The new water physics SUCK!

Gravel

The new water physics SUCK! Now you can only fill a half block high. So many fun ideas that cant be tested. What a shame! It is a big mistake to limit the players creativity. You should give us more options not less.:upset:

Actually, technically, I'm not sure whether water physics and "filling block half up" is entirely accurate. That's more of a water quantity issue :p

Now the way water flows through glass blocks and all that, I would label a water physics issue which needs fixing. Having trouble with my infinity pool leaking water all the way down to the ground :(

/V - Quick Tips N Tricks - Enabling GOD weapons!

@mirror - The seagull will steal FOR you. And that may be the reason why it's winning in the poll.

@snowdog - ...and it's dangerous too. The crab has a Hattori Hanzō knife and can slice and dice anything in it's path, both land and water. The OP is correct, you can only fill a block half high with water, and this might be why.

• 5 months later...

Blame greifers on pve servers for why water was changed to what it is now, they were bascally flooding peoples bases on a pve server, so the devs nerfed the water so they couldn't do it anymore. Yet another prime example how multiplayer can damage/ruin a game due to the asshats in todays online society.

I would vote Seagull everyday. Look at how quick it moved. Meaning you could send him in a POI and steal all the loot without waking up the sleepers inside. Crab would never be able to make headshots so will only criple and slow down ze Z's by destroying the legs.

Blame greifers on pve servers for why water was changed to what it is now, they were bascally flooding peoples bases on a pve server, so the devs nerfed the water so they couldn't do it anymore. Yet another prime example how multiplayer can damage/ruin a game due to the asshats in todays online society.

Why not enable it in PVP? water is always fun :D

Seagull and crab are weak. The Goatenwerfer or Flammengoat is the way to go. Quote from the steamforums by behemot and chocolate teapot:

Quote from behemoth227:

A trained goat equipped with a back mounted flame thrower. He makes goat noises in a deep baritone and very aggressively. We can call him the flammengoater. Or the Goatenwerfer.

Quote from Chocolate Teapot:

+1

I want a Flammengoater, I will call him Chuckles and I will love him and hug him and feed him chocolate coated broccoli and shrimp, I will put him to bed in a cradle of willow with candyfloss pillows and marshmallow blankets and he WILL NOT eat my stash!

I hate water in this game. My dream has always been to build an underwater base with bulletproof glass walls. If you try that, it turns out to be a colossal mess. One of my biggest disappointments in this game is that we can’t incorporate water better into our builds.

They didn’t change it because of griefers. They changed the water because it was killing performance the way it was. They experimented with an alternative method that removed falling voxels of water but then never developed it past their initial stab at it. One of these days they’ll return to it.

Archived