system was added. There is very little incentive to loot POIs once you get just the basic few items you need - a weapon, tool & die, beaker, etc - get those few things and you could easily go 1,000's of days in this game by just looting trash, taking apart crap outside and crafting everything yourself.

Not better - neither the weapons nor the mods permanently degrade with use and repair. Thus, once you have it - you have it and never have to look for another. Before - you'd need to continually find more parts to improve quality. There was an incentive to go out and get things there.

That's not the core of the problem though. The core of the problem has been in this game since the crafting was made more simple and the harvesting system was added. There is very little incentive to loot POIs once you get just the basic few items you need - a weapon, tool & die, beaker, etc - get those few things and you could easily go 1,000's of days in this game by just looting trash, taking apart crap outside and crafting everything yourself.

I think that degrading weapon and tools to the previous colour when half damaged (for example) would be nice. Concerning the second part, I removed guns and ammo off the recipes, so I'm forced to loot and I'm very glad of this arrangement. I really think that crafting should be only for building materials. But whatever, if I can fix it for my game, It's all good ;).

The list is too numerous to mention but here is a snapshot of what I am currently using, developed over time and it is still not finished.

97 and growing

https://i.imgur.com/JY87luI.png

Pimps gave me the ability to mod and so help me God Im using it lol

It's really one of the big strengths of the game. The atmosphere is there and we can change it to suit our needs.

It's 22f outside. It's my /opinion/ it's cold.

... it's also a fact.

A polar bear would find that it's a favorable climate for a naked ride. A Canadian too. So let's call it a personal impression :) (And then, you can mod all that with two or three big sweaters, a scarf and a woolen hat).

Awhy i cant add a Custom Item Description to something or why Localization.txt is not shared by Server cause both would be needed to really Modifiy the Game and at same time keep it User Friendly. Answer was hmm nothing, in other Threads i also asked and not answers. Last Answer i got was from a PM i wrote to Alloc and his answer was that there is currently no Modding Support for Localiziation File.

So i ask you now the Same possible you answer to this Question

How should i mod the Game like adding back Recipe Books if i have no Option to add a Description to the new Items so the Users know what this Book or Item does? Cause there is no CustomDescr Paramter for Items.xml or Blocks.xml. Possible you know a Answer to this Question.

Suggestion: consider making this issue with the localization file not pushing from the server into a bug report. Here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?101363-Alpha-17-Stable-B240-bug-reporting-thread/

Sorry man, I stand by what I said. I also am not one of the voices complaining. I like A17 and have been fun testing what I can do. That said...

I'm sure to your mind HORDE says tower defense to you but it never occurred to me. I just thought horde meant the every 7 day thing like is has always been since before A17. I've never played a tower defense game and only learned of the term from this game. I also feel the, as much as it pains me to say, slew of negative reviews that it never occurred to other people besides myself. "This TD stuff don't belong in my survival game!" is a complaint I often see so I can't be alone.

Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly. I was talking only of the header. I acknowledged that it is mentioned elsewhere like steam descriptions and your videos. I played this game for over a year and only started being interested enough to look at your videos and I don't recall seeing the steam desc. Maybe I did over a year ago but I've had no reason to look at it again yet I do see your banner every day.

It's hard to see other perspectives when you are immersed in something you are familiar with. You live and work 7dtd and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume you might have a tainted perspective. I was just offering another view in a friendly manner.

I appreciate your reply though.

I appreciate your kind demeanor. I still don't see how anyone can miss the tower defense portion of this game since they come to you unless A, they played less than 7 days, or B, happened to be in a mine every horde night, or C, played modded. It really is one of the core pillars to our game. That said, we will include options soon so people who don't want to do tower defense don't have to. Everyone wins.

My question is how would such an exp slider bar interact with modded files? Is this slider something that modders can interact with to allow variance within their own mods?

First, we break your stuff. Then you fix your stuff and find out :) Welcome to modding. I worked on a Skyrim mod for a year then they release Dawnguard which was the same thing I had done. It broke half my code too lol. Hopefully it just scales all EXP you get behind the scenes and has nothing to do with XML.

Agree with MM. The reason I bought the game is #1. Crafting #2. Survival #3 Zombies

That said and done, back to the purpose of this original poster complaining about A17:

I paid $15 for this ALPHA game and have exactly 2096 hours played according to Steam, all on A15 and A16. Got my money worth so I have no complaints and would give a positive review based on that.

But for a17: I can't fricking play a17 because the performance is so bad. Less then 28FPS makes me physically ill and a17 has frequent drops for little reason.

All the feature changes + and - are moot to me because of the FPS issues.

Its just a matter of time before its running better.

That's fair, it was always your stated intention, but have you noticed that the more RPG elements you add the less fun the game becomes?

No I notice the exact opposite. Go play fallout new vegas which is THE father of survival games and tell me it doesn't blend well with an RPG.

The ability to make a character with unique skills and perks each time you play through gives the game replay value. In A16 it was always the exact same build. "Whats your build"? "Survivor" "Oh, me too :p" Now you can specialize in medicine or crafting, a variety of combat, make a glass cannon if you want, etc. Its not perfect but its 100x better than the NO CHOICE you had with A16. You choose what you need to survive and be OP, not to choose a role that might be a different challenge for a veteran.

It needs more balancing but it has 1000x more potential.

I appreciate your kind demeanor. I still don't see how anyone can miss the tower defense portion of this game since they come to you unless A, they played less than 7 days, or B, happened to be in a mine every horde night, or C, played modded. It really is one of the core pillars to our game. That said, we will include options soon so people who don't want to do tower defense don't have to. Everyone wins.

Fair enough. I wasn't connecting things in that way but I can see where you are coming from.

- - - Updated - - -

No I notice the exact opposite. Go play fallout new vegas which is THE father of survival games and tell me it doesn't blend well with an RPG.

The ability to make a character with unique skills and perks each time you play through gives the game replay value. In A16 it was always the exact same build. "Whats your build"? "Survivor" "Oh, me too :p" Now you can specialize in medicine or crafting, a variety of combat, make a glass cannon if you want, etc. Its not perfect but its 100x better than the NO CHOICE you had with A16. You choose what you need to survive and be OP, not to choose a role that might be a different challenge for a veteran.

I hadn't thought about it until now but didn't at least one of the fallout games have a survival mode? I wonder what it was like.

Fixed.

Mods. I really don't understand why a lot of players say that quality item doesn't really matter. It's the same thing than before, but better.

Exactly. The crafter can craft pink, and craft 5 mods to install into it which increases damage substantially. At the end of the day there is no reason to not have at least one combat skill, because miners/crafters need strength anyway to mine effectively and buy sex rex.

so you say you Roleplay and do what your Character would do in this situation?

Then your Character must be crazy, drunk or Rambo or dead already, cause if you think its normal that a Survivor with bad Weapons or also wiht good Weapons shoudl go out and start hunting Zombies to learn how to cook sorry really that would be perfect for some sort of Zombie Comedy Movie. And this 5000 Way sorry i did not find more then 3 ways. Figthing , minign or crafting now its only Fighting Fighting or making it hard for yourself and at same time loose in MP against every PVP Player.

You missed the part where I said the next patch builders get a lot of xp.

That said, we will include options soon so people who don't want to do tower defense don't have to. Everyone wins.

Really nice, will you also give us some options regarding houses full of zeds? Maybe it's just me but it really disrupts my gameplay when I enter a small house and there are 10 zeds by the door. I feel it would be much more natural if some houses were empty, some had 1-2 zeds inside, and rarely you would find a house full of zeds. Also why did you remove the amount of enemies spawned from the in game menu? It's still in config, but not in the game menu anymore.

Go play fallout new vegas which is THE father of survival games ...

Pfff the complete survival part they stole from my fallout 3 mod

* Need of food

* Need of drinks

* Need to sleep

* Ammo had Weight

* Harvestable tree (sure not so nice like in vegas)

* Callable Caravan and Mercenaries

But they didnt implement my Bottle of pee you produced when you was strong dehydrated

I call systems designed as nothing but a time investment from the player a grind because thats what they are. XP exisists for people to level up.

I have 0 difficulty in 7days to die and people like you saying "turn difficilty down if you are a flithy casual" (yes, paraphrasing) is beyond condecending, this has never been a difficult game on any difficulty.

This alpha is the easiest yet:

food/drink? Just put points here to make the game easier.

Stamina? Same deal

Tempreture? Same deal

You get the point.

Forgive me if im not understanding this but you cannot craft these mods until you loot the single use schematic to do so? Right?

So for a crafters melee weapon to be better they have to not only level up to a point where they can make it they also have to have looted (from POIs with tougher zombies) rare items.

Id bet by the time they loot 2 mod schematics for thier tool they will have found many many copies of said tool as loot.

Crafters path to optimal weapon: hours of leveling before you can even make it, hours (and hours and hours) of looting to find rare items.

Looters: find your weapon in loot, your alreadly looting anyway so you will have mods. Oh and you didnt have to invest in crafting the base item so you are either lower level or massivly more powerful in melee (dosent really matter which, lower gamestage or more powerful charcater both add up to easier gameplay)

Its intended in the design of the game for more risk = more reward. Sorry you can't sit on your ass in a cave and come out 3 days later with the best gear the game has anymore. You have to go looting to get the best stuff or pay top dollar for it at a trader.

We're going to introduce some simple mods that you don't need a schematic for. But how hard is it to loot a book store? Those aren't very dangerous at all.

Question here,

Playing with 5 other people one person maxes INT and can make all the schematics etc... can he make me a lvl6 AK and add all the mods to it then I use it to its full ability (max damage etc)? Or do the mods applied only work if the person using the item has the required perks(yeah science etc)?

The gun will do more damage if modded. A guy who has more perception and perks in that gun will do even more damage.

The funny thing is I don't frankly enjoy the tower defense aspect, but if the settings are thoses you explain, I'll choose a blood moon every night, but with few zombies. It'll be intense without the big weekly flow that bothers me a little :). Settings are a very good enhancement for everyone.

We're going to introduce some simple mods that you don't need a schematic for. But how hard is it to loot a book store? Those aren't very dangerous at all.

At the moment, yes. Hope you'll change that, even just a little. Pills store, hardware store, book stores are very less defended than other POI and offer an awesome loot. They should be a bit more dangerous I think.

I truly wish you would stop selling yourself short and comparing yourself to fallout. Your game is much better.

As I've said before, yes, we can specialize in many things that will get us killed. If we went to live however, we must specialize in certain specific things. Yes it is about balance to a point, but you can only balance so much... ...the core aspects of survival have to be inherent in the player. I should be able to play any type of build and have an equal chance of survival. No amount of balance is going to make that happen.

You have a very special game, and every time you incorporate another games system into it, you lose some of that magic.

At any rate, you have made up your mind and I respect that, so we will just agree to disagree.

Bull♥♥♥♥.

You had the exact same to do in A16: you could choose not to level whatever skills/perks you didnt want.

Where thier perks/skill everyone used? Of course theres an optimal path.

This hasnt changed at all in a17, there are still perks people take because they make the game easier.

THIS is why i keep asking for actual game analytics. So you guys can see which perks people take for yourself: hint: if 70% of he playerbase is taking a certain perk everytime its either an OP perk or the game is less fun if you dont take it and it should probably just be added to the base level progression instead.

Adding this did not add replay value, it detracted greatly from it. I have no desire to play the same game about grinding XP and leveling up more than once.

This used to be a game you picked up, scrambled around for 7 days and then died spectacularly to a massive horde of angry zombies.

But under the weight of all these fancy bells/whistles and rpg elements and graphic improvementd we can have less and less active zombies without the game slowing to a crawl.

>Survival HORDE crafting game

When did a horde become 10 zombies? Just because they respawn when you kill one does not mean you have a horde, it means you have 10 zombies with X ammount of respawns.

Give me worse graphics and 10x the active ammount of zombies anyday.

Why are you so much of a fan of fallout? Didnt thier own fans complain about the dumbing down of mechanics as the games progressed?

Never liked the games myself, despite being a fan of the general concept always found the gunplay and action side to be really lackluster and the RPG elements to just boil down to conversation options and a really shallow character system.

Might go back and try the older games in the series at some point to see what all the fuss is about but so so far iv played fallout 3 for about 50 hours and not really enjoyed it and not picked up 4 because its just more of the same game.

Please dont try say this change is good for all veteran players too: just because someone has played a lot of hours in previous versions of the game does not make any and all changes positive.

Been here since a9 myself, and a17 is the least fun version of this game to date.

Archived