Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

4 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Yep, have seen that. However i already have a huge amount of farm plots and i guess in snow biome you have to dig off the layer of snow first? And farm plots don't need a hoe. So in my case, using farm plots might still be easier. ;)

Ok, so a hole just filled with water from a bucket works also?

I read that the rain catcher can overflow and that can destroy your plants. To avoid it, place it 2 blocks deep.

So if i'm probably going to use farm plots, i guess leaving out one farm plot every 8 blocks and just fill that hole with water is still easier?

Ah, ok. I also tested hitting them, because i knew from other mods that "pickup with e" doesn't repsect the LOTL-perk.

But i'm not sure anymore, if i just tested with a tool/club or with bare hands.

from what I understand the plants WILL consume water so if it's just a hole filled with water you'll have to keep refilling it.  Don't know how often. 

The rain catcher constantly generates a block of water above it, that's why you dig a hole 2 squares deep to put it in so it doesn't overflow. 

Also, just to be on the safe side I place them every 6 blocks.  I'd rather have too much coverage than have crops not grow.

21 minutes ago, Valrin72 said:

from what I understand the plants WILL consume water so if it's just a hole filled with water you'll have to keep refilling it. 

Will they? That should really be mentioned, because that is an absolute game changer.

I just watched a quick tutorial how such indoor gardens work, and from what i understand, the irrigator also needs a water block, but the water is NOT consumed. From that i'd expect a daylight garden also not to consume it?

And if you plant stuff next to a natural water source like a lake, it will empty the water blocks on the lakes shore?

4 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Will they? That should really be mentioned, because that is an absolute game changer.

I just watched a quick tutorial how such indoor gardens work, and from what i understand, the irrigator also needs a water block, but the water is NOT consumed. From that i'd expect a daylight garden also not to consume it?

And if you plant stuff next to a natural water source like a lake, it will empty the water blocks on the lakes shore?

Yes they do. Underground plants are different, so they don't use water but they REQUIRE irrigation.

Just now, SteelerX said:

I did a pregen DF and then I did one with nitrogen (with DF zones)

Sounds like you picked one of the maps without CP stuff. IIRC, the maps ending with 2 do not have compo pack, maps ending with 1 do.

And nitrogen won't work with DF because it doesn't have the bunkers, and I will not be making a nitrogen list.

10 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Says it's an AI error. Killall will fix it but i'll have to go manually spawn all the @%$# and work out where it's crashing.

Will killall affect the guards or trader?  And since it's horde night I guess I'll just have to keep doing it until spawns stop.  Then I just spawn in each mob until I find the glitched one?

Hi
2 questions...

1. How do u stop the spawning of zombies in the small lab burnt forest? Theres no portal there, like in the big lab ive seen youtube vids of.

- Did however manage to put up some metalframes in the kitchen blocking the zombies, giving me endless research notes from the ever refreshing lab-chicks lootbags :)

2. There might be a bug with blood drawing kits. I tried one, and got the orange skull debuff, The tried it again and got the red cardiac arrest. I stayed alive with medkits until the cardiac arrest wore off, but following every next 10-15 min of playing time, i got the cardiac arrest again. ANd it kept doing this for 4-5 times... even after reviveing, after i tried letting myself die 2-3 times. 

And then suddenly the "bug" didnt reappear.

Hey, is the titanium patch for 3.1 still available?  I'm waiting for A19.3 stable to come out before I update my game and DF, so I'm still running 3.1 DF and the link you posted weeks ago for the block patch no longer works.

3 minutes ago, M1kkelangelo said:

Hi
2 questions...

1. How do u stop the spawning of zombies in the small lab burnt forest? Theres no portal there, like in the big lab ive seen youtube vids of.

- Did however manage to put up some metalframes in the kitchen blocking the zombies, giving me endless research notes from the ever refreshing lab-chicks lootbags :)

2. There might be a bug with blood drawing kits. I tried one, and got the orange skull debuff, The tried it again and got the red cardiac arrest. I stayed alive with medkits until the cardiac arrest wore off, but following every next 10-15 min of playing time, i got the cardiac arrest again. ANd it kept doing this for 4-5 times... even after reviveing, after i tried letting myself die 2-3 times. 

1 - destroy the body bags

2 - a debuff was added to blood draw kits so no more spamming them.  I don't have that version of DF so I don't know anymore than that.

Thx for the reply, Valrin.

1. Check! Thx

2. But i didnt spam them... first blooddraw = orange debuff. second blooddraw = cardiac arrest. Then i stopped drawing blood, but as mentioned above i kept getting cardiac arrests multiple times, just walking, sitting in my base, etc. Just seemed lige a bug since it happened without provocation, over and over..

1 hour ago, Valrin72 said:

Will killall affect the guards or trader?  And since it's horde night I guess I'll just have to keep doing it until spawns stop.  Then I just spawn in each mob until I find the glitched one?

Yes.

1 hour ago, M1kkelangelo said:

Hi
2 questions...

1) Destroy the body bags.

2) Pretty sure I put a failsafe in to remove that in 3.2A. But i'll look at fixing it in 3.3

1 hour ago, Valrin72 said:

Hey, is the titanium patch for 3.1 still available?  I'm waiting for A19.3 stable to come out before I update my game and DF, so I'm still running 3.1 DF and the link you posted weeks ago for the block patch no longer works.

1 - destroy the body bags

2 - a debuff was added to blood draw kits so no more spamming them.  I don't have that version of DF so I don't know anymore than that.

Nope. You should just be able to go to my gitlab and grab the blocks.xml though for the same effect.

43 minutes ago, ryan8438 said:

Is there a list for the mastery skill each trader teaches? I'd rather not have to do 30 quests for each just to find it's not one of the ones I was looking for. 

Okay, so I spoil your fun:

TraderBobMasterMechanic
TraderBobMasterScavenger
TraderJenMasterScientist
TraderHughMasterHunter
TraderHughMasterLaborer
TraderJoelMasterSurvivalist
TraderJoelMasterSecurity
TraderRektMasterFarmer

@KhaineGB Thank you for this mod. Made the account to post. :)

A friend and I that have been playing 7 days to die together for thousands of hours recently stumbled across this, and it has really brought us some fun in rediscovering the game and its mechanics. Love what you and your team (I've seen some stuff credited to others?) have done with this.

The only question we have, is that we've encountered an unusual bug neither of us have run into before. Sometimes we just can't place a block somewhere. Its like there is some invisible item within the space. I even completely hollowed out the area around one such place, built frames all around the square, and tried everything in my power to make whatever is there 'fall', but it doesn't work. Its as if there is an object within thats not interactable, visible, or destructible.

We aren't using other mods, so we aren't sure if this is a known issue, or an 'us' issue we need to figure out.

Cheers

Edited by Rover (see edit history)

As I am playing through DFalls-Large1 solo, I wanted BDubs MD500 Heli to explore this huge world. In his Mod "Bdubs Vehicles" he has a progression.xml especially for DF, with which one can get the vehicles including the MD500 from the creative menu, but not loot or craft the parts. It still outputs errors, as shown here:

----cut here ---

2020-11-22T13:22:13 233.999 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "Bdub's Vehicles" did not apply: <append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='vehiclePartsTiered']" 
2020-11-22T13:22:15 235.300 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Bdub's Vehicles" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='2,5']/@tags" 
2020-11-22T13:22:15 235.301 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Bdub's Vehicles" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='3,5']/@tags" 
2020-11-22T13:22:15 235.911 WRN XML patch for "traders.xml" from mod "Bdub's Vehicles" did not apply: <append xpath="/traders/trader_item_groups/trader_item_group[@name='vehiclePartsT0']" 
2020-11-22T13:22:15 235.911 WRN XML patch for "traders.xml" from mod "Bdub's Vehicles" did not apply: <append xpath="/traders/trader_item_groups/trader_item_group[@name='vehiclePartsT1']" 
2020-11-22T13:22:15 236.014 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'traders.xml' failed
2020-11-22T13:22:15 236.014 EXC traderItemGroup 'weaponsGunParts' does not exist or has not been defined before being reference by trader_items/trader_item_group id='75'
Exception: traderItemGroup 'weaponsGunParts' does not exist or has not been defined before being reference by trader_items/trader_item_group id='75'
  at TradersFromXml.parseItemList (System.String _containerId, System.Xml.XmlNodeList _childNodes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] _itemList, System.Int32 minQualityBase, System.Int32 maxQualityBase) [0x000fa] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0 
  at TradersFromXml.ParseTraderItems (TraderInfo info, System.Xml.XmlElement e) [0x0006f] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0 
  at TradersFromXml.ParseTraderInfo (System.Xml.XmlElement e) [0x00392] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0 
  at TradersFromXml.ParseNode (System.Xml.XmlNode root) [0x000fb] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0 
  at TradersFromXml+<LoadTraderInfo>d__0.MoveNext () [0x0002e] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0 
----cut here ---

Apparently it needs more changes in its loot.xml, progression.xml, and traders.xml. Does someone has an idea what I could do here?

TIA, Fal

bdub.jpg

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

Using Linux... where is the logfile?

I copied the whole 7d2d game folder for the mod.

/home/<username>/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/7D2D-DarknessFalls/

and added it back to steam as external game.

I played on wednesday (18.11) with some friends (where my game was the host). However the latest logfile in ..7D2D-DarknessFalls/7DaysToDie_Data/ is from 08.11. Which was just a test start.

I also checked

/home/<username>/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die/

There is also no log file at all

It also not in my regular 7d2d's installation folder. But there are the logfiles of my unmodded game. So the base installation seems to write the logfile to where they belong.

Are there any other locations? Or maybe i need a start parameter and it doesn't write any logfile without it? (Ingame host, not dedicated server)

However, my previous tests seem to have written log files (probably i haven't started them through steam)...

Edit: Nevermind, i grabed the logfile launch option that is used in the startdedicated.sh, and it puts the logfile in the given path.

Another question:

With default settings bloodmoons are turned of. So is darkness falls supposed to be played without bloodmoons?

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Falaffel said:

As I am playing through DFalls-Large1 solo, I wanted BDubs MD500 Heli to explore this huge world. In his Mod "Bdubs Vehicles" he has a progression.xml especially for DF, with which one can get the vehicles including the MD500 from the creative menu, but not loot or craft the parts. It still outputs errors, as this screen shows:

bdub.thumb.jpg.7a33e4b5eb28755f38a014312fcde740.jpg

Apparently it needs more changes in its loot.xml, progression.xml, and traders.xml. Does someone has an idea what I could do here?

TIA, Fal

That error looks like it might be a missing trader group for inventory. So you'd have to find the one that's erroring and change it to append to one that exists.

1 hour ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Using Linux... where is the logfile?

I copied the whole 7d2d game folder for the mod.

/home/<username>/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/7D2D-DarknessFalls/

and added it back to steam as external game.

I played on wednesday (18.11) with some friends (where my game was the host). However the latest logfile in ..7D2D-DarknessFalls/7DaysToDie_Data/ is from 08.11. Which was just a test start.

I also checked

/home/<username>/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die/

There is also no log file at all

It also not in my regular 7d2d's installation folder. But there are the logfiles of my unmodded game. So the base installation seems to write the logfile to where they belong.

Are there any other locations? Or maybe i need a start parameter and it doesn't write any logfile without it? (Ingame host, not dedicated server)

However, my previous tests seem to have written log files (probably i haven't started them through steam)...

Edit: Nevermind, i grabed the logfile launch option that is used in the startdedicated.sh, and it puts the logfile in the given path.

Another question:

With default settings bloodmoons are turned of. So is darkness falls supposed to be played without bloodmoons?

I actually don't know. On windows it's usually in %appdata%\locallow\the fun pimps\7 days to die. I'd probably use a start param to write it somewhere else so you can easily find it.

DF is not supposed to be played without bloodmoons. It's balanced around every 7 days and no more than 90 min days.

Redbeard made a quality of life mod for Vanilla 7DTD.

It works fine on DF, so it'll be included for the next version.

I'm not sure where the forum thread is, but it is listed here: https://7daystodiemods.com/active-ingredients/

It DOES work on the current, public version of DF. You only need to copy the Mods folder, not the 7DaystoDie_Data folder.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

So KhaineGB i have an issue you might be able to resolve, i have a server that a friend put up and i am able to log in just fine but some of my other friends get stuck on the world loading at different percentages, last night my brother in law kept stopping at 85 percent of the world loading we are using DF Medium 2 so its pregen but we can not figure out why this is happening.