Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I added "Snufkin ´s Custom Zombies" to my server, which seems to work well with DF. I can spawn all the ner zeds by debug but they never spawn alone.
If I start a new local test - server (exact copy) I see sometimes a zed but not very frequently.

This is what the spawning.xml looks like:

<configs>
	<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest']">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesPineForest" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesPineForestNight" />
	</append>
	<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert']">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesDesertNight" />
	</append>
	<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='wasteland']">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightHard" />
	</append>
</configs>

I will try it out to raise the limit. I am level 135 and its getting boring since I just have the goal to get laser weapons. Your DF mod is great but at lvl 125 its not much to do so I try to get a more chalanging gameplay. snufkin ´s creatures are pure XML and could maybe fill the hole / give a bit more endgame challange. I wish you could add them to DF default. :)

I have passed your version 3.2A completely, 2 times!

I might just be unlucky, but I never found small bunkers! First, I’ll say I didn’t like it! The number of received red cards was about 100 jokes! And all in the big bunker! At this stage of the game, they are not needed at all. The number of keys exceeded 400, although only one large bunker! And then it's really boring.

I want to share my ideas for the further development of the mod!

1.Return small bunkers, and only drop red cards there.

2. Everyone knows that in the radiation zone, the harvest of vegetable gardens is 3-5 times more than in a usual place. This can be exploited by moving the base into a radioactive area.

To be able to locate a vegetable garden in a radioactive zone, it must be possible to build a shelter protected from radiation.

To do this, you need to make the following changes.

There are very beautiful blue portals in the big bunkers!

You can use these portals to charge Power Armor for 7 days.

After the armor is charged in this portal, it will acquire temporarily improved properties that will allow you to farm huge fire portals. In this armor, it will be much easier to do, since it will need to be obtained as a special loot, a special ingredient.

This ingredient will allow using a laser workbench to transform titanium blocks of armor and so on ... into radiation-resistant items. You can make a safe shelter out of blocks, use new types of armor, and so on.

There is an incentive to move to a radioactive zone and start farming portals. This will lengthen the game by at least another 30 percent! Once a week, a super-boss should come out of the fire portal. Which you will need to quickly kill, by analogy with an exploding boss, with a light bulb on his chest.

If you don't kill him, there will be a strong nuclear explosion that will damage all buildings in the radioactive zone.

And if you manage to kill him, you can get a part of a special protective field generator, which, when turned on during the 7th day, will turn all green zombies into ordinary ferrals! (except those with a light bulb that explode) In general, something like this :)))

Thanks!

I apologize in advance for the google translator.

4 hours ago, WhiteLion said:

I will try it out to raise the limit. I am level 135 and its getting boring since I just have the goal to get laser weapons. Your DF mod is great but at lvl 125 its not much to do so I try to get a more chalanging gameplay. snufkin ´s creatures are pure XML and could maybe fill the hole / give a bit more endgame challange. I wish you could add them to DF default. :)

All the updated Snufkin mods work without issue, (the vehicle one you have to edit the loot xml's/item for Snufkin as there is a conflict with item 950-951, if i remember right). The creature pack for JUST Zeds also seems to work (You get some yellow errors but is fine).  The newest Snufkin that Arramus just released with a .8 spawn rate on the new zeds adds some challenge (Laser Sharks). The baby animals xml mod posted in this forum works also (just go in and edit the HP to 2000-5000 for each baby and you'll find a mini zed bear with 5000 hp adds some challenge lol). i'm on day 65 and i'm level 86 or so with all these (plus more) mods working just fine (just gotta test on a clean save IMO).

On 11/27/2020 at 12:08 PM, WhiteLion said:

I added "Snufkin ´s Custom Zombies" to my server, which seems to work well with DF. I can spawn all the ner zeds by debug but they never spawn alone.
If I start a new local test - server (exact copy) I see sometimes a zed but not very frequently.

<configs>
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesPineForest" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesPineForestNight" />
	</append>
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesDesertNight" />
	</append>
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightHard" />
	</append>
</configs>

Run a test on a new game. Try removing ALL other mods apart from DF and the newest Snufkin Community pack release (the newest one from this week has a much higher spawn rate). If it works then it's probably another mod. I was getter zero zeds when I had the old "demolishers" everyone mod on my DF server, removed that mod, rebooted and was fine. So you probably have a mod issue. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, 7daystodrink said:

We just started playing this mod and love it!  Can someone tell me where we find the time of day? Thanks!

Hi 7daystodrink

The time of day you can see in the vending machines, when making a watch and I also create with the trader.
Regards

On 11/25/2020 at 9:03 PM, aY227 said:

Is it possible to add clock and/or exp gained? 

(including editing xml)

Answering to myself.

It's a part of SpherellCore - blocks.xml

<property name="DisableXPIconNotification" value="false" />
        <!-- Don't like the UI element for XP? Set to true to disable. -->

This.

KGB - Thanks for nothing, I love DF.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:18 AM, HydraVega said:

So my servers spawning is all messed up. Almost no animal spawns, zombies seem to spawn less, and horde nights aren't spawning anything at all. Any idea why the spawning would be so messed up?? The entity groups look ok (from what I can tell), but its as if something is missing to call upon said groups to spawn. Let me know if any other files need to be shared. Thanks

entitygroups.xml 642.72 kB · 0 downloads biomes.xml 101.97 kB · 0 downloads spawning.xml 44.01 kB · 0 downloads

@KhaineGB We increased max zombies and animals with no effects. Roaming zombies, all animals (excluding vultures, bears,and snakes) still aren't spawning. I don't believe I have seen a single modded zombie either Any other suggestions??

Edited by HydraVega (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Dre said:

All the updated Snufkin mods work without issue, (the vehicle one you have to edit the loot xml's/item for Snufkin as there is a conflict with item 950-951, if i remember right). The creature pack for JUST Zeds also seems to work (You get some yellow errors but is fine).  The newest Snufkin that Arramus just released with a .8 spawn rate on the new zeds adds some challenge (Laser Sharks). The baby animals xml mod posted in this forum works also (just go in and edit the HP to 2000-5000 for each baby and you'll find a mini zed bear with 5000 hp adds some challenge lol). i'm on day 65 and i'm level 86 or so with all these (plus more) mods working just fine (just gotta test on a clean save IMO).

Run a test on a new game. Try removing ALL other mods apart from DF and the newest Snufkin Community pack release (the newest one from this week has a much higher spawn rate). If it works then it's probably another mod. I was getter zero zeds when I had the old "demolishers" everyone mod on my DF server, removed that mod, rebooted and was fine. So you probably have a mod issue. 

Laser sharks sounds great XD... Thanx for your answer. I ve only "Sorcery DF variant" running. Maybe it has to do with Sorcery. Errors does not occur.
Can you provide me links to the pack(s) that work(s)?
I raised the spawn limit from 72 to 80 zeds... but if that helps ? hmmmmpf

9 hours ago, WhiteLion said:

Laser sharks sounds great XD... Thanx for your answer. I ve only "Sorcery DF variant" running. Maybe it has to do with Sorcery. Errors does not occur.
Can you provide me links to the pack(s) that work(s)?
I raised the spawn limit from 72 to 80 zeds... but if that helps ? hmmmmpf

I haven't tested with DF and the sorcery mod. The more mods you add the more likely conflicts will pop up and you'll need to know how to look at the log and edit xml's to make them work. I have it set to 100 zeds and 50 animals. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

On 11/27/2020 at 3:08 PM, WhiteLion said:

<configs>
	</append>
	</append>
	</append>
</configs>

if it's the base Snufkin is it perhaps because not all the zombies are available all the time?  Some of them spawn on night only, one by a quest iirc and another on the bloodmoon.  so maybe you aren't seeing them because of time of day or biome?  just an idea

On 11/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, KhaineGB said:

Post in there and ask one of the mods to reset you.

Huh, it worked for me. Will have to look into it.

I think you have to add the launcher version of the game to steam.

Still doesn't work when I add it to the Steam.... 🤔🤔

I mean... my response is gonna be "Then don't use a controller" because I think using a controller on a PC game that isn't a twin-stick shooter, flight sim, fighting game or driving game is just asking for trouble.

And if you absolutely HAVE to, use an XBox one because it's natively supported by Windows. PS4 isn't.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, KhaineGB said:

Post in there and ask one of the mods to reset you.

Huh, it worked for me. Will have to look into it.

I think you have to add the launcher version of the game to steam.

But I will always, always, always recommend either using keyboard and mouse (because it's way better for this game) or an xbox controller (because it's natively supported by windows)

Then that's a localization error.

You need level 5 to get additional crops from wild plants.

Which XBox controller do you recommend? 

Edited by morph (see edit history)

so can i get some help bc its really annoying can anyone tell me y my terrain is generating like this the only place it isnt like this really is tiny little mounds and towns also i cant find eve anywhere ive went to 4 different burnt biomes an she jus isnt spawning is there something i need to do first?

Screenshot_(32).png

3 hours ago, morph said:

Which XBox controller do you recommend? 

I personally use either a wired MadCats 360 controller or just the controller off my Xbox One. Works fine wired in with USB (the newer versions apparently have bluetooth).

54 minutes ago, ALT_Pain said:

so can i get some help bc its really annoying can anyone tell me y my terrain is generating like this the only place it isnt like this really is tiny little mounds and towns also i cant find eve anywhere ive went to 4 different burnt biomes an she jus isnt spawning is there something i need to do first?

Screenshot_(32).png

The game has just been doing that since A19. Seems to be worser the larger your map is. I've regenerated all mine in 19.3 and 8k is pretty much fine, 10k isn't bad, 12k is... ok... 16k is kinda like that out in the wilderness (but roads are ok for some reason)