HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Looks awesome! I can't get it to work and try it out, tho - downloaded & installed the 7DLauncher, chose the mod, clicked install ... all it does is create a copy of the game. When I try to pre-sync the mod (as recommended) it's not doing much (download finished in 2 ms or so). Also I'm not sure if I have to activate any of the Modlets for the effects or is that step optional?

Anyway, keep up the good work! I'll figure this out somehow or do a manual installation :)

To get this working on the mod launcher you have to click 'Play Mod' button in the modlauncher interface it will then download and install the HDHQ Mod into your new game copy directory, but first I would make sure I have the modlets/SDX Mods I want to run with this before I click play.

modl.thumb.JPG.daed69618d0c4874982a53ffd15ddb53.JPG

You can do it manually or via the Get More Mods button on the interface , because you are in the HDHQ selection the mod/modlet interface will default to DUST2DEATH as the Author, to get the HDHQ Modlets click the green refresh button or the link below author. Install the desired modlets from HDHQ selection and click install and close.

To get other modlets change the Author selection to 'ALL' then install what you require, if you have modlets that are not part of the laucher collection add them manually in the Mods folder. It is important that you are 100% sure of what you want mod/modlet wise before you ultimately start a new game.

Hope this Helps

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Thanks for the hints! That is pretty much what I did, however ... the Modlets screen just closes when I checked a few (e.g. all the redux modlets) and click "Install and close", without downloading anything or the likes. I've tried to disable SSL and check "Direct Download" as an option, but that did not help either. It appears like the 7DLauncher can't really connect to github, but I also don't get any meaningful error message.

Thanks for the hints! That is pretty much what I did, however ... the Modlets screen just closes when I checked a few (e.g. all the redux modlets) and click "Install and close", without downloading anything or the likes. I've tried to disable SSL and check "Direct Download" as an option, but that did not help either. It appears like the 7DLauncher can't really connect to github, but I also don't get any meaningful error message.

Just tried it on mine ... stuck at performing full clone for quite a while and then eventually it downloads I am sure it used to be pretty instant starting the file copy last time I installed

Sorry for the trouble. After it fails, can you click on the View menu, then Log files, then click on Upload Log file, and copy and paste the Pastebin.com link it gives you?

No updates required for 17.2b27. The 17.2b20 files work fine.

Modlets work fine too.

That's great to know, so all set for 17.2 stable? Nice!

Thank you, lovin the mod yet wanted to ask if it's needed to have the HDHQ prefix on the plants? If it can be removed - could you name locations? Either way I'll use it in my vid series (almost ready!) and will be mentioning your mod as well as text credits/link. :fat:

That's great to know, so all set for 17.2 stable? Nice!

Thank you, lovin the mod yet wanted to ask if it's needed to have the HDHQ prefix on the plants? If it can be removed - could you name locations? Either way I'll use it in my vid series (almost ready!) and will be mentioning your mod as well as text credits/link. :fat:

Prefix is necessary as farmed versions arent changed (still vanilla - didnt want to nuke servers with farms), so you would conflict.

So guys, do I need to install it on my dedi server or does it also work for me on my pc without installing it on the server?

From the OP

MAIN PACK - CLIENT SIDE ONLY

DO NOT INSTALL TO A DEDICATED SERVER

Drag the 2 folders from the archive into your game directory

Yes to replace all files

MODLETS

INSTALL TO BOTH THE CLIENT AND SERVER

Create a Mods Folder in the main game directory

Copy Modlet folders from archive into the new Mods folder

I installed the 2k overhaul using the mod launcher. Does that include the entire HDHQ mod list? Because if I try to add the particle effect modlet or one of the biome Redux modlets the launcher does not seem to put them in the mod folder.

I could download and install them manually but don't want to break it before I start lol

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)

I think he's asking about the name of the plant showing up on the screen.

the name appearing on screen is controlled by this line:

<property name="DisplayInfo" value="Name"/>

- - - Updated - - -

I installed the 2k overhaul using the mod launcher. Does that include the entire HDHQ mod list? Because if I try to add the particle effect modlet or one of the biome Redux modlets the launcher does not seem to put them in the mod folder.

I could download and install them manually but don't want to break it before I start lol

The main install is only the main pack.

You need to then use the Add more mods button and select from there.

I guess Sphereii is having problems?

the name appearing on screen is controlled by this line:

<property name="DisplayInfo" value="Name"/>

- - - Updated - - -

The main install is only the main pack.

You need to then use the Add more mods button and select from there.

I guess Sphereii is having problems?

Well he helped me get the modlets installed by deleting the GitLab folder and re downloading. Unfortunately I could not get the game to start with the launcher. I even deleted all and started over. I may have been trying to install conflicting mods or something but the first attempt ended at generating map (everytime) and the second attempt at using the launcher to run HDHQ would end directly after Fun Pimps splash screen. Same mods installed each time.

Anyway I'm working on installing manually right now, but I really want to try Guppy's vehicle overhaul so I'll have to figure something out there as I don't compile SDX. Got a couple of ideas, we'll see.

I think he's asking about the name of the plant showing up on the screen.

Just the HDHQ prefix to the name, its ok if it would be a conflict as Dust2death mentioned.

Was just hoping for cotton instead of HDHQ_Cotton.

Immersion stuff ya know? granted, it's his mod and games break it anyway... well unless you guys get visual popups to things you look at. :) I'd probably need some strong psychedelics for that. Well.. usually.

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <remove xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedCotton3Harvest]"

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/subbiome[@prob=0.12]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedGoldenrod3Harvest]/@blockname"

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/subbiome[@prob=0.12]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedChrysanthemum3Harvest]/@blockname"

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/subbiome[@prob=0.12]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedCotton3Harvest]/@blockname"

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedChrysanthemum3Harvest]/@blockname"

Got this errors on A17.2

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <remove xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedCotton3Harvest]"

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/subbiome[@prob=0.12]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedGoldenrod3Harvest]/@blockname"

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/subbiome[@prob=0.12]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedChrysanthemum3Harvest]/@blockname"

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/subbiome[@prob=0.12]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedCotton3Harvest]/@blockname"

2019-02-28T20:12:08 95.170 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQPlants-Wind" did not apply: <set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/decorations/decoration[@blockname=plantedChrysanthemum3Harvest]/@blockname"

Got this errors on A17.2

You have a modlet or something else that has removed/changed what the Plant-Wind modlet is looking for.

Check any other modlets that load *before* HDHQPlants-Wind

Just the HDHQ prefix to the name, its ok if it would be a conflict as Dust2death mentioned.

Was just hoping for cotton instead of HDHQ_Cotton.

Immersion stuff ya know? granted, it's his mod and games break it anyway... well unless you guys get visual popups to things you look at. :) I'd probably need some strong psychedelics for that. Well.. usually.

Oh, okay. That would be a localization issue, and I'm not sure if this mod has one, but if it does (likely) you'll have to manually install it into the data/configs folder because the pimps in their infinite wisdom, don't push that particular file.

Well he helped me get the modlets installed by deleting the GitLab folder and re downloading. Unfortunately I could not get the game to start with the launcher. I even deleted all and started over. I may have been trying to install conflicting mods or something but the first attempt ended at generating map (everytime) and the second attempt at using the launcher to run HDHQ would end directly after Fun Pimps splash screen. Same mods installed each time.

Anyway I'm working on installing manually right now, but I really want to try Guppy's vehicle overhaul so I'll have to figure something out there as I don't compile SDX. Got a couple of ideas, we'll see.

Okay let's forget the launcher and git. Well, sort of. On the git, download the zip of the entire mod, and unzip it into the game folder, making sure the files replace the ones that are already there... I don't know his file struct, so you may need to look for the files to overwrite.

All of the XML ones (including mine) simply go into a gamefolder/mods folder. So mine would look like gamefolder/mods/guppymobiles and his would look like gamefolder/mods/hdhq2k or whatever his mod name is.

Hey @Dust2Death!

The first page says A17.2 B20, the live/stable version is now A17.2 B27....

is this still compatible?

thanx! Very good work! Using this in my upcoming BorderlandZ-Mod!

Hoping you find time for your other texturing work! ;-)

Hey @Dust2Death!

The first page says A17.2 B20, the live/stable version is now A17.2 B27....

is this still compatible?

thanx! Very good work! Using this in my upcoming BorderlandZ-Mod!

Hoping you find time for your other texturing work! ;-)

Had no trouble thus far, playing both solo & ded. server for a couple of weeks, but today (with new game) I loaded in "Darkness Falls", which has HDHQ as being compatible... but when watching the server log on loading, I see "patch for "loot.xml" & "progression.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply, and similarly with the xml patch for "biomes.xml" from the DesertRedux mod. After removing the offending mods the server loaded fine, but the client still borked with another similar error which I didn't note at that time, but will on the next run.