Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

um im having some problems with my install so i get them all installed then i go an start the game an it doesnt start up right so i force close an then it says there something wrong with one of the data files the managed part the assembly -CSharp.dll ive been tryna start this all night but ive been having so much trouble can someone help me

Edited by ALT_Pain (see edit history)

19 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Are you using the number keys on the number pad? That's how it's setup to travel between floors.

I dont see any numbers at all. It's just a blank square inside the elevator. I dont see numbers, nor do I see them if I press anything on that.

The only way I can 'use' the elevator is when I stand in front of the elevator I look down to the first part of the lower floor (the one that needs power) and I click there or look up to the second floor and press with my mousecursor in the air somewhere in the direction of the second floor where it says '2nd floor'. 

So I cant access or see the numpad inside the elevator at all

Also we noticed that in POI's somethimes doors for me are closed while for friends/allies the door seems open. Zombies sometimes can't get out, while for me the door is open, but for them it's locked. And zombies somethimes ran trough doors, while for me they seem closed, but they are actually open :):D

19 hours ago, Suffervoid said:

I apologize if this question has already been answered but I'm having a helluva time installing the mod on a Nitrado server, I've tried several fresh installs and have tried the 18.4 Experimental and 18.4 non experimental, the former generates a ton of errors loading in and the latter throws the server into an infinite boot loop, as far as I can tell I've followed the directions (ftp'd the files to the correct directory) and disabled EAC, are there any other settings that I need to update before I restart the server after the files are copied?

It has taken time for us as well but we got it too work on our Nitrado server :)

What did we do? Actually nothing much.

1. Delete ur complete actual game from the Nitrado Server, so wipe it all  off

2. Do clean install of the 7 days to die game on the server

3. Stop the server

4. Use FTD program like Filezilla to connect FTP

5. Download server files from first posts of this topic, unpack all files inside on the harddrive or use the files from the mod-launcher

6. Upload MODS directory first, then DATA,  then SERVERDATA files (or something like that) NOT ALL AT ONCE... Overwrite existing files. 

7. Restart the server

8. Stop server if that's done.

9. Adjust server settings (daytime, loot etc and DONT USE R.W.G Maps!  Pick a Medium Pregenerated one from the drop down menu) , turn off EAC

10. Restart the server. It takes quite some time to fully load the server for the first time (5 minutes but you can check the progress through webpanel or logfiles in the menu) 

11. For Clients install Mod-Launcher, download/preload Darkest Falls mod locally. Turn EAC off. After loading the game don't presync next time, just a clean start, no registry updates as well active in the Mod-Launcher.

12. Have fun... (at least, for us it worked, but I tried many times to get it right) 

What also is important: Which server from Nitrado u have, how much memory etc.. cause it might fix the issue if u have one with more memory. 

Edited by Fren (see edit history)

10 hours ago, ALT_Pain said:

um im having some problems with my install so i get them all installed then i go an start the game an it doesnt start up right so i force close an then it says there something wrong with one of the data files the managed part the assembly -CSharp.dll ive been tryna start this all night but ive been having so much trouble can someone help me

Try reinstalling it. If you're using the mod launcher, check the mirror link.

4 hours ago, Fren said:

I dont see any numbers at all. It's just a blank square inside the elevator. I dont see numbers, nor do I see them if I press anything on that.

The only way I can 'use' the elevator is when I stand in front of the elevator I look down to the first part of the lower floor (the one that needs power) and I click there or look up to the second floor and press with my mousecursor in the air somewhere in the direction of the second floor where it says '2nd floor'. 

So I cant access or see the numpad inside the elevator at all

Also we noticed that in POI's somethimes doors for me are closed while for friends/allies the door seems open. Zombies sometimes can't get out, while for me the door is open, but for them it's locked. And zombies somethimes ran trough doors, while for me they seem closed, but they are actually open :):D

It has taken time for us as well but we got it too work on our Nitrado server :)

What did we do? Actually nothing much.

1. Delete ur complete actual game from the Nitrado Server, so wipe it all  off

2. Do clean install of the 7 days to die game on the server

3. Stop the server

4. Use FTD program like Filezilla to connect FTP

5. Download server files from first posts of this topic, unpack all files inside on the harddrive or use the files from the mod-launcher

6. Upload MODS directory first, then DATA,  then SERVERDATA files (or something like that) NOT ALL AT ONCE... Overwrite existing files. 

7. Restart the server

8. Stop server if that's done.

9. Adjust server settings (daytime, loot etc and DONT USE R.W.G Maps!  Pick a Medium Pregenerated one from the drop down menu) , turn off EAC

10. Restart the server. It takes quite some time to fully load the server for the first time (5 minutes but you can check the progress through webpanel or logfiles in the menu) 

11. For Clients install Mod-Launcher, download/preload Darkest Falls mod locally. Turn EAC off. After loading the game don't presync next time, just a clean start, no registry updates as well active in the Mod-Launcher.

12. Have fun... (at least, for us it worked, but I tried many times to get it right) 

What also is important: Which server from Nitrado u have, how much memory etc.. cause it might fix the issue if u have one with more memory. 

I meant the number pad on your KEYBOARD. ;)

1 hour ago, Hemfive said:

Why to craft Polymers you need bottled water?

Should be River/Murky water at least for the stack size... what do you think?

Because it used to be murky water and folks complained since, by the time they were making polymers, they mostly had bottled water. So I changed it.

I have a quick question, I am doing the farmer quest and when I placed a chicken coop and animal snare it places a block that looks like hay but nothing that looks like a coops or snare...is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Try reinstalling it. If you're using the mod launcher, check the mirror link.

I meant the number pad on your KEYBOARD. ;)

Ahhh sorry... and indeed that worked :D _O_ Hero O+

Thanks! 

Looking for any information on Eve The SeasonedSurvivor  I had a quest for her "test" Came back to turn in and she was gone... Does she Respawn and you just have to find her?  Been trying to find info on her...  Thank you 

2 hours ago, Caravaggio said:

Looking for any information on Eve The SeasonedSurvivor  I had a quest for her "test" Came back to turn in and she was gone... Does she Respawn and you just have to find her?  Been trying to find info on her...  Thank you 

Yes, Eve will respawn, however, when she did (in my case) she was in a different part of the burned land.

Initially though, when she despawned I had no idea she would be elsewhere, so I spawned her in myself, completed the quest, then later I have found her in two additional locations.

I have yet to find her for the second stage of quests, I assume, it would be in the wasteland which I haven't entered yet ( I am currently on the DF-Large map ), so she could be literally anywhere around the edge of the map lol.

17 hours ago, ALT_Pain said:

Recommended specs on this pack?

16GB RAM strongly recommended. Other than that, as vanilla.

10 hours ago, Caravaggio said:

Sounds like the game despawned her. Which means you won't be able to turn the quest in (have a potential working fix for that)

11 hours ago, Caravaggio said:

This happened to me as well. I just went to the meeting location and spawned her by opening the console and typing:

spawnentity <playerID> <entityID>   (actually you can use "se" instead of spawnentity for brevity). e.g.,

se 197 617

Hit enter and she'll pop in. Complete quest as normal.

Just type se by itself to see a list of ID numbers. So I was 197 and she was 617.

One caveat. Make sure all other quests are completed before you engage with her or they may reset and you'll have to do them again.

Edited by scubahalo
Wrong quote (see edit history)

Now I’ve watched a Starvation-style stream and that’s cool. The radioactive area is really dangerous, even in a hazmat suit. Being there you mean,
that you’ll die anyway, even without zombies.
Now, when finding a hazmat suit, the player can live in radiation, not at all afraid of radiation and can not experience all the dangers of the area.
Why not turn off the full protection of the hazmat suit, and leave a part (20-30%), pills from radiation
will be more in demand. Power armor will also provide protection from radiation of 20-30%, but has the ability to insert lead plates into the armor to protect against radiation.
Lead plates can wear out as they are used and put on instead of armor plates. Due to the heavy weight of the lead plates, the character receives a decrease in movement speed.
Power armor can not be repaired, only craft or search and join on a laser workbench. Radiation can also impose an elevated temperature.

In vanilla, when you beat zombies they speed up. Why is this disabled in DF?

Actually, for hazmat/power armor, I really want to see if I can do something like "as the item takes damage, the protection decreases." So making sure they're repaired would be absolutely essential.

More-so for the hazmat than power armor, but yeah. It's something I want to investigate.

Zombie rage was disabled because...

1) I think it's dumb.
2) It applies to all zombies. I don't want it to apply to all of my zombies.

There's no point to the hoe now in A18 right?  So in DF Mod only the farmer specialization can use the plots?  So farming tips is kind of useless? or am i missing something, i tried to hoe up some ground but nothing seemed to really happen other than digging up some clay.

4 minutes ago, Varzii said:

There's no point to the hoe now in A18 right?  So in DF Mod only the farmer specialization can use the plots?  So farming tips is kind of useless? or am i missing something, i tried to hoe up some ground but nothing seemed to really happen other than digging up some clay.

U still can craft farmplots I think?  Place them and put seeds in them, you might get less bonuses, but I guess its still possible for other skills then farmers?

2 minutes ago, Fren said:

U still can craft farmplots I think?  Place them and put seeds in them, you might get less bonuses, but I guess its still possible for other skills then farmers?

No, as far as i can tell its locked behind living off the land which is a farmer perk.

2 hours ago, Varzii said:

If you dig up the ground with a hoe, then you use the left mouse button .