Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Just a quick idea. Does it work to include POIs in DF that contain working indoor farms?

I think about an abondoned weed lab or a or a construction market that contains a garden (outdoor) area having a working irrigation system. Not a huge farm, but like maybe 10-15 farm plots with working water supply? Would imho be a nice find in early game.

Is there any interest to include such DF-specific POIs?

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

On 12/6/2020 at 5:55 AM, KhaineGB said:

Heads up... currently dealing with the after effects of a migraine. So if something is worded wrong, or sounds annoyed, not intended. Just didn't wanna leave you folks without answers. :)

You use the numpad to control the elevator.

Not sure on this one but I remember someone else having the same issue... and then it just... worked. No idea how/why. I haven't messed with the power stuff AT ALL because the last time I tried I really broke something.

^ that.  You have to "re arm" them. DF for 19.3 will have a journal entry explaining this when you first make one.

1) I think one of the classes may have given you points when it shouldn't have.
2) PREGEN01-03 are not edited for DF compatibility, so the POI's you need aren't there. You can't just add them unless you also regenerate the chunks they're in. Navezgane IS edited with the DF prefabs.

Turn off EAC.

So, EAC is turned off...I still get a blank main menu with no options whatsoever...just default 7d2d logo, and modded music playing. nothing else.

1 hour ago, Axonius said:

Recently, I've been partial to the spear. You can follow a heavy attack with a very quick light attack before they hit the ground (If you even need it). I have not tested, but my feeling is that the spear has the best DPS.

Ditto. I have "Random Walk" turned on in my game, so I get a LOT of crawlers (really creepy stuff). I use the spear on them because of the extra reach. It keeps them off my legs. But, my favorite is the baseball bat with the "Metal Spikes" mod. With all the "Blunt Weapons" skills maxed it's pretty devastating. Normal zombies are usually one-hit kills, and I'm playing on Survivalist difficulty, so they're pretty tough.

7 hours ago, jksthe2nd said:

So, EAC is turned off...I still get a blank main menu with no options whatsoever...just default 7d2d logo, and modded music playing. nothing else.

You may need to reinstall then. Make sure you have a completely clean 19.2 to install the mod onto.

Hey guys, I was wondering. Has anyone encountered  the issue where no wandering zombies spawn on the map? My friends and I are playing a p2p game and we sometimes get this thing where no zombies and animals spawn in the wild. POI spawns don't seem to be affected but it kinda sucks to have to restart the server every now and then to reset them. We're on max zombies and animals btw.

Is there a console command to reset the spawns or is it just a server restart that'll fix it?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just swapped out video cards, AMD R9 380 4gb for a GTX 1060 3GB. After that, I noticed some of the textures in darkness falls were blurry. The writable wooden crates, and wooden and metal doors specifically. I previously played on medium, and with high settings it almost looked worse with the "better" 1060 graphics card. I then did a reboot, fired the game back up in normal 7 days without the mods, changed to ultra settings under video, and things looked great! So, I closed out of the game, then opened DF mod via mod launcher like I usually do. Checked on settings -> video, and things were still at Ultra. I loaded into game, and see the same odd poor-quality textures in some instances. I'll include screenshots. Is this an issue where the 3gb graphics card can't hold enough different textures in memory in DF because there are more total textures than normal game?

Anyone have thoughts?

A19.2 normal Ultra.jpg

A19.2 DF Ultra.jpg

2 hours ago, Raheal said:

Is this an issue where the 3gb graphics card can't hold enough different textures in memory in DF because there are more total textures than normal game?

As scubahalo said, it's a texture streaming issue, that's why sometimes specific textures look blurry, sometimes not.

But the amount of VRAM has a significant impact there, less memory will encourage such "errors".

Imho that was a very bad deal. The 1060(3GB) is only ~10% faster in pure GPU power but you traded 4GB down to 3GB. And also from fast 4GB (384GBit/s) to slower 3GB (192Gbit/s).

The performance difference between a 1060(6GB) and a 1060(3GB) is bigger than between your R9 390 and the 1060(3GB). Note that the VRAM is not the only difference between the 1060s. The 3GB-Variant uses a slightly smaller GPU with less shader units.

From other threads here i got: For ultra textures at least 6GB is recommended. Some people even say with "just" 6GB you should better stay on only "high" and use "ultra" only if you have 8GB.

Can't confirm that last one, but 6GB seem to be accurate. When i last payed attention to VRAM usage, my tool said 7d2d used 5,5 of my 8GB with ultra textures.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

Wow, thank you all for the texture streaming information! I'm going to revert back to my R9 380. The funny thing is this was supposed to be a 6gb 1060 from my friend. He had 2 of them spare, the 3gb and 6gb versions. He sold the 3gb one to someone over a month ago but unknowingly gave them the 6gb one, whoops! He thought he was giving me the 6gb version until I installed it into my system and saw it only had 3gb. Sorta funny :)

On 11/6/2020 at 8:14 AM, KhaineGB said:

Small bunker isn't necessary. It just helps.
You need keycards to get into the bunker.
I'll have a look at the bullets. Might just need some tags.
There's a TON of posts in this thread (with screenshots) showing you how to setup a farm with water.

A lot of compo pack POI's were removed for performance reasons.

Those craters were nitrogen maps. There are no nitrogen maps in the mod due to RAM usage concerns.

Nope.

It does.

Find a rock, dig down, go looking. It's around there under the gravel level. It is not GUARANTEED, but likely.

I'm having the same problem. I just spent a couple of hours hitting 100s of rocks and not a single one had titanium. Are you saying to dig under ANY rock to look for titanium? Are there no surface nodes?

The wasteland rocks are bugged.

No, I don't know why. I have double and triple checked the code and it is correct. It worked in A18, I don't understand why it doesn't in A19.

So what you need to do is find a wasteland rock, dig down under the gravel layer and then dig around and look for veins. There's usually one around.

23 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

The wasteland rocks are bugged.

No, I don't know why. I have double and triple checked the code and it is correct. It worked in A18, I don't understand why it doesn't in A19.

So what you need to do is find a wasteland rock, dig down under the gravel layer and then dig around and look for veins. There's usually one around.

Thank you sir. I did just that and ended up finding a plutonium/uranium vein underneath a nitrate rock next to the lab, and right next to that FINALLY found a titanium rock with a huge vein underneath.

Hey Khaine. Do you know of a way to turn collision back on for objects in the road, i.e, rocks, garbage, roadkill, etc? Is that hard coded by TFP? Those objects used to cause damage to a vehicle  or disintegrate on impact. I liked trying to avoid them (especially at night). Thanks!

They used to, but it changed a while back ( at least with the bicycle - I haven't tried any of the other vehicles). I don't know when, because I got into the habit of avoiding them, and then one day I accidentally hit a rock in the road and nothing happened.  So I ran over some other stuff and, same thing, nothing happens. It's like there's nothing there. The only object that reacts like it used to is the driftwood. Next time I play I'll try some other vehicles - maybe it's just the bike.

15 hours ago, scubahalo said:

They used to, but it changed a while back ( at least with the bicycle - I haven't tried any of the other vehicles). I don't know when, because I got into the habit of avoiding them, and then one day I accidentally hit a rock in the road and nothing happened.  So I ran over some other stuff and, same thing, nothing happens. It's like there's nothing there. The only object that reacts like it used to is the driftwood. Next time I play I'll try some other vehicles - maybe it's just the bike.

Huh. I have no idea then, i'm afraid.

5 hours ago, Steward118 said:

is trader Hugh bugged atm? I just started a new game on Med 1 map and Hugh is the first trader I'm sent to but I can't interact with him to complete the quest. 

That's a general trader bug. Log out and back in. That should sort you.