Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Thanks for answering my question about the gamestage. I got another issue tho. The trader guards seem kinda bugged. They won't always shoot zombies. My guess is that they are out of stamina, since I hear a lot of grunting noises from them for no apparent reason. Would be nice to know if you're working on that. Also i was wondering what gun the guards are using. I really like the look of it. Looks like a mix between the M4A1 and the Marksman Rifle. Seems to be a LVOA-C or something similar, would be AWESOME if it was an actual gun that the player can use. Can't find it in the creative menu. Again, any answer is very much appreciated!

15 hours ago, Ornietv said:

anyone PLEASE help i start new game but i dont have the book and the things my inventory is full empty . is htis normal / ,because i have seen in youtube videos peopel have them when they start.

Not tested, but you may try to delete your player-profile in c:\Users\[Accountname]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\[Mapname]\[Savegamename]\Player\ (backup it first). Your profile should be re-initialized when you start the game next time.

@KhaineGB

I’m playing solo on DFalls-Small Map 1. My first play through I did too many quests for my initial trader and the guard captain so by the time I got to the 2nd trader I was already on Tier III/IV quests. Since they were 4 KM apart and I already had a home and horde base near the initial trader, with the motorcycle being locked until level 50 + Master Mechanic, I realized I screwed up, it would take game weeks of running back and forth to continue the quest chain and would only get more tedious with each new tier/trader, so I started over.

On my new game, Hugh was my initial trader. I did his 5 quests and got opening trade routes to Jen. Since she was still at tier 1, I did her 5 quests in a single game day and got another opening trade routes quest, but this one was to a second version of Hugh. The dialogue for “Do you have any more jobs” was already open so my assumption is that the quest chain is now broken and he would never give me an additional “opening trade routes” quest even if I completed the 5 quests for 2nd Hugh.

1. Is my assumption accurate or can I complete 5 quests for Hugh 2 and he’ll give me an additional “opening trade routes” quest to a different trader?

2. If not, is this a bug or intended? I realize the map is large enough that multiple copies of a trader makes sense, but it’s also so large that it could take weeks in game doing nothing but scouring the map to find another trader to continue the quest chain, and potentially keep running into the same issue. IF my assumption is accurate is there a way to ensure that the “opening trade routes” quests ONLY point you to a trader who you haven’t visited? 

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I could've sworn I left the Ar-15 as my new model...

Oh well. That's one less gun I need to change then. :D It used to be that model In A16/A17/A18 though.

Okay that makes sense then. I'm playing on A19.2. I also noticed that the schematic for the AR-15 shows the correct model. But once you craft it it's the Tactical Assault Rifle Model. Would be very cool if you could update this for A19. Really wanna use your model :D

I was wondering if anyone can help me salvage my game.  My wife and I play together on local network and were doing just fine until day 21.  Now, I DID add the MD-500 helicopter mod around day 18 because the terrain was just pissing me off, but just has horde night came we started getting endless errors and the game became unplayable.  Any suggestions on a possible fix or is this save screwed?  Also, if this is not the correct log file, where would I find the correct one?

Player.log795484335_7d2dbroken.thumb.jpg.e3f71be92bf7a1f5d8618bdd40d81cb5.jpg

I just wondered why my plants in farming plots seem not to grow.

Found a FAQ somewhere that said, there needs to be a rain catcher within 4 blocks to make them grow... on tilled soil.

Is there still fertilizer for the tilled soil like in A16? Does it also work with farm plots?

I'm farmer class and skilled lotl 2. So i should pick up 3 items from one plant accodring to the skill descriptions. I still only pick up one from wild plants. Is it broken, or maybe does the perk  just apply to self planted crops (on tilled soil/in farming plots)?

On 11/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, KhaineGB said:

Will check the titanium.
The clipping issue is actually vanilla, and yeah, apparently they can spawn ANYWHERE now.
Yes, the wolf is a little buggy. I know sphereii has been working on the AI, and we're working on fixing up some linux issues too.
Power armor and Hazmat suits should be mixable already. Same with the Radiation Ready mods, hazmat and power armor.
Flamethrowers are fine. They work like an auger. It's the only way I could make it work other than spitting molotovs, which just looks daft. It's got a 10 block range.
I actually thought stun batons DID count as blunt already. Will check that.
No, they're not the same. One is "hold trigger and gun goes brrr" while the other is single shot per left click. Autos are good for room clearance, rifles are better for stealth/sniping.

That's why the AR/AK/M4A1/M60 are all auto.

Okay, 2 questions about that 1) when you say the can spawn anywhere, does that include INSIDE landclaim block area?

and 2) I've been wondering for a long time, if you put a semi-auto mod on an m4 does that then up your rifle skill or still the autoweapon skill?

On 11/6/2020 at 7:18 PM, Yello_Pikmin said:

Any tips on getting Generic Schematics?  Just finished the day 28 horde and finally put points into science crafting to make some mods.  But so far I've only got 18 generic schematics, which is only enough to make one or two mods.  Do I just have to try and hit up some book stores?  Would loot goggles/lucky looter help at all?

On 11/6/2020 at 10:48 PM, KhaineGB said:

Traders also sometimes sell them and have them as quest rewards

Personally I find these to be the rarest, most valuable things in the game.  I have more silver ore than Generic Schematics.  And considering how many you need it's crazy.  I buy them every time I see them but it's still not enough.  Considering that you need about 15-20 per mod and things have 4-5 mods that they need you're looking at 60-100 pages for every weapon/tool/armour you have.  To fully kit out you're looking at 5 amour, plus 3 tools, plus say 2 main weapons = 600 to 1000 generics per character.  These should be craftable.

24 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Found a FAQ somewhere that said, there needs to be a rain catcher within 4 blocks to make them grow... on tilled soil.

Is there still fertilizer for the tilled soil like in A16? Does it also work with farm plots?

I'm farmer class and skilled lotl 2. So i should pick up 3 items from one plant accodring to the skill descriptions. I still only pick up one from wild plants. Is it broken, or maybe does the perk  just apply to self planted crops (on tilled soil/in farming plots)?

no fertilizer.  dig a hole 2 squares deep, put the rain catcher at the bottom, hoe the ground for 4 squares around and plant your garden.  farm plots work the same as hoed ground - in DF they're really meant for underground farms using irrigation system and grow lights.

2 hours ago, Valrin72 said:

I was wondering if anyone can help me salvage my game.  My wife and I play together on local network and were doing just fine until day 21.  Now, I DID add the MD-500 helicopter mod around day 18 because the terrain was just pissing me off, but just has horde night came we started getting endless errors and the game became unplayable.  Any suggestions on a possible fix or is this save screwed?  Also, if this is not the correct log file, where would I find the correct one?

Player.log 542.13 kB · 1 download 795484335_7d2dbroken.thumb.jpg.e3f71be92bf7a1f5d8618bdd40d81cb5.jpg

Says it's an AI error. Killall will fix it but i'll have to go manually spawn all the @%$# and work out where it's crashing.

26 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

You need water within 4 blocks. The rain catcher is just easier.

You don't need fertalizer. Yes it works with farm plots.

Make sure you PUNCH plants. It doesn't apply if picking up with E or using a tool.

21 minutes ago, Valrin72 said:

Okay, 2 questions about that 1) when you say the can spawn anywhere, does that include INSIDE landclaim block area?

and 2) I've been wondering for a long time, if you put a semi-auto mod on an m4 does that then up your rifle skill or still the autoweapon skill?

1) Depends what you mean. Hordes can. Normal zombies cant.

2) Auto.

6 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Says it's an AI error. Killall will fix it but i'll have to go manually spawn all the @%$# and work out where it's crashing.

You don't need fertalizer. Yes it works with farm plots.

Make sure you PUNCH plants. It doesn't apply if picking up with E or using a tool.

1) Depends what you mean. Hordes can. Normal zombies cant.

2) Auto.

Thanks.  I was wondering why the blood moon hordes were spawning INSIDE my base.  I haven't found a good build yet for fighting DF zombies so I just stand out in the field and murder them with high velocity lead.  It was quite upsetting to then see zombies smashing OUT of my base.

I also have issues with the blood moon horde AI.  Don't know if it's lag due to too many zombies or what, but they always seem to run to where I WAS, not where I am.  I can use this to my advantage and just stand still for a few seconds then run to a spot 20 feet away and the zombies will run to where I was and stand there for the same amount of time I was there (great time to throw grenades or fire rockets).  Is this just me or does it happen to others too?

5 minutes ago, Valrin72 said:

farm plots work the same as hoed ground - in DF they're really meant for underground farms using irrigation system and grow lights.

Yep, have seen that. However i already have a huge amount of farm plots and i guess in snow biome you have to dig off the layer of snow first? And farm plots don't need a hoe. So in my case, using farm plots might still be easier. ;)

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

Ok, so a hole just filled with water from a bucket works also?

I read that the rain catcher can overflow and that can destroy your plants. To avoid it, place it 2 blocks deep.

So if i'm probably going to use farm plots, i guess leaving out one farm plot every 8 blocks and just fill that hole with water is still easier?

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

Ah, ok. I also tested hitting them, because i knew from other mods that "pickup with e" doesn't repsect the LOTL-perk.

But i'm not sure anymore, if i just tested with a tool/club or with bare hands.