Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Okay, I made 2 laser pistols at level 71 and combined them in laser workbench and they combined into one level 78 laser pistol.  Tried to do the same with 2 level 71 laser rifles and I get an error saying the laser bench can not combine past 80.  How do I get a laser rifle above level 71?

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Need to have level 5.

I need to have LOTL at level 5 for it doing anything?

Then the descriptions of the perk levels are wrong. Lvl2 says "harvest one more", so i expect to receive 2 instead of 1. Lvl3 says "another one more" so i'd expect to harvest 3 instead of 1.

But from what you say it is supposed to give me 2 instead of 1 at lvl5 first?

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

10 hours ago, belowzeros said:

Hey KGB for some reason I can't see anything in discord.  I see the announcements, rules and decayed channels but nothing else.  I can't click the usual colour to enable channels.

Post in there and ask one of the mods to reset you.

8 hours ago, Valrin72 said:

Okay, I made 2 laser pistols at level 71 and combined them in laser workbench and they combined into one level 78 laser pistol.  Tried to do the same with 2 level 71 laser rifles and I get an error saying the laser bench can not combine past 80.  How do I get a laser rifle above level 71?

Huh, it worked for me. Will have to look into it.

7 hours ago, morph said:

Can anyone help me with my ps4 controller issue, can't get it to work when running the 7d2d mod launcher, works OK when using vanilla 7d2d on Steam. 

I think you have to add the launcher version of the game to steam.

But I will always, always, always recommend either using keyboard and mouse (because it's way better for this game) or an xbox controller (because it's natively supported by windows)

6 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Then the descriptions of the perk levels are wrong. Lvl2 says "harvest one more", so i expect to receive 2 instead of 1. Lvl3 says "another one more" so i'd expect to harvest 3 instead of 1.

Then that's a localization error.

You need level 5 to get additional crops from wild plants.

54 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Then that's a localization error.

You need level 5 to get additional crops from wild plants.

Ok, checked the texts again. (German) localization is poor in this point (maybe i can support that?).

Lvl5 tells about additional +1 one from wild plants.

I also checked the localization file for the original texts:

Lvl1: You harvest 1 additional items from crops.
Lvl2: You harvest 1 additional items from crops. 
Lvl3: You harvest 2 additional items from crops. 
Lvl4: You harvest 3 additional items from crops. 
Lvl5: You harvest 3 additional items from crops and 1 additional item from wild plants.

So there is a distinction between wild and self planted?!

So with Lvl3 i should get 3 from self planted plants (1 base + 2 additional).

In the original text the distinction probably is made by naming it "crops" (so wild plants are no crops?). I'm not a native speaker, so maybe that is clear for natives, i'd understood it wrong from the original as well.

In this point the german translation is probably even clearer, because there "crops" is translated with "Kulturpflanzen", which means something like "domesticated plants". But I didn't fully get the hint anyway, but wondered a little about the wording. That's why i asked if there is a distinction between wild and self planted earlier (which wasn't answered, or i missed the answer). ;) 

Also the generic description for LOTL is missleading:

Specialize in harvesting more crops using your hands or a tool

As you mentioned earlier, it does NOT work using a tool.

8 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

The larger increase from living off the land only applies to things the player has planted.  At max level LOTL you will get 1 extra from "wild" plants.  I think this is a vanilla thing but it's been so long since I played vanilla I'm not 100% sure.

1 hour ago, Valrin72 said:

The larger increase from living off the land only applies to things the player has planted.  At max level LOTL you will get 1 extra from "wild" plants.  I think this is a vanilla thing but it's been so long since I played vanilla I'm not 100% sure.

Vanilla changed a lot over time. It once also had the "pickup with E". And iirc LOTL max once was giving 5 and was reduced to 3. And the vanilla LOTL doesn't distinguish between wild plants and crops. In Vanilla hitting plants with a tool is also no problem.

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

Vanilla hasn't had "pick up with E" since A16.

Which didn't have LOTL.

I didn't say that it had LOTL and picking up with E in parallel. I just said that the farming changed a lot over various versions. ;)

Currently it doesn't have "pickup with E", but it has LOTL and using a tool is still not a problem there. ;)

I have a question regarding crafting speed, especially in the forges. At a certain point (I haven't figured out the trigger) Crafting speeds become almost instant. I have a char at level 41 that has it, and a char at level 53 that has it. I'm on a new play thru with the wife and am at level 54 and crafting speeds are nightmarishly slow. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? All of these have completed both starting class quests and two of them have extra classes.

5 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I didn't say that it had LOTL and picking up with E in parallel. I just said that the farming changed a lot over various versions. ;)

Currently it doesn't have "pickup with E", but it has LOTL and using a tool is still not a problem there. ;)

Then find me a "tool" that works in vanilla with it. Because as far as I know, none do. You have to use your hands.

2 hours ago, ozzymoto527 said:

I have a question regarding crafting speed, especially in the forges. At a certain point (I haven't figured out the trigger) Crafting speeds become almost instant. I have a char at level 41 that has it, and a char at level 53 that has it. I'm on a new play thru with the wife and am at level 54 and crafting speeds are nightmarishly slow. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? All of these have completed both starting class quests and two of them have extra classes.

Depends on your class. Laborer gets forge speed reduction in advanced engineering.

4 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Depends on your class. Laborer gets forge speed reduction in advanced engineering.

That's what I figured. I always go laborer to start. He has it and the mastery and all perks maxed. Must be a bugged game. Other characters on two dif play thrus have it. (with Laborer class). Using same map on all three with no extra mods.

6 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

To be fair, the super fast speed was the bug, because i'm currently trying to fix it.

It was something like advanced engineering + nerdy glasses broke it.

Yep, that was it. Had no idea it wasn't intended. Just tested with nerdy glasses and insta crafting.

17 hours ago, Valrin72 said:

Big one or small one?  The big one is awesome.  It was really fun trying to leave with 50 zombies banging on the door to come in.

Big one with the big guys in basement. No joke about the zombies from area. They tunneled down and beat on the lab. Just the type of "story" like big mission this game is missing, was fun. 

Hi all,

Just trying to set up a DF server for me and a couple friend. Any tips or info you guys can provide will be appreciated. If not well please forgive me I'm sure its all been covered but well time:( I ain't got a lot of).

So my servers spawning is all messed up. Almost no animal spawns, zombies seem to spawn less, and horde nights aren't spawning anything at all. Any idea why the spawning would be so messed up?? The entity groups look ok (from what I can tell), but its as if something is missing to call upon said groups to spawn. Let me know if any other files need to be shared. Thanks

entitygroups.xml biomes.xml spawning.xml

1 hour ago, HydraVega said:

So my servers spawning is all messed up. Almost no animal spawns, zombies seem to spawn less, and horde nights aren't spawning anything at all. Any idea why the spawning would be so messed up?? The entity groups look ok (from what I can tell), but its as if something is missing to call upon said groups to spawn. Let me know if any other files need to be shared. Thanks

entitygroups.xml 642.72 kB · 0 downloads biomes.xml 101.97 kB · 0 downloads spawning.xml 44.01 kB · 0 downloads

I have an idea though it hurts me:)

It all needs to be updated I think. 

Some sort of Developer vs moder controversy is going down I think and DF may be caught up in it.

I just tried installing DF for dedi server and well it don't work.

Sorry on behalf of the actual developers and Open source modders out there.

I for one hope your on the money and right about the points there in your post.

Increase max zombie count on the server. It's 60 by default. I usually run 100.

You can also increase max animal spawn, which might help. Thats 50 at default but I usually leave that alone.

As for folks having issues installing the server, it depends ENTIRELY on your host. A lot dont allow uploading of DLL's so you need to ask them to install it for you.

I Dont need a server to play with friend right?

Because we have troubbles joining each other. All of us can play singleplayer without problems, but we cant join each other.

Hope you can help me, we want to start a 7dtd Weekend :)

It comes with an errorlog spamming ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing "failed IndesOutOfRangeException: Indes was outside the bounds of the array

And in another case it said failed to load the prefabs

Edited by Asatoras
forgot something :s (see edit history)