Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

15 hours ago, Appropriate_Pepper said:

6 minutes ago, Appropriate_Pepper said:

Nevermind @KhaineGB I’m an idiot. I figured it out. I had some of my dukes in storage and you must have 100K in your inventory for him to offer it. It’s working correctly now. Sorry bro!

Edited by Appropriate_Pepper
Figured out problem (see edit history)

Hi,

Not sure if this a DF thing or not just wondering really. In vanilla if you queued up a load of items at a bench or forge the logged out (multiplayer, everyone is offline) the items would be done when you next log in assuming enough time has passed. In our DF game my friends and I noticed that the crafting stops. I mean this makes more sense than the vanilla method as it was a bit magic fairy completes crafting whilst you're away type situation, but just wondering if this a DF specific modification? Thanks :)

Edited by Thundy
clarifying time (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Defendthearch said:

So KhaineGB i have an issue you might be able to resolve, i have a server that a friend put up and i am able to log in just fine but some of my other friends get stuck on the world loading at different percentages, last night my brother in law kept stopping at 85 percent of the world loading we are using DF Medium 2 so its pregen but we can not figure out why this is happening.

@KhaineGB

1 hour ago, Defendthearch said:

In vanilla I had an issue like this - it turned out a battery bank was turning off and on because there wasn't enough power to keep everything turned on. This was causing dozens of electrical devices to switch on/off super quick. I could log in with my PC - which was the highest spec one - but none of my friends could log in. It would get to 90% loaded and just die.

Try logging in and turning power off if you have anything turned on.

Okay, I've applied the missing titanium patch for DF 3.1 but I'm still not finding titanium anywhere.  What is the specific line of code that should exist and I'll check to make sure it's right.

Edit:  okay, finally found some.  Most of the time the boulder on top is saying stuff other than Titanium.  :(  Came home with 20 000 and used it all in one day.

Edited by Valrin72 (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Defendthearch said:

So KhaineGB i have an issue you might be able to resolve, i have a server that a friend put up and i am able to log in just fine but some of my other friends get stuck on the world loading at different percentages, last night my brother in law kept stopping at 85 percent of the world loading we are using DF Medium 2 so its pregen but we can not figure out why this is happening.

Give me time. It was the weekend and I do need sleep occasionally. ;)

I'd try what Thundy suggested.

19 hours ago, Appropriate_Pepper said:

Nevermind @KhaineGB I’m an idiot. I figured it out. I had some of my dukes in storage and you must have 100K in your inventory for him to offer it. It’s working correctly now. Sorry bro!

Sorry I missed you. I saw the post, went to bed and then forgot to reply to it.

But for anyone else, trader training options only show if you have enough dukes in your inventory. Max price is 100k.

12 hours ago, Thundy said:

Hi,

Not sure if this a DF thing or not just wondering really. In vanilla if you queued up a load of items at a bench or forge the logged out (multiplayer, everyone is offline) the items would be done when you next log in assuming enough time has passed. In our DF game my friends and I noticed that the crafting stops. I mean this makes more sense than the vanilla method as it was a bit magic fairy completes crafting whilst you're away type situation, but just wondering if this a DF specific modification? Thanks :)

That's a vanilla thing.

7 hours ago, Valrin72 said:

Okay, I've applied the missing titanium patch for DF 3.1 but I'm still not finding titanium anywhere.  What is the specific line of code that should exist and I'll check to make sure it's right.

Edit:  okay, finally found some.  Most of the time the boulder on top is saying stuff other than Titanium.  :(  Came home with 20 000 and used it all in one day.

I'm still not sure wtf is going on with those boulders. The CODE is right, it's just.... ignoring it.

2 hours ago, Defendthearch said:

@Thundy @KhaineGB our server is brand new there isn't any power or anything to speak of that i know of that could be doing that, we are only on day 7 and unless the map came with something like that happening pregen, i don't know what might be happening.

Sorry I couldn't help :( Do you want me to see if I can connect if you DM me the info? It might rule out the server at least and narrow it down to client if I can?

My friend and I played with this mod for the first time and we are at day 6 now and setting bloodmoon to 3 days was a mistake. It is day 6 now and we found rocket launchers and nanites. We are both at level 48. We didn't even know nanites existed in this game lol.

Are there recommended settings for this mod?

Edited by michimatsch
Spelling (see edit history)

3 hours ago, michimatsch said:

My friend and I played with this mod for the first time and we are at day 6 now and setting bloodmoon to 3 days was a mistake. It is day 6 now and we found rocket launchers and nanites. We are both at level 48. We didn't even know nanites existed in this game lol.

Few hours ago Khaine mentioned:

On 11/22/2020 at 1:45 PM, KhaineGB said:

DF is not supposed to be played without bloodmoons. It's balanced around every 7 days and no more than 90 min days.

I even stayed with 60 min days, so I could not level too fast with too less loot. As I play solo, "Adventurer" as difficulty is hard enough for me.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Thundy said:

Are screamers meant to spawn more screamers?

yea you can get into a cycle with them, that's vanilla afaik.

on horde nights they shouldn't be spawning more with screams, the ones in the swarm are just part of the blood moon already

3 hours ago, michimatsch said:

as a play style I have been experimenting with letting traps do most of the work killing so my game stage doesn't skyrocket early.  If your level and gamestage fly up too fast in Darkness Falls before you can get loot and stabilized you are going to run into problems.  Try to match your level/GS to days in game maybe as a rule of thumb.  It can float a bit higher but level 48 on day 6 is not a fun time.

use the defaults in the launcher until you are comfy with the mod

17 hours ago, belowzeros said:

on horde nights they shouldn't be spawning more with screams, the ones in the swarm are just part of the blood moon already

Oh really? I never saw them spawn more on Vanilla that I can recall... played a lot too. Thanks for answering.

In DF on Day 7 Horde I ended up with loads of them spawning and I died after fleeing my base. I couldn't tell you for sure if they were spawning each other there though but there was a good dozen of them.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:19 PM, belowzeros said:

as a play style I have been experimenting with letting traps do most of the work killing so my game stage doesn't skyrocket early.  If your level and gamestage fly up too fast in Darkness Falls before you can get loot and stabilized you are going to run into problems.  Try to match your level/GS to days in game maybe as a rule of thumb.  It can float a bit higher but level 48 on day 6 is not a fun time.

use the defaults in the launcher until you are comfy with the mod

I usually let traps do most of the work. Players are too "I NEED ALL THE XP!". That doesn't work well for DF because you just make it harder for yourself.

18 hours ago, HydraVega said:

@KhaineGB I apologize if I missed it, but where might I find the entity groups from your mod? I'm not seeing them in the original entitygroup list, nor am I seeing a list in your mod folders. Would like to adjust some of the spawn rates. 

Depends what you want to change. Pretty sure it's spawning.xml for biome spawns.

2 hours ago, aY227 said:

Is it possible to add clock and/or exp gained? 

(including editing xml)

Craft the watch and equip on arm for time

2 hours ago, carts79 said:

Hi, Sorry if this has already been covered, I have downloaded and extracted to game folder as requested when I start game the mouse pointer changes to the tool but all I get is a black screen?? Can anyone help with how I get this working?

Turn off EAC

2 hours ago, aY227 said:

Is it possible to add clock and/or exp gained? 

(including editing xml)

No and Yes.

Clock being disabled is INTENDED for this mod. Get used to it. You can see the time on the trader, on vending machines, on the radio that the survivalist makes or find/make a watch and add it to your gloves as a mod (time will then show in the bottom left as a buff).

XP being off is so you dont just watch for the XP numbers to see when a zombie is dead. I strongly recommend not tweaking stuff that I intend to be the default and actually playing the mod as-is.

It's not supposed to be easy, or hand-holdy, or have crap from vanilla that makes meta-gaming easier.

2 hours ago, carts79 said:

Hi, Sorry if this has already been covered, I have downloaded and extracted to game folder as requested when I start game the mouse pointer changes to the tool but all I get is a black screen?? Can anyone help with how I get this working?

Dre already answered, but turn off EAC>

Just now, KhaineGB said:

XP being off is so you dont just watch for the XP numbers to see when a zombie is dead. 
It's not supposed to be easy, or hand-holdy, or have crap from vanilla that makes meta-gaming easier.

Well yes, I don't need it to know when I killed zed (that I know anyway because of health bars, and 600h ingame also helps) but to know how much different acitivities are worth - also I used to see XP, just a habit.

Time is less important - didn't know about watch/radio.

Thanks to you both.

Great job on DF btw.

Need to have level 5.

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" value="1" level="5" tags="wildCropsHarvest"/>

If it doesn't work, i'm not gonna lose sleep over it, because that's how it's coded in vanilla so I expected it to... y'know... work. ;)