Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

11 minutes ago, wastedhobo said:

Hello, i need some help setting up my server, i downloaded the server file (v2.50.1) and put it into my server files on g-portal and i downloaded the matching client side patch, and when i try to join my server with darkness falls installed im getting a repeating error while trying to load in of (err xml loader loading and parsing failed exception class block plant growing with water mods not found on block crops growing master) can anyone please help me? my friends and i are trying to get this server going with this mod and its proving very painfull

I bet GPortal blocked DLL uploads.

So you might need to ask them to install it.

20 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

can i join your discord and perhaps talk to you for some support? iv been trying to get this working for about 4 hours any help would be greatly appreciated 

36 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

this is what im currently getting, i got the mod to launch im just failing to connect to the server now it keeps erroring out here

sdf.png

Hi, we have a question. My friend just started this on his server, and we've never played the updated version. The Class Skills, how do we access them. I was looking back at past posts, and it said when you hit the trader, back in 2018, it would give you a Class Blank book or something... but I went to him tonight, with next to nothing in my inventory, and nothing appeared. I also talked to the Captain of the Guard once, got a quest from him and from the Trader, and now the Guard won't give me anymore quests. Only the Trader that first appeared when I was starting today. Please help, how do we access the Class Skills? I'm Really interested in learning, and can we learn more than one, or just one?

1) Installed the mod via gitlab on a dedicated server
2) On the gaming PC - the client part

If you join the server, at the beginning of the game only 1 book is given for class selection.

If you start a solo game, then there are two books.

So it should be?

Screenshot_68.jpg.b5434a5fd14c1c74829028c67fd943f1.jpg

Screenshot_69.jpg.e8257a946546727a68d1d2bf029e35d5.jpg

Edited by just_chill (see edit history)

On 5/20/2020 at 12:54 AM, Angelious1618 said:

Hi, we have a question. My friend just started this on his server, and we've never played the updated version. The Class Skills, how do we access them. I was looking back at past posts, and it said when you hit the trader, back in 2018, it would give you a Class Blank book or something... but I went to him tonight, with next to nothing in my inventory, and nothing appeared. I also talked to the Captain of the Guard once, got a quest from him and from the Trader, and now the Guard won't give me anymore quests. Only the Trader that first appeared when I was starting today. Please help, how do we access the Class Skills? I'm Really interested in learning, and can we learn more than one, or just one?

If you're playing on a server, you get 1 blank class book. Open the backpack.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:47 PM, Noxxy said:

On the topic of Caitlin.... has anyone found her in the DF-Medium map?

There's AT LEAST 2 on the medium map in one of the wasteland areas. I don't remember which medium map, but one is near a river.

1 hour ago, just_chill said:

1) Installed the mod via gitlab on a dedicated server
2) On the gaming PC - the client part

If you join the server, at the beginning of the game only 1 book is given for class selection.

If you start a solo game, then there are two books.

So it should be?

Screenshot_68.jpg.b5434a5fd14c1c74829028c67fd943f1.jpg

Screenshot_69.jpg.e8257a946546727a68d1d2bf029e35d5.jpg

Single player - 2 books.
Multiplayer via dedicated server - 1 book.

This is intended to encourage player co-operation.

13 hours ago, Gads said:

I just downloaded the mod.  All the POI's are in the air when I start the game and when I go near them they crumble to the ground.  Ideas on how to fix?

A18 vanilla issue. You're either using a seed or save game name for a game that already exists and the data hasn't been fully cleared. So it's loading part of the old data.

8 hours ago, just_chill said:

What needs to be done in order for the quest for the second grade to become available. First quest chain completed 6/6

If you mean the T2 trader quests, i'm pretty sure that the latest version has a patch which increases the required amount of quests from 5 to 10.

If you mean "class mastery", get level 50 and buy the perk, or find/buy the book, read it and then hit level 50.

Hi 

Having a bit of a problem.... when i play this mod, the graphics are weird?. like the doors are covered with iron plates and bins are surrounded in them too, also beds are covered with sloped wooden frames?? i can walk through the doors but cant see the correct graphic, has anyone had the same problem? or do i need to download a new mod?

Many thanks

I have run into a really odd graphical glitch i was wondering if anyone else had run into. I placed a couple of auto turret MK2 outside my base and suddenly depending on how i turn or angle my character in the base my crafting stations disappear from view.  You can still interact with them and run into them but they are invisible.  I made sure it was the turrets causing this by picking them up and placing them a couple of times and the glitch stops happening when they are not placed. 

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

A18 vanilla issue. You're either using a seed or save game name for a game that already exists and the data hasn't been fully cleared. So it's loading part of the old data.

If you mean the T2 trader quests, i'm pretty sure that the latest version has a patch which increases the required amount of quests from 5 to 10.

If you mean "class mastery", get level 50 and buy the perk, or find/buy the book, read it and then hit level 50.

I do I fix it if it's a seed or save game issue?

14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I saw you post that earlier and I did an omg.  I read about this briefly in early A18 I think and totally forgot about it.  I think this explains a lot of my POI wonkiness I posted about weeks (and weeks ago)...thanks again KGB

i uninstalled the mod from the launcher, uninstalled 7d2d from steam, uninstalled the mod launcher, re-installed 7d2d, the mod launcher, and the mod to the mod launcher. started a new game DF medium, with default settings. game started. played about 5 min and quit to see if it was working. game started back fine. played about 5 hrs and shut it down. went to play this am and got to the initializing world screen and the console opened with array is out of bounds or something to that effect. just a gamer here, not a IT guy, but i'm wondering if there are files somewhere i'm not deleting that the new install is referencing?  i played for probably 700, guess, hours with zero problems. don't mind losing my progress, i'm guilty of not making a save game copy. but enjoy the game and would like to play it. 

ok, went and tried the WotW mod, never had a problem, then started War3suk, did ok for a while then wouldn't load like DF. went into steam settings and turned off cloud synch, and saved folder, and deleted game files. ta da, now DF loads ok and so does War3uk. Have no idea whats going on but I'm playing DF again so all is good so far.

Edited by oldguy67
new info on problem (see edit history)

Question on POI's:

I used Nitrogen with the pregen POI list for DF to create a map. Turns out there's an insane shopping mall with so much loot it makes the game pointless. Sounds like DF includes the Compo pack for POI's, so I guess my question is: are there POI's like this on the included DF maps? POI's that some would consider to be... unnatural (heh)? I'm not sure whether this POI came from Compo or DF, but if Compo is included in DF it may not matter?

Also, if anyone has a customized POI list for Nitrogen that does not included those types of wild loot locations I'd be thankful to be linked in that direction.

Cheers

Hi

The mod launcher keeps getting an error from gitlab when downloading the mods

I have gone to gitlab and tried to DL the file directly to partial success, the ZIP is corrupted somehow even thou its been downloaded completely.

Is there some other source I can DL it from?

On 5/22/2020 at 6:17 PM, Jamweez said:

Hi 

Having a bit of a problem.... when i play this mod, the graphics are weird?. like the doors are covered with iron plates and bins are surrounded in them too, also beds are covered with sloped wooden frames?? i can walk through the doors but cant see the correct graphic, has anyone had the same problem? or do i need to download a new mod?

Many thanks

I... actually have no idea on that. I think I saw someone have a similar issue and it was related to either texture size options or LOD distance?

On 5/22/2020 at 11:42 PM, Varzii said:

I have run into a really odd graphical glitch i was wondering if anyone else had run into. I placed a couple of auto turret MK2 outside my base and suddenly depending on how i turn or angle my character in the base my crafting stations disappear from view.  You can still interact with them and run into them but they are invisible.  I made sure it was the turrets causing this by picking them up and placing them a couple of times and the glitch stops happening when they are not placed. 

Aha, now I know what that one is.

It's a bug with either Tree Quality, Object Quality or Occlusion. I normally put the 2 quality options at medium and turn Occlusion off and that sorts it out.

On 5/23/2020 at 12:40 AM, Gads said:

I do I fix it if it's a seed or save game issue?

If you're using the launcher, my advise is to make sure saves are local to the mod. I believe it has that option and should resolve it.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:56 AM, Troyballs said:

Keeps popping up when I talk to the trader. Any one know how to fix it?

20200520_085444.jpg

That looks like something isn't installed properly, assuming you're not using any modlets with the mod.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:27 PM, oldguy67 said:

i uninstalled the mod from the launcher, uninstalled 7d2d from steam, uninstalled the mod launcher, re-installed 7d2d, the mod launcher, and the mod to the mod launcher. started a new game DF medium, with default settings. game started. played about 5 min and quit to see if it was working. game started back fine. played about 5 hrs and shut it down. went to play this am and got to the initializing world screen and the console opened with array is out of bounds or something to that effect. just a gamer here, not a IT guy, but i'm wondering if there are files somewhere i'm not deleting that the new install is referencing?  i played for probably 700, guess, hours with zero problems. don't mind losing my progress, i'm guilty of not making a save game copy. but enjoy the game and would like to play it. 

I honestly have no idea what's going on with that error. It's like it's breaking the biomes.png or something else in save games and I don't understand why.

I just know the manual installs I have on my laptop and desktop are working fine. I can start a game, play, fully quit, reload and all good. I know sphereii is also tracking an issue with gitlab (which is what I use) because they changed something that's caused launcher issues.

11 hours ago, kosh401 said:

Question on POI's:

I used Nitrogen with the pregen POI list for DF to create a map. Turns out there's an insane shopping mall with so much loot it makes the game pointless. Sounds like DF includes the Compo pack for POI's, so I guess my question is: are there POI's like this on the included DF maps? POI's that some would consider to be... unnatural (heh)? I'm not sure whether this POI came from Compo or DF, but if Compo is included in DF it may not matter?

Also, if anyone has a customized POI list for Nitrogen that does not included those types of wild loot locations I'd be thankful to be linked in that direction.

Cheers

I think there ARE a couple of those on the DF maps, but I tried to dump them out in the wasteland.

Basically a risk vs reward thing. Deal with radiation and zombies from hell, get good loot. :)

5 hours ago, Narog said:

Hi

The mod launcher keeps getting an error from gitlab when downloading the mods

I have gone to gitlab and tried to DL the file directly to partial success, the ZIP is corrupted somehow even thou its been downloaded completely.

Is there some other source I can DL it from?

It's another gitlab, but I have a mirror on my personal server.
http://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/dfa18client/-/archive/master/dfa18client-master.zip

Seems to work better since less folk are using it.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

I... actually have no idea on that. I think I saw someone have a similar issue and it was related to either texture size options or LOD distance?

Aha, now I know what that one is.

It's a bug with either Tree Quality, Object Quality or Occlusion. I normally put the 2 quality options at medium and turn Occlusion off and that sorts it out.

If you're using the launcher, my advise is to make sure saves are local to the mod. I believe it has that option and should resolve it.

That looks like something isn't installed properly, assuming you're not using any modlets with the mod.

I honestly have no idea what's going on with that error. It's like it's breaking the biomes.png or something else in save games and I don't understand why.

I just know the manual installs I have on my laptop and desktop are working fine. I can start a game, play, fully quit, reload and all good. I know sphereii is also tracking an issue with gitlab (which is what I use) because they changed something that's caused launcher issues.

I think there ARE a couple of those on the DF maps, but I tried to dump them out in the wasteland.

Basically a risk vs reward thing. Deal with radiation and zombies from hell, get good loot. :)

It's another gitlab, but I have a mirror on my personal server.
http://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/dfa18client/-/archive/master/dfa18client-master.zip

Seems to work better since less folk are using it.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, Troyballs said:

Keeps popping up when I talk to the trader. Any one know how to fix it?

20200520_085444.jpg

No I'm not using any modlets.