Underground Debate #589

konrax

When i first started playing this game i admit i was making underground bases for the first few weeks. Then i came to my senses and told myself, I am playing a survival game here, not a hide your sorry ass game.

All aspects of the game should be a threat, What's the point of having a zombie survival game if all you do is hide away, it gets boring fast. Challenge yourself and have fun, get out there and explore...

I love mining but if i know there's zombies around i go up top and slay them, or die trying !!

I dont understand why its a big deal that some people like to live underground in this game. I have started many worlds in 7 days some early on i went underground to get settled and start my journey and many worlds i didnt go underground. But to tell a person you have to play a certain way because its the way you play is completely wrong and unfair. Just because you may think its boring doesn't mean its boring to them. Maybe the way you're playing building the biggest baddest most secure base is boring to the person who likes to build their base underground.

My point is you paid for your game so play the way you want to play. Why should a person on his/her own world affect you.

Well, that's the danger in game design, when it comes to openworld games...

But you could look at it differently. Just dont do it. Simple.

What urges you to "mole it" on day one?

Game to hard? Well then just turn down the difficulty. Again, simple.

Just admit that you like PvP, and that you hate not being able to find anyone... :p

While I really do want it to have more horror, I agree that as of this instance it really isn't that scary (well, at night maybe), but I'm sure it will be at some point.

And don't get me wrong, I really do like the underground, I just want something challenging like oxygen depletion on deeper parts of it and such.

And I don't play PVP, it just doesn't fit with this game, for me atleast. I see it more like a singleplayer/coop kind of adventure.

I dont understand why its a big deal that some people like to live underground in this game. I have started many worlds in 7 days some early on i went underground to get settled and start my journey and many worlds i didnt go underground. But to tell a person you have to play a certain way because its the way you play is completely wrong and unfair. Just because you may think its boring doesn't mean its boring to them. Maybe the way you're playing building the biggest baddest most secure base is boring to the person who likes to build their base underground.

My point is you paid for your game so play the way you want to play. Why should a person on his/her own world affect you.

And I don't understand why you think we give a damn how you play. Please quote me a comment where ANYONE asked for underground living to be removed. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Didn't think so. We want underground to be fun. And in a survival game, "fun" usually equates with "dangerous".

While I really do want it to have more horror, I agree that as of this instance it really isn't that scary (well, at night maybe), but I'm sure it will be at some point.

And don't get me wrong, I really do like the underground, I just want something challenging like oxygen depletion on deeper parts of it and such.

And I don't play PVP, it just doesn't fit with this game, for me atleast. I see it more like a singleplayer/coop kind of adventure.

Yeah, SP/COOP is the way I view it too. With a little raid/revenge killing on the side.

Sure! An expanded underground could be fun. But so would boats and scuba gear and.....

My point as always is, that I dont want a change at any cost. The constant chatter on this matter, could potentially force the dev's to half ass it. Not likely, but I'm voicing my concern anyway.

Let's see if the new digger zombie, that faatal did, doesn't solve the issue. I have a good feeling ;)

- - - Updated - - -

-snip-

Didn't think so. We want underground to be fun. And in a survival game, "fun" usually equates with "dangerous".

Glad you used "usually" here.

Yeah, SP/COOP is the way I view it too. With a little raid/revenge killing on the side.

Sure! An expanded underground could be fun. But so would boats and scuba gear and.....

My point as always is, that I dont want a change at any cost. The constant chatter on this matter, could potentially force the dev's to half ass it. Not likely, but I'm voicing my concern anyway.

Let's see if the new digger zombie, that faatal did, doesn't solve the issue. I have a good feeling ;)

I look forward to that and the sleeper vultures. Just the thought of entering a busted down prefab and going up to the top level and seeing a flock of vultures waiting for me will be sweet in my book. Hopefully they all awaken on sight most of the time.

And I don't understand why you think we give a damn how you play. Please quote me a comment where ANYONE asked for underground living to be removed. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Please quote me where i said anything about underground should be removed. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Didn't think so. There are some complaints on whether or not there should be certain hazards underground and some people say why live underground its boring. My post was why are some people complaining how others play their own game. Please re read my post before commenting.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you used "usually" here.

Yeah because there are always exceptions. But I would say this, in a survival game "fun" NEVER equates with "safety"

I look forward to that and the sleeper vultures. Just the thought of entering a busted down prefab and going up to the top level and seeing a flock of vultures waiting for me will be sweet in my book. Hopefully they all awaken on sight most of the time.

Creepy!

Those new POI's too... So much stuff to explore.

Please quote me where i said anything about underground should be removed. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Didn't think so. There are some complaints on whether or not there should be certain hazards underground and some people say why live underground its boring. My post was why are some people complaining how others play their own game. Please re read my post before commenting.

I'll do that when you quote where I accused you of that. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Your first sentence was what I was responding to. You imply people don't want other people to be able to live underground. Actually you don't imply it. You say it straight out.

Well, that's the danger in game design, when it comes to openworld games...

But you could look at it differently. Just dont do it. Simple.

What urges you to "mole it" on day one?

Game to hard? Well then just turn down the difficulty. Again, simple.

Just admit that you like PvP, and that you hate not being able to find anyone... :p

I love pvp, and i hate not being able to find anyone! Tfp could always remove the mining from the game and make the ground impervious to damage:welcoming:

I love pvp, and i hate not being able to find anyone! Tfp could always remove the mining from the game and make the ground impervious to damage:welcoming:

There's a mod for that... Gnar mod or somthing like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Looser: Someone who untightens or sets something free.

"Looser"?

Sounds made up :p

MM talked about that a while ago - they could add a lot more to the game if they did this.

I could go either way but I doubt it is something they'd do this late in the game.

Can u imagine the crying about safe places, id love it!!

Since Morlocks would come out at night to get the Eloi, I suppose they'd come for you (and I) as well above ground. And since they're intelligent tool users, woe to your above ground base defenses as well.

You're cherry picking options. What you want is a specific style of play. That is what modding is for.

Safe play is NOT a play style. Underground living is. The Pimps NEVER once said "If you want to play this game with NO threats, we dig that and we will adapt our mechanics for that play style". All they promised is to allow your way of building.

There was never a guarantee of 100 percent safety from threats. Be it zombies, natural or gas related.

The whole idea of "I want to play with zombies but..." "I want to go above ground but...." I want to live underground but..." is exactly why modding is a thing. There's no possible way the Pimps can balance for ALL of what everyone wants.

What I actually want is the possibility to be safe from time to time, if I so choose. MadMole seemed to be willing to give players this possibility and Faatal seemed to dismiss it. This is what got this conversation started.

Because playing mole simulator on day 1 is a poor design for a survival horror game.

any game that lets you enjoy the game they way you want is not poor design.

the point of a game is to have fun and if they are having fun avoiding threats then its a job well done

what they should do is add threats to the underground and simply make it something that can be modded out

this way you can choose to play safe underground or have no safe place

everyone wins.

as for those who will say " no, everyone should be playing with no safe places because zombies" I ask, why do you care about how someone you will likely never meet or play with, plays their game? it's not like they are forcing you to log into their server.

- - - Updated - - -

The Floating Origin system. It works pretty well, but does cause the occasional bug since a lot of code has to know about it. Like last week I discovered the all zombies fell off the world bug the testers were occasionally seeing was from the origin changing and Entity physics thinking they all moved and shifting them back the opposite way, like below ground.

now I wana see a vid of the zeds walking off the edge of the world LOL

Archived