Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I really like the disabling of vehicles on blood moon horde, but I notice bicycle and other non engine vehicles from other mods is working. Is it possible to disable all vehicles at horde night, if so, how can I do it?

On 5/19/2020 at 4:23 PM, wastedhobo said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937this is what im currently getting, i got the mod to launch im just failing to connect to the server now it keeps erroring out here

sdf.png

I think this was fixed in the experimental release. You can go to that version without killing your save.

• You can make cans on regular forges --- but not on advanced forges.
  • Can someone artistically inclined make a nice model for the Winchester rifle?
    • Maybe by design - but the Winchester needs some mod love as well. It seems to be restricted in mod use.
  • Can we add few more points to Xbow damage? They are pretty much ignored in every game I have played.

9 hours ago, TechieZero said:
  • You can make cans on regular forges --- but not on advanced forges.
  • Can someone artistically inclined make a nice model for the Winchester rifle?
    • Maybe by design - but the Winchester needs some mod love as well. It seems to be restricted in mod use.
  • Can we add few more points to Xbow damage? They are pretty much ignored in every game I have played.

1) Will fix that.
2) I actually bought a model for it a while back and never re-did the model. Since i'm likely going to have to update everything for A19, it'll get replaced then. Will also check what mods it can/can't take.

3) Will see if TFP give them any buffs in A19 and adjust depending on that.

6 hours ago, Mrrlyn said:

Hi! did you remove the gyrocopthere parts? Or its a very rare drops?

Rare drops off demons only.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Haven't had an issues with the goats myself. Will double check since i'm re-doing XML and unity assets anyways.

I've killed it with a bow. Seems like the problem was with bleeding effect. 
Next time I see the goat I'll try one more time with a spear to check if it was a problem only with that specific goat or with all of them.

The map generator seems to be based on early versions of a17 if I'm not mistaken. Are there any plans for updating it?

Ahhhh, it's that bleeding crap again. Okay. I know how to fix that.

The problem is related to the bleeding buff removing the bleed effect, which then caused errors on some entities. In A17, I changed it so the bleeding effect is removed via perma-buff on the PLAYER, which solved the issue :)

Maps may get replaced/updated in A19 depending how broken stuff is.

New to these forums as DF has been working without issue until now. Tried to join the discord but guess I am too stupid to figure out the role=color to get in. I have just deleted everything and am trying a new install. The issue is that I can start a new game play for awhile and after I quite and come back in I get an error about replacing the "AnimalHunterPotionParticle.unity3d" failed! and then never get past the initializing screen.

Edit: after the complete reload using no modlets that I have added still get the same error. Only thing I noticed that might be of help is that 

0-SphereIICore modlet shows up when I install DF and it has the "Update" indicator and no matter how many time I hit update it does not go away. I have mirror checked. Running the latest versions of mod and 7d2d (18.4b4). I guess for now I will have to move on to another mod. I really like this mod and it worked great till all of the sudden it doesn't.
Edited by HIM
new info (see edit history)

As per several replies on this thread.

There is an issue with the Launcher and Gitlab (where I host the mod). Sphereii is working on fixing it. I can't easily host the mod somewhere else for launcher installs because gitlab is the only host that allows files larger than 100mb in size (which I need for the custom worlds).

The animalhunterpotionparticle error doesn't exist AT ALL if you do a manual install.

As such, the advice is the same as i've said a few times.

Manually. Install. The. Mod.

It fixes pretty much all of the issues folks have been having. I will be looking at setting up a basic HTTP server with download links to just grab a zip file to help facilitate this.

Hello.
I was doing a class quest, but in the quest to defeat the enemy with the weapon I got while the quest was in progress, I had the same weapon but with better quality, so I discarded the weapon I got.
Then, the quest stopped progressing.
Is there any way to recover in this case?
I tried to create a blank class paper after abandoning the quest and start the class quest again from the beginning, but I couldn't.

No. The quests aren't repeatable so you can't just make a new book and start again.

You CAN get an admin book from the creative menu (make sure the dev icon is lit up) to give you all the points in skills as if you finished the class quest to "fix" yourself.

How do I manually load the game?  (I know probably a very basic question) I've cleared out my original 7d2d game of all saves, uninstalled it and the mod launcher, re-installed both and I'm still getting floating buildings.   You mentioned manually loading the game might fix a lot of problems.  Thank you.

What I do is this.

Load 7DTD from steam. One of the options will be "show game launcher." Click that and play, then go to the tools tab, click "clear game data", tick the game data box (untick profiles if you like) and then hit clean.

That's always done it for me. :)

Lag/stuttering in wasteland:

My friends and I have notice a lot of lag and stuttering in wasteland. In my search for answers i went underground in god mod. I noticed one difference from other biomes, the boulders that spawn underground in wasteland. Normally underground in god mode there is nothing underground unless someone have done something there. Is the boulders the reason for lag/stuttering in wasteland, and was this the reason developers removed underground caves?
If this is the case I would suggest removing them for a smoother experience.

10 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Fixed in 2.50.2

Also reduced wasteland clutter to help with vehicles, increase portal spawn chance, increase rock spawn chance and decrease lag.

Great to hear, when will it be out?