Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi,

I have clocked over 120 hours on the mod and reached level 105. Played on default difficulty default settings except I turn off blood moon since I didn't enjoyed that somehow. Did the bunker and science lab (died several times of couse), beat the science lab without laser weapons by locking the incubus behind a large door hehe... but found out I don't bring mats to make the laser workbench, duh. Going back there the second time with laser pistol I scavenged and kill two incubus and get the demonic essence. After going back with laser workbench and all, my life feels empty. I got master mechanic, security, and scavenging. Mechanic I bought with skill points, security and scavenging the books from trader gal. Finished 45 quests for one of the trader at last but he gave security and scavenging :( . I feel I also won't use the laser pistol, because I can't put silencer on it. Gun blazing POIs is just asking for constant screamer trying to invite me to a party. I should visit the other traders and do their quests but I only see apartment and factory on list of tier 5 quests and it get boring after the tenth times. 

I enjoyed the slower progression of this mod and how it make things being useful. Like food and better quality food for wellness and so that include farming, scraps become so important (electronic scraps for end game bullets), and more reasons to explore. I felt after reaching lvl 100, all the remaining progression feel slow and pointless, and I lost interest. 

Some feedbacks:

1. the pagoda is listed as tier 4 quest, the same with the shamway factory. While pagoda is very small like tier 1 or 2 poi.
2. The working wall oven cornbread recipe requires clay bowl water, while the campfire one require boiling. I like boiling more since getting the murky water is a lot faster.

3. On df medium map, I only got factory, pagoda, and variety store for tier 4 quests, while factory and 6 stories apartment as tier 5 quests, it is... disappointing.

Some questions:

1. Are the mastery books the trader gave fixed on the mod?

2. I am playing on medium, will bigger DF default maps perhaps have more tier 4-5 POI choices?

3. Did I screw up my own progression by disabling blood moon horde?

4. How can I reduce the exp from mining? 

5. Is it possible to make trader show more tier 1 and 2 quests even at the end. Its more of I am bored with the current tier 4 and 5 quests.

Screenshot_2.jpg

2 hours ago, Yello_Pikmin said:

Are there any options beyond the nailgun for quickly upgrading structures?  For bigger builds it takes a super long time

Impact Driver, Titanium Clawhammer, Laser Multitool.

36 minutes ago, rosedragon said:

Hi,

I have clocked over 120 hours on the mod and reached level 105. Played on default difficulty default settings except I turn off blood moon since I didn't enjoyed that somehow. Did the bunker and science lab (died several times of couse), beat the science lab without laser weapons by locking the incubus behind a large door hehe... but found out I don't bring mats to make the laser workbench, duh. Going back there the second time with laser pistol I scavenged and kill two incubus and get the demonic essence. After going back with laser workbench and all, my life feels empty. I got master mechanic, security, and scavenging. Mechanic I bought with skill points, security and scavenging the books from trader gal. Finished 45 quests for one of the trader at last but he gave security and scavenging :( . I feel I also won't use the laser pistol, because I can't put silencer on it. Gun blazing POIs is just asking for constant screamer trying to invite me to a party. I should visit the other traders and do their quests but I only see apartment and factory on list of tier 5 quests and it get boring after the tenth times. 

I enjoyed the slower progression of this mod and how it make things being useful. Like food and better quality food for wellness and so that include farming, scraps become so important (electronic scraps for end game bullets), and more reasons to explore. I felt after reaching lvl 100, all the remaining progression feel slow and pointless, and I lost interest. 

Some feedbacks:

1. the pagoda is listed as tier 4 quest, the same with the shamway factory. While pagoda is very small like tier 1 or 2 poi.
2. The working wall oven cornbread recipe requires clay bowl water, while the campfire one require boiling. I like boiling more since getting the murky water is a lot faster.

3. On df medium map, I only got factory, pagoda, and variety store for tier 4 quests, while factory and 6 stories apartment as tier 5 quests, it is... disappointing.

Some questions:

1. Are the mastery books the trader gave fixed on the mod?

2. I am playing on medium, will bigger DF default maps perhaps have more tier 4-5 POI choices?

3. Did I screw up my own progression by disabling blood moon horde?

4. How can I reduce the exp from mining? 

5. Is it possible to make trader show more tier 1 and 2 quests even at the end. Its more of I am bored with the current tier 4 and 5 quests.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Regarding the feedback.

1) That's a Compo pack POI. AKA - Not my problem. 😛
2) You can get a bowl of murky water the same way as you get a bottle of murky water, and then cook it the same way, so I don't understand the complaint here. Though I did mean to add corn bread with bottle of water as an alt recipe, so I need to do that.
3) Welcome to 7DTD RWG. I'm likely going to be re-doing all the maps soon though.

And regarding the questions.

1) If you mean the skills they teach, then yes.
2) Not guaranteed. Possibly.
3) Yes. Your complaint about level 100+ would go a lot quicker with bloodmoon on.
4) You don't. I already reduced it. If I reduced it even further, you'd get negative XP (which some folks have been complaining about already)
5) No. I tried. It broke servers. You have to wait for A20 where TFP are doing that as default.

35 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

2) You can get a bowl of murky water the same way as you get a bottle of murky water, and then cook it the same way, so I don't understand the complaint here.

You can have 125 bottle jars and turn them into 125 murky. VS clay bowl fit only 15 bowls to use single water to turn to 15. xD Well I guess it is not a big deal, I live in desert with no water around so my water source is the rain catcher and a single one only provide for 1-2 scoops.

35 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

3) Welcome to 7DTD RWG. I'm likely going to be re-doing all the maps soon though.

Cool! I love your works with the semi-circular biome! And that semi-secret library in a very dangerous place, makes me so happy with how much skill books I made!

Oh, I see why I felt there wasn't enough POI for the quests. I think even some the vanilla ones like dishong tower is not in the default maps. Any reason for that? I am considering that maybe I can edit the rwgmixer.xml and add some more POIs? 

Thanks for the quick and friendly responses! ❤️ I think I will go restart a map with bloodmoon and die 1000 times. I hope you don't feel it is all complainings, I love 99% of what the mod gives ❤️ . 

Edited by rosedragon (see edit history)

I try to get the lasser stuff and therefor I need the fusion forge and laser workbench.
I think I need initial 10 energy cells to build them but could not find any. Someone told me they are in the wasteland in some kind of military bunker.
I searched the wasteland and could not find a single millitary poi. So i searched the configs and found entries in the loot.xml lableed  "Scifi Locker", "Scifi Crate" and "Sci-fi Portal". The portal is the red big one. - I am not sure if I can loot there (massive spawn point on my map). Any hint where the scifi locker and / or locker crate are ?
Is my research right ?

2 hours ago, WhiteLion said:

I try to get the lasser stuff and therefor I need the fusion forge and laser workbench.
I think I need initial 10 energy cells to build them but could not find any. Someone told me they are in the wasteland in some kind of military bunker.
I searched the wasteland and could not find a single millitary poi. So i searched the configs and found entries in the loot.xml lableed  "Scifi Locker", "Scifi Crate" and "Sci-fi Portal". The portal is the red big one. - I am not sure if I can loot there (massive spawn point on my map). Any hint where the scifi locker and / or locker crate are ?
Is my research right ?

The bunker in the wasteland is not located in a military camp really.  If you google you can find pictures of what it looks like but basically it is a poi with 3 or 4 small tents in a row and one large tent in the wasteland.  If you break up the tents and dig down you will find a hatch to the bunker.  You need keycards to unlock the doors in this bunker.  Keycards are drops off scientists and can be farmed in the lab which is found in the burned biome.  The lab is accessed via a hatch and ladder in a well beside a burned out building.  There are generally only 1 or 2 per map.  You can also get laser batteries from in that poi as loot in the tables or off the mobs that spawn there. 

To make the laser workbench you have to take the supplies needed for it with you to the bunker in the wasteland including the laser tool which can be found in the tier 5 buried supplies quests or sometimes i think the traders may sell them if you have the special loot unlocked.  You can also find the tool as loot in the bunker, i usually find a few by looting crates there.  You then have to clear almost to the bottom of the bunker and you will find a laser workbench where you can craft your own laser workbench to take home with you :).  I hope this helps.

thank you for your fast reply. I found those camps but not in Wasteland. I ve searched ervery existing poi in wasteland on the DF pregenerated 12k map called "DFalls-Large2" which comes with the DF.

EDIT: Beside that: I can kill the DF creatures with coilrifle lvl 80 and blessed mod + others mods but not the succubus .... any hints on that ?

EDIT2: Finally I managed to find these camp.

Edited by WhiteLion (see edit history)

I ve running it on a linux server and tested on windows too. it works fine. but there seems to be a bug with den DF zobies: The once who throw fire at you doesn´t seem to have a visible projectile... I ve running it together with sorcery btw.
If you are interessed I can send you a full moded client and you could join my server.

EDIT: Here is the "ready to play" client included DF + Sorcery:
https://nc.gamesucker.de/index.php/s/kxtopjS8TB4Xpsa

Edited by WhiteLion (see edit history)

My friend and I absolutely love the mod. It basically reignited our love for the game. Hats off to the person(s) who made it!

I have one question. Could you maybe give us a rough list of your Gamestage Zombie Spawning xml? I would really like to know what special zombies/mutants/demons spawn at which gamestage. I'm not that big into .xml and i guess that yours is pretty large and would take some time to see through.

18 hours ago, Thundy said:

Hi there,

Is this working for multiplayer games at the moment? A friend and I were trying to get it work but had some problems, so thought I'd ask before we try to troubleshoot :)

Yes it is.

17 hours ago, WhiteLion said:

I ve running it on a linux server and tested on windows too. it works fine. but there seems to be a bug with den DF zobies: The once who throw fire at you doesn´t seem to have a visible projectile... I ve running it together with sorcery btw.
If you are interessed I can send you a full moded client and you could join my server.

EDIT: Here is the "ready to play" client included DF + Sorcery:
https://nc.gamesucker.de/index.php/s/kxtopjS8TB4Xpsa

I mean, I don't have sorcery installed. My GUESS is that sorcery might be overriding my fireball particle, but I know they work just fine on the linux server VM I was testing with.

This is why I always say that modding DF with modlets is NOT SUPPORTED. Me and Devrix do our best to make sure they play nice with each other, but it's still not supported.

9 hours ago, thessiv said:

My friend and I absolutely love the mod. It basically reignited our love for the game. Hats off to the person(s) who made it!

I have one question. Could you maybe give us a rough list of your Gamestage Zombie Spawning xml? I would really like to know what special zombies/mutants/demons spawn at which gamestage. I'm not that big into .xml and i guess that yours is pretty large and would take some time to see through.

Oh good god. I'm gonna need to go diving. :D

Ferals around 10.
Nasty radiated (the non-weak ones) around 20.
Boss zombies around 50.
Demo zombie around 120.
Behemoths around 200.
Demons around 300.

3 hours ago, Thundy said:

Hi there is there a way to adjust the transparency of the toolbelt to make it a bit more opaque? I'm partially sighted and it's a bit hard for me, not impossible, just a little tricky :)

I shall look into it. Last time I tried I just broke all of the things. ;)

1 hour ago, n2n1 said:

Hi KhaineGB!

You were the one who wrote the code for QualityDegradationOnRepair.dll?

I'm trying to figure out the vanilla code to fix it to return the degradation, but i want to do it in a simpler way than You have.

Can i ask You some technical questions about vanilla inner C# code?

That was wOOkie for RH, which I updated for Jax for one of his RH versions and he said I could use it.

So I adjusted it to work better for what I wanted in DF.

On 11/13/2020 at 4:37 AM, Survinator said:

Hello! Where is that library?

I am playing medium 1 and it was on little path from one of caitlin trader. It looks conspicuous but well the books ❤️ ... 

On 11/13/2020 at 6:47 PM, WhiteLion said:

Is my research right ?

There are two kinds of 'bunker' in DF. One is shaped like a square well in the burnt biome and another is in one of the tent of a POI with five tents. All the DF specific poi are named DFalls something something. The well one is a lot easier than the tents one, but they do not have fusion forge or laser workbench. The well is good place to get hazmat suit pieces, keycards, and energy cells.

10 minutes ago, rosedragon said:

I am playing medium 1 and it was on little path from one of caitlin trader. It looks conspicuous but well the books ❤️ ... 

There are two kinds of 'bunker' in DF. One is shaped like a square well in the burnt biome and another is in one of the tent of a POI with five tents. All the DF specific poi are named DFalls something something. The well one is a lot easier than the tents one, but they do not have fusion forge or laser workbench. The well is good place to get hazmat suit pieces, keycards, and energy cells.

Thanx ... I found the one with tents in the wasteland and had a hard time to get into it. I just wish there was a better balancing there..... I nerver cheat but it was impossible to play because of the spawing of endless hords on surface.... they where killing the FPS. I had to use "killall" a view times. in avarage very 10 seconds 8 - 12 DF zeds where spawned. I was alone and level 105. I think this is not fun or not hard its simply unbalanced.

52 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I mean, I don't have sorcery installed. My GUESS is that sorcery might be overriding my fireball particle, but I know they work just fine on the linux server VM I was testing with.

This is why I always say that modding DF with modlets is NOT SUPPORTED. Me and Devrix do our best to make sure they play nice with each other, but it's still not supported.

Oh good god. I'm gonna need to go diving. :D

Thanx for your fast reply. I reported this to Devrix ´s Discord server.

6 minutes ago, WhiteLion said:

Thanx ... I found the one with tents in the wasteland and had a hard time to get into it. I just wish there was a better balancing there..... I nerver cheat but it was impossible to play because of the spawing of endless hords on surface.... they where killing the FPS. I had to use "killall" a view times. in avarage very 10 seconds 8 - 12 DF zeds where spawned. I was alone and level 105. I think this is not fun or not hard its simply unbalanced.

I never got that but I mainly use coil handgun with silencer and I make sure to close the bunker door and another door after getting in. Kinda upset that laser pistol can't use silencer. 

I mean.... silencing a laser beam would be kinda daft... ;)

I'm gonna look at reducing the amount of "noise" it makes though.

But yeah, I normally go down there with a coilpistol or Desert Vulture and a silencer to clear the first 2 floors, then an M4A1, grenades and rockets for the bottom.