Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 hours ago, ALT_Pain said:

are there no small bunkers anymore ive looked everywhere in all my burnt biomes

Try this: open up the Debug menu for POI's, type DF in search. There should be 2 types (lab and bunker), can teleport to it to find it (cheating but at least you'd find it).

A few questions:

1) I've tried using first aid bandages to heal other players in the world and it doesn't seem to work. Are there any bandage/heal/kits that I should be able to use on other players?

2) I tried curing animal poison on my character, and the help icon for the animal poison said that a paramedics kit would cure it, but it didn't. Is the antivenom the only item that can remove animal poison?

3) With the pending release of A19.3 stable, will those of us on A19.2 and DF v3.2A need to restart their world? Just planning for the near future.

I have 2 questions, 

1. is the only way to get hazmat fiber to scrap a hazmat part?  Can it be crafted?  

2. In a youtube video they have mentioned Ani-Rad pills...is that a thing?  I dont see it in the crafting menu.

thank you and loving the mod.

On 11/28/2020 at 4:29 PM, 7daystodrink said:

We just started playing this mod and love it!  Can someone tell me where we find the time of day? Thanks!

Also the Survivalist can make a watch mod that if put in arm armor will tell the time on screen. It can drop as rare loot also.

I came here to complain about the broken arm death sentence. Is it intended to have a broken arm be a death sentence? If I have to fight zombies on the way back to base it massively increases time to heal. If I craft a splint it massively increases time to heal, If I craft a cast it massively increases time to heal. I have to sit and do nothing for 6 real time hours to heal (not fun). If I have to defend my base or if I craft food to eat or drink the time increases so I will starve before my arm heals. As easy as it is to have a dog attack give you an infection and a broken arm that as you kill the dogs your time to heal goes up and then you take some medicine for the infection and the time to heal goes up.  Fight my way  to base and make food and now I was looking at 26 hours to heal. On a 90 minute day setting that is too much time to sit and think about my life choices. 😖

I had to mod in a 'Bone Mend Pill' to keep the mod playable for me

Edited by Quicksilver (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Quicksilver said:

I came here to complain about the broken arm death sentence. Is it intended to have a broken arm be a death sentence? If I have to fight zombies on the way back to base it massively increases time to heal. If I craft a splint it massively increases time to heal, If I craft a cast it massively increases time to heal. I have to sit and do nothing for 6 real time hours to heal (not fun). If I have to defend my base or if I craft food to eat or drink the time increases so I will starve before my arm heals. As easy as it is to have a dog attack give you an infection and a broken arm that as you kill the dogs your time to heal goes up and then you take some medicine for the infection and the time to heal goes up.  Fight my way  to base and make food and now I was looking at 26 hours to heal. On a 90 minute day setting that is too much time to sit and think about my life choices. 😖

I've found that the untreated broken/sprained icon/time is not relevant to having the bone splinted or casted. Once you splint or cast the recovery time is always the same, 10 or 20 minutes from what I recall and doesn't increase any further. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I have observed.

I do agree that this does seem like a concern as returning from a T5 mission, one of our players had over 700 hours of broken bone in the timer. Soon as she put on a cast, it went down to "normal" recovery time or 10 or 20 minutes - I forget exactly.

4 hours ago, SteelerX said:

I have 2 questions, 

1. is the only way to get hazmat fiber to scrap a hazmat part?  Can it be crafted?  

2. In a youtube video they have mentioned Ani-Rad pills...is that a thing?  I dont see it in the crafting menu.

I've only ever seen hazmat fiber from scrapping hazmat suit parts.

I discovered yesterday that the Master Scientist can make the anti-rad pills in the chemistry station. I've never tested the pills, but plan to do so later this week. Previously, I would just scrap all of the hazmat pieces until I could make the ready suit mods. Hopefully the anti-rad pill will allow a bit earlier venturing into the wasteland. I lost my minibike there yesterday after dying :)

6 hours ago, Raheal said:

A few questions:

1) I've tried using first aid bandages to heal other players in the world and it doesn't seem to work. Are there any bandage/heal/kits that I should be able to use on other players?

2) I tried curing animal poison on my character, and the help icon for the animal poison said that a paramedics kit would cure it, but it didn't. Is the antivenom the only item that can remove animal poison?

3) With the pending release of A19.3 stable, will those of us on A19.2 and DF v3.2A need to restart their world? Just planning for the near future.

1) Not currently working. POSSIBLY fixed in 19.3 (difficult for me to test but the code looks right).
2) DEFINITELY not intended. Will fix.
3) Yes you will.

5 hours ago, SteelerX said:

I have 2 questions, 

1) Yep.
2) Yes they are a thing. Scientist Mastery.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

Then stop power attacking or aiming with weapons when you have a broken/sprained arm.

Or get a cast. The Guard Captain often sells them.

You can deal with it if you actually stop and think. 😛

Also, the splinted/cast buffs get rid of sprained/broken and DON'T get worse if you then to continue to play normally.

Personally I keep a shotgun of some kind on me at all times for this. Broken arm? Bust out the shotgun and just blast. Don't need to aim. Don't need to power attack. Often stuns zombies.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Falaffel said:

oh fuuuu... i am finally able to travel the wasteland and don't want to restart atm. otoh i don't want to miss the fixes ... are you sure?

I am completely sure. I re-wrote a huge chunk of the back-end for the mod to make it easier for me to keep up to date going forward. I also re-generated the included worlds.

So I strongly advise making a copy so you can continue playing without issues once 19.3 drops.

Farming again:

Do appletrees not grow to their final size if planted on snow (in winter biome), like other trees do? I planted some, they grew to the next stage after 1-2 days (60min days). That was like 6-8 days ago. Don't know what growtime they should have, but seems a little long. So probably it's the snow?

Also tried planting crops on tilled soil.

First attempt with a hole i filled with water using a bucket. Some crops grew, some other didn't.  When i loaded into the game again, the water was gone. Wasn't said here, that the water is not consumed? As i realized that the water was gone, i abandoned that farm.

I had another "farm" going with a rain catcher. As shown in tutorials in a hole 2 blocks deep, also digged out blocks around the rain catcher, so the water can spread. Planted some stuff and there are 4 plants growing (3x potato, 1x wheat). I already harvested them twice. Everything else (another 10x potato, aloe, golden rod, corn, ...) seems to be stuck in "seed" or "growing" state.

While the water was not gone in the first experiment i had the same effect there. 2x potato and 2x aloe grew there, everything else not.

It's not about the distance to the water. All crops have water within range of 4 blocks as required. The few growing are also not the closest to the water, it seems completely random (but the few that grow are always the same).

Is there any other mechanic i don't know? What am i doing wrong?

I thought, water must be within 4 blocks, biome doesn't matter, water is not consumed, grow time is a fixed timer (like ~3 days)?

Also i tried the animal snare and the chicken coop. Some of them vanished immediately after i placed them. Another one was placed days ago but now also vanished (probably when it spawned something?). It's really gone, not just invisible. There is no block anymore.

Oh and vending machines don't restock in DF? At least the one from our trader hasn't restocked once until now (day 13).

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

On 12/2/2020 at 3:27 PM, ALT_Pain said:

are there no small bunkers anymore ive looked everywhere in all my burnt biomes

7 hours ago, ALT_Pain said:

how do i do tht

On what map are you playing ?

I can make a preview map with markers.

Hi, just started this mod and loving it. Question about clothing- have not got to see much of it since I started yesterday, but does it look any different (ie power armor)? Also is there a way to get the clothing those trader guards have? They look sweet.

Did some further testing (unsing DF 3.2A, 60min days, everything default setting):

Built 3 structures. One with farming plots + rain catcher, one with tilled soil + rain catcher, one with tilled soil + waterblock. As seen in farming1.jpg and farming2.jpg. Everything built on day 1 (around midday).

On farming2.jpg you can also see that 2 of the yuccas didn't grow at all. The others are at least advanced to growing state, but still not fully grown. It's day 6 as you can see in the screenshots. Is it supposed to take them THAT long to grow?

I also planted apple trees, also on day 1. One one on sand, one on snow, one on dirt (left to right). On day 6 still not grown at all.

What am i missing? What am i doing wrong? Is this a bug?

Edit: I played with the timespeed, finally set it to 15 instead of (default 5). It's been approximately 3 real time hours. Even if plants grow in real time (i at least red it somewhere regarding vanilla), it's still very slow growing.

I just restarted the game and planted the free fields with potatoes. Let's see what they do now.

Edit2: few minutes later the apple trees grew one stage.

Edit3: Now after almost 5 hours (realtime) plants on tilled soil + rain catcher grew to final stage.

Plants on the farm plots (i planted them before the others) only two have fully grown, the two that didn't grow at all are now at growing stage. The other ones are still in growing state.

Seems... randomly. Are the times intended? If yes, where can i tweak them?

Did the two delayed plants probably have gotten water only later? However there was water in range of 4 blocks early? The other structure with just a water block also grew (so range should not be an issue) . Those two on the far edge reached final state. However now the water blocks i depleted? So the water IS consumed somehow?

farming1.jpg

farming2.jpg

farming3.jpg

farming4.jpg

farming5.jpg

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Farming again:

Do appletrees not grow to their final size if planted on snow (in winter biome), like other trees do? I planted some, they grew to the next stage after 1-2 days (60min days). That was like 6-8 days ago. Don't know what growtime they should have, but seems a little long. So probably it's the snow?

Also tried planting crops on tilled soil.

First attempt with a hole i filled with water using a bucket. Some crops grew, some other didn't.  When i loaded into the game again, the water was gone. Wasn't said here, that the water is not consumed? As i realized that the water was gone, i abandoned that farm.

I had another "farm" going with a rain catcher. As shown in tutorials in a hole 2 blocks deep, also digged out blocks around the rain catcher, so the water can spread. Planted some stuff and there are 4 plants growing (3x potato, 1x wheat). I already harvested them twice. Everything else (another 10x potato, aloe, golden rod, corn, ...) seems to be stuck in "seed" or "growing" state.

While the water was not gone in the first experiment i had the same effect there. 2x potato and 2x aloe grew there, everything else not.

It's not about the distance to the water. All crops have water within range of 4 blocks as required. The few growing are also not the closest to the water, it seems completely random (but the few that grow are always the same).

Is there any other mechanic i don't know? What am i doing wrong?

I thought, water must be within 4 blocks, biome doesn't matter, water is not consumed, grow time is a fixed timer (like ~3 days)?

Also i tried the animal snare and the chicken coop. Some of them vanished immediately after i placed them. Another one was placed days ago but now also vanished (probably when it spawned something?). It's really gone, not just invisible. There is no block anymore.

Oh and vending machines don't restock in DF? At least the one from our trader hasn't restocked once until now (day 13).

Plants consume water. That's why a lot of folks use the rain catcher since it constantly spawns water.

If there's no water nearby on their update check, then they skip growing and you have to wait again. Grow time is 3-ish RL hours. Changing server speed does NOT alter this.

The farmer mastery hydroponic plants grow a lot faster. Trees should just grow wherever but they also take quite a while.

2 hours ago, SteelerX said:

Question: I use a SMG (never really have in regular 7D2D).  I see it increases my auto weapons and my pistol. Does the SMG get bonuses from both?  Should I focus my points in pistols or auto or both?

thanks anyone who knows

SMG levels pistol and automatic weapons actions skills, AND benefits from both.

However it ONLY benefits from pistol PERKS. So like... Better Lead Than Dead (Auto weapon perk) doesn't work, but The Outlaw (pistol perk) DOES work.

25 minutes ago, SteelerX said:

I was watching a video on DF on youtube  and saw the guy repair a gun and it was red 71, when he repaired it it went to 71 full repaired, how to do you get that perk to repair fully and keep it red 71?  the crafting perks only hold to 51...

You need The Completionist perk.

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Plants consume water. That's why a lot of folks use the rain catcher since it constantly spawns water.

When and how many water is consumed?

So the different grow stages might be explained by one growing crop uses up a block of water and shortly after the next crop grows but hasn't any water anymore, because it was used by the other crop before? Even when using a rain catcher? (Shouldn't happen if i look at how many blocks the rain catcher spawns and they are all in range of 4 blocks, but i still don't know how much water is needed and how much these partly water blocks are). And that also delays their total grow time because they skipped one growth check? What in the end makes the practical growth time longer then their theoretical 3 hours?

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

The farmer mastery hydroponic plants grow a lot faster. Trees should just grow wherever but they also take quite a while.

The apple trees are still not fully grown, after ~6 hours (From murphys law they will grow soon when i continue my test, but that's almost a whole ingame week! That's very very long). I also wondered, because the regular trees we planted nearby grew much faster.