Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

11 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

And that's because the plants wont grow if there's no water, so it part-skips a check.

Yep.

11 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

This really doesn't have to be drilled down to a fine science you know 😛

Doesn't need to, but i want to understand it anyway. That's what i like, optimization. 😛

Next farming outcome: Appletrees on dirt grow MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than on snow or sand. I harvested my dirt-appletree 3 times until that ones on snow or dirt grew only once. And now the dirt-appletree is grown again.

I guess that's a vanilla issue, as there several trees on snow or sand also don't grow to their full stage. However appletrees do grow, it just takes ~3 times the time.

And as i experienced (and read) from vanilla, it's not the biome they are in, it's just the block they are planted on.

I guess that applies to all form of fruit trees.

16 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Next farming outcome: Appletrees on dirt grow MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than on snow or sand. I harvested my dirt-appletree 3 times until that ones on snow or dirt grew only once. And now the dirt-appletree is grown again.

I guess that's a vanilla issue, as there several trees on snow or sand also don't grow to their full stage. However appletrees do grow, it just takes ~3 times the time.

And as i experienced (and read) from vanilla, it's not the biome they are in, it's just the block they are planted on.

Wait. I'm on DF Mod. My Apple trees don't come back.  Planted in a farm plot. Harvested once. Next think I know it's gone.

22 minutes ago, Axonius said:

Wait. I'm on DF Mod. My Apple trees don't come back.  Planted in a farm plot. Harvested once. Next think I know it's gone.

They don't need a farm plot, nor tilled soil.

If they have grown to full stage and you hit them with an axe, you obtain some wood and apples. The tree itself then returns to "grown" state.

A sappling requires ~4 hours to grow to "grown" state and another ~4 hours to grow to "final" state where you can harvest them. If it is grown once to final state, you can harvest them once and it returns to "grown" state (visually fully grown, but without leaves). So once grown fully, you can harvest them every ~4 hours. According to my experiments at least if it is planted on dirt, but it takes longer if they are on snow or sand. Haven't tested yet how it performs on farming plots, but i assume it should be the same as on dirt.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

17 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Caitlin or the wandering trader sell them in secret stash. Otherwise you have to grind specific trader rep and have 100k dukes in your inventory.

They're getting a craftable recipe for V3.3. It won't be cheap.

Gotcha! So about the trader  rep. I'm particularly aiming for the Master Mechanic book and I've been doing quests for trader Bob. Currently at tier 3 quests. I have 100k dukes but still he's not offering it to me. Do I just keep doing quests? How does one increase trader rep?

12 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I wonder if that's related to the fetile_level in materials.xml.

4 hours ago, Aldebaran12345 said:

Gotcha! So about the trader  rep. I'm particularly aiming for the Master Mechanic book and I've been doing quests for trader Bob. Currently at tier 3 quests. I have 100k dukes but still he's not offering it to me. Do I just keep doing quests? How does one increase trader rep?

Your trader bob faction needs to be at least 30. You can check that in one of the character stat pages.

On 12/7/2020 at 11:23 PM, Liesel Weppen said:

I'm the farmer in a 7-8 player group and my task is to feed them. And in this case it is not sufficient to make a 30x30 field and just hope enough of that will grow in time. :D

Is there a Deliveroo modlet? :D

Question about Serverconfig.

Im going to be trying This overhaul for the first time. Besides EAC (which i never use and is Blacklisted from my system) are there any special or reccomended settings in the xml i should be aware of, jsut leave as default as possible?

47 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Server build should come with a pre-done serverconfig.xml file for some recommended defaults.

Thank you @KhaineGB That means Default should work perfectly!

THat being said, Off hand, are there any Settings you Recommend NOT touching?,  Basically i dont want to  destory the purpose of the mod/break the game/Unplayable. If nothing comes to mind no big deal. I only ask because this is a Total overhaul with many many things i dont know about its balance yet.

FWIW, I love a challange but i hate Bullet sponges.... atleast for regular zeds. and i REFUSE to cheese the game to win; as thats just cheating (for me it feels like cheating)

Normal game is ZERO challange so im looking forward to this, unfortunately i'll be solo, as my normal freinds are playing WOW shadowlands. Still want to run Server and Client though, better that way.

The bullet sponge thing has been removed from zombies.

Personally I wouldn't go above Warrior difficulty for a first run.

Leave max zombies as 100 MINIMUM. Higher is fine, but over 150 can get a bit laggy.

I also wouldn't go higher than 90 min days (I actually find 75 min days works REALLY well, but that's just personal opinion, 60 is default), I wouldn't adjust loot amount any lower than 50%, wouldn't mess with bonus XP and stick to bloodmoon every 7 days.

I think that's everything.

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I wonder if that's related to the fetile_level in materials.xml.

Probably, but if i understand the xml comments correctly, it only affects if you can plant something on that block.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that there are other code paths, that don't use it for other purposes.

But i won't test that (now) because i don't want to modify xmls i'm currently using for a multiplayer party.

9 hours ago, TopAce6 said:

Thank you, thats the sort of stuff i was wondering about. I want to play it the way it was intended to be played.

Now to be clear max zed's at 100 Minimum? that sounds awesome!!

Yep. Any lower and zombies wont spawn. You CAN get away with 75 if need be.

8 hours ago, Aldebaran12345 said:

@KhaineGB I think there is a bug with the SMG-5 I can't seem to modify it (put and remove mods). The modify button is now a Recipes button.

image.thumb.png.51dd9dcfd25ffd41f49912c14320afa2.png

It's a UI bug. Not enough space. Put it on your hotbar to get rid of "equip" and then it should work.

7 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Probably, but if i understand the xml comments correctly, it only affects if you can plant something on that block.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that there are other code paths, that don't use it for other purposes.

But i won't test that (now) because i don't want to modify xmls i'm currently using for a multiplayer party.

ACTUALLY, in A16 it used to determine amount you got from harvesting the plant too...

3 hours ago, SteelerX said:

how do you open up the Technology tree?  

Craft "Future is now!" book, made from research notes.

3 hours ago, SteelerX said:

Also for bladed weapons in the perk tree at level 3 its says titanium knife can be made, can you also make a titanium machete? 

Ummm where? 

But no - machete is for hunter and survivalist masteries.

1 hour ago, Thundy said:

Is there a definitively "best" melee weapon? 

Recently, I've been partial to the spear. You can follow a heavy attack with a very quick light attack before they hit the ground (If you even need it). I have not tested, but my feeling is that the spear has the best DPS.

The difficulty level one is at may factor into what is "best' however.