Steam reviews - I kinda figured

hillbilly

No, I am rather proficient at reading. What I'm reading is you wanted a flower-picking stroll in the park game like Minecraft. You must have invented the term sandbox, since evidently it trumps everything the game was advertised about. Ya know, zombies that want to kill you. It's a BLEND. I don't think you understand what blend means.

TFP, sorry guys. You guys have to remove zombies, zombies destroying bases and such. This guy says because sandbox is in the description it means none of the hard stuff is allowed.

And oh, you "get gud" at reading. I said, 'The game doesnt say "7 days to die: a sandbox game"', you said the description says, "7 Days to Die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. Play the definitive zombie survival sandbox RPG that came first. Navezgane awaits!"

You said I was wrong. How? So, you're saying that the DEVS' description -- the people who MADE the game -- is wrong?

No, I am rather proficient at reading. What I'm reading is you wanted a flower-picking stroll in the park game like Minecraft. You must have invented the term sandbox, since evidently it trumps everything the game was advertised about. Ya know, zombies that want to kill you. It's a BLEND. I don't think you understand what blend means.

TFP, sorry guys. You guys have to remove zombies, zombies destroying bases and such. This guy says because sandbox is in the description it means none of the hard stuff is allowed.

Actually, Sandbox wasn't listed as a BLEND. Again, practice reading.

And just because you're dramatic and like to throw fits at people asking to have the promised game design delivered... which... They've been doing... Again... That's on you.

They stated this was a Sandbox RPG.

They stated this was a Sandbox Game.

Not blended with sandbox. Not a Sandbox Creative Mode. This, by TFP's own hand, was written in description as Sandbox. Among Voxel and Open World and Zombie Survival.

It was not written as Jugginator and friends game to go bat poop crazy with insane stuff. However... There's always mods. Have at it. :thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

I can't help but think that some of you guys are just posting to pass the time while your stamina regens :D :D

lol. Work life... Does have it's own stamina bar...

Wow, this thread.

My 2c.

Sandbox - after the initial tut/quest, you can do whatever you want provided you have the skill/time/energy. Anything should be achievable if you put in the effort, not gated behind something that is a 1/0. Perks/Skill sets enhance, not unlock things just because. Progression is free form, doesnt matter which direction you choose.

Open World - Linear progression, while you're free to explore etc, you must do items x,y,z at some point to progress. Nothing further happens until you do.

Open World Sandbox - combination of. Pretty sure this is what we got. I dont agree with everything TFP do but splitting hairs over this, come on, you all have better things to do.

If I go back to the topic I'm really glad that TFP are going to make tower defense optional, for the last couple of alphas I felt left out, with each and every one of the alphas focusing more and more on eliminating me and everything I've collected and built, which is not why I started playing this game. Dogs, cops, football players, ferals (AND FERAL COPS OMFG), iradiated zombies and whatnot (INCLUDING COPS AGAIN FFS), heat maps, blood moons, sleepers,

FERAL SLEEPERS, you name it.

Digging zombies and overcrowded prefabs were really the last straw. That's why I really appreciate them planning to make TD optional, let people choose the experience they want. Improving performance and giving more exp for mining and stuff is a plan I also like.

I know it must be painful to see all the red reviews after so much time and effort were put into A17, but sadly the small ultra important things outweigh the super awesome, yet non-essential things. After all, how can I ever enjoy a jeep ride when I won't ever be able to build it and if I manage it by miracle, it will only bring in more zombies or just plain fall through the ground? Same applies to everything cool and new in A17 and even some basic stuff like base building. In A16.4 I could only build underground. Now I can't build anywhere.

Woah, i didn't know we had so many little girls that can't read playing this game. I mean it clearly says Zombie-Survival-Horde-Crafting Game, you can't just pick a couple and complain about the rest. i suggest you ladies play minecraft, or even, if you don't feel up to the task, My Little Pony is on the windows store, don't be shy and give it a try. I mean, I am all for options, but this is ridiculous.

Woah, i didn't know we had so many little girls that can't read playing this game. I mean it clearly says Zombie-Survival-Horde-Crafting Game, you can't just pick a couple and complain about the rest. i suggest you ladies play minecraft, or even, if you don't feel up to the task, My Little Pony is on the windows store, don't be shy and give it a try. I mean, I am all for options, but this is ridiculous.

Chill out Mary. Once you're done waking up from nap time and not so cranky, have a look at the descriptions on Steam and Kickstarter. Oh I'm sorry. You have a hard time looking stuff up? Here ya go lil one.

Kickstarter: "An open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games."

Steam: "7 Days to Die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. Play the definitive zombie survival sandbox RPG that came first. Navezgane awaits!"

Now look Mary. Just because you don't like Sandbox doesn't mean you can simply omit it. Or anything else that's been advertised as the game.

mmm... no pat on the head emoji I can find... Ah well. You'll have to comfort yourself little one.

Now go get a snack and play your Resident Evil or Dark Souls. Maybe you'll feel better when you're done. *HUGS!*

Try not to be a sexist ♥♥♥♥. It's not that hard.

Kalen said Sandbox means being able to deviate or ignore the main storyline in a game. I guess then even survival mode is still sandbox from the very beginning. Please feel free one and all to ignore the main storyline of the game.

Doc says that after you are established you have the ability and means to do pretty much whatever you want so in this sense too the survival mode has an element of sandbox to it.

Please feel free one and all to progress to that point.

Thanks Roland! Makes perfect sense to me. Appreciate the follow through man! Have a good one. :)

Kalen said Sandbox means being able to deviate or ignore the main storyline in a game. I guess then even survival mode is still sandbox from the very beginning. Please feel free one and all to ignore the main storyline of the game.

That isn't entirely what I said.... but, it's always nice to have people accept my opinions as fact!

You clearly having a hard time reading the kickstarter and steam description.

And you clearly are misunderstanding how you play the game wrong. You are NOT supposed to maneuver the game with your pe*is.

Archived