Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

HI. LOVING this mod. Question - I see videos in which people starting a new game get two skill books. I am only getting one. Is that intentional, or is there some way I can get two skill books at the beginning of a new game? Thank you for any help offered.

Two skill books is on the single player version. One skill book on the server version.

You are correct sir! You are a great help scubahalo. Since you seem to be a genius, perhaps you can tell me why this odd thing is happening - when the game starts I am able to harvest a peach/orange tree. I cannot tell which it is. Once I've done that the first time it won't allow me to do it again. I suspect it's a bug. Would you have any ideas about this issue? I appreciate the assistance.

You are correct sir! You are a great help scubahalo. Since you seem to be a genius, perhaps you can tell me why this odd thing is happening - when the game starts I am able to harvest a peach/orange tree. I cannot tell which it is. Once I've done that the first time it won't allow me to do it again. I suspect it's a bug. Would you have any ideas about this issue? I appreciate the assistance.

In the client version when you hit orange/apple trees with an axe or whatever to harvest the fruit it goes bare IIRC. The tree will eventually grow fruit again but not if you chop it down completely. The banana and coconut trees get smaller when you harvest them and will eventually return to normal size and be harvestable again. Unless you chop them down completely, of course. I'm not sure if the server version is different or not. I've never played it.

Is there any way to manually raise the Action Skills like Scavenging and Athletics? I lost my save to a power outage and I managed to get the world back, but not my character. I could easily get my XP and items spawned back in, but I don't know how to raise the skills besides just playing the game.

Yes there are. Search creative for the name of the skill and you'll find books (can also be looted in game). These give +2 to the action skill.

Hey Khaine,

I'm curious how often you update the experimental build on GitLab. Thinking I should download it again but I have a slow connection so I don't want to unnecessarily. Last time was aprox. 2 weeks ago. Thanks for all your hard work!

Not often. I released that version early to help folks on isolation/lockdown. I MAY update it next week, but no guarantee on that (could be longer)

HI. LOVING this mod. Question - I see videos in which people starting a new game get two skill books. I am only getting one. Is that intentional, or is there some way I can get two skill books at the beginning of a new game? Thank you for any help offered.

If you are playing on a server, that's intended.

ok, the fix to keep the console popping up in the cold biomes works perfectly for me. hasn't happened again and i've spent a lot of time there. Thanks for the fast fix. i watched a vid on youtube where the presenter goes into the bunker/lab, 4 tents and 1 big one place. and all hell was breaking loose, explosions, etc, and when he got to (lab 3 ?) with the portal, zombies were pouring out of it until a cop exploded and took it out. he had a ton of loot bags. i went to two of the same lab, and neither portal was generating zombies, also there was much less activity in the whole place. both times. i was really after some research notes but other than laser sabers, laser pistols and energy cells there wasn't anything much different than usual. do the labs have a random activity level?

Really enjoying the mod. Having a ton of fun with it. Have a few questions. When working towards the advanced forge it requires steel but you can't make in the regular forge. Is it just a trader scavenge thing?

Build a big forge with a crucible and you will be able to create forged steel.

A question. I haven't got much experience with Mods and just started playing with this mod but I believe that I learned enough to survive the first 7 Horde Nights. I am on day 157 and so far all the NPC Survivors that I had hired died without any question even though they were inside my base, safe enough to not die instantly during horde night. Whenever their health got low, I place all kinds of foods and meds inside their Inventory... But, they aren't eating it and they all die anyway... So, here's the question; How do you heal NPC Survivor that was hired already? Need any special procedure?

Please help, I am tired of having my Survivors dying on me.

Really enjoying the mod. Having a ton of fun with it. Have a few questions. When working towards the advanced forge it requires steel but you can't make in the regular forge. Is it just a trader scavenge thing?

Steel is made in the Big Forge.

ok, the fix to keep the console popping up in the cold biomes works perfectly for me. hasn't happened again and i've spent a lot of time there. Thanks for the fast fix. i watched a vid on youtube where the presenter goes into the bunker/lab, 4 tents and 1 big one place. and all hell was breaking loose, explosions, etc, and when he got to (lab 3 ?) with the portal, zombies were pouring out of it until a cop exploded and took it out. he had a ton of loot bags. i went to two of the same lab, and neither portal was generating zombies, also there was much less activity in the whole place. both times. i was really after some research notes but other than laser sabers, laser pistols and energy cells there wasn't anything much different than usual. do the labs have a random activity level?

No. The spawners have a random bug. ;) We're working on fixing that right now.

A question. I haven't got much experience with Mods and just started playing with this mod but I believe that I learned enough to survive the first 7 Horde Nights. I am on day 157 and so far all the NPC Survivors that I had hired died without any question even though they were inside my base, safe enough to not die instantly during horde night. Whenever their health got low, I place all kinds of foods and meds inside their Inventory... But, they aren't eating it and they all die anyway... So, here's the question; How do you heal NPC Survivor that was hired already? Need any special procedure?

Please help, I am tired of having my Survivors dying on me.

You should be able to right-click when near them to heal them. I'm trying to work out why their health randomly tanks. I turned off eating/drinking temporarily as that WAS causing a bug that made them just die.

Update on the Fruit Tree thingy - So when I start the game I can harvest a fruit tree. I've successfully done peaches/oranges (maybe someone can tell me what those actually are) and I've also been able to harvest apples. Once I've done this once no other fruit tree in the game will function properly. I am unable to interact with them in any way at all, and they don't present collision detection; meaning I can walk right through them. No tool will function properly with them. Again, this is after harvesting a tree right at the start of a new game. Once that happens all other fruit trees are just placeholders. As always any assistance provided will be greatly appreciated.

Soo i had a day 70 game , with a lot of time put into it, my power just flickered a few minutes ago, and the game i was playing now is giving me some errors and says its alpha0.0 ...

anyone got any tips on how to retrieve this game ?

ertrors are

invalid magic bytes in world header

failed loading backup header file

object reference not set to an instance of an object

Did have one last question for now lol. The cars that aren't vanilla I.e. the police car, taxi, and others. Is there a way to repair those to a drivable state?

Nope.

Soo i had a day 70 game , with a lot of time put into it, my power just flickered a few minutes ago, and the game i was playing now is giving me some errors and says its alpha0.0 ...

anyone got any tips on how to retrieve this game ?

ertrors are

invalid magic bytes in world header

failed loading backup header file

object reference not set to an instance of an object

You can try checking for a backup save in %AppData%\Roaming\7DaysToDie\SavesLocal

But if there's nothing there, no. Your save is toast. The game CONSTANTLY writes to your save, so power going out = dead save.

Is there a trick to get bear kills to register for either of the quests requiring you to kill them? I must have killed 50 of them, but I'm still 0/3 on one and 0/1 on the other. All the rest of the animal kills register for the quests. Thanks.

Is there a trick to get bear kills to register for either of the quests requiring you to kill them? I must have killed 50 of them, but I'm still 0/3 on one and 0/1 on the other. All the rest of the animal kills register for the quests. Thanks.

you probably are required to have a specific weapon equipped

That would be LIVE bears, not zombie ones. Yeah, it should be more specific. Unfortunately, there's a buttload more dead ones than live ones. Doable though. Mountains, snow. Good luck!

Thanks Khaine - what about the gyrocopter. It appears DF has the two main gyro pieces as loot-only. Can you comment on rarity and/or source for these?

one of the rarest drops in the game. I think he has said before they are not on the shops it is loot only and ultra rare.

if the 50 were zombie bears it needs to be real live society contributing bears. or you are using the wrong weapon check the quest notes for that info.